Stores > Barnes and Noble

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
Voice your opinion! Review Barnes and Noble by clicking a star below.
2017-06-19

Ordering Online

"The stores are very nice, but do not order from their website. It's far more trouble than it's worth. In my experience if you receive something damaged and send it back, good job. They just got your book AND your money. Was lied to multiple times by their staff about a refund, saying they refunded me. 3-4 days later I go and check, nothing. (take note I used a gift card. this supposedly should process in 24 hours) And then the next person comes back and says there was never a refund issued. This little pattern has happened twice in a row. If Barnes And Noble sees this, if they fix the issue, I will update this review. Otherwise, my recommendation is that you don't do business with them. Their customer service is a joke and will lie to you just to get you off the phone or chat room. Oh by the way, I record any call I make for quality assurance purposes as well! How about that. If this wasn't a gift card I would have just disputed the charge with my credit card holder instead. Don't believe this review and prefer to throw your money in the trash? Then go right ahead.

UPDATE: I received a replacement book in the mail. Still does not change the fact that I was lied to multiple times by Barnes And Noble staff. Simple communication from both Barnes & Noble and the marketplace seller could have avoided all this.

2017-06-14

Zero stars is not an option

"I am an Amazon customer. I need a book for class faster than what Amazon could get it to me. I found the book on Barnes & Noble and paid extra for expedited service. I waited for days and called customer service to inquire about a refund on the expidited service. A supervisor explained me that it was from the marketplace seller, and she would need to reach out to them. I was very clear that I still needed the book, and she said that the book should still arrive in a couple of days at the latest. I waited the prescribed time and called back to find out that the seller completely cancelled the order and intercepted the book. I should have read the numerous complaints lodged against B&N and should have stuck with Amazon. I've never had any problems with their customer service even when the mistake was my fault (I double ordered a book once: full refund). BUYER BEWARE!"

2017-06-08

Looking forward to this kids book!

"My nephew and avid cookie eater would love it the book I just ordered, "The Duckling Gets a Cookie!?" B&N has so many purchase options and prices."

2017-06-08

Barnes and Nobles is absolutely HORRIBLE

"First order made in 2015 book was not received on date expected. Attempted to give them another chance and rented a book again in 2017 for school that stated had the mathlabs even paid more to get the mathlabs. Received book without mathlabs and when I called customer service apparently even though I paid extra for the mathlabs they are not "Guaranteed" and to add insult to injury when returning their falsely advertised product I had to pay a $5 dollar restock fee for something that was not even my fault. Gave 1 star because I could not leave it blank or I would have preferred to have given 0."

2017-06-01

Starbucks

"I don't appreciate that your starbucks does not take the rewards cards. Just because it's owned by Barnes & Noble does not mean they can not take the card. I'd appreciate it if you guys do. "

2017-05-24

Arrived

"Finally arrived. I thought the day would never come after reading all these review"

2017-05-20

So disappointed!

"This was my 1st time ordering from BN and they sent me one wrong item. They told me over the phone that they're sorry, they will send a replacement and that I need to return their $9 item to a UPS store - which is a 30 minute drive each way!!! They have no option to return via USPS. I told them this beat the purpose of ordering online if I have to take 1 hour out of my day to return a $9 notebook. They told me to return it to a store instead or PAY FOR SHIPPING OUT MY POCKET. WHAT???? This company is out of their mind. In this day and age? Seriously? You mess up and I have to pay or waste my item returning an order you messed up?? I will NEVER buy from BN online again. So glad I didn't buy their membership!"

2017-04-21

So bad! Paid for express shipping via membership, not shipped express

"Barnes and Noble is AWFUL. I paid for a membership that includes express shipping and they shipped it via the slowest method possible. Customer service was extremely unhelpful. I spend a lot of money on books and the like, it will the LAST TIME I spend money at Barnes and Noble. "

2017-04-21

Not as good as their name!

"If you wanna buy from them, be ready to go through a lot of pain and hassle! If you wanna change something after buying, forget about it!"

2017-04-10

Shipping scam

"Ordered a book and paid extra for express shipping so should have received order in 2-6 business days. No problem except that was 2 weeks ago. Barnes and nobles response was "oh that's a marketplace item". Really that's it? No accountability? Of course market place sellers reason is ridiculous. They said "2-6 days after shipped" really? That is crazy. So I guess they need a new charge called get off your lazy ****. This to me is a scam because I am still getting standard shipping!! "

2017-04-08

Figley's Search for the Perfect Pet

"A must for any age, especially for young readers. A clever spin on a moral lesson. Creative characters with Anaxingky brilliant illustrations. Highly recommended for your personal collection or gift. "

2017-03-06

do not buy from them they are terrible company

"whatever you buy can't replace , online worse customer service ever !
buy from any other company not from branes and rubbers !!

2017-02-12

DO NOT Order from Barnes & Noble Marketplace

"I was charged for a book I ordered through the Barnes and Noble Marketplace and never received it. The 3rd party seller has not responded and it is very difficult to get any help from customer service."

2017-02-08

Worst customer service ever

"First, let me start by saying that I always order my textbooks from Amazon, and I have never had a problem with them. Good prices and fast shipping. However, I felt like I should support B&N because I enjoy going to the store and looking at books, so I decided to give it a try and order my textbook from B&N. With this said, I ordered a used textbook book on Jan. 25th that I desperately needed for a class so I paid for expedited shipping ( I was supposed to get it on Jan. 31st). Jan 31st I get an email saying that my order had been delayed. Finally, today (Feb. 8th) I get an email saying that they did not have the item in stock, TWO WEEKS AFTER I PLACED MY ORDER. I called them and they just told me there was nothing they could do, they did not even offer a discount so I could order the new textbook, which they had in stock. The just did not care at all. I guess order books from B&N only if you don't mind waiting two weeks for them to tell you that they don't have your book anymore. "

2017-01-13

Rental Services is Crap

"When I was renting books from their online rental system, I rented a book for 120 days, because I kept sending my books late and receiving fees. I managed to finish the book early and sent it back two months in advanced, but got an email stating that they want to extract the difference of the book, even though it was received in adequate condition and returned on time. Then I got a call from a debt collector, and I'm pretty sure that using their services has damaged my credit, despite of doing nothing wrong. When I tried to rent more books from them, they all refused for some reason. The only reason I can think why I can't rent a book anymore is because I have been falsely charged with my last book, and haven't paid the difference because I returned the book under their conditions. Their customer services aren't helpful via email. "

Share Barnes and Noble's store rating

Barnes and Noble is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Barnes and Noble is not a merchant member
Barnes and Noble does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!