Stores > Gilt Groupe
  • Gilt Groupe

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Gilt Groupe by clicking a star below.
2016-02-26

Beware!

"I have been a Hugh gilt fan for years. I have spent way more than I should there. I recently ordered earrings from them. They arrived and to my dismay they were sapphire slices which was not disclosed in the items description. Of course customer service is not allowing a return. This is in fact illegal. I also cannot understand why they would choose to lose a customer rather than honor a return. Contacting my lawyer. Will never buy from again!"

2016-02-06

Do not buy from this site!!

"I made a number of orders from Gilt.com.
My general experience with them is that the website, as well as their customer service are both deceiving!! Items arrived differently than pictured/described, referral credits were promised and then not given, I was told by customer service information that was false, orders arrived defective, and they aren't helpful in dealing with issues after the fact! They took no responsibility for the defective or incorrect items they sent, and refused to provide a replacement, even when I offered to ship the defective/incorrect item back.
Besides the fact that the website is very expensive (the same items can be found cheaper elsewhere), they offer no shipping deals like most sites which offer free shipping over a certain amount. But my main disappointment was with my orders and how they (didn't) handle their own mistakes. Very disappointed, would not recommend!

2016-01-21

Save your money and save your time. Worst company ever.

"I purchased a bed and two dressers on Oct. 5th. The manufacturer alerted Gilt that the bed was on backorder but they didn't tell me until a week after I purchased the unreturnable items. The dressers were not on backorder but they lied to me and said they were to avoid extra shipping costs. I caught them in a bold faced lie so they finally gave in and shipped the dressers last month. The bed, now 4 months later is still not here. Their shipping company lost the bed and Gilt has wiped their hands of it. They won't give me a refund and I spent well over $3000. I changed my entire room to match these items and now I have half of a set I can't get my money back. I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and they LIED again and said they spoke to the shipping company and they will schedule a delivery. The shipping company said they just spoke to Gilt today and that they still haven't found the package and therefore cannot schedule a delivery. And to boot, the item number now says it's half king bed parts and half queen parts. Gilt said they don't know if that's really true or not and can't do anything about it. I'm still sleeping on the floor and Gilt has done nothing to help. They have the worst customer service ever and most of the time it takes 45 minutes or more to get a live person. SAVE YOURSELVES AND NEVER USE THEIR COMPANY. EVER. SO MANY OTHER GREAT SITES OUT THERE LIKE WAYFAIR for home goods. "

2016-01-04

"This site is advertised as a discount site (limited sizes, limited quantities, limited shipping etc) not consignment (gently used authentic items) so you can imagine my surprise when the 3,000 dollar Hermes bag I purchased arrived with red and black makeup stains inside and the bag was obviously used given the scratches on the leather outside. In addition the packaging did not include any Hermes box or canvas protective bag which has me questioning authenticity of item all together. I have contacted them and I don't know yet if they will refund me. I believe even a full refund does not make up for the false advertising and of course ruining a very special Christmas gift. Don't buy anything from them. Specially anything over 20 dollars (essentially anything you are not willing to part with as a loss) It's a shame. I'm sure illegal and consumers will not fall for this kind of abuse much longer. "

2015-11-30

"Shocking returns policy, essentially took my payment in the form of money and then didn't give it back to me when I didn't like the product. I returned the items as requested (losing the delivery fee) and then waited for my money, only to find much later it is sitting on the site as a credit ... now you don't get much more of a 1990's scam than that!"

2015-08-27

"very bad feedback. I placed an order and after two hours I find one item 80% cheaper on another website. I tried to cancel the order by all means and they told me they can not, although the order was shipped by them after a few days. I will never deal with them again.
look at their reply
Suzanne Kenny, Jul 30, 06:42:
Hi Watheq,

Thank you for reaching out.

I tried to cancel your 71246690, but was unable to do so. I no longer have the administrative ability to make modifications or cancellations to this order as it has already shipped from our warehouse and is now on its way to the international hub.

