Stores > Chegg

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.44/10 8.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.90/10 8.90/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.14/10 8.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.28/10 8.28/10
Voice your opinion! Review Chegg by clicking a star below.
2017-09-18

horrible experience

"sent books back on 7/3/2017, still waiting for check totaling $ 200 from chegg for books they bought back. beginning to wonder is they are a reputable company, not so sure. with each call since the books were returned, get the run around that check was mailed but it has never arrived.
you be the judge and ask yourself- 'do i want to do business with this kind of company?", one who robs peter to pay paul????

2017-09-10

wow

"Great book quality and easy return and purchase"

2017-09-07

Great first experience

"First time using Chegg and had a wonderful experience. "

2017-09-07

Chegg Great Experience

"Chegg is a wonderful place to rent and buy books for college. I have used them several times; i am always satisfied in what i get from them. I have also recommended them to other students who are just as happy as I have been.

Sincerely,

Carol Taylor

2017-09-06

First time renting

"Rented a textbook + solutions manual. Returned by them by the due date and was charged a renewal fee anyway. Ultimately resolved but inconvenient. "

2017-09-06

Late fee charges

"It's been a while since I have used Chegg for book, but had a great experience in the past. This time, I was charged for services that I don't recall adding (it was some online study guide that I guess was auotomatically added to my cart at checkout) and then I was charged for a late return after receiving an email from a Chegg that UPS notified them that my books had been dropped off. Now I'm not sure if the natural disaster in Texas had some impact on things, but I think they should have taken into account that my package was delivered to the store on time before charging me a fee for the 2 books I rented, especially since they were notified and notified me that they received the notification. Very confusing situation. I will say that Chegg did address both situation and refunded my money, but I couldn't honestly say it was an excellent experience this time around. I still will consider using them again if needed given the fact that they fixed the issues and would say that overall it was a good experience. My books arrived promptly so no complaints there! "

2017-09-05

Horrible

"I was charged several times for books that had been returned. "

2017-09-05

Great experience

"Purchasing online and delivery was a breeze."

2017-09-04

Slow to process

" I return my book in the allotted time but I was still charge for a late fee. I called to find out why I was charged and they returned the charge fee and I finally saw my book was finally processed that I returned it over a week and a half."

2017-09-03

I want my money back

" have always ordered my books from Chegg and I haven't had any problems until recently I sent my books in when I was supposed to I called to chegg because it wasn't registering to my account that my books were returned I called them they told me everything was fine I wouldn't be charged an extension fee, cool. now I look at my account I get an email from you guys saying that you extended my books when I turned them in already I want my money back!"

Returned Books

"I was very disappointed when I got 3 separate charges from chegg unexpectedly. I checked my bank statements, and I checked my chegg account and they do not line up. My bank statements have a higher charge than is stated on my chegg account. When I looked at my chegg account, it said there was a rental extension fee. I know for a fact I sent my books out on the due date. But of course, when I log onto my account, there only tracking number is from when I first received the books, and not the tracking number from when I sent them back. There is also no customer service e-mail available on the website so I have not been able to get in contact with anyone. "

Lifespan

"The bopk was very helpful, what I like the most is the ability to rent a book because you can't always afford the regular price. Please keep what you do going and thanks"

2017-09-02

First time issue, quickly fixed.

"I was charged an extension fee although I returned the book before the due date. I was given a refund quickly after I sent an email about the issue. "

2017-08-26

Stockton Mom

"Book are always nice & clean. Customer service reps r great, very helpful!! Books can be a little cheaper! "

2017-08-24

Yes use Chegg!!!

"Super easy and the prices are waaaaay cheaper than our campus bookstore... Was a great 5 star experience until I got to this part of leaving a review--too complicated."

Share Chegg's store rating

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!