Stores > GPS Computer Services, LTD.
  • GPS Computer Se

Voice your opinion! Review GPS Computer Services, LTD. by clicking a star below.
2002-09-13

"Take a look at this, assets to be acutioned 9/14/02.

2002-09-13

"does any one have any update on the lawsuit against GPS computers.

Thanks

2002-07-28

"Looks like shes at it again do not bid on ebay with her userid lucky she has been suspended - thchaser200. http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=thchaser200.

She took my money awaiting refund as we speak - goods never delivered.

DO NOT BUY FROM HER AT ALL RISK

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond

2002-07-20

"Same as everyone elses experience- awful-awful-awful"

2002-07-10

"I ordered a laptop from GPS last December and have until this date not received it. It seems www.gpscomputers.com is no longer available as well as their main telephone number (440-967-0949). A website www.gpscomputersvc.com appears to be the same company, but there is no new contact information there. I have not been able to get any information on the court case currently pending against them from the Ohio State Attorney General's office. The court case number that was supplied to me by GPS is 02CV130731 if anyone is interested in pursuing it."

2002-07-09

"Laptop purchased 12-21, credit card immediately charged. Laptop never rec'd, GPS in receivership,
with no remedy in sight. Complaint filed with Ohio Atty. General as well as BBB. Wished I had found this site prior to my order.

2002-06-03

"Never ever believe what they say... they are there to rip you off your money. I wish I had known these ratings before and not have got into transaction with them. They will post attractive prices and then charge your credit card and never ever will they deliver the merchandise. I asked for refunds and they lie all the time that I will get refund in 10 days. Everyone in their office is accomplished liar and they never keep their words. JUST STAY AWAY OR LOSE YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS TO these CHEATS."

2002-04-22

"After hastling with them over the phone for 6 weeks I finally got my money back. Don't expect to be sent anything from these con artists."

Avon, Ohio
2002-03-31

"This company represents the textbook example of how NOT to treat customers. I ordered 2 laptops from them on December 19th. They accepted my PayPal payment almost immediately but I NEVER received confirmation of my order via e-mail, snail mail, or phone call. I repeatedly e-mailed, immediate messaged, and called with no response for weeks. When I called I was always asked for my number and was told someone would call me back which never happened. I FINALLY received an e-mail about a month after my order from Terry Holmes telling me that my order had been received and that delivery was scheduled for the following week. The delivery date came and went and I received nothing. More calls and e-mails yielded no response from anyone at GPS for two more weeks. I finally was able to get the operator/secretary to transfer my call rather than pretend to take down my phone number. After two transfers I was able to get someone to tell me what I ordered and that I would receive it approx 8 weeks after I placed my order. I asked about the e-mail I received from Terry and was told "that was probably just a canned response that everyone gets to discourage repeat e-mails requesting delivery information"! WHAT? This is how they treat their customers!? They LIE to them?

I filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's office after I heard that Lorain County filed a lawsuit against GPS and placed them in receivership. I have visited the GPS site in Vermilion, OH since the lawsuit. I have been repeatedly told that GPS should "know something any day now" regarding the lawsuit. The AG's office however said GPS has not responded to the lawsuit as of the first week in March. I do not believe anything anyone at GPS tells me!

I have no problem waiting eight weeks for delivery of merchandise. I do have a problem when a company takes my money, does not confirm my order, does not reply to my REPEATED requests for order confirnation, does not respond to my legitimate concerns, and then LIES to me about the delivery of merchandise I have paid for.

2002-03-26

"From Toledo Ohio BBB:

Company Reliability Report

* NOT TO BE USED FOR SALES OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES *

BBB Reports are generally based on a firm's activities as reflected in Bureau files over the last three years. As a matter of policy, the BBB does not endorse any product, service, or company. Reports are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgement. BBB reports are subject to change at any time.

GPS Computer Service, Ltd
4550 Liberty Ave.
Vermilion, OH 44089
Tel: (877) 389-0949
Fax: (440) 967-2702

Principal: Ms. Jody A. Holmes, Vice President
Business Type: Computer & Electronics Services, Other

View Location Map

Jody Holmes is the Vice President. Jody Holmes is also the designated customer relations contact for the company.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a pattern of complaints. Complaints are concerning failure to deliver merchandise and refunds within promised time frames. The Bureau has received over 300 complaints regarding refund practices and delivery issues. The company has resolved most complaints presented by the Bureau; however, the Bureau did not receive a response to other complaints.

Additional Addresses

5679 Liberty Ave.
Vermilion, OH 44089

Government Actions

The Court of Common Pleas, Lorain County, Ohio has appointed Attorney Gino Pulito, Esquire as receiver for GPS. The company is prohibited from making further sales or taking new orders for products. Consumers who have paid this company for a product are encouraged to file a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General, on line at www.ag.state.oh.us, or by calling (800) 282-0515 for filing information. Consumers outside of Ohio may call (614) 466-8831.

On February 14, 2002, Ohio Attorney General Betty D. Montgomery filed a lawsuit against the company in Lorain County Common Pleas Court for "failure to deliver". The lawsuit asks the court to assess GPS a $25,000 civil penalty per violation and reimburse consumers.

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

Date written: 02/26/2002
Copyright 2002 BBB Serving NW Ohio & SE Mich., Inc.

2002-03-19

"horrible experience"

Share GPS Computer Services, LTD.'s store rating

GPS Computer Services, LTD. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GPS Computer Services, LTD. is not a merchant member
GPS Computer Services, LTD. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!