Stores > Amazon.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.36/10 4.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.66/10 3.66/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.45/10 3.45/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.41/10 4.41/10
Voice your opinion! Review Amazon.com by clicking a star below.
2017-07-25

Charged for shipping and tax on Prime Eligible items

"I was on amazon.com buying some books they all said prime and were Prime Eligible items so I thought it was free shipping but i noticed i was charged both for shipping and tax when my state it was tax free in march 24 the last time i ordered from amazon but charged tax on july 20th i live in Maine a state that has a regular but not a online sales tax so not only was i charged shipping i was also charged tax that only applies in stores and other bussiness not online or mail order meaning amazon charged to my credit card over 25 dollars of false taxes and over 50 dollars in shipping charges i was able to call amazon and they fixed the shipping charge but not the taxes and my credit card company did not fix the taxes"

pointraiser's Avatar

Islamabad
2017-07-21

Didn't had a problem with them

"I shopped through amazon for parkour shoes a week ago.
The price was very low and it was a really good deal.
Product was delivered as expected.

2017-07-18

I ORDERD SAME DAY DELIVERY AND ITS GETTING HERE TOMMOROW

"It is terrible I hate amazon. It never works and always over charges me "

2017-07-18

slow shipping

"amazon seems to only be concern about getting bigger. I have not gotten an order on time for over a year now. The boxes show up looking like someone threw items a the box instead of packing it. The customer service is terrible, they can not tell you when your order will ship and will not let you cancel because we are preparing which take a week. "

2017-07-17

Price Comparison

"Trust me, I order a bunch on Amazon for convenience. Just priced checked an item I wanted and it was $10.46 for a 14oz jar and you can buy it from your local Walmart or Payless for $3.78. Is Amazons shipping really free!!! I posted this on Amazon and my review was shut down as cannot be posted due to price comparisons. I have spent thousands over the years and they fear a price comparison. No one can post anything unless you buy the product. Let the buyer beware!

2017-07-16

Amzaon shipping is the worst

"I'm about ready to give up on Amazon and do all my shopping on Ebay..who wants Sunday delivery at midnight...like anyone is going to be awake at that hour to fetch a package...especially on a sunday...are you kidding me...still waiting and it's past my bedtime...not very happy!!!"

2017-07-14

Incompetent CS Agents

"An Amazon agent had me open a second account a few months ago to circumvent Amazon's 4-year limit on Amazon Prime Student. I think he was trying to cheat the system to help me out so he had me open another account with a different email and disabled my old account. This set up a cascade of errors regarding access for returns, Audible and hundreds of dollars worth of Kindle books. On top of that, i was apparently being charged for Prime on both accounts! Several phone calls over the last few months (and hours and hours of my life gone!) they are still trying to resolve the issue by cancelling the newer account the the agent had me set up. So, when this account is canceled, I lose any Kindle purchases made on it. I asked to be credited so that I could repurchase (luckily only made one on the newer "bogus" account) the book on my original account. Just got an email stating that refunds are usually only within 7 days of purchase but that they would make an exception. An exception!!!!! For their mistake!!!! I have not yet been offered any sort of compensation for this massive mistake on their part. Two accounts! Really Amazon???!!!!"

2017-07-07

Awful customer service

"Called customer service about an item I hadn't gotten yet and a wrong item. The wrong item was a cheaper version of my original item. They told me the only thing I could do was return it on exchange for the right item. Then the other item I had never received was told they would give me a credit but to make sure I did my research and looked at all the 3rd party companies reviews before ordering from one. Not to be ugly but that's amazon job to be checking on their 3rd party companies not mine. I am ordering through Amazon! Worst customer service ever! Will be canceling my Amazon prime. "

2017-07-05

Crappy delivery and customer service

"Once again, an item which was to be delivered in 2 days via Amazon prime has been delayed. One item I ordered didn't show for 2 weeks (diabetic test strips, slightly important). Wound up having to cancel the order. All I received was a bunch of useless apologies, no offer of immediate remediation. This time, I ordered via Amazon prime a birthday gift for my daughter, which should've arrived today. No delivery, and her birthday is tomorrow (6 July). Again, just a bunch of useless-**** apologies, and being told it *might* arrive by 9 July. All from someone this time out-sourced from South America. Dump this useless over-bloated retail giant. "

2017-07-05

Terrible experiences!

