Stores > DVD Express
  • DVD Express

Voice your opinion! Review DVD Express by clicking a star below.
2017-08-20

Are you kidding me?

"First, I fell for their total scam of designing their kiosks exactly like red box to dupe customers. I was almost completely through the process before I realized it wasn't red box. Anyway, I rented the DVD about 20 minutes from home. I checked to make sure their were return listings near my home, which there were. I tried to return the dvd & couldn't get the kiosk to take it. I blew time finding a store clerk to help. No dice. I called the 1-800 number for dvd xpress & was told different kiosks have different size dvd boxes so I need to find a kiosk that would take this dvd container. In the ENTIRE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA there are NONE. So, I had to drive 40 minutes roundtrip to return the dvd to the same kiosk. How utterly ridiculous. "

2017-03-24

Do not buy from site

"I never received my dvd and when I told them I never received it they said they sent another one but they did not arrive as well. DO NOT BUY FROM SITE"

2017-03-23

The Take

"What a rip-off. They charge you for buying the DVD ($25) if you do not return it within 24 hours. I will never use them again."

2015-12-19

"I have yet to receive credit for a defective dvd I rented in October. Three times I made contact with a customer service rep, today I was disconnected, Right now as I type I am on hold 58 minutes "

2012-09-11

"Hello, today is 9/11/12 (my thoughts go to all families who lost a love one) just called about a question on a rental i did, a woman who called herself Dedal picked up and refused to transfer me to Marcy her manager and very ghettoish told me she couldnt help me and continously said no to me, im in customer service myself and thats not hoew you handle a cust service, thias lady sucks and should be helping people out in McDonalds or taco bell, please get better cust service so you dont loose business to Redbox!!! Thank u"

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2003-03-26

"I have made an order from DVDExpress(DVD.com) , I ordered 2 DVDs, (Black Hawk Dawn and Dune)
they have been shipped seperately by my request.
I only got one DVD (Black Hawk),
I never got the other DVD, even though my credit card have been charged.
I tried to contact them using email and the "contact us" link,
but I never got a single reply.

2003-01-19

"WOO HOO!!! FINALLY THIS COMPANY IS GONE! IT COULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED TO A BUNCH OF WORSE PEOPLE. THESE PEOPLE WERE THE BIGGEST BASTARDS ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH AND I HOPE EVERY ONE OF THEM ROTS IN HELL. 2/14/04

This company is the most ridiculous bunch of theives I have ever met.

HOW they got such a high rating is beyond me. I wouldn't give them another penny if I was on my death bed.

Anyway, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and to my surprise (and hopefully other userrs here), their phone number was listed! I have no idea if it is correct, since today is Sunday. But you know, first thing Monday morning, they will be getting a LOT of angry calls... Hopefully...

So in a nutshell, I order 11 DVD's, got 2, got a refund for 2, and they now say "since I never got a tracking number (oh now it's MY fault they stink), they won't answer any of my emails anymore.

To make things worse, 7 of the DVD's I didn't get charged for until 2 months later and I just happened to not have enough money in my account and I got banged for $26.00 each in over draft fees for 7 DVD's. Those sure were the most expensive DVD's I never got.

I hate that company, was a VERy long time customer until they went bankrupt and changed management. Wish I knew that befere I reordered...

Here's the BBB link:

If that doesn't work for you, here's the important info from that link:

DVD Express
5890 West Jefferson Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90016

File Open Date: 11/07/96
Last Report Date: 01/09/03
Principal Contact: Brian Carlson

Bureau ID: 13063927

I really hope that phone number works! Good luck to all!

2002-10-19

"It took about 3 months to actually get the order. Customer Service was a adequate. To be honest there are better online business when it comes towards getting DVDs. I would not suggest this site if you want your selected item real fast. Expect to wait several months on your selection to be actually mailed. I did appreciate some of the patient email responses for my many sent emails, but overall performance is only fair in my book."

2002-05-20

"It’s sad to see what was once one of the great online vendors fall
into disrepute, although it’s due entirely to their own business
practices.

From January, 1999, through late Spring, 2000, I placed 38 orders
with DVD Express. They weren’t perfect but they went out of their
way to correct the few mistakes they made. Well... that was then
and this is now. I stopped ordering from them regularly in June,
2000, because of their extremely low stock levels and the
difficulty in getting them to actually ship anything.

