Stores > Chegg

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.56/10 8.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.82/10 8.82/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.36/10 8.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.41/10 8.41/10
Voice your opinion! Review Chegg by clicking a star below.
2017-07-25

Awesome customer service!

"Chegg delivered my book expeditiously and made the return process effortless. I'm a fan for life!

Thanks a million, Chegg!
Cheryl V.

2017-07-14

Cheap, Easy, and Affordable

"I rented a few of my books from Chegg, and I had a great experience. My rental fee was quite low to begin with which was nice. When I needed to extend my rental due date, it was so easy. With a click of a button and a few dollars spent, my rental was extended with only a little extra cost. Returning the book was the easiest part. They pay for your label. All you have to do is print the shipping label, tape it to a box, put your books in the box, and drop it off to the nearest UPS. Definitely doing this again!"

2017-07-14

Will never do business again!

"I sent in two good conditioned books for buy back. I received a check for one of the books, and zero communication about the other book. After several months, I contacted Chegg, and they stated that my other book was in poor condition. When I sent the books, they were both in good condition. The only resolve is for Chegg to send the poor condition book back, and will receive zero compensation for my book that was originally in good condition. How about just send back my original good conditioned book? How will I be able to prove if the book sent back was not my original book, and they profited off my original good condition book. Sounds a little shady, and will not be doing business with Chegg again, especially since I buy books for four kids!!"

2017-07-13

Great service!!

"I am a first-time college student and wasn't sure about how to get my books and not pay a fortune. I am very impressed with the service and promptness of this company."

2017-07-13

Excellent Customer Service: I won't rent anywhere else!

"The Chegg Team I contacted with extremely understanding of my mistakes when returning my textbooks amidst the end of my semester. Similar is issues arose with a different online textbook renting company and I received no beneficial help.

Thank you Chegg!

2017-07-10

So easy!

"The entire experience from ordering a book to receiving it and returning it was great!
The company obviously thought through the process and designing so that it is so easy. When I shipped my book, Chegg emailed me to let me know that UPS had the book on its way.
Convenient and flawless.

2017-07-06

Excellent all around!

"Great selection, prices were low. Quick shipping and easy return"

2017-07-06

Great! Would do again!

"Great experience, book was in readable condition and it was worth it. Easy to send back too!"

2017-07-05

In time of need...

"Loved it, saved my life, book was in good condition, will recommend this site to everyone..."

2017-07-01

Completely Fair to College Students

"The fairest return policy I have ever come across. Chegg is completely understanding of college students' circumstances. Their return policy and refund policy/refund speed is exceptional. "

2017-06-30

Excellent

"Excellent, I really appreciate your help. See you. Thank you very much."

2017-06-29

Excellent Customer Service!!

"Chegg's customer service is exceptional. I was impressed with the number of chances/extensions given to return rented books. My daughter missed her due date twice and Chegg proactively reminded her and extended the deadline twice. They proactively emailed return labels to facilitate returning the rented books. They really make the process easy for the renter and make it feel like it's all about service and not about making money."

2017-06-28

Smelly Book

"The process of the rental was not bad. However, the state of the actual book was not the best. I have rented all of my college books through different websites and this is the first time I received a foul smelling book, reeking of stale cigarettes. I did not even want to handle/touch the book, it smelled without having to be opened. The worst! "

2017-06-27

affordable

"Though But the book came a little broken and i hope they dont charge for that when I return it."

2017-06-26

DO NOT SEND YOUR BOOKS TO CHEGG THROUGH BUYBACK PROGRAM

"Sent in two $85 books. After weeks of no payment and the tracking delivered I contacted Chegg. I received this email:
For order ########, we do not have have any record of receiving these books, we apologize that customer service asked you to contact us about this order but there is nothing we can do unless we see that books were received by our warehouse. We understand the tracking number is delivered, by there are no books checked into your account under this order. Please work with customer service on this issue.
EVEN WHEN THEY SEE THE BOOKS WERE DELIVERED, THEY REFUSE TO PAY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF IT. Completely ridiculous and this company is going downhill fast. DO NOT SEND YOUR BOOKS TO CHEGG!

Share Chegg's store rating

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!