Stores > Gilt Groupe

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Gilt Groupe by clicking a star below.
2014-09-29

"Gilt 's final sale stuff didn't provide any warranty of the product, but their description did not mention about it, after you place an order, you can't cancel it, If you call the customer services, they will blabla a lot but do nothing about it. I think they are lier, the behave is cheating, I will suggest everyone for looking this review, Not buy anything on Gilt"

2014-09-15

"Sent my shoes in other address and in system say Item received ;( contact them but no answer yet and no money back.Very very bad site, I buy on-line for many many years now but never happened a situation like this :( "

2014-09-06

"Absolutely the worst customer service I have experienced thus far. I bought a $2K bag. Their stock photo was washed out but the color was described as beige. It ended up being light grey. I sent them photos, but their customer service agents insisted the info was accurate and refused the return. I will never purchase a final sale item from this site again."

Northeast
2014-08-26

"MOST UNTRUSTWORTHY COMPANY EVER!!
I wish I had seen SiteJabber or Reseller before buying from this company. They are very dishonest. As other posters have indicated they engage in false and misleading product description. They only communicate with you via email and the customer DIS-service reps are completely non-responsive. They have refused to accept a return of the product, and further even refused to provide the information to allow me to contact a manager when I requested the information so that I could escalate my complaint to a higher level. If their products were good and if the description was legitimate, why wouldn't they accept a return and resell the product? Likely the sad reality is that their descriptions are so dishonest and the actual product delivered is so over priced that they can only make sales by engaging in mafia tactics.
Based on this product description:
"Astor Sofa Set:
Set of two sofas
Durable powder-coated cast aluminum frame construction"
I purchased the product. What they delivered was 2 halves of one sofa which have to be connected by with a clip to create one sofa. Their rep said 'each piece is a sofa.' Apparently according to Gilt math, 2x .5 = 2. If I could give them ZERO stars I would. I encourage everyone to report them to the NY Attorney General's Office where the company is based and then to your state's DA office. When enough complaints build-up they will be investigated and hopefully shut down.
My advice to you: Don't shop there. The false production description will mislead you into buying over-priced products which you can find elsewhere at MUCH cheaper prices.

2014-07-21

"Terrible company who lies about the product. I was promised tickets for a Yankee game that I bought for my mother's 75th birthday. The game was rained out...The gilt.com Representative assured us that we could go to a game in the 2014 season. NOW they are denying us the tickets. I even have an email from Jon Andres( their rep) stating we could get another game in 2014. BUYER BEWARE!! They took $300 from us and we never got to go to the game. They shouldn't even get 1 star. Donna"

2014-07-18

"Bad experience after ordering thousands of dollars of merchandise. Never again! Bought a pair of Rick Owens boots in size 46 men's. The boots I received were in a box marked 46, but the boots themselves were marked as 40.5. I couldn't even get them on my feet. The Gilt reps said they would "be happy to refund my money" and "put me on a waiting list" for another pair. Yeah. B.F.D. They just suck -- no accountability, no taking the extra step to keep a customer happy (and a customer who, in this example, they completely screwed up on). I'e asked them to remove me from their mailing list and delete my account. I will never waste my time ordering from them again."

2014-07-15

"Having ordered a couch from Gilt, I have had one of the worst experiences actually receiving a product from an ecommerce store.

The order referenced below was a month and a half late (which meant I had nowhere to sit) for that time period. Not only that, but I could not get a clear answer from Gilt on when the delivery would occur and continued to reach out. Estimates I would get were consistently wrong. At a certain point when the delivery was already a month late, I was told that apparently the item had not even shipped and that now Gilt would look into it.

Then, when I was told that the item had arrived in NYC and I would be contacted by a local delivery agent shortly, I did not hear from them for about 10 days. I called them myself many times and the call would never be picked or returned.

Then today, I received a call at 9 AM saying that the delivery people were downstairs. No warning, nothing. I was not home but since I have been waiting for the delivery for months at this point, we agreed that the delivery people would wait 20 minutes for me to get back. The delivery people were gone by the time I got there 20 minutes later and would not pick up the phone. They then came back an hour later and called me from downstairs to deliver the couch. My building generally requires me to schedule deliveries ahead of time, so I had to break the building rules to accept the delivery.

This is not the level of service I expect from Gilt and this was very disappointing.

2014-07-02

"Gilt is the worst e-commerce website i've ever experienced! The product picture onsite is very nice but it's not 100% same as actual one and it's really over priced!. And the poor return policy is the worst on the earth! I said i can pay for the postage but they still didn't accept which i don't understand at all. It's just a waste of money to purchase anything from their site!"

2014-05-19

"Horrible customer service. Their online support is a joke, they take forever to respond and all they do is regurgitate what's on the site. 30 days to process my order... seriously? And they're unapologetic about it. In today's market of customer service, Gilt is woefully behind compared to it's competition. DO NOT BUY FROM GILT!

