Stores > Chewy.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.61/10 8.61/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.8/10 8.8/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.87/10 8.87/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.05/10 9.05/10
Voice your opinion! Review Chewy.com by clicking a star below.
2017-07-24

Chewys.com

"My first experience with this company was not good. They sent me an advertising mailer stating a $15.00 discount on my first order. When I used the promo code it did not work and then when I called your customer service department they said my dog food brand was not eligible for the discount. I don't see anywhere on this mailer that only select brands qualify and hence is kind of deceptive advertising in my opinion.

They didn't offer any remedy and hence I will not use this company in the future as they cant even stand behind their ad to even a new customer.

2017-07-23

Chewy is the best!!

"I don't what I did before I discovered Chewy. They have every product a pet owner could want, top notch customer service, great prices, and orders are shipped at lightning speed. Chewy's is the only place I go for all of my pet's needs. "

2017-07-20

I'm a thrilled new customer...

" On Tuesday, I called and spoke to Sarah in Chewy's customer service dept. I had trouble signing into my new acct. So she very nicely helped me thru that process and then I placed the order for treats and a trial of the Natural Balance dog food. I was so surprised to receive the order the very next day. This was just my 2nd order. There were some problems with the first order i.e. I ordered the wrong size pet cot and called to set up a return I was told to donate the first cot and they sent me a new larger one free of charge. The new one had obviously been opened and then taped up & I had no problem with that but it turned out to be missing three legs. I asked for three legs and was told they couldn't do that so they sent me a whole new unopened cot. I'm amazed that they would be that generous when other companies would have charged for the return of the first item. And then charged me for the shipping on the third one. So the result is that I need to figure out a way to make 4 legs for the second cot & then be able to donate it to the Open Door Animal Sanctuary, the no kill shelter where our two dogs were alumni. We've only got our girl Maggie now so one cot is all we need. And then they shipped my second order overnite."

2017-07-18

Customer Engagement Experts

"I cannot say enough about the customer service experience I encountered today. I was solely responsible for ordering the feline Natural Balance and not the canine. The order arrived, and I immediately pinged via chat. Within 5 minutes Ed G resolved my issue no questions asked, refunded my money and graciously suggested I donate the food to a charity or shelter as I couldn't ship back. The food has been donated to Cat Matchers in Dallas, TX to a lovely woman that devotes time to help kittens and cats and chewy.com has earned a customer for life. Thank you, Chewy.com, for realizing the value in customer engagement and experience. "

2017-07-16

Awesome Service

"Chewy provides great prices and really awesome customer service!"

2017-07-13

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"I ordered a **** large dog crate from chewy.com. After a week of not getting it I started to wonder and did track my package. On Fed ex website, it showed they had delivered it. So, I called FedEx and told them that I did not receive my package. They created a case and called me back stating they delivered it to wrong place. They stated they would get their driver to pick it up and bring it to right address. I tried to stay very calm as to I had my vacation planned for over a year and thought 2 weeks would be long enough to receive a package. Another 2 days went by and no call from FedEx and no package. I called them again and after on hold for over 15 minutes they said that there were too many labels on the package so they sent it back. By now I was getting nervous. I called chewy.com and their customer service stated they would call me next morning and overnight the package. after 24 hours, I still did not receive a call. I called back to chewy.com and they said they see the package is being returned and they can ship it again. At this point I was very peed off. Day before my vacation and they tell me they can ship it again and can't do over night. So, first person lied and second person tried to help but at this point I was at point of no return with incompetent of chewy.com and FedEx. I HAD TO CANCEL MY VACATION. My suggestion is that even though they have a good customer review beware just like any other company they really don't give a crap. it's numbers game. I am sure they figure long as they sell that is all that matters. I would not be surprised if chewy.com does not pay to have positive review written by 3rd party so negative reviews are towards the bottom. Will not buy from them again... EVER..."

2017-07-11

Top Notch & Caring Company at Chewy.com

"Chewy.com has the best customer service! They helped me and kept in touch with me for when our Senior Shih Tzu "T-Bone" needed a special Renal Diet. They did an excellent job making sure I got the prescription and food in time and we started auto delivery. Delivery was free and fast! And when our T-bone took a turn for the worst and passed away; they didn't hesitate to make the return quick and hassle-free. But where they really went above and beyond was having sympathy flowers sent to me and my family. How thoughtful and kind. Chewy.com truly cares about their customers and their furry friends!"

