Stores > Groupon

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.07/10 6.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.49/10 6.49/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.85/10 5.85/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.82/10 5.82/10
Voice your opinion! Review Groupon by clicking a star below.
2017-05-22

Groupon has been INCREDIBLE-

"I had a Groupon that the merchant did not accept- not the fault of Groupon. The merchant was disorganized and the employees did not know how to cash the Groupon in. I first "chatted" with a Groupon employee on line and they were quick to respond and researched the problem. Within minutes I had the problem solved. Groupon gave me Groupon bucks and I was able to purchase another Groupon- Thank you!"

2017-05-21

senior citizen mistake quickly fixed

"I mistakenly clicked the button saying I had redeemed online purchase. Used chat and groupon rep understood issue and quickly reversed my error and explained how I had to proceed. Transaction was then properly completed and very happy with purchase."

customer service specialists

"they are always very helpful should any problems arise with using a groupon. Awesome deals on food massages etc. Don't save much on good though unless you don't know prices and don't care. I've learned over the years, before purchasing a deal, check online first or call company directly to find hours that are going to work with your schedule for massages and the like then purchase deal. "

Do Not buy a phone!

"We bought an iPhone for $300. Got it the end of January. Activated it in February. It died completely the end of April. Apple store said, it's hardware issues. Probably not refurbished right. Groupon said, too bad, it's been over 14 days."

2017-05-20

Horrible service

"I should note that this is the first time Group On has made this kind of error: shipping to the wrong address. However, it was such a grueling process to find any resolution, that I will never again order from them. It took hours of telephone calls (on hold for 57" with one), e-mail "chats", and two (unnecessary, I found out later) trips to two different post offices.

They delivered it to the wrong address (not one I'd given). The resident "refused" and the delivery person returned it to USPS. GROUP-ON, HOWEVER, SHOWED THE PACKAGE AS "DELIVERED". USPS thought I might be able to catch the package before it was returned, but it had already been returned. I could not find any way on the GroupOn site to see my shipping address (unless I purchased a new item), but the person I "chatted" with on-line told me he had corrected it. He had no explanation for why all previous GroupOn items were correctly sent, but this one wasn't. Eventually, after the laborious process of "chatting", the GroupOn Rep agreed to refund the (large) amount to my credit card instead of, as he first noted, giving me "GroupOn Dollars" to use on future purchases. Also, even though I'd notified them in 2016 of my late husband's death in late 2015, this package was addressed to him. (The GroupOn Account is in my name as is my Credit Card, and his name's appearance went unexplained.)

So, spare yourself the hassle and avoid GroupOn.

Groupon Customer Support a Farce

"I haven't been made aware of any resolution.

The problem is that:

1- I already paid for the Groupon & purchased during a promotion for a $10 discount. This was for a Groupon for $33 for two gel manicures and there was a $10 discount on the day I purchased it.

2-I was online chatting w/ a Groupon customer service employee for over an hour, as there were no vouchers on my Groupon app. He emailed me the voucher.

3-The merchant was unable to Scan/validate the voucher as it kept coming up as used.

4- I called Groupon customer support and was told that they would credit my Groupon account for me to re-purchase it so the merchant could validate the voucher. I express to the customer service representative that I did not feel comfortable repurchasing something I had already purchased and that he, should be able to resolve this. I was assured my account would not be charged and that he was sending me a link and to "buy it again" then show new voucher to the merchant so they can verify it & get paid. I did that and the merchant redeemed my voucher. When I checked my bank account an hour later I see my Bank of America account was charged $33 for Groupon.

5-I then received an email saying that Groupon has credited me $23 that I would need to use within 24 hours, however, I already had re-purchased the Groupon and the merchant has already scanned the barcode & redeemed the voucher.

So now I have been charged $43 for a Groupon that should've only been $23. Your employee, Eli, lied to me when he said my Bank of America account would not be charged, and then it in fact was charged another $33. And now you are crediting me $23 to my Groupon acct after charging my Bank of America account $33 & sending me a voucher, which the merchant has already validated as redeemed, therefore making the voucher worthless! I want $33 credited to my bank of America account. I could care less about a $23 credit in my Groupon as this has been a very terrible experience.

I have spent now 4 hours trying to get this resolved. The below email saying you "were glad to resolve my issue" is not true as this issue is NOT resolved and I will be happy to report this in the review you request me to give if this does not get resolved.

Please contact me ASAP regarding getting this resolved once and for all.

Christine Kohut

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPad

On May 19, 2017, at 9:11 PM, Groupon Customer Support wrote:

⇧ Write Your Reply Above ⇧
Hello,

We’re so glad we could resolve your issue today!

