Stores > Home Depot

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.78/10 0.78/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Home Depot by clicking a star below.
2017-09-06

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"For anyone that shops at The Home Depot I want you all to know what a terrible customer service this company has.
They were having an online sale on 5 gallons buckets of primer $15 off so I ordered 2. For whatever reason they shipped them to the Manhattan, KS store, even though the website showed my home store as Wichita, KS. When I checked my order and seen they were going to the Manhattan store, I contacted Home Depot customer service, via chat and was told I would have to wait for them to be delivered and contact the store manager. I contacted our store locally and was told basically too bad, because the store in Manhattan would not ship them, they claimed hazardous materials, even though they were shipped to the Manhattan store. They were kind enough to return my money, and said I could reorder them at the regular price. Seriously.... I would have to say I don't think I have experienced such terrible customer service in a long time.
From now on Menard's and Lowe's Home Improvement will be getting my money.

2017-09-03

Online order pick up at store fails repeatedly.

"Every time I try to buy online and pick up at store, their system confirms that the product is in-stock and completes my order. Then, after driving across town to pick up the item, I'm told that they are out of stock. If I place an order to be delivered to my house, the delivery time is usually two weeks. I'm really tired of trying to do business with these people. "

2017-09-02

Great customer service

"My wife bought me tool chest for my 50th birthday today and paid over $500 for it. When I went to pick it up it was damaged. When they brought it up to customer pick up they were not happy they didn't have another one in stock. So to make it right they gave me a higher priced tool chest for the same price. Oh yeah the one she bought was 41 inch they gave me a 52 inch. That was a big surprise. Way to go home Depot. That was GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. That's why we shop at home Depot they also take care of us and our home needs"

2017-08-29

One size doesn't fit all

" We had a remodel done a couple of years ago in our kitchen by Home Depot. We even applied for and received their card along with a "24 month interest free promotion". This past Saturday, we happened to be in Lowe's where my wife saw two bathroom vanities she liked and they were also on sale. On a lark we asked management if we could get at a 36 month interest promotion if we did the complete project with Lowe's. Answer, "YES" So we went over to Home Depot. Bottom line is after talking with several people in Customer Service and the Credit Department the answer was a resounding "NO"! In addition, Home Depot only has ReBath of Delaware as their service provider for bathrooms. We are planning to put in a free standing tub. ReBath doesn't install them. How can a business sell a product but fail to have a service provider to install the product? We love our kitchen from Home Depot. Wish I could tell you in a few months that we love our bathroom as well."

2017-08-27

Will Not Honor Military Discount for Online Orders

"Highly Disappointed that Home Depot will not honor Military Discount for Online Orders"

2017-08-26

Will NEVER set foot in home depot again

"Purchases a GE washer that was DOA. Home depot said I could reurn it for a 15% restocking fee. They said they would arrange a service call ONE WEEK from now. We wated that week and no one came. When we called to find why no one came an appliance manager was belligerent promissed to call back with details, but never did. I finally resolved the issue with GE myself with no help or service from HD.
Since HD doest value me as a customer, I will take my business myself.

2017-08-25

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE APPLIANCE HERE!! TERRIBLE WEBSITE, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"BUYER BEWARE!! I purchased a refrigerator online from Home Depot. Within 24 hours, I found there was a dent on the refrigerator, I immediately contacted them the following day and asked for a return. My tenant was moving in two days later and I cannot wait for another 2 weeks for the replacement. To my surprise, they do NOT accept return of an unused appliance which was delivered LESS THAN 24 hours ago. I was transferred from their main "appliance hotline" to my local store, then I was told that they had to contact the manufacurer then get back to me. I had to spend over an hour on the phone just trying to get an unused refrigerator returned. A few hours back, I got a call from Home Depot telling me that I cannot return the defective refrigerator. They can only offer a service call to replace the dented door, which will be 6-8 weeks away. If I had known that I cannot even return a defective product (unused), I would not have ordered it from HD. Now I know, and I will NEVER order anything from them again! BTW, they deleted my review on the website because you cannot write anything negative about their customer service in the review per their guideline! "

2017-08-21

Misleading Sales/Terrible Customer Care

"Estimator mislead on who was doing the work, and customer care was rude and condescending."

