Stores > Booking.com (a Priceline copmany)
  • Booking.com (a

Voice your opinion! Review Booking.com (a Priceline copmany) by clicking a star below.
2017-06-10

Booking.com Fake Bookings! Fake Reviews!

"I made two booking reservations at the same hotel called 'Hotel Terminal' in Milan near the central station for a weekend and the following weekend.
The first weekend I stayed there was not the best experience, as it was pretty bad! It did not compare anything at all to what was on booking.com, therefore I gave them a bad review.
Unfortunately, we could not change our reservation for the following weekend as it would have cost me quite a lot to do so, so I had to come back to the same hotel.
Once I arrived at 3PM hotel, they requested full pay of my stay and they made me aware, in a hostile manner, that they had received my feedback for my previous stay. At 5PM that same day I receive an email from booking.com that my reservation was canceled, although I was already staying at the hotel and I had already paid in full.
I called booking.com to understand why that had happened and they said that they received a cancellation update from the hotel. I told them that was not true and that I could provide them with a copy of my receipt to prove otherwise. They said that it will be fine and as soon as they get my receipt they will reinstate my booking on the website, which in turn will allow me to leave feedback on my second stay.
A week later nothing happened, so I call booking.com back and ask them why my reservation is yet not showing on the system and they then informed me that there was nothing they can do about it.
I was really upset that they had cheated me on the right to give my own feedback, as booking.com is always promoting "real hotel, real guest". That is a lie! I was a real guest and yet I was not allowed to share my experience because it was not what they wanted.

2017-05-03

never again

"I was going to participate in a conference in May, 12 and I made the hotel reservation using booking.com March, 18. May,1 (after 1.5 months) I was informed that the reservation would be cancelled and booking.com cancelled it May,3 (9 days before my trip!). They offered me the compensation ca. 100USD, but to book the hotel in the same district and the same standard I have to pay now ca. 400USD more. I have to add that I used to make reservation by booking.com many times and my status is a quite high in this service, but booking.com disdains its valuable clients and it said “it is not our problem”. I encourage you not to use this service!!!"

2017-03-24

DO NOT USE BOOKING.COM

"They charged me $26.00 for booking and were suppose to refu
nd it and havent. They also do not give refunds if you have to cancel even if you did not stay at hotel. They are taking advantage of people. DO NOT USE BOOKING.COM!!!

2017-02-06

Warning : fraud through Booking.com

"Hi,
Do not book through Booking.com to Laos.
We recently booked a room at Mekong Moon Inn Hotel in Luang Prabang. We unfortunately had to cancel. Booking.com sent is a cancellation confirmation saying we would only be charged the first night.
We then discovered we had been charged the entire trip.
Here starts the pain : we called Booking.com who basically told us they cannot do anything !!! They have no way to have hotels there respect their commercial terms.
Of course the hotel refuses to refund us and say they do not care about Booking.com conditions.
For you to choose what to do, but I wished I had read such review before making my reservation.

2016-11-22

Booking.com is helpless in taking action against Fraudsters

"on Booking.com I booked at Dea's guest house , Baga beach , Goa , it was stated that its a 2 BHK apartment, but when we reached goa , Dea's guest house representative gave us another address to our driver from airport and said they don't consider booking.com bookings ! it was a rude shock for us, and said there are no rooms available and the only room available is on a 4th floor with no working escalator, 1 BHK for 9 ppl, and a filthy apartment with no water, not cleaned, leaking fridge, spoiled beds and they also took Rs.16K in advance for this ! they also didn't give any receipt against the payment , when we reported this to booking.com they said they need the receipt as proof, which obviously the Dea's guest house owners knew , and they blatantly committed this fraud ! please don't book on booking.com , they are just a middle men platform they don't care about customer experience, they just want to mint money and easily wash off their hands incase of disputes ! "

2015-11-07

"„Minus: Unzulässig: Anbieter will nur für unmittelbare Schäden bis zur Höhe des Buchungsbetrags haften und schließt weitere Haftung aus; Falsch: Es soll niederländisches Recht gelten; Unzulässig: AGB auf Deutsch nur unverbindlich - im Zweifel sollen englische AGB gelten; Unwirksam: Mit Zugriff auf die Internetseite soll man AGB gelesen und akzeptiert haben.“

2015-10-15

"I booked a hotel on booking.com and when I showed up the hotel they said they didn't have any rooms. They said my card wouldn't be charged. When I got back home to the USA, my bank account had been charged. I called booking.com and they said that they could not give me my money back. Even though I had a time stamped photo to prove I was there, they said it wasn't proof. DO NOT USE booking.com UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO NOT HAVE THEM PROTECT YOU IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS!!! I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!"

2015-09-18

"I had a booking in Booking.com for 7 nights at hotel Residence De Bruxelles in France, I then canceled this booking in June a month later before the cancellation deadline. The hotel policy states that no deposit will be charged.
But I was charged 61 Euro fee right after booking by a shop named Le Victoria, at that time I thought that my credit card information was stolen and that the transaction was fraudulent had no transaction with Le Victoria, so I refused this transaction and asked the bank to give me more information. A month later I got to know that it was a payment to the hotel Residence De Bruxelles.
I then contacted Booking.com for their clarification of that payment and asked for the refund, what I got from Booking.com is that they were checking and have been contacting the hotel since July, but they have ignored me and my wish for clarification of the purpose of this payment. Booking.com even emailed that the refund had been made by September 1st but until now (it has been over 3 months since my cancellation) I still have not received my refund. The hotel Residence De Bruxelles was wrong when they charged the repayment and the Booking.com ignored that.
I learned from this issue that Booking.com does not have a good validation of hotels under their website and that they have no authority over the hotels listed for such issues. I am completely dissatisfied with Booking.com and I don’t currently plan on using their services any more. As far as I’m concerned they were the one disappointment to an awesome vacation.

