Stores > Carrentals.com
  • Carrentals.com

Voice your opinion! Review Carrentals.com by clicking a star below.
2017-08-21

Terrible had no cars at the Hertz they confirmed with me for a 1 way trip to the airport

"Confirmed and reminded by carrentals.com that there would be a car from Ft. Pierce Fla. to West Palm Airport 1 way drop off on 8/15. Went to get the car and there was none available for the day. The stress of trying to find a ride and making the flight was unbelievable. We paid over $150.00 for a cab when carrentals.com had me confirmed at $60. They should reimburse us every penny for the inconvenience and double that we paid it was a nightmare."

2017-08-12

Absolutely the worst

"I hve never had such a bad experience renting a car paid for an acadia was offered a mr. bean car. Had to pay an extra 150 to get an escape in the end what a joke I want my money back but no customer service phone number"

2017-07-27

Theives!!!

"Never use this company ,i got their "full insurance" had a small acident,they make it so you caint claim or contact them,just keep sending you auto responses,got charged €1000 from the actaual car company, carrentals.com are 3rd party douche bags,theiving ****"

2017-07-24

Never again

"I couldnt get the car I booked because of credit card name mismatch,they showed 0 flexibilty as I accepted the terms of conditions..they dont provide any refund from the rental cost though they can rent the car as i was not allowed to get it. dont choose this company rather pay a bit more. I am very dissatisfied!"

2017-07-07

charged twice for one car

"They charged me two different amounts for one car. Also charged me two different international transaction fees. I'm not traveling out of the country. I wish I had read everyone else's experiences it would have saved me from loosing almost $800. From what I see I most likely won't get it back. "

2017-06-25

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!! IT'S A SCAM!!!

"Rented a car for a 2-week vacation in Budapest 4 months ahead of time. It was a "PAY NOW" special, so I pre-paid $526 for the reservation. When I got to the place, (Schiller Rent-a Car) they informed me they had NO pre-pay type of contract with this broker. They asked for a $1,800 deposit placed on my account and provided me with a car. They also said they would look into the "pre-payment" situation. When I returned the car, I had to pay 449 Euros, which is about $500. So I paid twice for the same rental. They said I needed to contact Carrentals.com for a refund. As mentioned in other reviews, there is no phone number. I emailed them and have been waiting for 2 weeks to resolve with zero results. I was forced to file a fraud claim thru my bank. I am hoping to get my money back, but I might be out $526. Don't risk it!!!! Go with a different broker!!!!! By the way, Carrentals.com is an Expedia affiliate according to their website. Perhaps that says something about Expedia too!!!"

2017-05-25

Terrible customer service / Predatory

"This is the absolute worst experience I've had with a third party rental reservation company. I asked to move my reservation up by four hours, if there's availability, and they quoted me at 50% of the rate I was given for four days. Like ok, I'll wait around for 4 hours until my rental because that's absolutely absurd. On top of it, the customer service agent was aggressive and rude and obviously didn't care what my situation was. "

2017-05-10

1 star is even too much

"I booked a car through car rentals for advantage car. i booked a rav 4 or equivalent and pre paid because that was supposed to guarantee me the car i paid for. when i got to pick up location, they said no more cars even though i prepaid. i waited 3 hours to get a car and they gave me a toyota camry lol. They told me that i can take it or leave it because thats all they have right now. cool i took the down grade. Now time to get a refund for the downgrade , car rental tells me that they cant help me that i have to contact advantage . advantage says i booked through car rentals and car rentals have to sort it out for me. None of them is taking responsibility for this issue. if i booked through a website am sure the website should have a communication with the companies it advocates for. but no they would rather pass me around. Terrible!!... never book through this third party company. always go straight directly to the company you buying from because any issues you would be passed around in circles"

2017-05-08

The worse car rental..... ever!!! Stay away from this people....