2017-07-11

Not a happy Customer

"If someone were to ask me about Chewy.com 2 weeks ago there would be nothing bad I could or would say because I was that happy. But things have taken a turn from a 5 star rating to now a 1 star all because of the shipping fiasco I have experienced this last week. The first order I received in 2 days. The 2nd order was ordered last Wednesday and today is Tuesday (almost a week and the dog food still hasn't arrived. I called customer service the other day and they refunded me money so I could buy a small bag of food to hold me over until the large bag arrives. That's great. But, the money is taking it's sweet time getting to my bank, so this is added stress to my already stressful situation.

I called Chewy.com customer service today and they said the reason it's taking so long for me to receive my order was because I ordered late Wednesday and because their orders were backed up from the week before my order was delayed to be sent out until the following Monday and then Tuesday was the Fourth of July, so now here we are almost a week later and I am still waiting.

The bottom line for me is because their orders were backed up, that caused a domino effect. My order was delayed a week, and that now effects my dogs who are waiting for their food. By profession I am a organization development consultant and I see this all the time. You have a "bottleneck" in the way you're processing your orders and as a result you will lose customers like myself if you don't go back to the beginning and see where the problem areas are. A process map may help you or a visual diagram mapping your entire process from the beginning when the order is placed to the end when the order is shipped to see where you need to implement improvements/changes.

2017-07-07

Very fast Shipping!

"Chewy.com has fast shipping! I rescued a 3 year old shepherd mix about 50 pounds from the SPCA of GA and needed some toys and treats ect and it was at my door in 2 days! That is way I have a new Order on the way! Thanks"

2017-07-06

Knowledgable, Friendly, Easy!!!

"I spoke with Aaron (sp?) because I needed to return some dog food, and WOW what top notch service. Thanks so much for the food suggestions and making the return pleasant and easy! We will definitely use Chewy when we get Benji settled on a food. Thumbs up you guys :)"

2017-07-06

Great company

"I have always had a good experience ordering from Chewy.com. They have good prices and a good selection of items. Even when I had a problem, it was resolved very quickly with no fuss. "

2017-07-05

Excellent

"Customer service outstanding every time. "

2017-07-02

Having good products at great prices is useless if you rely on FEDEX idiots to deliver the item to customers.

"FEDEX may be great in some areas, but they can't find their **** with both hands where I live. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter that you sell the product I use cheaper than I can buy it 30 miles away, if FEDEX fails to deliver, I might as well go get it myself. You need to give customers other options for shipping. FEDEX ****. "

2017-07-01

PetSmart ruined Chewy.com?

"Well it's happened. The PetSmart influence has ruined Chewy. So sad. We have three Great Danes and so far this year we have spent over $1,000 in dog food from Chewy.com. I'm done. I have been buying food from Chewy with absolutely no problems until after PetSmart bought them out. Last month the price of our dog food increased by $15 a bag. I have ordered though their autoship program for the past year without a problem and now suddenly the price has drastically increased and I was not notified. I complained, they refunded the $30 difference for the two bags but was told that it was too bad and that they don't need to notify their customers of price increases on the autoship program. So basically they can charge whatever they want and you'll only notice the difference in your bank account. So this month I chose a cheaper variety of our brand and changed our autoship. Normally our bags ship early Friday and we receive them on Saturday. I was notified late Friday that this food was out of stock, please choose another. So I did. I sent them a screen shot of the next more expensive food. It shipped on Saturday, so now with the holiday we will not receive it until at least Wednesday. Then I see the the price per bag has increased by $5 over night. I've been over-charged and inconvenienced for the last time Chewy. I will take my money elsewhere and I will recommend that everyone else does the same. "

2017-06-30

Horrible

"Wouldn't buy from these people again. No such thing as customer service. Bought a toy. Cute video. Actual toy smashed it's gimmick into my kittens faces. Too fast. Too much thrust into cat. Ran away. Now scared of it. Asked to return. Included my name and order number. Got quick reply. Had to return in unopened, unharmed package. Had to give my name and order number. Dummies already had that proving reply was nothing but a canned letter. Can't return unopened because opening it and using it was the only way to find out this cheap toy was dangerous to my cats. And "unharmed" packaging. HA!!! It was drop shipped from China and crumbled in it's journey to South Florida. I was, at least, able to carefully, in a time consuming way open it up and assemble it. Oh, yeah. BATTERY NOT INCLUDED. Stay away from this company. Won't offer you any customer service."

Share Chewy.com's store rating

Chewy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chewy.com is not a merchant member
Chewy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!