In January, 2002, I found some foreign-movie titles with prices
marked down to irresistable levels, so I ordered 8 DVDs.

Here’s how it went after I ordered:

1 hour:
received email confirming my order

8 hours:
web site says order being processed

12 hours:
web site says order shipped by USPS Priority Mail

13 days:
DVDs haven't arrived; sent email to customer service.

15 days:
no response from customer service. I sent demand notice by
USPS Certified Mail: if the DVDs don't arrive by t+30 days,
the order is cancelled.

17 days:
received email (autoresponse) from customer service
saying they're "currently experiencing heavy amounts of
e-mail traffic". Of course they are, due to the lack of
service.

21 days:
receive complete order, shipped by USPS Priority Mail

23 days:
received phone call as follow-up to deman letter. They say
they did ship the order on time but they had "some problems
with [their] shipping company" and their packages were being
"held by the post office."

25 days:
receive response to email query. They say the package shipped
25 days ago and to wait an additional 10 days before checking
again.

Is this any way to run a business? DVD Express won't be getting
any more of my money.

2002-05-04

"I used to be a long-time customer and they were great, until they filed for bankruptcy. Now that they've re-opened, I've had no luck with them. My last order showed "preparing for shipment" for several weeks (nothing was backordered). I e-mailed their customer service dept. to see what was up - no response. Finally, I e-mailed customer service to cancel my account."

Australia
2002-04-05

"I am absolutely disgusted with DVD Express's latest guise. I ordered from them in January, and have not received the order, even going so far as to check with Customs in Australia and Australia Post, to see if any packages were scanned into the country in my name from DVD Express ... surprise surprise, not a thing. I also placed another order last year, which was finally (supposedly) sent on February 20th of this year, and again, was never received and not recorded into this country.
Despite more than 8 e-mails, all of which carried a robotic reply of "Please allow more time for delivery", I have received neither the goods, nor the requested refund including the International Air Express freight I was charged for.
This company is an absolute sham; its Customer Service, which once stood out amongst all online retailers is nothing but a memory, and it will never again see another cent from myself, which is a shame as I started ordering from the ORIGINAL DVD Express in March of 1997, and have spent well in excess of $8000.00 with them over that time.
I will refer this matter to not only the BBB, but also the FTC and my Visa Card company.
I consider that being told to wait 4 months for a product which I paid to have delivered to me in 10 working days or less is beyond the pale, as any reasonable thinking person would.
I can only warn people about my experience, and that of many others who come into our #dvd channel to relate the same experiences from this inept organisation .. Be VERY aware before you order from them, and the BBB link below is a very good example of the way this incompetant example of an online DVD company is going.

******************************

Further to the above situation, my other order was placed October last year for an order that was supposedly IN STOCK at the time ... DVD Express sent notification that it had been sent on February 20, and, typically for this headless, faceless, non-responsive embarrassment to online DVD
e-Commerce, not a thing has arrived, and as well, not one package has been receipted or scanned into Customs or Australia Post as of close of business, April 7th.
I received an e-mail from them requesting me to wait 30 more days!!!

Like hell I will.
If DVD Express thinks I am joking about registering my complaints about their non delivery and business and customer service conduct with the BBB, FTC and to my Credit Card company, then they are in for a very rude shock, very soon.

I really hope they get this notification, or at least read it, because they will know exactly who this is ... think Tora! Tora! Tora! Special Edition & Girls Just Want To Have Fun .. and Australia, and go back over your e-mails guys 'n gals, and believe me when I say that if I do not hear back from them with a full refund, including International Air Express, they will be the ones, with their already sullied reputation, defending and answering yet again to the BBB et al, and every single online forum I can contact to warn people about these shoddy, shady characters.

Louisiana
2002-04-05

"So far I'm irritated that they will not return an email or reply to a fax that I went them. Very simple question: Why is the order still pending? It's 04/03/02 and should have been at my home by now. There is no phone number on their website to actually talk to a person. I will wait this out and see what happens then I will pass judgement... as for now, I'm still in the dark.

Here's an update: http://www.labbb.org/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/C%3A/Inetpub/wwwroot/SouthlandReport/default.htm?hCompID=13063927&hAKAID=3&hAddrID=2

This is the link to the BBB. It takes a long time to load. This is a very busy site. This should shed light on everything.

Share DVD Express's store rating

DVD Express is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DVD Express is not a merchant member
DVD Express does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!