Stores > Home Depot

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.38/10 1.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.18/10 1.18/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.83/10 1.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review Home Depot by clicking a star below.
2016-02-29

Poor business practice for such a large company/poor customer service !!!!

"I purchased a pair of Fiskar garden sheers from the Home Depot in Port Charlotte Florida a few months ago. After using them for the first time, the return spring had broke, I thought no big deal I'll return them to Home Depot and exchange them. That's when the problems started !!! They did not have the pair I purchased in stock, so I brought the next closest pair they had up to the return desk, the associate there said she should be able to zero out the item and make the exchange, she then said I better ask the garden manager. After about 10 minutes the manager comes up while on his phone, after another 5 minutes looks at them, answer's another call on his phone finishes his call then say's "no, they're not the same can't return them, then say's go ask the manager at the commercial desk" she takes about 10 seconds, barely look's at them and say's "no, he will have to ship them back to Fiskar for a replacement pair" I offered to pay the difference in the price, and that was still not acceptable. They said there is an 800 # on the back of the package, call them and send them back. So not to make a scene, because of a $20.00 item I said okay. I called and was told yes ship them back and we'll replace them, well the shipping and return costs were going to be about $23.00 more than what the sheers cost, I emailed Home Depot and told them the issue, and they pretty much blew it off and said they documented the instance and sent it off to the store manager and district manager for review, well guess what, no response... Not that thought I would get one, after all it's only a $20.00 item. Now imagine if you bought a $200.00 or $800.00 item and had an issue, chances are, you're going to get the same treatment. It may sound petty about all of this, but the issue here is, it doesn't matter if Home Depot takes care of their customers or not, they are so big and have so many stores it doesn't matter if you're happy or not, pretty much screw you, so be VERY CAREFULL buying anything at HOME DEPOT because if you have a problem, you're pretty much on your own, if they won't help out with a small item, good luck getting help on a large one.
By the way, I took those same sheer's to Lowe's and told them I didn't purchase them there and if there was a way I could exchange them, since they have lifetime warranty and guess what, they exchanged them for a better pair at no additional cost !!!!! Now that's customer service, they have earned my business for life, Home Depot can put their store's where the sun doesn't shine, I have told everyone I know about this problem and will never step foot in another Home Depot store and urge all of you and my family and friends to do the same, it's pretty bad when a large corporation like Home Depot is so very petty when it comes to making a purchase problem right for their customers !!!

2016-02-10

theman

"bought a 20 inch bluemax chainsaw but it wouldnt start so i returned it ."

2016-02-05

3 orders, 3 problems, 0 help from Home Depot

"If I could give 0 stars, I would. We are in the process of renovating our home and have used Home Depot on 3 separate occasions to either order parts (shelving/closet systems) as well as carpeting and installation. We had issues with every experience. Either parts were missing, or parts were already damaged when receiving items. The last straw was when we got our carpet installed. First, they came in with the WRONG carpet and had to come back... Even though the mistake was THEIRS, they still had to go through the installation schedule as if we ordered new carpet - rescheduling the installation was ridiculous in itself as we constantly had to follow up and ask for an update which wasn't always provided. Second, the sales person was nice, but failed to mention the additional charge for installation - they told us the TOTAL price was a certain amount - we signed the receipt with that amount, however, when providing us the 'full' paperwork packet (which we never signed), Page 9 of 10, includeded the additional charge for installation which everyone failed to mention to us. On top of that, this specific page required us to sign, however, this page was never presented to us, nor did we sign this page. We get a call weeks later asking us to pay for the $500 installation charge. To them, it didn't matter that we never saw this, nor did it matter that our signature was not included.

When complaining to their corporate office, we were just told that they would inform management about this issue but could not help us in anyway. Even after we told them we had a lot more work to do with our home and planned on spending a lot more money at Home Depot only if they would rectify this issue. They did NOT care. Hello Lowe's, we're going to spend all our money on you moving forward. Good Bye Home Depot, I hope your bad services continues to diminish your business.

2016-02-01

AVOID ALL SPECIAL ORDERS

"AVOID ALL SPECIAL ORDERS. Ordered a $4,000 custom front door and had multiple factory and mishandled ordering (HD order entry) issues. Had to pay installer to come back and spend 6 man hours doing repairs to get it fixed but cosmetic issues remain. Vendor gave very small refund that barely covered the additional labor but certainly didn't cover cosmetic issues remaining or many hours of time. HD did nothing at all. Their comical policy is that a door order is considered complete when the local delivery guy drops off. Never mind that many issues can't be detected until the crating comes off and the door is actually installed. I'd like to see a delivery guy wait for 3-5 hours for that all to occur before a customer deems it acceptable. I will take my business to Lowes and never purchase anything large from HD again (or small if I can help it). They hide behind ridiculous corporate policies and leave the customers holding the bag."

2016-01-28

They never delivered

"I was supposed to receive the product in 6-10 days. Three weeks later, I haven't even been billed yet, I called customer service. A very pleasant lady took my information and tried calling the vendor and got no answer, she promised to e-mail them and have them contact me. Two more weeks I waited and still no word from the vendor or Home Depot, I then called and cancelled my order. If you are going to do business on-line, you need to do a better job managing it. "

2016-01-18

Pushy contractors

"Beware of contractors from HD. They will cajole you into signing a contract, then charge penalties if you can't do the project. Apparently there is no such thing as a free estimate from HD."

2016-01-15

Don't waste your time with homedepot.com

"I ordered a generator on homedepot.com and 7 days later, it still shows "Being Processed."

Amazon.com has the same generator for the same price and when I order it "Prime," today, (Friday), I will have it Tuesday.

I called to cancel the homedepot.com order so I could order off Amazon.com and was told they couldn't cancel it.

Never again...................

2016-01-12

Frequent Shopper

"We come to you often as it is very convenient for us. But the last two trips have had issues. Items show in stock but are not actually available. I set the pick up to be at the pro desk and they had it at customer service and I was never notified the job was ready for pick up. I had to call to find out what was going on with our order.

The order on1/5/16 was perfect. W448215393

2016-01-08

"Timely delivery. The product arrive undamaged. "

2016-01-06

"Very satisfied with all of my Home Depot transactions."

2016-01-06

"you got questions they have got the answers to help with even the smallest problem you are having with your diy home projects. they have never left me down. And they do really help veterans i should know. i am one. Love Home Depot. they never give up.

Sincerly Harry M.

2015-12-30

"ordered two chrome grab bars 3202044125 on 12-18-15. I received 1 chrome & 1 brushed stainless bar in the same box. I had to postpone the install with my costumer. I ordered the same two grab bars again on 12-23-15 # 3202044125 and received the same mistake again 1 chrome and 1 brushed the same as before. I should not have to order 4 bars to get two that I need and than have to return the two brushed bars that I did not order. "

2015-12-30

"I am always happy with customer service here. Made finding home supplies so easy. So friendly unlike people at walmart"

2015-12-29

"Everything went as smoothly as it could. No complaints."

2015-12-26

"The order process was easy and the delivery was prompt!"

Share Home Depot's store rating

Home Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Depot is not a merchant member
Home Depot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!