• Future Shop (Be

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

Mango45's Avatar

Alberta, Canada
2015-02-09

"I placed an order with Future Shop to take advantage of their Price Beat Promise. They honoured it, but it took 47 minutes on the phone. The time I spent was not worth the 10% of the difference. Next time I will just shop at the store with the cheaper price."

2015-01-16

"Bought an HP laptop. Sales rep offered a "recovery disk" for $20 additional. I agreed. Turned out, the recovery disk is service called "setup and recovery". So I paid additional $20. But when I returned the laptop, I could not get back $100 because they said the "setup and recovery" service costs $100 and not refundable. Sales rep never explained that part. Don't ever get the "setup and recovery" they offer. All you will get is a flash drive with a copy the drivers which is already in the laptop."

This review was modified by jrmagic on January 16 2015 06:18:23 PM

2014-12-29

"I don't think I've ever really had a problem with the service in-store. But dealing with their customer service line and delivery service line is an absolute nightmare. I've worked in the customer service industry for over 8 years myself..and just can't believe how bad this was! Not only were they not helpful, they were also rude! I've never in my life was made so angry and frustrated that I've hung up on someone..I did with them. Just because of their rudeness, inability to even find out answers if they didn't know, and just overall really bad service and manners, I'm trying to return my product. I bought a stove for my parents for Christmas back in early December, and am still dealing with problems even to this day! Now they have to confirm that the product is in their warehouse before I can do a return and they can't even call to find out. What the heck is this?! Seriously. I will never buy anything else from Futureshop EVER. "

This review was modified by LunaM on December 29 2014 02:47:51 PM

2014-12-19

"I bought 2 - 65" Samsung 4k curved TV on Dec 01, 2014. FutureShop Shawnessy, Calgary. Promised to deliver Dec 10 . Still not delivered. I would have spoken to their three Managers, but they cannot proivide response. My money is get locked. This is gift for my family. I am worried whether I will get this. Poor service. THey are making customers in tension. I do not recommend Futureshop."

2014-11-29

"Worst service EVER!!! We purchased fridge, stove, washer, dryer at the Moncton, NB store. They were quick to sell, quick to charge the FS credit card but the purchase was made on Nov. 14th and here it is, Nov. 29, and we STILL do not have any appliances. Their excuse is the old "we are not responsible for our 3rd party delivery company" etc. Wrong FS, this is YOUR sale and YOUR responsibility to ensure your promised service is executed in a timely and reasonable manner. You have most certainly lost very good clients."

2014-11-03

"DO NOT order video games listed as Zero Day access. This would lead the consumer (read: me) to believe they will be receiving a digital access code for access as soon as it is released. False advertising. Will not be purchasing video games from Futureshop...ever again.

I wouldn't normally be bothered by the above issue, however in writing to Futureshop order support I asked if I would be receiving a digital access code to which they responded with a generic non response, about shipping pre-orders as they become available. which had nothing to do with my question."

This review was modified by dcsmusic on November 03 2014 08:17:23 AM

2014-10-23

"I am livid by the service I received on Tuesday and today. I went into the store with a product in mind, purchased it with the intention to pick it up the following day. My receipt was put on the factory fresh box which I did examine personally. After going through a horrendous family tragedy, I was unable to return to the store for two days. When I arrived at the Future Shop South Keys, I was promptly serviced by the customer service representative. She took my receipt and went to the back. After waiting nearly 15 minutes, I walked to the back and was told the one reserved for me was open boxed. I was shocked. I told them the one reserved for me was factory fresh and unfortunately, there were no more stocks for the television I had purchased. Two things must have happened, the person I purchased the TV must have put my receipt of the wrong box or another sales representative removed my receipt and put it on an open box. Regardless of what may have conspired, the staff went to the manager and told me they would give me a $40 discount...Off a 60" Samsung television. I am not opposed to purchasing open box as long as the condition was mint. The home theatre specialist quickly reassured me that the TV was mint. I told the gentleman that I would like it tested and verified that all accessories were included. He opened the box and no power cables or remote were present. Furthermore, the TV frame had evident marks of wear and tear. It was evident that this open box was a display model. Hardly ignorant, I asked them why they would tell me this is not a demo when it is clear that the lack of accessories and condition of the product is evident of the contrary. I left the store with my refund and a sour taste in my mouth. I was more than willing to purchase your PSP, however lying and misleading a customer is unacceptable. Selling my original product is a shady decision just to get commission. I am astounded by the service received by this store and will never be recommending anyone to go to this particular Future Shop. "

2014-10-12

"I went out of my way to travel to Future Shop. I grabbed the product I wanted. I took my item to the cash register and the employee refused to do a price match -- despite all the advertisements indicating they would do so.

