Stores > Al's Sporting Goods
  • Al's Sporting G

Voice your opinion! Review Al's Sporting Goods by clicking a star below.
2017-09-13

Complete Ripoff

"Ordered two pair of shoes. They said they were out of stock on one of the pair in my size. So I called and talked to them to see if I could get it in half a size smaller. She says sure. She will just switch them out. Next day I get a email saying they don't have that one in stock. Weird thing is the price for those shoes doubled over night and they show both sizes in stock. I can not for the life of me understand how this company is still in business with all the bad reviews. Stay away!!!"

2016-12-12

NOT EVEN WORTHY OF 1 STAR

"The negative reviews are correct. They show false stock is available take your money and then tell you oh sorry we don't have that want something else similar? Then you say fine send me the similar item and then they send something else all together anyway. Sure they offered my money back but after a few weeks of run around near the holidays I don't want my money back I want the item I ordered the first time! Go to amazon or Dicks, get the right item the first time even if it is $1 more! "

2016-04-30

Liars! Phoney Website Offerings-Should be 1/2 star

"Ordered a pair of Brooks running shoes from Al's, the night I ordered it, the credit card was accepted and I received a receipt for the item, several days later I decided to find out where the shoes were as far as shipping and was shocked to learn that they cancelled the order, I'm guessing because they didn't really have it in stock, and try to steer people to their site with false intentions, but more than anything the fact that they never notified me that the item was cancelled, and I guess just expected that when they never arrived I would want to check and see what happened. To me it is really false advertising to say you have something, as it clearly did on their Website and know you don't really have it in stock. "

2016-02-01

BEWARE OF AL'S SPORTING GOODS IN UTAH! MISREPRESENT DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

"BEWARE OF ALS SPORTING GOODS. THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE WHEN THEY SEND DEFECTIVE ITEM. These boots are defective and not "as described" on the website. The size/width chart provided doesn't match with the narrow boots I received. no width is provided on tag or box yet list many different widths on the item description/size chart. I can't even get my foot inside. Very misleading and DISHONEST!! STAY AWAY! They now want me to pay shipping back to them for these heavy boots that are of no use due to the defects."

2014-07-29

"I needed some shoes for my daughter for going back to school so I gave Al's a chance and got them there. I'm very glad I did the price was great and my daughter loves them! No problems at all. Thank you Al's!"

2014-02-24

"Two weeks and still have not received my item. Aweful customer service. I placed my order, received email confirmation, and then nothing. After a week I called and was promised it would ship the next day priority mail. A week later I still had not received the package. I called back and the represenative said it would be a few more days before it would arrive. Save yourself the aggrevation and go with Amazon."

2013-01-28

"I wanted a particular Salomom ski and Al's had the lowest price on the web so I checked their customer ratings and comments before ordering. Initially I was a bit concerned with some of the negative comments but when I rechecked Al's website all of the policies people complained about were clearly stated on the website, and more importantly, I thought the policies were reasonable given the deep discount Al's offers. I ordered the skis and they arrived as promised - brand new, perfect shape despite being shipped from Utah to Rhode Island, and the price tag on the ski was double the price I actually paid. Al's didn't even charge me the $17 shipping fee for an oversized item. I'm delighted with my purchase and very pleased with Al's Sporting Goods. "

2013-01-07

"I was a little skeptical buying from them after seeing some of the negative reviews, but I must say alssports.com is fabulous! Their customer service was top notch, the product was shipped right away (crazy fast!) and I was e-mailed a tracking number with my shipment notification. I got a great deal and my boyfriend loves his new camo rain jacket. I will definitely buy from again!"

2012-12-19

"Placed an order for an item that was in stock very near Christmas, and was notified a full day and a half later that it was no longer in stock and my account was credited. Now I won't have the product for Christmas and have to go find it elsewhere... very disappointing and incredibly annoying. So they might be good if you're not in a hurry to get your product, but clearly they are not reliable in a tight situation."

2012-11-20

"I recently was looking for a Osprey Poco Premium Hiking pack. Al's was the only place I could find who had it at a discounted price. After reading some reviews, I was skeptical to order from Al's. However, I decided that a 38% discount (including a coupon code) was worth the risk. Boy am I glad I did. I order the $299 pack for $188 with free shipping on a Sunday evening. Monday morning I received an email from both UPS and Al's with shipping info. I received the package on Wed. Everything was perfect with one exception. I noticed a few days later that the pack was missing the diaper changing pad, I emailed Al's and they responded in less than 12 hours with confirmation of sending out the changing pad. From the reviews I had read, people must have experienced a completely different Al's than I did. I give this company A+!!!"

