Stores > Ashley's Furniture

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.17/10 0.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.04/10 1.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
Voice your opinion! Review Ashley's Furniture by clicking a star below.
2017-09-21

Horrible customer service once they have their money

"week
We purchased a day bed from Ashley Furniture Dubuque. When we were called to come pick it up it was not all there so we had to make a second trip to pick the rest of it. Within 2 hours of of picking it up we noticed one of the bed posts had a bolt insert missing. The hole was drilled in the bed post but the insert was not pressed into the post. We immediately called the store and we're told they couldn't do anything about it and gave us a phone number to call.. After several calls we were told we could drive to Clinton IA to pick one up. We convinced them to send the insert to us but it never did come. We made a few more calls with no results. We ended up driving 45 minutes one way again to Dubuque and ended up paying $13 for parts at Lowe's so we could use the bed. They are nice to you until they get their money. Once you are out the door you are on your own. We will not be stopping at Ashley next time we need furniture

2017-09-04

Labor Day Sales Scam! Website says items are in stock but they're not!

"I ordered a love seat and sofa 4 DAYS ago and the site said both pieces were IN STOCK and would be delivered today. Today, only one piece arrived and no one can tell me when the second piece will be available. All they can say is that it's out of stock. Had the website given me true info that one of the pieces was out of stock, I would have kept shopping and found a store that had my full order. Now I have an incomplete set that looks ridiculous and I have to take a day from work whenever it does become available. If and when are complete unknowns which is outrageous.
They tell you the pieces are available during their Labor Day sale and then do a bait and switch when you're expecting the delivery. They sold me something that never intended to deliver on time!
THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS TYPE OF SALES TRICK.

2017-08-21

false coverage

"Ashley sold us an insurance with false coverage. Ashley told us they will not covered for furniture and insurance wont covered for damages. Please do not buy anything here. Low quality of furniture and incompetent employees. All is false information to make you spend more money."

2017-08-19

Ashley Furniture Is Incompetent.

"I should have read the reviews. So I am looking for a bedroom, Most important the chest of drawers was mostly what I need and I saw how they have financial assistance if you qualify for 32 months. That is what got my attention. So the Sales Representative David, showed me around, told me my options. I decided to bring someone for their opinion in return David gave me his card With 50 dollars off if i come back to him. So when I went back I and Looked for David. I decided on a Bedroom, a "14 Piece bedroom." In David words " Everything that is in the picture is included." Perfect ! I'll take it, The price was okay. He did not take off the 50 dollars that he promised, Plus when everything arrived the chest of drawers was not there nor another night stand, I called and they told me it was not included in the package and I would have to pay extra for it, quoted me 200 dollars for the chest of drawers + 100 and something dollars for the night stand. The whole experience caused me stress, Ashley furniture ****, the service is terrible, they did not compensate for the employees mistake because the employee was new. All I wanted was a bedroom with I asked. Now I'm stuck paying 1300 for a bed, frame, dresser with a mirror, ONE night stand, and 2 lamps, The "14 bedroom piece" . I regret shopping here, Should've went to IKEA! I should have gotten free shipping but nope paid for that too!! If my grammar is not correct, it is mostly because I am typing this upset. "

2017-07-22

The worst shopping and customer service experience ever!!!

"Shopping was easy until we paid. After that the horror started. Delivered leather couch was sticky, uncomfortable, and one side of the recliners didn't work properly. No tags attached to the couch. It looked like used couch already. Called customer service on the same day. It was long process to get someone on the phone. When we finally did, they wouldn't replace the couch but send a technician to fix it 4 times. New couch, really? Yes. This guy wasn't pleasant either. First he comes to see what is wrong. Order parts. Then comes to fix it. It isn't working out. Comes again. Order parts. Comes again to fix it. Leaving horrible mess behind. Everything is worse before the repair. During the process you are not allowed to help him or even be around. Suspicious.
After battle taking about 3 months, they finally send us a new couch. This one had tags on the side, and only one big scratch on the side. We can live with that. We still had to add padding to both sides to make it even, so if you sit on the couch you don't sink in. Overall, will never shop there again. We warn all our family members, friends, even enemies to not shop there. This is the worst furniture store in the world.

2017-07-17

Horrible customer service!!

"MY dad is dying of stage 4 lung cancer, both of his recliners are broken at home so I wanted to buy him a new one so that he would be comfortable. I live in FL. and he lives in CT. Recently I went into my local store to look around and pick one out to be delivered by the Newington CT store. I was literally weeping while Blaine in my FL. store helped me. He went above and beyond and there was nothing he could really do for me. He even offered to match the 20% off friends and family discount for me. Not the same while on the phone with "Derrick" at the Newington store.... He could basically careless.

I end up ordering a "BRAND NEW" Ludden power chair for my dad (with Derrick) and specifically tell him I need it delivered as soon possible. I was told it would Tuesday July 18th! I paid full price $398 PLUS delivery of $70 to have a NEW chair delivered.

I get a call that they will be delivering the chair on Thursday or Friday! WHAT!!!! 1 week later.. NOPE then I get a text with a confirmation and it says that they are delivering my dad a "FLOOR MODEL" "SOLD AS IS" WHAT!!!! I dont think so!!! I called to talk with the store manager "SAMI" he was rude, disrespectful and heartless!!! First he said he would take $30 off of chair,HA! then he said $40.... then he finally went up to $50. That doesnt even equal the 20% off I was offered in FLORIDA! I have submitted a complaint to corporate!!!