"I've only dealt with amazon a handful of times (maybe 5.) Every time that I have ordered something is has been at least two weeks late. On my last order that was supposed to be delivered by July 1st, it has still not been delivered. Amazon needs to do something about their lost shipments. After talking to a representative, he told me that my package was lost and he could only replace one of the two items. Terrible. Very upset with Amazon, they will no longer receive my business. "

2017-07-04

Very bad way to track the order

"After I placed the order, I took a screenshot of my receipt and on that, it just showed the receipt #, no order #. I don't remember which email I used for that order and their system kicked me out of my account after the order was placed.
I waited for 5 days even though the prime said 2 day shipping, no item delivered to my house, I called in and gave them the receipt #. They said the receipt # was no use to look up the order. Then why didn't they give out the order # instead of receipt # after I placed the order. They gave the receipt # and it could not be used to find orders or account or anything. This was a very stupid way to handle a business. A normal store still has a way to look up an order by a receipt while Amazon gave a receipt and no way to look for the order by a receipt. I had to wait until the order come to my house (not yet) and if not, I would lose my money without having an item shipped to my house even though they gave me a receipt for my order.

2017-06-24

Do NOT pre-order from Amazon!

"I pre-ordered a game (FFXIV SB) from Amazon and should have received my bonus codes from them via email. The codes never came and when I contacted customer service (about six times through email, chat, and phone) they told me to wait and they would send the codes. After waiting, asking, and waiting, the pre-order promotion timed out and they refused to send me my codes.
When I asked Amazon about this they refused to answer any questions and hung up on me. Again, do NOT buy from Amazon if your product/ game comes with promotion codes. Amazon is fine if everything happens without a hitch, but the moment something goes wrong they will not help you.

2017-06-21

Buying Experience

"Been buying from them for a while its not that bad it kinda ok, the only reservation we have is the order process and shipping after is delirous 2 day prime becomes 4 day as they dont ship as no inventory with no updates and then as we have business account they deliver here after 6pm and leave the items on our front door its very dumb to do that as the items have been over $500 and over in many instances. Need to get this addressed"

2017-06-20

Disappointed Loyal Customer

"So many reviewers here are so correct. I would love to respond individually, but this app doesn't allow for that. I've been with Amazon for well over a decade and the customer service is now next to non-existent. Bezos IMHO is way too focused on new acquisitions and drone delivery. Basic shipping & delivery has gotten out-of-hand horrible with no recourse when they make a mistake. They 'planted' a package in my garden, for example, where everyone could see it from the road or from my walkway, but not from my front porch. They also just mis-delivered someone else's package to my door (that had my address pasted over theirs. Why? Who knows.). I just want to help them out and let them know. But since I have no order number, I can't reach anyone! And, yes, when finally someone responded to my email (and it took me forever to figure out how to get a message to them), they called from overseas and didn't understand anything i was saying. They assumed I'd been sent a gift from someone else - after talking with them for over 15 minutes. Now, how much more of MY time should I continue to waste trying to help them out!! ?? Methinks no more... I'm done."

2017-06-19

One bad purchase changes everything

"I have been using Amazon for years and have been a loyal customer. All that changed this week. I left my laptop charger at a hotel and when I got home and realized it I immediately ordered a new one from Amazon with 1 day shipping. Once it arrived, I plugged it into my laptop and immediately the laptop began smoking and died. I quickly unplugged it but the damage was done. The charger blew up my laptop. Long story short, repair shop said too much damage, have to replace. Upon testing the charger from Amazon, it revealed why all the damage. The polarity was reversed of what it was supposed to be even though the polarity diagram on the charger was correct. The charger had been manufactured incorrectly and my $1000 laptop paid the price. Now all my work, all my data may be lost.

The worst part? AMAZON DOES NOT STAY BEHIND THE PRODUCTS IT SELLS. That's right. You buy a clearly defective product and it burns up your laptop... not their problem. They told me to talk to the manufacturer.

Sorry, but that's not how it works. If I sell a product, I have a responsibility to make sure it doesn't burn someone's house down... not pass the buck.

We'll see if the court system agrees with me that Amazon should be held accountable for the products they sell. If they do, this will cost them a lot more than replacing my laptop. :(

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!