2012-11-19

"I only feel the need to write this review because of all of the negative feedback that Al's have received and I decided to give it a chance anyway. My experience is this: I found Al's via spadout.com as the cheapest retailer for the particular climbing gear that I wanted so I pulled the trigger. They were about 30% less than anyone else, I was worried that it may be too good to be true. I did get my package though, everything that I ordered in a fairly timely fashion. Packing materials were virtually non-existent but the gear wasn't exactly fragile. Al's certainly isn't perfect: their site doesn't work at all on Android; in Windows 7 + Firefox clicking on the UPS tracking link on the order list page doesn't work at all and on the order page itself it almost gets you to the tracking; I also have a sneaking suspicion that they store your password in plain-text. I would certainly order from here again because of the prices but technology-wise they are extremely unimpressive."

2012-10-05

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS FRAUD COMPANY!!! Im giving a ONE star only because there isnt a ZERO or Negative and because I have to.

Despite the many negative reviews that I read, I decided to take a chance.. like other customers below and decided make a purchase since I found an item that I wanted with FREE SHIPPING and after using a discount code of 25% off, it saved me over $200+. I thought it was too good to be true... Little did I know, I've been told many lies from the first day that I called in to confirm the item in stock and proceeded with the purchase!!

I was told since I ordered the item on Friday that it would be delivered on Wednesday. On monday, I received a call asking if I have a business address they can ship it to because my item was so large.. I said "no". Of course I wanted it to be shipped to my house and not a business where I have to then deliver it home. Then the next day, I called and asked for a "tracking number" and was told they would have to get it and call me back.

Then on Thursday 10/4, I called to check the "status" of my order, they said it already shipped.. and went out on a freight truck and I should receive it in a few days. Today is Friday 10/5, I just received a missed call with no voice-mail. I called back and the lady told me I have to pay for shipping charges because the item is so big and they made a mistake on the website of giving me a low price! The shipping cost... $200 but they said they'd pay for half of it.. I was like.. WTF.. BULL -SHIT! I thought my item was "already" on the way..l been told many LIES and now I find out that I my item hasnt been shipped yet and that I have to pay for SHIPPING!! This is ridiculous.. What a FRAUD Company! I canceled my item and now awaiting my refund!! What a waste of my time and energy!! I knew I should've trusted those negative reviews!!

My advice is Stay far away..... You'd rather pay more from a legit company than to "think" your saving some money but really getting scammed!!!

2012-09-17

"I was a little leery about placing an order with Al's due to the number of negative reviews I have read here. However, I decided to take a chance on a Mountain Hardwear Enterprise backpack that was on sale. I also found a promotional code that Al's honored and they gave me another 10% off of an already ridiculously low price. Being a gambler, I rolled the dice.

My gamble paid off big time! I ended up paying $62.68, which included shipping, for a $110 backpack! I placed the order on Thursday morning and the packaged arrived on Monday morning, in perfect condition, bearing a brand spanking new Mountain Hardwear Enterprise backpack! Perfect!

My only issue, and it's a minor one, is with the shade of gray on the pack. This is not a reflection upon Al's but rather with the representation of this item on the Mountain Hardwear website. Al's just used those images, which vary considerably from the actual colors. This is a complaint that is expressed by everyone who orders one of these Enterprise packs, regardless of where they ordered. It an issue that Mountain Hardwear needs to address! The image for the "Stainless" color of gray is that of a much darker gray than the very light shades of gray or silver on the actual pack itself. For the price I paid I can easily live with it!

As far as Al's Sports is concerned, I would ordered from them again with confidence and without hesitation! Kudos to Al's Sports for fast shipping and low prices! You have earned a great reputation as well as a very happy customer!

**Al's DID NOT ask me to write this review.

2012-08-30

"Bought pair of Sanuks. They were great but I purchased the wrong size. Sanuks apparently are suppose to fit snug and a size nine didn't quite do it for me. So I had to return it for a 8.5. The shoes arrived quickly, and I had no problems with customer support when I requested a exchange. Luckly they had 8.5 in stock. Few days later the 8.5 showed up in the mail. I'd recommend them to anyone. The kid I talked to seemed really nice and helpful. "

2012-05-31

"ordered a pair of shorts. a day later, received a phone call, saying that the item was not in stock, and whether they should replace it with some other shorts. When I checked online, the shorts that were offered weren't listed, and I didn't find them anywhere else online with the product description that was given to me. So I called to cancel the order. Now, running out of stock happens, and doesn't in itself warrant a bad review. What's unacceptable to me is that they charged my credit card for an item they didn't even have in stock. Will update after finding out how the refund process goes.

UPDATE: received an email confirming the refund a few hours after cancelling the order, so that's decent. Still, companies should charge cards when the order ships, not before they even know they can deliver.

Share Al's Sporting Goods's store rating

Al's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Al's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member
Al's Sporting Goods does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!