We’d love to hear your feedback on Groupon services and products. You can write us a review by visiting ResellerRatings or Viewpoints.

Thanks again for shopping Groupon!

All the best,

Your friends at Groupon

This email is a service from Groupon.

Bad Service & Scam

"I paid for a voucher for $100 off of a new windshield. Called the shop to get a quote, they told me it would be around $295 taxes in. Called back a few weeks later to get another quote from the same shop but didn't mention my groupon, and the lady said it would be $300 for a windshield. I told Groupon my concern and they said all I can do is use it or give it to a friend. Why would I want to bestow such a horrible gift on someone else!"

NOT customer centric

"Poor customer support. Bad outcome for me and no one cares."

2017-05-18

No control of quality

"I wanted to take advantage of a deal on massages. Since it's been years since I've had one, I knew I was taking a chance using Groupon. The pricing was too tempting so I jumped in. With my work and personal time grabbing much of the daylight hours I decided to email the business about making an appointment and I asked a few questions. About 10 days later I remembered that I hadn't gotten a response to the email. I waited another 10 days as a test of their customer service and then emailed them again. Neither email bounced. No response. Then I got busy and forgot.

Yesterday I "chatted" with Groupon because that's the only way I found to communicate with them. I didn't want my money back, I asked for a Groupon credit so I could use a different business. They said no, without hesitation. They said the "deal" required that I call the business and therefore no credit. Well, I looked at the ad and nowhere does it list a phone number. Nowhere does it say anything about calling. They only say I'm required to make an appointment. Their website is at the bottom. Nothing on the information screen. Nothing on the purchase screen.

So now I'm stuck. I lost the deal. The only thing I can do is use the money I paid to go toward the standard charge at a business I don't want to use. If they don't answer emails, what kind of service will they provide? I did drive by today and it's a hole in the wall business. Only open when they have a customer. Only by appointment and it seems they don't have many. OK, I judging from the outside looking at an old, poorly lit business in need of an upgrade. Maybe it sparkles on the inside.

Not planning to use Groupon except they do still have my money ....

2017-05-18

Not Worth It

"I recently purchased a package to have my windows tinted on my car. When I called to schedule the appointment, the guy stated that through Groupon there was no warranty on it. I was concerned about this, so he recommended I canceled the Groupon. (He told me that they don't get the money from Groupon until services are rendered.) So I reached out to Groupon about canceling this transaction. They told me that local deals can't be canceled. Not happy and won't be purchasing ANYTHING through Groupon again! "

2017-05-17

Bad Customer Service

"I had bought a groupon for a restaurant that closed down. After contacting groupon for a refund of $7.00 they said "they will work on it". For the next 2 weeks they periodically sent emails stating they are still working on it. How much time do they need to work on it?? It is clear the restaurant is no longer in business. They finally gave me the option of groupon bucks or they will keep working on it. I took the groupon bucks, unbeknownst they expired in 24 hours! That is certainly what I call poor customer service. They should put the customer first and then work it out with the business if they need to. Unfortunately groupon has gone downhill "

2017-05-16

Groupon sold me gift card for a restaurant that is not in business and....

"refunded only after I complained and guess what? They seem to have done me a huge favor:

"Typically 3 days after purchase, all sales are considered final. However, because we have confirmed that this business is unresponsive, I am able to make an exception to this policy.
I've just canceled this order and issued a $16.00 refund, the full amount you spent, in Groupon Bucks"

Groupon bucks!!! really!!! some nerves this business has......

2017-05-16

Great support

"Groupon has consistently provided exceptional customer support. In this most recent issue a Groupon I bought was somehow marked "redeemed" and I was unable to print the voucher. After searching my house for the voucher and asking all members of the family I came up empty. Perhaps I did print them but I couldn't find them. I contacted customer support and they quickly resolved the issue and I was able to print the voucher. SO grateful and appreciative!"

2017-05-15

Problem with voucher, clueless Customer Support

"Groupon probably should not have assumed that my issue was resolved when it really wasn't. Not a good idea to ask me to review when you dropped the ball. The vouchers that I bought did not work at the site that I went to. I contacted your tech pport who said that they would cancel them and send me replacements within an hour. After a week of waiting I didn't get anything so I contacted you again. The rep who replied gave me a completely different story, as did the next one. Still not resolved. Good job, guys."

2017-05-15

Last Minute Change of Plans

"We had a last minute unavoidable change of plans which caused us to miss our previously booked, beyond the cancellation date, Groupon Hotel Stay. Sean and Paul from customer service went above and beyond to work with the hotel so that we were given a credit, versus losing quite a bit of money. Kudos to Sean and Paul and the Groupon customer service!!"

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!