Stores > Gilt Groupe
  • Gilt Groupe

Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review Gilt Groupe by clicking a star below.
2016-01-04

"This site is advertised as a discount site (limited sizes, limited quantities, limited shipping etc) not consignment (gently used authentic items) so you can imagine my surprise when the 3,000 dollar Hermes bag I purchased arrived with red and black makeup stains inside and the bag was obviously used given the scratches on the leather outside. In addition the packaging did not include any Hermes box or canvas protective bag which has me questioning authenticity of item all together. I have contacted them and I don't know yet if they will refund me. I believe even a full refund does not make up for the false advertising and of course ruining a very special Christmas gift. Don't buy anything from them. Specially anything over 20 dollars (essentially anything you are not willing to part with as a loss) It's a shame. I'm sure illegal and consumers will not fall for this kind of abuse much longer. "

2015-11-30

"Shocking returns policy, essentially took my payment in the form of money and then didn't give it back to me when I didn't like the product. I returned the items as requested (losing the delivery fee) and then waited for my money, only to find much later it is sitting on the site as a credit ... now you don't get much more of a 1990's scam than that!"

2015-08-27

"very bad feedback. I placed an order and after two hours I find one item 80% cheaper on another website. I tried to cancel the order by all means and they told me they can not, although the order was shipped by them after a few days. I will never deal with them again.
look at their reply
Suzanne Kenny, Jul 30, 06:42:
Hi Watheq,

Thank you for reaching out.

I tried to cancel your 71246690, but was unable to do so. I no longer have the administrative ability to make modifications or cancellations to this order as it has already shipped from our warehouse and is now on its way to the international hub.

For future reference, please note that cancellations can typically only be made within the first 5 minutes of placing your order. To do so, please click on "My Account" and select "Orders", the option to modify or cancel it will appear next to the relevant order. You can cancel your order, by selecting "Cancel" here.

You can find out more about canceling your order here: http://www.gilt.com/support. I’m so sorry for any disappointment!

Should you ever need assistance for any future queries you can also contact us on Live Chat here - www.gilt.com/support.

Warm regards,
Suzanne
Customer Service Specialist

This review was modified by watheq on August 27 2015 07:39:44 AM

2015-08-12

"I bought two of WMF fry pan from Gilt. This pan has very bad design, when you cook, handle is warm or little hot in many other brands, but for this one, it's extremely hot in handle. Since it's not returnable, I try to stand for it until recently my hand got scalded really bad.
I want to return the other brand new one to get store credit, they just don't let me.

I think they should let WMF know this pan has this problem, people can easily got scalded by the handle, because it's "EXTREMELY HOT". It's a really bad design.

I am so disappointed at their services, I am a several years loyal customer since they started, and now I am not going to buy from them again. They lose a customer by a pan, what ironic it is.

This review was modified by Chocells on August 12 2015 01:19:50 PM

2015-07-08

"Hi, I felt compelled to write a review as I am very happy with the service & products I have received from Gilt. It is an excellent place to purchase luxury goods at great prices. Sure they do not do returns, but they tell you this ahead of time when you actually order. In summary, if you want a great deal on a luxury item, it is the store for you."

This review was modified by Lisag999 on July 08 2015 10:06:42 AM

2015-06-12

"Purchased the:
Design Craft
Hayden Table Lamp
Color:chrome finish

Six months after purchase the above item stopped working. Period. Treated it as a lamp: turned it on and off. That's it. On calling to complain they simply said it was purchased too long ago and offered their - apparently standard - $10 credit. Why on EARTH would I buy something ELSE from them? I'm sorry, but six months is simply too short a time for a lamp to stop working. Was it used? Refurbed? Cheap? Don't know, do know I expect more. Based on all the reviews I now read below, this is their modus operandi. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM THEY ARE NOT HONEST MERCHANTS AND DO NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCTS.

This review was modified by allisondbl on June 12 2015 05:04:32 PM

2015-05-19

"GUCCI FRAUD(?) SURE LOOKS LIKE IT!!!!”
5/18/15

Customer’s beware of making purchases on Gilt! This is my experience. I had purchased the Gucci Soho Leather purse in Off White $1338.95. The Gucci purse that was pictured on the Gilt website was the exact SAME picture that is on the Gucci website. The color on the Gucci website is also referred to as “Off White”. The purse that I received from Gilt was a Khaki/Putty(?) color and the stitching of the “signature” gucci “CC” was the same color. Please see the pictures. The purse should be an “off white” (almost white)color with light tan stitching. I emailed my compliant and pictures of comparison of the two purses and Gilt apparently CAN’T/does not want to see the difference. I requested a refund, it was denied, they said “final sale". The purse I purchased is not the one that is pictured on their website. I brought in the this Gilt “Gucci” purse to the Gucci store, they do not sell a color such as the one that Gilt sold me and does not look at all like the “off white” purse that they sell in their store. I contacted Gucci US and the ONLY websites that are authorized to sell Gucci products are Saks, Bergdorf, Neimans, Nordstrom and Net-a-Porter. This deception to their customers is shameful. And to say they can’t see a difference in the two purses when it’s been verified by the Designer themselves is deceitful. Gilt is not an honest company. I am thankful for social media to get the word out there, I’ve only just begun. What a nightmare, just to save $300, not worth it!! Sure wish I would have checked out SiteJabber first. No wonder Gilt has a 39% rating!!

