Stores > Chewy.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.23/10 9.23/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.04/10 9.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.25/10 9.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.71/10 9.71/10
Voice your opinion! Review Chewy.com by clicking a star below.
2017-04-02

Excellent Customer Service

"I have been ordering prescription food for my cats from Chewy for over a year. Last month my shipment didn't arrive within the time period it said it would arrive, we ran out of food. I called Chewy to check on the shipment and the sent out a replacement that arrive in 2 days. They also went above and beyond by giving me a credit for the food I needed to buy to hold the cats over. I was very happy with the customer service I received and will continue to buy our cat supplies from Chewy. "

2017-04-02

Chewy and Customer Service

"I love Chewy Products & CS."

2017-03-30

Great Job!!!

"I just had the most pleasant experience with your customer service department via email about an order I placed last night. Not only were they super helpful, but each rep that helped me was so kind. They genuinely seemed happy to help a fellow pet parent. Thank you and your entire team for being so awesome. You just won my business permanently!!!"

2017-03-29

Do not use this company

"First of all they put my order through twice because they called me to say there was an issue with billing address. The easiest thing was to cancel the order and put it through as a new order. That sounds straightforward enough I thought. However they preauthorised and froze the original amount in my bank account and when I emailed to have this removed several days later they told me they had cancelled the order and that was all they could do. Several emails later with them, all they could say is I would have to speak to my bank. I then had to drive 45 mins to my bank to get the issue sorted. Note: I was in a similar situation with another retailer recently where an order was cancelled and no funds were frozen at all.
Next thing that happened was that my item didn't even turn up! I contacted them and they assured me it would arrive soon (this was already 5 days after order date and their website states delivery is 1-2 days). I emailed them again for them to tell me this time it had gone missing!! They sent me another one which arrived well over a week after original order date with a not so generous 10% discount (up to a max of $10!) off my next order. Needless to say, there will be no next order.

2017-03-21

The Best Online Retailer Experience - Better Than Amazon!!!

"I discovered Chewy about 2 months ago and I am in love! They carry all of the brands I trust at a major discount. The dry food I feed my dog goes for $85-$100 on Amazon, and PetSmart doesn't even carry it. I get it for $50 on Chewy.com with FREE 2-day shipping. The same treats I buy for $4 on Chewy go for around $10 at PetSmart. My dog LOVES seeing the Chewy box. My dog is happy he has so many great treats and great food. I'm happy because his shopping is quick, easy, cheap, and above all I can get brands that I trust. CHEWY RULES!!!"

2017-03-15

A company that cares

"Ordered a few items including a Thunder Vest for my pup from chewy.com. The vest didn't fit so I contacted them about returning it. Chewy customer reps asked me to just donate the item to a local shelter and refunded me with no questions asked. I've contacted their customer service in the past once before and they were great that time as well.

While I may have found some items slightly cheaper, I have decided to ONLY shop with chewy.com for my pet needs when possible. The do a wonderful job all around from ordering, shipping/delivery and customer service. One of the few companies in today's world that I would give a 5 star rating and tell people they MUST shop with.

2017-03-14

Always on time

"Absolutely love love love chewy.com always get my food on time if not early. So convenient and prices on high end food for my allergy prone dog are so much better than at the retail stores. Have been using them for about a year now and would recommend them to everyone!"

2017-03-12

GREAT customer service

" My first order was damaged...Chewy refunded my money immediately..no questions asked...BECAUSE of this I am now a loyal customer. I know they back up not only their products but their delivery also.
I live in their area and i literally get my order the next day. In addition to this their prices are actually cheaper then my local pet store.
Customer service reps are cheerful..helpful and efficient.

2017-03-09

You're doing it right, Chewy!

"We have been using Chewy for a little over a year now and absolutely love it! Not only are the prices some of the best around, the auto-ship function is so very convenient. The main reason for this review, however, is to commend Chewy on outstanding customer service. We recently had to request to return an item (dog ramp) that didn't work out for our neurotic, 100lb, Boxer/Mastiff mix. He is a giant baby and very particular (Addison's disease makes him much more sensitive than your average big oaf).

