Stores > Backcountry Edge

customerservice@backcountryedge.com
      800-617-0643

Product & services pricing Rating 8.21/10 8.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
Voice your opinion! Review Backcountry Edge by clicking a star below.
Coosa's Avatar

TN and MD
2013-04-02

"Very fast service. Ordered on the 27th and delivered on the 1st. Very happy with the selections available. AND I got a free platypus just for ordering. Will definitely purchase gear from Backcountry Edge again."

2012-12-19

"Backcountry Edge responded promptly when I called concerning a price discrepancy (see below). When I called back they new exactly whom I was and took my order over the phone to ensure I got the best deal. They where professional and very helpful.

Why I called
First time on the site, an item on sale was priced at 118.95. A flyer said that If I create an account I would get an additional 12% off my order. So I created an account and went back to purchase, when I notice that suddenly the same item was now 126.87, and after the code is applied it totaled at 111.65 (12% from original price should be ~104.)

The woman I spoke to not only helped me out but repeated the actions on her end to see what had happened.

I will definitely be back in the future (but I will check to see if the problem was fixed)

2012-08-27

"This is one of the MOST INCREDIBLE companies anybody can do business with. Their service is excellent.....never a hassle....always professional, friendly, prompt, and the prices of the merchandise well below what you'd normally pay from other vendors."

2012-06-22

"I had a great experience with backcountry edge's customer service; I ordered a backpack, decided I wanted a smaller one instead the next day, but the first had already shipped. Customer service actually called me in response to my e-mail to explain this and subsequently shipped the other pack as well. Returning the first was simple and painless with the prepaid label they give you. "

2012-05-13

"What's not to like about Backcountry Edge? Great products, free shipping for orders over $50, money-back guarantee and even a return shipping label included in the order, fast shipping and if that isn't enough, a 15-percent off coupon for your first order! Impressive!"

2011-10-05

"Great service! We ordered a new backpack and not only received a great price, but we got free shipping. The item arrived earlier than expected and in perfect condition. YAY!"

2011-10-04

"First time shopping with them and I was very impressed. The return policy was great since they paid for return shipping and included the paid UPS label with my original shipment, (and all necessary info) so easy! The customer service went above and beyond most companies support to make sure I got what I wanted and was happy. My only complaint was that the exchange shipment was delayed and I don't know why but luckily I wasn't in a rush anyway. Very recommended company!"

2011-09-07

"Wow! Talk about getting fantastic customer service. BCE is second to none when it comes to prompt FREE shipping, prompt FREE return shipping, knowledge of equipment, and most of all - their staff (ask for Taylor) is very friendly and willing to go the "extra mile" when it comes to delivering an excellent on-line or phone-in shopping experience. Their prices are also hard to beat - especially the Inside Edge discounts and special sales. They now have become my number one choice for all of my backpacking gear (sorry REI and LL Bean you're good but they're great). Whether it's sleeping bags, backpacks, tents or any outdoor gear check out Backcountry Edge first. You'll be glad you did!"

2011-07-29

"I thought customer service and the internet didn't go together. Shopping, pric, phone servic, quick response to a technical issue, and the return policy, I feel like I "know" somebody down at the local sporting goods store. Simply the best hiking gear shopping experience EVER local or internet. Awesome work, don't hire an executive CEO to screw it up."

2011-05-17

"Love this place. Recommended to me by a friend. Website is easy to use and the selection is fantastic. Ordered on a Thursday and had it Monday afternoon. Will definitely recommend them to anyone and look forward to ordering again."

2009-06-10

"An excellent seller. Another stumbled upon, and was lucky.

My order arrived today, so I can say shipping was fast, the product was what I hoped for, and ordering was damn easy. The tracking number was very useful, and they don't spam you with a lot of superfluous details.

The reason for picking this company was overall pricing.

Highly recommended.

2008-10-20

"WOW!!! What an excellent online experience. Ordered a large Kelty tent on Wednesday around noon and had it on Thursday afternoon with free shipping (I'm in NYC). They followed up after I placed my order and provided me with shipping information within hours. They seem to have an excellent return policy (free returns for 60 days), though thankfully I haven't had to take advantage of it. Seems like you're dealing with people who really know how to do business, and I'm duly impressed. By the way, they're a Microsoft CashBack merchant which makes the deal even better."

2008-06-02

"After searching for a roomy 4-man tent online for the majority of a Sunday, I settled for a tent offered by Backcountry Edge.com. I decided to place an order with them since they easily offered the best price for the one I wanted. Hastily I checked their shipping chart located on their site and was pushing it for the shipping to reach me in time for a trip I had planned. (Yea, stupid me for planning everything last minute). Either way, I had written a note to please expedite my shipping and requested it reach me by a certain date. I didn't feel it would reach me, but thought I would try for a miracle. What impressed me is Backcountry Edge contacted me to let me know it wouldn't reach me in time and I could still purchase expedited shipping (at a nice discount than normal) so my tent would reach me in time. You know, a lot of retailers would've just shipped your item and not cared, but it says a lot to me that they took the time to:
1.) Read my request in the first place. Most retailers ignore this.
2.) Took a moment out of their busy day to call me. This meant something to me since it alerted me that I would be going on a camptrip with no tent, (ugh!).
3.) Offered a discount on 2nd Day Air shipping. Wow! Now that's icing on the cake...

Word to the people who are wondering if they should buy from these people...

Rest assured, there is nothing but a positive shopping experience to be had from these people.

2008-04-20

"Awesome dealer, ordered a backpack at 11pm Tuesday, it was at my front door at 4pm Friday. Decent price, even better with 10% discount coupon I found on the net, free shipping and free return shipping should I need it. Paid $144 for a Kelty Red Cloud 6650 that REI and Sports Authority wanted $200 for. Would definitely order from backcountryedge again."

2007-07-14

"Unbelivable service. I order at 4:51p Eastern on Friday and have it before Noon on Saturday using their free ground shipping. I love this place and will make them the place I order all my outdoor gear from."

Share Backcountry Edge's store rating

Backcountry Edge is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Backcountry Edge is not a merchant member
Backcountry Edge does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!