For future reference, please note that cancellations can typically only be made within the first 5 minutes of placing your order. To do so, please click on "My Account" and select "Orders", the option to modify or cancel it will appear next to the relevant order. You can cancel your order, by selecting "Cancel" here.

You can find out more about canceling your order here: http://www.gilt.com/support. I’m so sorry for any disappointment!

Should you ever need assistance for any future queries you can also contact us on Live Chat here - www.gilt.com/support.

Warm regards,
Suzanne
Customer Service Specialist

2015-08-12

"I bought two of WMF fry pan from Gilt. This pan has very bad design, when you cook, handle is warm or little hot in many other brands, but for this one, it's extremely hot in handle. Since it's not returnable, I try to stand for it until recently my hand got scalded really bad.
I want to return the other brand new one to get store credit, they just don't let me.

I think they should let WMF know this pan has this problem, people can easily got scalded by the handle, because it's "EXTREMELY HOT". It's a really bad design.

I am so disappointed at their services, I am a several years loyal customer since they started, and now I am not going to buy from them again. They lose a customer by a pan, what ironic it is.

2015-07-08

"Hi, I felt compelled to write a review as I am very happy with the service & products I have received from Gilt. It is an excellent place to purchase luxury goods at great prices. Sure they do not do returns, but they tell you this ahead of time when you actually order. In summary, if you want a great deal on a luxury item, it is the store for you."

2015-06-12

"Purchased the:
Design Craft
Hayden Table Lamp
Color:chrome finish

Six months after purchase the above item stopped working. Period. Treated it as a lamp: turned it on and off. That's it. On calling to complain they simply said it was purchased too long ago and offered their - apparently standard - $10 credit. Why on EARTH would I buy something ELSE from them? I'm sorry, but six months is simply too short a time for a lamp to stop working. Was it used? Refurbed? Cheap? Don't know, do know I expect more. Based on all the reviews I now read below, this is their modus operandi. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM THEY ARE NOT HONEST MERCHANTS AND DO NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCTS.

2015-05-19

"GUCCI FRAUD(?) SURE LOOKS LIKE IT!!!!”
5/18/15

Customer’s beware of making purchases on Gilt! This is my experience. I had purchased the Gucci Soho Leather purse in Off White $1338.95. The Gucci purse that was pictured on the Gilt website was the exact SAME picture that is on the Gucci website. The color on the Gucci website is also referred to as “Off White”. The purse that I received from Gilt was a Khaki/Putty(?) color and the stitching of the “signature” gucci “CC” was the same color. Please see the pictures. The purse should be an “off white” (almost white)color with light tan stitching. I emailed my compliant and pictures of comparison of the two purses and Gilt apparently CAN’T/does not want to see the difference. I requested a refund, it was denied, they said “final sale". The purse I purchased is not the one that is pictured on their website. I brought in the this Gilt “Gucci” purse to the Gucci store, they do not sell a color such as the one that Gilt sold me and does not look at all like the “off white” purse that they sell in their store. I contacted Gucci US and the ONLY websites that are authorized to sell Gucci products are Saks, Bergdorf, Neimans, Nordstrom and Net-a-Porter. This deception to their customers is shameful. And to say they can’t see a difference in the two purses when it’s been verified by the Designer themselves is deceitful. Gilt is not an honest company. I am thankful for social media to get the word out there, I’ve only just begun. What a nightmare, just to save $300, not worth it!! Sure wish I would have checked out SiteJabber first. No wonder Gilt has a 39% rating!!

2015-03-11

"GILT SHOPPERS BEWARE. GILT SELLS DEFECTIVE LIGHTING FIXTURES. YOU RECEIVE THE LIGHT FIXTURE, HIRE AN ELECTRICIAN AND THEN THE FIXTURE IS DEFECTIVE. THEY REFUSE TO REPLACE THE FIXTURE OR REIMBURSE YOU THE EXPENSE OF THE ELECTRICIAN! OBVIOUSLY THEY KNOW THEY ARE SELLING DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. WHY ELSE WOULD THEY NOT STAND BEHING THERE PRODUCT?"