2017-07-14

Poor quality

"2 years ago we bought a couch and 2 recliners. Already replacing them because they are falling apart. We are a retired couple with very little company.. the "wood" trim on the couch was really plastic molding and the color started to fall off within weeks. The chairs were "leather" but in reality we're bonded leather and both are worn at the seams from very little use. Never again go to Ashley furniture!"

2017-07-13

Horrible delivery wait

"Things started off great in the store but once I paid my money things quickly dropped way off. It's been 3 months and 3 days and I'm still waiting on my kitchen table. Even had an argument when my couch was delivered with the rep who called to tell me the date had been changed on it too. I doubt I'll ever buy from Ashley furniture again. "

2017-06-30

I'm served with absolutely disappointing customer service.

"I'm served with absolutely disappointing customer service. I bought many items from Ashely before but last time when I bought a few items, they delivered some item with lots of manufacturing defect that prevent the usage. Its not a visually identifiable defect. When I reach out them, they are arranged servicing company who never shows up for the appointment. Even after many phone calls, after 4 months, they simply give useless promise of arranging same servicing company. Now I'm planing to go to the court"

2017-06-22

Had a problem and they honestly fixed it.

"Had a problem with a Durablend sectional but after talking to customer service, problem was quickly fixed.

2017-06-17

Ashleys is the WORSE!!!!

"Ashley's is the WORSE!!!! Their Customer Service is Unprofessional they don't care if you are happy with their products or NOT. The Sales Rep. will LIE to you to make a Sale. I order from Ashley in Tri-County Cinti, OHIO. I ordered 1 month early and when I called to confirm the order date they provided me with 2 different delivery dates when it was not what I requested....To top that off 1 of the pieces of Furniture was not what I ordered and the Leather Couch that match the other furniture that was delivered was Scratched on the side and the front. Like this was used Furniture. When I called to speak to a manager they would NOT come to the phone the sales Rep. was rude and told me to send it back in a nasty tone. When I went to the store to get this resolved nothing was done but they kept saying I am sorry we could reorder but wait 2 weeks or more to get the new order. Are YOU SERIOUS????? "

2017-06-17

Total Bait and Switch company

"I went to pickup a 3 Piece managers special living room set in Oxnard. The ad came out yesterday but the guy at the store tells me they sold the floor model a few days ago. WTH The sales goes on for three more weeks. He immediately tried to sell something I didn't want. I called other stores and got the same bull crap answer. If you get a flyer don't believe whats in it. Its bait and switch if I have ever seen it, its just to get you into the empty store. Shocked no one was in this store except workers, now I know why. "

2017-06-14

Please do not purchase furniture from this store!

"I bought a bed frame last weekend and tiday they came to deliver it. The delivery men said that the headboard could not be mobed to upstaired and was too big. He did not even attempt to move it. He said the sales person should have told us that the bed is not an standard khili ng bed, He left and tooke the bed and said that customer service would call me. I haven't heard anything back, so I called and asked them the customer service about returning the item. They told me that I either have to pay %25 restocking fee or select something else. I told their customer service manager that I did not find any other bed frames in the store that I liked and he said that I have to pay that restocking fee which will be $425! It is not fair thay I was not told about the non- stsndard size of the bed!"

2017-06-05

Horrible customer service

"Purchased a durablend leather sofa and loveseat about 2 years ago with a protection plan. It started cracking and peeling. I contacted the warranty company and they referred me to Ashley. They asked me to take photos of the damage and of the serial numbers which I did. 2 weeks went by and no one called or emailed back. I called them and was told because the serial number could not be verified (the serial number sticker was worn off because they put it under a cushion) they would not warrant the sofa but would give me credit for the love seat. I asked them if they were bought together, you have photos of them both and because the manufacturer (Ashley) placed the sticker where the number wore off it's my fault? They told me they won't help me. I'm cancelling my account and never shopping there again!!"

2017-05-19

sofa

"I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP AT WHAT APPEARS TO BE A DISASTER STORE.
Firstly, I received a defective sofa. As soon as the delivery men took it away I called customer service and was told they had the same extra 1 sofa in stock and that I should receive a call within 24 hours, so that the delivery time should be scheduled. 3 business days later and not one single call. So I decided to call and was told over the phone that there isn't extra sofa in stock and after checking again, that in fact there is but that one is also damaged. They told me they can order a new one and that I should receive it by May 31. Initial ordered day was May 6!!! Not only did I wait 7 days for the first delivery but now I have to wait another 2 and a half weeks.
At this point I'm disappointed to the point I no longer want the sofa nor do I want to have anything to do with these people. ***BUT*** They will not credit me the $1,250 I spent. The "best" the manager could do is CHARGE ME the person who got a defective sofa and was told new one will be delivered in 15 days, so total of 30 days since initial date of purchase. In order to get refund, I need to PAY THEM 10% for "restocking" fee. That is to pay THEM $134 for what???? In what world does the customer ever gets treated in this manner? HOW, HOW can a customer receive defective sofa, lied that there is one in stock and will be shipped within days only to find out that that is incorrect and now it will be delivered 2 and a half weeks later. I'm taking legal actions against them, I am filing small court claim... In meantime, I will spread the word to my friends my colleagues at work so that they never have to witness nor experience the WORST , WORST, customer service experience and poorest quantity of furniture. SHAME ON YOU, Ashley Furniture.

Share Ashley's Furniture's store rating

Ashley's Furniture is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Ashley's Furniture is not a merchant member
Ashley's Furniture does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!