"The worst car rental ... ever! Stay away from these people ....
We rented a car to pick up at 2:30 pm and be returned at the same time a week later .. The confirmation was sent with different times, and there is no way to communicate with anyone to make the changes .. I called the customer service To the customer 1 877 326 7368 and they said they did not have access to make the changes, but they gave me a number to call (1-721-545--3737) that number is disconnected .. Call back to (1 877 326 7368) and They gave us a different number, (514-636-3332) the respondent told me that I have to do it on the web, BUT the web has NO place to make the changes.
So they are scam ... pay the extra $ and use a reputable car rental company

2017-05-01

No Answer on Refund

"Booked thru this site for a Hertz rental car. Needed the car for a FUNERAL. Once I booked online I spoke with a manager at the local Hertz and confirmed reservation all seemed good...HOWEVER once I got there on Monday morning to pick up the car I was asked to present a MAJOR CREDIT CARD which I do not possess...guess what...no major credit card....no rental car..... no refund....and there was no obvious mention of this on the phone with Hertz...but apparently its in the FINE PRINT with Carental.com BEWARE still waiting for a response after emailing them twice. Reporting them to Consumer Affairs to deal with. Dont use them!!! I went to Enterprise and had a car in less then 30 minutes with my debit card... tho MOST places Do ask for a $250 deposit on top of the car rental price no one tells you THAT either."

2016-08-31

Extortionists

"This company refused to reimburse me for not being able to use my car reservation due to the double hurricanes in Hawaii unless I immediately made one for the same cost or higher. Their customer service agents need to look up the meaning of the word "reimburse" and the phrase "extenuating circumstances." They do not care about the safety of their customers. Do not use them!!!!"

2016-06-20

Attention Orlando Families on Vacation....DOLLAR CAR RENTAL!!!

"I booked an economy car from DOLLAR CAR RENTAL... for a friend that was arriving at 10:30 Friday night. Great deal!!! NOT! $148 for 4 days. Was told a car similar to a KIA. Sounds good Huh? Well i thought so too until he went to the counter to pick up the car. Agent told him...Sir you won't even get your suitcase in this car. It was some type of a Smart Car. Ok....11:00 now on Friday night in Orlando....One hr ride to destination in Cocoa Beach...he said well give me the next size up...Sure Sir...That will be $600 for four days! ... BEWARE.... I talked with two agents and NO ONE mentioned the size of that death trap.."

2016-06-01

Awful car rental search engine - booked car in a different city

"I had searched for a rental car in Hartford, Connecticut. I selected a car and booked it online. When I landed from my flight and went to the car rental company I was surprised to find out that my car was booked in a different city 35 miles away. Hertz was great and helped me get a car, but since this was a holiday weekend and they didn't have a similar car it costs me an additional $60 for a car that could hold my kids, car seats, and luggage. The search engine does not display the city where the car is being booked. They give a street address only. Awful search engine.

I notified their customer service and they did nothing to help.

2016-05-11

Worst car rental place ever

"Total, total rip off. The price at the counter was double the original quoted price when booked online. On top of that customer service was deplorable, the vehicle had damage on every panel and only 1/8 a tank of gas so the first thing I had to do was look for a gas station. And 3 months later they billed me $75.00 for a $4.80 toll charge! "

2015-08-28

"This has to be the worst car rental experience I have ever had. The reservation was misleading. I did a search for a vehicle at the MCO airport, however, after making the reservation I realized that the system AUTOMATICALLY directs you to find the cheapest price closest to your desired area. So I ended up with a rental that wasn't even at the airport -- it was close to the airport. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!!! I never spoke to a "live" person. All of the customer service is e-mail only. I contacted them within 2 hours of making screwed up reservation, and they refused to issue a refund. I got my credit card involved and they could not get my money back either. $300 GONE!!!! THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! Worse than zero stars...more like NEGATIVE 1,000 stars."

Share Carrentals.com's store rating

Carrentals.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Carrentals.com is not a merchant member
Carrentals.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!