This review was modified by michelle-33627 on May 19 2015 09:08:40 PM

2015-03-11

"GILT SHOPPERS BEWARE. GILT SELLS DEFECTIVE LIGHTING FIXTURES. YOU RECEIVE THE LIGHT FIXTURE, HIRE AN ELECTRICIAN AND THEN THE FIXTURE IS DEFECTIVE. THEY REFUSE TO REPLACE THE FIXTURE OR REIMBURSE YOU THE EXPENSE OF THE ELECTRICIAN! OBVIOUSLY THEY KNOW THEY ARE SELLING DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. WHY ELSE WOULD THEY NOT STAND BEHING THERE PRODUCT?"

2015-02-25

"DO NOT PURCHASE JEWELRY FROM GILT! The promo pictures do not accurately reflect the true value of the item and they do not stand behind their product. If you attempt to return it, they'll give you the run around and then tell you it is a "non refundable" item. I just wasted $1,000 on a necklace that is worth less than $100. I will NEVER ORDER from Gilt again and I strongly recommend others avoid being caught by their scam tactics. "

This review was modified by DanielleJones on February 25 2015 03:28:51 PM

2015-02-15

"Ordered my item 23JAN2015 and waited patiently to see when it was shipped. 99% of items I've bought over the internet was shipped within 2-3 days.
So, I "inquired" in the CHAT:
Christine: Good morning Chris
Christine : I am checking on the status of my order
Christine : #67396870
Christine : ??
Chris: We've been delayed in receiving the items from the vendor, but we're making every attempt to get them ASAP - The Estimated delivery date has been pushed back to reflect this
Christine : But is this going to be "indefinite" delivery? Do I just "wait" until the vendor sends the item?
Christine : if so, is there a time-limit to cancel the order? I do want the item, but I don't want to wait until June, July, ....
Christine : hello?=================

Brody Hehir, Feb 2, 12:22:
Hi Christine,
Thank you for reaching out.
Id be happy to shed some light on why your order is taking longer than you anticipated. When an order is noted as having an extended delivery at checkout (noted on the product detail page also), it means that we do not have the stock readily available in our warehouse to ship your way. This is the case with some of our most coveted stock as the vendor only releases a certain amount of it for sale on demand.
Instead, we reach out to the relevant vendor to place the order. Once our warehouse receives the inventory we fulfill all orders from that sale. As you can imagine, this process can take a longer time to complete than if we had the items in our own hubs. Upon review of the order, I can confirm that the projected delivery period for your order is between Wed 2/11/15 to Tue 2/17/15.I hope that this clarifies the reason for the extended delivery, however, if you have any further questions on this, you can also contact us on live chat here- www.gilt.com/support
Warm regards,

I decided to email Gilt directly: AND RECEIVED A CANNED RESPONSE.....
Customer Service-I was chatting with Chris but he/she was alittle slow with the answers. So, I decided to contact Gilt via email. I emailed you earlier this month with the same question and received basically the same answer. Now I just want to know How long does a customer have to wait to receive their order? Indefinitely??
I would appreciate some type of acceptable response.--------
Hi Christine, Thank you for reaching out. We are currently experiencing an unexpected delay in receiving your merchandise from NuBrilliance, but expect to ship your order as soon as possible. Once your order ships, an email will be sent to the address on file containing a specific tracking link which you can use to follow the delivery to your door. Sadly due to this delay I would be unable to provide an exact or estimated delivery for you. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused! "

This review was modified by navywife0219 on February 15 2015 10:20:30 AM

2015-02-13

"If you need an item by a certain date, do NOT order it from Gilt.com.

Items arrive much later than the stated estimated arrival date. Three of my latest (and last) purchases from them arrived 2 months late, 2 weeks late, and 2 weeks and counting (still not here). It seems to be particularly bad for any item from their home store.

This review was modified by lahmed on February 13 2015 10:47:10 AM

2015-02-05

"I am a very good customer by Gilt and order lots of stuff, however unfortunately i am very disappointed with there customer service how they deal with there good excising customer. There was a great offer of 30% off which my friends saw when searching on Google for any promo code for gilt.
They all got the promo code and they never shopped there before. However i am a frequent customer and order lots of stuff there, and guess what i was not able to use the promo code, meaning they dont cherish there good customers, i found out there is so many offers given to people and not to there good customers. I was about to place a order and cancelled the entire order after this horrible customer service and finding out that they dont even cherish and value there customers.

This review was modified by Bremily on February 05 2015 12:33:10 PM

2015-02-04

"This place is a rip off. I recently found a dress for my wife. It was $69 from originally $120 - great right? Wrong! Shopping and handling was $38! I emailed customer service with item and first response was that wasn't unreasonable for large or items that needed to be assembled. I restated that it was a dress that weighed 2 lbs and coming from US. They just said they will look into it and for ME to check back in a few days to see if price changed. A few days later I checked back on another dress and was $68.50 for S&H for a $40 dress. Look at done print - this place is Unethical and trying to con third buyers in buying low cost items but screwing them on S&H charges. "

This review was modified by Rchoff96 on February 04 2015 05:48:36 PM

2015-02-03

"Horrible company structure and policies. Bought a pair of 7 for all mankind jeans and they were fake. But can only do in store credit even though they sent me fake sevems. There isnt any company integrity, just stick with zappos or Nordstrom. "

This review was modified by Waltdizzle on February 03 2015 11:55:16 AM

2015-01-13

"As other reviews echo, this company has hands down the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of any online company out there. They sent my item to the WRONG address and then told me I should reach out to whoever lived at that address and ask for the package... ?!?!?! They completely refused to refund the product. I only wish I could give them zero stars.

STAY AWAY from Gilt

(it also took over a month for the item to be shipped... to the wrong address)

This review was modified by marhar2020 on January 13 2015 05:07:41 PM

Share Gilt Groupe's store rating

Gilt Groupe is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gilt Groupe is not a merchant member
Gilt Groupe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!