Their reasoning was the product I wanted to price match was not available at the OTHER STORE. That makes no sense. If it was there, then I would go there. They wasted not only my time, but my petrol as well.

The store policies are ridiculous. I will not be shopping there again. Actually, this comptuer I'm typing on, I bought from Future Shop. However, I had to return the model several times because of malfunctions. They were nice enough about that, the employee was very polite, but the store is run in such a ridiculous manner. I've seen much better service elsewhere.

Sorry. I don't mean to be harsh. The employees are good. I genuinely think that. I just believe the policies set in place make for an unpleasant shopping experience. I'm pretty sure, given the competition, Future Shop is going to shut down one day."

2014-07-28

"Never purchase a product from this store. Their after sales service is terrible. I bought a phone 2 weeks ago. It doesn't work and they wont help me get it repaired or help me replace it. This is frustrating and completely unhelpful. I was not able to make a complaint in the store; the lady on the "customer service desk" told me to visit the website, but I cannot find any way of making a complaint. Phoning the customer service line is also a waste of time as it directs me back to the Saint John store. Do not buy anything from them."

2014-06-19

"Bought a laptop from Best Buy inn December, 2013. It has been back to Best Buy more than a dozen times due to numerous problems and is presently back at the factory for the second time, five weeks now and
Best Buy says "don't call us, We'll call you when it's ready". And "We don't refund and we don't replace". It has never run in the six months since I purchased it. Best Buy has my money ($1000). I have nothing."

This review was modified by Ematt on June 19 2014 09:00:47 PM

2014-05-14

"Help around every corner it seemed to me, good quick service, and seemed to know what they were talking about."

This review was modified by JayC1978 on May 14 2014 02:25:36 AM

2014-05-09

"Horrible experience with FutureShop.ca
i placed an order for laptop online. more than 24hrs later they send me an email saying i need to call 1-866-514-1433. this is an automated number that just says there is something wrong with your order, login and fix. i login and fix, again after 24 hours same email. this went on for 3 times, when i got the email 3rd time, i call the 800 number on their site. i told them everything is correct, they told me now they have approved it and the laptop should ship out.
Guess what? another email after 24 hours.
very frustrated now i call again. they finally put me in touch with someone who processed the card while i was on the phone. i finally receive the laptop.

Yesterday, after a month i needed another laptop a month later as the company hired another employee. Guess what, same thing again. i received same email again this morning. my lid blew. OMG.
this is the worse online shopping experience i have had in a very long time."

This review was modified by sajeev on May 09 2014 09:17:32 AM

2014-01-14

"Terrible, just terrible. It took 6 business days to arrive to NB from Ontario and my monitor arrived damaged and in the manufacturers box. It didn't even have a fragile sticker on the box. Overall the monitor had to be returned and it will probably take another week to get there and then 5-7 business days to refund and then I will have to order another screen! I shouldn't be even getting another from them but I really have no choice! And no compensation for the f***ing delay! This just sucks for me."

This review was modified by hftv on January 14 2014 11:58:01 AM

2013-12-02

"I do not want to give them even one star, but no choice here. I tried to order monitors by online shopping. My paypal account and two visa card have been working good. However, they said that they could not go through my order by using them. I called them twice, and both of them said that my order went through after we talked. I asked if they would say no again. They said everything is ok now. They sent me "no" email. Nothing wrong with my cards and paypal account. The problem is your company."

This review was modified by ihateyrcompany on December 02 2013 05:10:05 PM

2013-12-02

"I strongly recommend NOT BUYING FROM FUTURESHOP ONLINE!!!!!!!!! Last Christmas I ordered a VHS/DVD Toshiba unit from Futureshop. Before ordering, I visited the Barrie store and the sales person assured me the unit was well covered by Futureshop warranty/guarantees. The unit arrived promptly, but it was broken at the time of arrival. Futureshop told me as it was a new unit, it has to go back to Toshiba Canada. Toshiba tells me it didn`t break it, but they will fix it or replace it for a cost. I am VERY DISSATISFIED with my experience with FUTURESHOP and will never be a customer of theirs again. DO NOT TRUST THEIR ASSURANCES OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION WHEN BUYING ONLINE!!!!!"

This review was modified by RuthsMom on December 02 2013 09:37:18 PM

Share Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.)'s store rating

Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.) is not a merchant member
Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!