2015-02-25

"DO NOT PURCHASE JEWELRY FROM GILT! The promo pictures do not accurately reflect the true value of the item and they do not stand behind their product. If you attempt to return it, they'll give you the run around and then tell you it is a "non refundable" item. I just wasted $1,000 on a necklace that is worth less than $100. I will NEVER ORDER from Gilt again and I strongly recommend others avoid being caught by their scam tactics. "

2015-02-15

"Ordered my item 23JAN2015 and waited patiently to see when it was shipped. 99% of items I've bought over the internet was shipped within 2-3 days.
So, I "inquired" in the CHAT:
Christine: Good morning Chris
Christine : I am checking on the status of my order
Christine : #67396870
Christine : ??
Chris: We've been delayed in receiving the items from the vendor, but we're making every attempt to get them ASAP - The Estimated delivery date has been pushed back to reflect this
Christine : But is this going to be "indefinite" delivery? Do I just "wait" until the vendor sends the item?
Christine : if so, is there a time-limit to cancel the order? I do want the item, but I don't want to wait until June, July, ....
Christine : hello?=================

Brody Hehir, Feb 2, 12:22:
Hi Christine,
Thank you for reaching out.
Id be happy to shed some light on why your order is taking longer than you anticipated. When an order is noted as having an extended delivery at checkout (noted on the product detail page also), it means that we do not have the stock readily available in our warehouse to ship your way. This is the case with some of our most coveted stock as the vendor only releases a certain amount of it for sale on demand.
Instead, we reach out to the relevant vendor to place the order. Once our warehouse receives the inventory we fulfill all orders from that sale. As you can imagine, this process can take a longer time to complete than if we had the items in our own hubs. Upon review of the order, I can confirm that the projected delivery period for your order is between Wed 2/11/15 to Tue 2/17/15.I hope that this clarifies the reason for the extended delivery, however, if you have any further questions on this, you can also contact us on live chat here- www.gilt.com/support
Warm regards,

I decided to email Gilt directly: AND RECEIVED A CANNED RESPONSE.....
Customer Service-I was chatting with Chris but he/she was alittle slow with the answers. So, I decided to contact Gilt via email. I emailed you earlier this month with the same question and received basically the same answer. Now I just want to know How long does a customer have to wait to receive their order? Indefinitely??
I would appreciate some type of acceptable response.--------
Hi Christine, Thank you for reaching out. We are currently experiencing an unexpected delay in receiving your merchandise from NuBrilliance, but expect to ship your order as soon as possible. Once your order ships, an email will be sent to the address on file containing a specific tracking link which you can use to follow the delivery to your door. Sadly due to this delay I would be unable to provide an exact or estimated delivery for you. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused! "

2015-02-13

"If you need an item by a certain date, do NOT order it from Gilt.com.

Items arrive much later than the stated estimated arrival date. Three of my latest (and last) purchases from them arrived 2 months late, 2 weeks late, and 2 weeks and counting (still not here). It seems to be particularly bad for any item from their home store.

2015-02-05

"I am a very good customer by Gilt and order lots of stuff, however unfortunately i am very disappointed with there customer service how they deal with there good excising customer. There was a great offer of 30% off which my friends saw when searching on Google for any promo code for gilt.
They all got the promo code and they never shopped there before. However i am a frequent customer and order lots of stuff there, and guess what i was not able to use the promo code, meaning they dont cherish there good customers, i found out there is so many offers given to people and not to there good customers. I was about to place a order and cancelled the entire order after this horrible customer service and finding out that they dont even cherish and value there customers.

Share Gilt Groupe's store rating

Gilt Groupe is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gilt Groupe is not a merchant member
Gilt Groupe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!