Stores > BlueTone

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review BlueTone by clicking a star below.
2017-08-26

Very bad customer service experience

"I signed up due to the monthly fixed amount of 10$ with no hidden fees. I asked anout fees before signing up and was confirmed there are none.
I had none for the first 2 months then they added the transporter surcharge that was around 2$, but varying monthly.
When I called to ask, lots of good explanations were provided.

Then earlier this year I got another fee called referral fee of 3$ without our approval. When we called they said that it was added for our benefit, but if we don't want to enroll in the referral program they can waive it.
So the policy is we will charge you first and then you call to dispute - unacceptable. I decided to cancel the account. Done in the middle of the billin period. I was told we will be billed for the time we consumed the service that last month.
The invoice comes with a full month charge - not prorated.
I emailed with a complain they answered that it is stated in the Customer agrement on the web that after 10 days a full month will be charged. I could not find this in the Customer agreement, so I asked them to show where I agreed to this.
Then they said a rep will call me. They called a couple of times, but my work did not allow me to pickup. I called them twice and I reached the 1st level of customer service and each time they had to transfer me to the next level but they dropped the call.
Long story short - it is not about the money, it is a matter of principle and a very bad customer service experience.

DO NOT RECOMEND BLUETONE !

Rep reply posted Aug-29-2017

A rep from BlueTone, BlueTone Telecom, has responded

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that we offer cheap rates and plans to call internationally however we cannot remove or avoid the state, federal and carrier charges while providing our services. Please note that the Carrier Charge is a fee that is paid by the customer to our carrier based on the contract that we have with them. This charge is being imposed to recover amounts for regulatory costs, for telecommunications services for the speech and hearing-impaired, local number portability, governmental mandates, and North American Numbering Plan administration. This amount is a certain percentage of your Account Usage (cost of the calls not including taxes). Please note that the Referral Plus fee was part of the new promotion that was launched in June 2017 and it's not mandatory for the customer to pay it, therefore we have already applied the credit to your account for this fee per your request. For more information regarding the promotion and further assistance, please contact Customer Service 617.752.9151: (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!

2017-07-07

They'll promise you everything and will behave initially, but at the end will find a way to screw you ...

"Absolutely dishonest. A lot of misleading information on the website, operational charges, transporter surcharges, increasing your rates more than twofold with an alleged warning hidden somewhere in the small print in the back of your bill ...
When I called to cancel, they picked up in few minutes, but after hearing that I want to cancel, they transferred you to the "cancellation department" where I was kept on hold for half an hour. Obviously, it's a very busy department ...

Rep reply posted Jul-12-2017

A rep from BlueTone, BlueTone Telecom, has responded

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that we offer cheap rates to call internationally however we cannot remove or avoid the state, federal and carrier charges while providing our services. Please note that the Carrier Charge is a fee that is paid by the customer to our carrier based on the contract that we have with them. This charge is being imposed to recover amounts for regulatory costs, for telecommunications services for the speech and hearing-impaired, local number portability, governmental mandates, and North American Numbering Plan administration. This amount is a certain percentage of your Account Usage (cost of the calls not including taxes). Please let us know if you had experienced any other issues regarding our service and feel free to to e-mail us at customer.care@btone.us with any suggestions. For any other inquiries, please contact Customer Service 617.752.9151 : (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!

2017-06-19

BT

"I was told that there is no other fees : you only pay what you use. Until I got bill : $ 10 initial fee and $2 bill process fees.....
I asked twice before signed up if there is no hidden fees...

Rep reply posted Jun-20-2017

A rep from BlueTone, BlueTone Telecom, has responded

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that one of our customer service representatives attempted to reach you in order to assist you with the billing issue, unfortunately we were unable to reach you. Please note that the $10.00 Launch Fee is part of the new promotion that was launched in June 2017 and it's not mandatory for the customer to pay it. Please note that if you have already paid the fee and you didn't want to enroll in the promotion we will issue a refund on your account. For more information regarding the promotion and further assistance, please contact Customer Service 617.752.9151: (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!

2017-06-18

Mr.

"They're liars!! Don't believe them!"

Rep reply posted Jun-19-2017

A rep from BlueTone, BlueTone Telecom, has responded

“We deeply regret any inconvenience we might have caused you. We are more than willing to address any issues that you might have through email or you can provide us with a contact number and a best time to contact you and one of our customer service representatives will give you a call back. For further assistance, please contact Customer Service 617.752.9151 : (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!

2017-06-10

Easy to call

"Easy to use and get access "

Rep reply posted Jun-12-2017

A rep from BlueTone, BlueTone Telecom, has responded

“Thanks so much for your comments! We are happy to hear that you are pleased with our services. Feel free to e-mail us at customer.care@btone.us with any suggestions. Customer satisfaction is our priority.

2017-05-19

Great Company

"Easy online bill pay and any other communications. Not too many fees. "

Rep reply posted May-21-2017

2017-05-19

Comparing to Tel3

"I am currently using Tel3 advantage, I decided to try Blue Tone because I want more reliable calls that won't drop.
Blue Tone and Tel3 Advantage has the same call quality. But Tel3 has a cheaper call rate per minute to Syria.

Thanks,

Rep reply posted May-21-2017

2017-05-04

New user

"Very pleased with customer service and the prices. I wish I got it sooner. "

Rep reply posted May-05-2017

2017-04-21

BlueTone Experience

"Recently joined BlueTone and I have been very satisfied with the service "

Rep reply posted Apr-24-2017

2017-03-28

I am.very happy with Blue Tone phone service.

"I get connections fast without delay. Billing and payments are easy. Cost is reasonable."

Rep reply posted Mar-28-2017

2017-03-23

Blue Tone is excellent

"Overall very good even great. Sometimes, it takes 4-5 times to get connected with the access phone number. "

Rep reply posted Mar-24-2017

2017-03-18

"Great features, excellent service both technical and customer, great prices, "

Rep reply posted Mar-20-2017

2017-03-17

"after dial the phone s number must wait long time, so cannot be sure connection is ok or not . several times I disconnected and use other company lines"

Rep reply posted Mar-20-2017

A rep from BlueTone, BlueTone Telecom, has responded

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that in order for us to troubleshoot what is causing your connection issues we will need the destination phone number you were trying to reach as well the date and time of your call. Once that information is submitted a trouble ticket will be opened to fix the matter. For further assistance, please contact Customer Service 617.752.9151: (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!

2017-03-03

Not proffesional service

"Hidden fees. Undiscussed actions towards your account. Would not recommend as your long distance provider. Surprised to see this company operating in canada. "

Rep reply posted Mar-06-2017

A rep from BlueTone, BlueTone Telecom, has responded

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that state, federal and carrier charges which are mandatory taxes are applied on top of the regular rates. The Carrier Charge is a fee that is paid by the customer to our carrier based on the contract that we have with them. This charge is being imposed to recover amounts for regulatory costs, for telecommunications services for the speech and hearing-impaired, local number portability, governmental mandates, and North American Numbering Plan administration. This amount is a certain percentage of your Account Usage (cost of the calls not including taxes). Please note that there are no other hidden fees on top of your account usage. For any inquiries, please contact Customer Service 866.730.6959 : (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!

2017-03-02

"it is to early for me to submit a review since we just join the company. "

Rep reply posted Mar-03-2017

A rep from BlueTone, BlueTone Telecom, has responded

“Thanks so much for your comments! Feel free to e-mail us at customer.care@btone.us with any suggestions. Customer satisfaction is our priority.

Share BlueTone's store rating

BlueTone is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BlueTone is a merchant member
BlueTone participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,432 merchant members.