Stores > Bettereyewear.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.32/10 6.32/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.11/10 6.11/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.92/10 5.92/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.98/10 6.98/10
Voice your opinion! Review Bettereyewear.com by clicking a star below.
2017-10-10

disappointed

"this company is terrible i ordered my glasses 1 week ago ive been trying to call them since i haven't received an email saying my glasses we shipped since they said 2-3 shipping , i have called 3 times everyday for the past 5 days and i haven't got anyone to pick up the phone. ive left voicemails asking for someone to please call me back and no one has called me. at this point if they dont call me back or if i dont receive my glasses in the next 3 days i will demand a refund, this is the worst online order ive ever placed . and their customer service **** since they cant even answer a phone or call back. "

2017-10-01

something you don't always Get

"I was skeptical purchasing eyeglasses online due to my high prescription, My mind was put at ease today when I received my new eyeglasses. They fit perfectly and the prescription were just right too. I will definitely purchase eyeglasses and sunglasses from Better eyewear.
Bettereyewear saved me a great deal of money. I first went to my practitioner's office and looked/tried on their frames and took photos of the frames I was interested in along with model numbers and price. The staff their encouraged me to do this since they too were interested in how their prices compared with online prices. Better eyewear prices definitely won out in the cost of frames. And, since I purchased a pair of eyeglasses just a few months ago from my practitioner's office, I could compare the cost of the lenses too.

Sam did a great job keeping me updated about my order. He even called me to discuss my order and when it would be shipping. Now this is something you don't always get online

2017-09-27

The Full of Hassle “No Hassle” Policy

"I made my purchase through BetterEyewear.com simply because of their Google reviews were over 86% positive and close to 5 stars. I should’ve dug a little deeper and found out the whole truth.

My issues really started when I first placed my order on a pair of Prada eye glasses. Despite the site saying that that my order would fulfilled and shipped within a week, after placing the order that was far from the truth. I passed up a couple of other more truthful dealers that specified that my pair of glasses would exactly take about 2 weeks to fulfill. The entire process ended up taking almost 2 ½ weeks with BetterEyewear despite their promise of the one-week fulfillment. Apparently, there was some excuse about having them shipped from the manufacturer in Italy. Either ways I was still excited to finally receive my order.

Then when I got my frames, I tried them on and realized they fit a little bit too tight for my head. Recalling their “No Hassle” return policy, I decided to call up BetterEyewear during their business hours regarding this issue. I was sent straight to voicemail. Fine. I left a detailed message and surprisingly it was completely ignored. I was hoping to get this handled in a timely manner since I had a week-long work trip ahead of me.

While I was on my work trip, I decided to give them a call again since my previous voicemail was ignored and not returned. Surprisingly, a rep by the name of Tiffany picked up my call. I inquired about returning these glasses that did not fit, and since it’s a “No Hassle” policy I was assuming my return shipping would be covered, and that I would get a free refund. Nope. There is a 10% re-stocking fee, and I would have to cover my own shipping. I must have been too accustomed to do doing business on Amazon and forgot how archaic certain merchants can be.

Since my back is up against the wall, I pretty much had no option but to go back on the site and pick another pair of frames to avoid the 10% re-stocking fee and still cover my own return shipping. This was the only option for me to avoid investing even more money into a pair of glasses through this awful company. I get the RMA form in my email and since I was on a business trip, I figure I would get home and be even more selective on my fit and pick another pair.

A week goes by, I get home and the first thing I do is spend 30 minutes to an hour picking out a pair of frames that would most likely be a better fit. I fill out the entire form, then way at the bottom of the form in tiny print is a policy stating that RMA returns or exchanges must be shipped within 5 days since the RMA was issued. I was late by a day! Here we go again…
So, I spent 3 days of emailing, and calling just to get this very simple question on the RMA form cleared up. I have yet to hear back from this company. I decided to check the sources of these “positive” reviews from Google and it turns out that most of their reviews were published through this site called ShopperApproved.com. If you dig a little deeper, these all flawless 5-star reviews were only generated days apart. I doubt ShopperApproved is even credible or has reviewers. So, I guess I got duped this entire time.

I am pretty much stuck with a product that I can’t return, or use. Still debating on what the next course of action I need to take to resolve this. I truly regret doing business with this company.

2017-09-25

They never have the frames in stock

"I have purchased from bettereyewear.com several times and each time the frames I ordered are on back order but yet my card was charged within minutes of placing the order. I have sent them several emails and each time I am told that the frames are still in the lab or there was a problem with my prescription or the frames are on back order for 2 - 3 weeks. If the item is on back order then place that information on your website so people can decide whether or not to place the order."

2017-09-13

Terrible Experience

"This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Weeks ago I ordered two pair of eyeglass frames. When the package arrived, they had sent only one pair, with no explanation. Since then they have made 3 specific promises to deliver the other pair, and they never came through. Tomorrow I will contest the charge with my credit card company. Thank goodness I have all of their lies in emails to prove it. "

2017-09-13

Bettereyewear it is

"I received my frames a week ago and wanted to make sure I'd had time to evaluate them before I gave a rating. I have to say I love them. I ordered them to replace a pair I had recently got through my optician. The pair I received from bettereyewear fit perfectly . The lenses are perfect. I got transistions and they darken and lighten fairly quickly. sam was amazing to work with. I changed my mind and wanted to upgrade the lenses and he got it done no problems! Would recommend better eyewer to evryone!"

2017-09-08

Fast shipping

"Got my new ray bans 3 days after order was placed, fast shipping and good service over all,"

2017-09-07

So far so good

"Eyeglasses took 11 total days to arrive, which wasn't a problem. So far, the Rx seems accurate. I emailed them twice and they responded within a few hours. No complaints. "

2017-08-28

Fast shipping

"Got my frames on time,fast shipping!!
Thanks

2017-08-24

Love them

"I returned my frames because they weren't dark enough. I got them back and I love them. i was up to date what stage we were at. I have got so many compliments on them already."

2017-08-22

The return was smooth

"After I got my glasses I didn't like them on me, so I called the customer service to return and left a voice mail, they contacted me after 30 minutes and the lady was so nice.

2017-08-21

Customer service was phenomenal

"Customer Service was phenomenal and got my sunglasses in 4 days
Thanks Jessica for everything

2017-08-17

was looking for a good sunglasses store

"I was looking for a good sunglasses store and found better eyewear . I purchased 2 different styles at a great price. Delivery was Fast.Thank You"

2017-08-12

Firs time user

"First time using this company, fast shipping and great customer service"

2017-08-10

Terrible Business

"My frames broke so i was searching around trying to find new ones. I found this lovely little website with my exact frames on them so i went ahead and ordered them late Monday and paid for next day air, it didn't come in the next day which is to be expected because it was after business hours, then Wednesday comes along, still no package, again i gave them a little slack because it did say 1-2 days, finally Thursday comes and i give them a call "oh these glasses on a 2 WEEK back order!" they didn't send me any sort of email nor did they have anything on their website stating the frames were not in stock. They really run a **** poor operation there."

Share Bettereyewear.com's store rating

Bettereyewear.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bettereyewear.com is not a merchant member
Bettereyewear.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!