2014-03-07

"Buyers beware!! It's a scam... They advertise the wrong items. Assured me it was a dress, and showing as shipping a skirt. Pictures showing a dress and customer service confirmed it was a dress before i paid and after i paid i was told it is in fact a skirt. I told them thats not what i ordered and i dont need a skirt and I just found out they can`t cancel the order. Customer service is the worst. Their supervisor, Patrick, couldn't get me off the phone soon enough. He needed proof and asked to send him pictures. Here is the correspondence:
Mar 05 15:43:

Patrick,
Per our conversation, please look at the pictures below. What I committed on purchasing and was assured was what it's showing in the later pictures. The zesty orange dress as shown in the last pictures. The description says skirt but I was assured in fact that was a dress. I believe the skirt is what is shown in the first three pictures. The description on that one is Crepe Colorblock Sheath which is what I was assured I was buying. Please advise! Thank you

Lisa, Mar 06 07:33:

Thank you for contacting Gilt.

It would appear the item in your order is the skirt and not the dress. We would of course be happy to accept a full return on this if it is not what we advised you! I can also see the sheath dress was in your cart. I have reserved this for you for a further 72 hours.

to Gilt
Lisa,
i spoke to Patrick yesterday (was told he was the supervisor) and he asked me to email the pictures over. Patrick has all the background info. I would like to get the dress I was promised I was buying when I submitted my order. I did not purchase a skirt. I even called to make sure it was a dress and was assured it was. You guys need to figure this out and send me the item i was told i was getting. Patrick told me you don`t sell the dress and needed the pictures to verify that you do in fact have the dress. I would like to get what I saw on your website and what i was promised I was going to get when I called in to confirm, the dress!! I have been spending too many hours dealing with this. Somebody messed up the pictures but that isn't my problem. Patrick asked me to send the pics over to prove it and as discussed with him, I did. I`m not interested in the skirt, and that is not what i saw when i purchased it. I spent 10 mins on the phone before placing the purchase and was assured that it was in fact a dress. Again, I`m not interested in the skirt, i would like to receive the item I was promised, which is the dress. I have been very patient but it sounds like I`m getting the same standard answer. Patrick promised me that he would look at the pictures once and get this figured out once he saw you have the dress, and now im getting the same standard response back. This is unacceptable. I have been nice and patient so far and waiting on your resolution before i escalate this further.... Thank you!

Anna Mar 07 10:30:

Thank you for contacting Gilt.

I attempted to cancel your order, but was unable to do so. We no longer have the administrative ability make modifications or cancellations to this order. Please note that cancellations can typically only be made within the first 5 minutes of placing your order.

On this occasion I would be happy to make a one time exception for you to return your skirt for a full refund. For future reference, please note that we do not accept returns on items when they are final sale. Please visit https://www.gilt.com/account/return and we will prompt you to print a complimentary USPS shipping label. Once we receive the package in our warehouse, please allow 3-5 business days for us to issue your refund.

2014-02-23

"This is a rip-off business model. They start with crap that couldn't be sold on the worst sale rack, and mark these $5 items for just under $200. Then they fill the site with $1000 and $4000 items to set the tone of a super-premium site. Nobody buys the pricey stuff, of course, but they move that $5 stuff quickly. It sells because they wont let you see a close up, and you are misled into thinking its good stuff. When you return it, they keep your money, forever! they call it Gilt credits, which btw takes them about 6 weeks to post to their site. The business model is basically to rob people of all their cash, while only offering Gilt credit in exchange. Its a wonderfully carefully crafted form of FRAUD and THEFT! And its legal, b/c you sign a contract that agrees to it in order to use the site. Legal FRAUD ...amazing. "

2014-01-16

"Good luck trying to return an item!"

2013-12-02

"i ordered an extremely expensive bag, it arrived heavily creases. their return policy states if something is damaged the item can be returned. their idea of damage is a rip or tear not heavy creases in the leather. i paid for a brand new bag that looks used."

2013-11-15

"A bunch of FRAUDS! Just repeating what others have said. HORRIBLE website and customer service. Avoid by all means.

They sent me a WRONG item. When raised the issue, was told that I can only receive a credit and not a refund (for their mistake)!!! After a few back and forth with their customer service, I had to call and get a supervisor. Was told to return the item and a month after I returned the item, I still have not received their refund yet. Upon checking their website, I noticed that my return has been expired!!!

A bunch of loosers who don't understand that this is the era of Amazon and other online retailers with decent customer service.

2013-10-25

"New EXTREMELY STRICT Return Policy

BEWARE!!! I have spent over $5,000 with Gilt in the past year because the company has always had good products, good prices, and great customer service. NO LONGER. The company has recently changed its return policy so that there are absolutely no exceptions for returns . . . even if the item runs too small or too large, or has an incomplete or inaccurate description. No exceptions, which is an inherently bad policy for an online merchant where customers are unable to try items on beforehand.

Share Gilt Groupe's store rating

Gilt Groupe is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gilt Groupe is not a merchant member
Gilt Groupe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!