2017-08-20

Worse service in USA

"Last year we changed all the doors and windows in our house. The project cost more than $35,000.00. We are still dealing with them to finish off the project due to the installation service being incredibly bad. City Inspectors cannot pass the inspection. Since then nobody cares after they collected the money. We been sending messages to home Depot and calling the 1 800 # yet no solution. They have sent different contractors three times to solve the problem taking the doors and or some windows out and putting them back in without solving the problem. They make the appointment with the Inspectors to come and the contractors don't show up for the Inspection. Or they call for the inspection but they don't call me and tell me that the inspectors are coming so I can be there to open the house. It has been almost one year and we are still with some window parts in our living room without been install, because they don't pass the Inspection. At this point I think my only solution will be a legal act, because not even managers care about the service that they give to us. I'm even thinking to report them in Customer Service Bureau. "

2017-08-19

Terrible

"I've had a terrible experience during my first visit at Home Depot located in Matthews, North Carolina. I had already bought a twin mattress from a store, and was looking to buy a nice bed frame. I was recommended from friends and family to go to Home Depot, which was the worst mistake I've made so far. We ordered the bed frame and built it twice. Following that we went to the store to check about a screw because it turns out that a few were missing. Unfortunately, the screws weren't available. Following that, I decided to enquire about the top wooden piece of the bed frame. After a few minutes at customer service it turned out that they delivered it incomplete, and it would take another 2 weeks to deliver. So I had to un-do the entire bed frame and return it, making it the third time to assemble the bed."

2017-08-14

"Lost" 2, Toto Toilet shipments!

"I ordered a Toto Ultramax toilet from Home Depot.com. The item was in stock and gave me a delivery date for "ships to store", 10 days out. I ordered, it shipped the next day and then I waited, and waited, and waited. Called the Auburn, Ca store 2 weeks later, where it should've been delivered. They contacted the shipper, Estes, and advised that the toilet was lost. They reordered. Great, right? No.... the identical thing happened on the second one. I canceled after 2 weeks and a date that just kept moving out. What a nightmare, I won't be ordering from HD again!"

2017-08-12

Buy and use a local appliance store

"You may save a little money buying an appliance at Home Depot but you'll waste a lot of time that is far more valuable on hold with customer service and waiting for the delivery. Home Depot uses a third party for delivery (GE) who then uses another 3rd party to deliver ( in my case Spirit Delivery). Pay a little more and have a less headaches. .Stove was never deliveried today and to avoid more time being wasted wI'll be canceling order and going elsewhere."

2017-08-10

Rude Sales Associates

"I went to this store to buy appliances and carpet, I was able to purchase appliances but they over charged me, when I went through receipt I found they over charged me by 126.00 on my credit card, I called to find out why. supervisor stated that he would replace the money, I then went to carpet department, the associates are more worried about lunch and being rude, I also let their supervisor know, I did let her know that if her people do not want to work then they should leave. She let me know that I would not fine a better deal on Carpet, she was wrong Lowe's is having the same advertisement on free installation and their people are very helpful and friendly I am sorry I did not get my appliances from them. I will never refer any of my friends or family to HOME DEPOT."

2017-08-09

Online order delivery

"We ordered a refrigerator online from Home Depot. We had a delivery date set for the next week. We had an email confirmation that they were going to deliver it that day and at a spicific time. The time came and went with no delivery, so we called Home Depot and were told that the delivery was attempted. That wasn't true because we had been home all day. Then they said that they had tried to call Us to verify the delivery but that there was no answer. The phone number they had for us was an old number that was no longer in service however on the delivery instructions we gave them a phone number to call and they just didn't bother to call it. Plus, as we had already confirmed for delivery day and time via email the phone call was unnecessary. We set another delivery date for the next week. We got a call A couple of days before the scheduled delivery verifying that we still wanted the refrigerator and we told them yes and they said it would be delivered in two days. When the delivery day came around again we had not received an email or phone call verifying at a time so we called them to see when they were going to deliver a refrigerator. We were then told that we were not on the schedule for delivery that day and that there was no Way that they could deliver it that day. We escalated to see if there was anyway we could get it delivered and we were told no. The soonest we could get delivered was in another three days. At this point, we are at over two weeks without a refrigerator. Home Depot doesn't seem to care that their delivery process is a problem, they have made no effort to make things right with us. The best they can do is say "oh we will reschedule it" but even that is days away. "

2017-08-07

Have to pay for something never received

"I made an order online. The product was never received but showed "delivered', so I called Home Depot Online & Home Depot Credit Card to find out what was going on. They started dispute process & now 2 months later I am being told that the case was closed in favor of HOME DEPOT ONLINE only because their record shows the product was delivered. So now I am being told to pay for over $320 for the product I NEVER RECEIVED. This was not the only one I had bad experience with their online order, but this is just unbelievably terrible experience & I am responsible for something I don't even have a possession on. DON'T BUY ANYTHING HOMEDEPOT.COM, their delivery from store is also terrible."

Share Home Depot's store rating

Home Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Depot is not a merchant member
Home Depot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!