Stores > Groupon

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.54/10 5.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.14/10 6.14/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.25/10 5.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.26/10 5.26/10
Voice your opinion! Review Groupon by clicking a star below.
2017-07-09

What Customer Service?

"Recently had to contact CS about a problem, 1st email--(right away), we reed your email and generally respond w/i 24 hours. 2nd email--(3 days later), we record your email and are looking into the problem. Will get back to you w/i 24hrs. 3rd email--(4 days after that, so 7 days total so far), sorry but the tickets you wanted are sold out. OK, that stinks, but my question was about why I couldn't buy 2 tickets when the deal clearly stated that there was a limit of 6. So, I responded to email #3 with that info. 4th email--(right away), we reed your email and generally respond w/i 24 hours. 5th email--(48 hours later), sorry for the inconvenience, check your browser, etc. (a generic, canned response). What a load of crap. So, using my UP-TO-DATE BROWSER, I deleted Group-On from all my devices. At least that was a very satisfying experience.

2017-07-09

poor customer service!

"A groupon was posted to my account twice and I was charged twice. I did NOT purchase this Groupon twice. Despite repeated emails to customer service, they refused to refund my $9 and would only give me a credit that must be used within 24 hours. It was not enough for me to continue to argue with Groupon, but they have lost a loyal customer. I will look for discounts through other services."

Chat support is useless

"I was forced to chat instead of talking to a person when I had a question about the possibility of cancelling a reservation and whether or not they would reimburse or make me purchase vouchers. I must have repeated st least 5 times in the short interaction that I didn't want to cancel and they still did it anyways. I got an email later saying they were glad they could resolve my issue when they did absolutely nothing but tell me sorry, the deal is no longer available. "

2017-07-07

So easy to work with customer service

"I'm very pleased with my customer service experience. I accidentally ordered a Groupon for a hair salon out of state (oops). I sent one email explaining what I did and requested a refund. No need for back and forth emails, the customer service rep processed my refund immediately. Thank you Groupon for making this such an easy experience! Now to go buy another Groupon..."

They rip you off

"Ok, this one's going to be little heavy and not something I would normally do. But Groupon, company and service I have trusted many, many times. Is ripping me off. Paid $338.31 for a 2 night stay at a hotel. They took my money. And on their site immediately told me there was an error on their end and it didn't go through... They still TOOK THE MONEY. When I complained to their "customer service" ugh "live chat", the only option they have, you can't call them on the phone. They told me it was an "authorization charge" for the entire amount of the purchase?!?... What were they authorizing if supposedly nothing was purchased. I believe this is a clear a present scheme to fraud people and hold their money, many times never paying it back. This is so wrong, evil and I know a lot of people out there have had the same experience with this company. It's time to call them out. Groupon you are officially exposed for the rip off artists you are.

Sinserely,
Ex-Customer

First and Last Time

"Bought a Groupon for a haircut in April but neither I nor Groupon was able to reach the merchant and they offered me a refund after many calls back and forth trying to escalate the issue. The refund came one day and was taken back away from my account on the same day. I've been in contact with Groupon for months after this purchase trying to get my refund back and they still haven't done so. Not sure how many phone calls (back before they got rid of customer service on the phone), chats, and e-mails I've done these past few months (it's now July) to try and get a simple refund."

Good customer service

"Months ago I bought a Groupon for a local restaurant, which has since closed down. I got an immediate response from Groupon when I reported it and got a credit in my Groupon account a few days later for the
price I paid.

Printing groupons

"Your site wont allow me to tell you"

Return labels

"I had to contact customer service five times before they finally sent me return labels. Don't understand why they can't set everything straight in the first place. "

2017-07-05

Would t send me mailing label

"I don't have a printer and FedEx printers were down, I asked Groupon to mail me a mailing label and they said so sorry we can't mail you one. How rude of customer service!!!"

2017-07-05

Great customer service!

"The coupon code for $5 off $20 didn't work for me. I called customer service and was given a $5 credit on my account. No muss, no fuss. EASY!"

2017-07-04

Received refund

"I accidentally purchased a deal with an expired card. The thing is the deal had an extra $10 off. They gave me the refund the first time but forgot to apply the extra $10 off, so I contacted them again, and they resolved my issue immediately."

2017-07-04

always refund

"even my groupons were expired always refund"

2017-07-03

They think we can't do math.

"Groupon offered me a code for 20% off, then when I went to check out it said 20% off but the total it took off was 5%. I imagine they thought I wouldn't notice, and I bet most people don't. I happen to be good at math and I pay attention. I bet they get away with this all day long and it's steal thousands from people."

2017-07-03

Poor Customer Service

"I've used Groupon certificates for years and have always been happy with them...till now. I recently purchased a Groupon for an Inn in PA. Normally I would click on the deal and print a copy of the certificate to present to the front desk at check in. But this deal had no button to click, no certificate to print, so I emailed customer service. Days later I received an email which read: "We’re so glad we could resolve your issue today!" ?? So I wrote back explaining my situation again - where is the confirmation certificate?? Today I get a response explaining how to change my email address on their website. Obviously, no one is really reading the customer support emails - just sending canned responses and hoping for the best! In 2 days I'll be checking into the Inn. Sure hope they have my reservation and take my word that it's paid for! Just not happy with this poor customer service!

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!