Chewy not only refunded my card immediately, they asked us to simply donate the dog ramp to a local shelter or animal rescue instead of returning it to them. AMAZING! You're doing it right! Take notice, corporate America...this is how a business should be run. Bravo!

Life-long customers from TN: J-n-S

2017-03-05

The BEST

"I buy almost everything by mail order, and this is by far the best company I deal with. Customer service just couldn't be better. Orders are received faster than I could get out to buy the stuff locally, and the one time I had to call (because of my own mistake), they were a dream to deal with. Recommended with 100% confidence!"

2017-03-03

chewy bites off more than they can chew

"used to love chewy.com. stuff was delivered fast and in one piece. lately, whoever packs the boxes at the chewy warehouses really needs to be retrained. every order i place with chewy arrives with items thrown into boxes that shouldn't be together and the result is packages that are less sturdy than cans of food and larger items are busted open, contents all over the box and everything in it. sometimes, the larger items (heavy dry food bags, cat litter, 24 case canned foods) bust through boxes because too much of that type of thing is put into one box and the cans explode or dry food and litter is torn open and leaking from the shipping box. NOT COOL, CHEWY"

2017-02-28

Best place to shop for pet food

"They have the best customer service and business ethic. My daughter and I will buy pet food from Chewy.com for the rest of our pets lives."

2017-02-27

the best customer service ever!!!

"My first time ordering with this awesome company I ordered a dog ramp for my older dog. I called customer service and spoke to a actual person right away. There were no recordings. He was so polite and helpful actually said he would just credit my account. I was so impressed by this I ordered all my cat and dog food at that time. It impressed me so much not to talk to a machine or someone from another county I felt I should write a review.. Good job chewy!!
Keep up the Great Customer Service !!!

2017-02-25

superb customer service!

"We originally ordered from chewy.com through a promotional ad about a year ago, and even though we never heard of them until then, we decided to give them a chance. Our experience was fine, but for whatever reason, we stopped ordering from them for a little while. Then a few weeks ago, we saw a posting on Facebook about how someone lost their dog recently, and wanted to return the food they bought, since they would no longer be needing it. Not only did chewy.com credit her for the purchase, they also sent a bouquet of flowers the following day! After reading that, we immediately decided to become a customer again, and placed an order for some cat food and other items. Earlier today, we received the shipment, but some of the cans were damaged during delivery, so sent them an email with some photos. Almost immediately, I received a response from them apologizing, and that a replacement shipment was on its way (today is Saturday too, btw)! This type of experience is so refreshing during this day and age, that we will never shop anywhere else (even if there are cheaper options). We also live in a very pet-friendly town, so will be spreading the word about chewy.com to all of our friends! Thank you Chewy!"

2017-02-19

Genuinely caring company!!!

"I ordered from Chewy.com and FedEx delivered it to the wrong house. (My wonderful neighbors kept the package and refused to give it back when the error was discovered--really nice.) Anyway, Chewy sent me a replacement order that arrived two days later, (even though it was no fault of theirs) and the customer service person was absolutely phenomenal-caring, helpful and friendly.
I also received a hand written postcard (even the address was handwritten--you NEVER see that any more!) a few weeks later thanking me for my business and encouraging me to call 24/7 with any questions, concerns, etc. The prices are spot -on and they often have discounts. Very easy to reach the free shipping minimum, too with their awesome variety of products.
To really see the essence of this company, I feel the need to share this story. A woman's dog passed away, shortly after she had ordered a large amount of dog food. She called Chewy to ask about an RMA to return the dog food. Not only did Chewy tell her to just donate the food to a local shelter, but they refunded her money, sent a heartfelt card, and flowers, too... Talk about a wonderful company that I would recommend to anyone. I'd even patronize them at twice the price...there are still good people in America....

Share Chewy.com's store rating

Chewy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chewy.com is not a merchant member
Chewy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!