2015-05-05

"I was searching for a hotel for a malibu wedding that we were attending. This was 4 months in advance and all the hotels: Westlake Village, Sheraton and Hampotn Inn had free cancellation with in 72 hours before check in date until I saw a charge for the full amount $196. In the email at the way bottom said cancellation cost $175 Until June, I thought this was to be refund if cancelled because otherwise wouldnt the cancellation cost be the full amount $196?. Now I'm thinking ok I must have missed somewhere that to cancel it will cost me the extra $21. I guess that wasn't too bad. Why would I reserve/hold 3 different hotels if I've already paid for one? I was able to cancel the other two with no cost and still thinking I was at least able to get my $175 back for the one hotel I was charged for. I ended up cancelling because I was no longer going to the wedding. I cancelled a month after booking and I never got any refund back, so I had to dispute this with my credit card which was easy and they had no problem refunding me. Don't book through here, it is tricky. Just book through the hotels website, its the same price anyway."

2015-02-16

"Do not use this service. I was stranded at the Atlanta airport. No hotel rooms in the vicinity available. I consulted booking.com and they confirmed a reservation at a sketchy motel 20 miles from the airport. I rented a car, drove to the motel, and they had no knowledge of my "confirmed reservation" and NO ROOMS AVAILABLE. "

2015-01-09

"To all my military people and friends do not use www.booking.com They are frauds. They charged me for twice for rooms they overbooked. They relocated me and refuse to give me my money back. Do not use this website.

2014-12-20

"I made a reservation at Hotel Cervantino using booking.com. When I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist had my reservation but claimed there was no record of my payment. The hotel also claimed that their credit card machine was not working. They required that I pay in cash. Since I had just arrived in Mexico, I did not have enough pesos with me. They sent me out on foot to find an atm machine. Once I paid for the room in cash and got to my room, I found the hotel had already charged my debit card. When I reported the problem to booking.com, they required my bank statement and copies of my receipts from the hotel before they would even make a call to the hotel to resolve the issue.This level of customer service is unacceptable. I will never use booking.com again."

2014-12-14

"Dear Hotels around the world.

I am the owner of the hotel who need to express my feeling after using booking.com service by selling rooms onlines

Booking.com has a VERY RUDE SERVICE from Elegant Staff ESP.Customer Service.staff and Credit Control staff.

Why ? : they NEVER prove the situation although we have an evidence.

ex. Mr.A did NOT check in but they judged Mr.A checked in because Mr.A said he checked in. So we ask more information about check in time, room number, check out time and receipt. They reject to give more information and ask for commission although we have evidences which can prove. I think this is called " CHEATING ".

I feel like the elegant staff who trained from Huge Company like Booking.com NEVER care the hotel. Because they always think they are big.

I will tell you this is a high profile company but give LOW services, LOW investigations LOW hotel partner protection by LOW people they trained elegantly for service industry.

Booking.com also has a Problem with Review Investigation.

They never know the truth but Liar can write a misleading message on the hotel page without the best investigation from them ( Booking.com ). I mean the best responsibilities and compensations ???

Anyways I think, Many thousands agent sites which ALWAYS READY TO WELCOME HOTELS as below CAN SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS IN THE BETTER WAY and this is not gonna be the problems for hotel marketing if hotels will not care Booking.com same as they did not care to hotels.

Some of Distributions Channels :

Asiarooms
AsiaTravel
Atrapalo
AustraliaBedBank
Australian Accommodation Data Exchange (AADX)
Bali Hotel Guide
Venere
Viajes Olympia
VIP Backpackers
Weekendesk - Coming Soon
Welcome to West Cornwall Centre (Penzance TIC)
Whistler.com
WorldBlue
Worldview
Wotif
YukTravel
zanadu

and More +++

I hope Booking.com solve these problems in an effective ways !

Why ? : Because Booking.com works with hotels not slave partners.

2014-12-11

"I booked a Hotel for December 29 in Cancun. The hotel was Condominium Cancun. One day after the booking confirmation I received an email from Booking.com saying the hotel was overbooked and that they would arrange another accommodation for me in the next 24 hours with same or higher quality.

4 days later, they suggested me 2 lower quality accommodations far away from my original destination. It was like choosing a hotel in Manhattan and they provided me something in New Jersey….

Up until now I am still waiting for a definitive solution from booking.com. This situation confirmed that they have a weak booking policy and they work with bad hotels.

2014-12-11

"Do not book with this company
The booked a property for us and took our credit card details
With no warning about 1 month later they cancelled the booking
This was a holiday period which meant that we could not get another property

Share Booking.com (a Priceline copmany)'s store rating

Booking.com (a Priceline copmany) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Booking.com (a Priceline copmany) is not a merchant member
Booking.com (a Priceline copmany) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!