Stores > LL Bean

Product & services pricing Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
Voice your opinion! Review LL Bean by clicking a star below.
2017-06-23

Prodcut Quality & Service Gone - So Am I

"Order men's shorts at 6am on a Thu. Has not shipped by Friday night. In the past I would have had them already. Called, they do not know when it will ship, even though its in stock. Really. Product quality, and especially sizing control has gone missing for a number of years. The problem is I have been a customer since 1990...so I remember quality products and outstanding service. I do not know how they can sustain this and stay in business, too many other choices...especially at their inflated pricing."

2017-06-20

2 weeks delivery is unacceptable

"Placed order June 15th, delivery estimate is June 27!!!!!
Shirts are in stock.

2017-06-13

Terrible order processing cycle

"Ordered two kayak cockpit covers 10 days ago and order status still shows processing! I asked for status update and was told that they'd advise when it ships. This is pathetic from a company that once set the standard for others in the industry. The result of blatantly poor planning on a major system upgrade. The level of indifference demonstrated by LLBean during this period of service disruption has just costed them a 35 plus year customer...there are simply too many other options to choose from that can accept your order, fulfill it, and have it on your doorstep within 5 business days from anywhere in the US! "

2017-06-13

The worst customer service

"I ordered five shirts and they sent me a partial order with wrong colors. As they told me, I returned two of the shirts and they were supposed to exchange them. My return was not opened for over a week and then when it was LL Bean charged my credit card again without my permission. I have not gotten the two shirts yet so I called them numerous times today and with the exception of one of five employees, was treated like crap.....like I had a problem. The customer service is at an all time low. Hello Lands End and the heck with my 30 year plus relationship with Bean. You **** guys!"

2017-06-02

Delay, followed by delay, followed by nothing

"Ordered(on-line) an outdoor folding chair. When the promised delivery date passed, I went on to the website to get a status. No note at all except "processing." A few days later, I checked and it said the item was going to be delayed another 2-5 days. I emailed customer service to confirm the reason for the delay. The news got worse-they could not confirm the product would even be delivered within the 5 days mentioned on the order. I mean, this is not like a custom built item. I cancelled the order. Note a friend of mine is having the same problem with a different product-delivery date went from May 31st to June 6th. And even that is uncertain. Too bad, it is obvious LL Bean isn't the LL Bean that once prided itself on customer service. "

2017-05-09

A great company!

"We appreciate recently being informed prior to placing an order of a pending delay in actual delivery. This current issue is due to an unfortunate software programming temporarily hampering processing. Thank you for the "heads up" in advance! A company mindful of customer's needs!"

2017-05-01

22 year customer, going, going, gone.

"21 years of good service and products . Now 32 days and counting on a simple order. Why? " Snowstorm... system upgrade"...
I can upgrade too, to another company if they don't get their act together. Ordered March 29th, still nothing. Well, now I see my pending transaction of Paypal has disappeared. So LL BEAN must have cancelled the order. Strange, I thought they sell stuff.

2017-04-26

Truly Awful Customer Service

"I ordered a raincoat for my grandson's birthday from LL Bean. On the confirmation email it said it would arrive April 27, 2017 which would have been in time for his birthday. However when I called them on 4/26, they said it wouldn't arrive then, and that they had never said it would. The customer service lady was very rude. I then told her to cancel my order to which she replied she didn't know if she could, it may be shipped !! I'll never order from this company again. "

2017-04-24

Worst Customer Service Ever Experienced

"We have been customers for over 35 years and have always received excellent service. Something happened within the last year which changed everything. Even just placing an order takes 15 minutes of wait time. Orders which were received within a day or two are now taking up to a month to arrive. "

2017-04-23

Almost a month.

"My experience is same as Rose. My order was placed almost a month ago and still has not shipped. My order included 2 pairs of pants which I requested altered. I was told they revamped the alterations dept. and to expect a delay. That was 2 weeks ago. Sent an email the other day to get status and got some generic apology response from CEO which they probably send to everyone. Still don't know status of my order. Not acceptable from a company that makes billions of dollars from its customers "

2017-04-20

Order still not shipped after 12 days. Cannot get any status on when it will ship.

"I have been a LL Bean customer for over 30 years. Never, never in all the years I have purchased merchandise from them have I experienced such a horrible customer experience. I order two items (one of them a gift), which were in stock and figured I would experience the "normal" LL Bean efficiency and customer service. How could I have known that all of that has gone out the window? After 7 days the order was still "in processing". I emailed to get a status on why the order had not shipped. I was told that they were "upgrading" the system and that things would be delayed slightly and that my order would ship the next week. Fine, I thought. Well, here I am 12 days later and still no status change, no information, no communication with the customer. So, I called Customer Service and basically they were apologetic, but really didn't tell me anything new. They have no way to check the status, no way to give any indication of when an order might ship.

Whoever is running and planned this so-called "upgrade", doesn't understand the impact on the LL Bean business. It was poorly planned and is not going well. I work in the "enterprise software" industry and these massive upgrades need to be planned to most finite detail and actually plan for "bad things" to happen. Sounds like this one was not planned well at all by an experienced person.

I have instructions to call again if I do not get a shipping notification in 3 days and they will order and ship from a store, but I am not optimistic, at this point. They've lost my trust -- and maybe a life-long customer. I could have driven up to Freeport, ME myself and had a more pleasing purchasing experience and received my merchandise on the spot.

Very disappointed.

2016-12-26

Guaranteed is not guaranteed.

"2 gifts I order, "guaranteed" by 12/25/16 did not come. Customer service stated the guarantee was for the package to get to my town, not me! I was offered a $25 gift card and to speak with a supervisor. I explained my son is in from out of the country and due to cost I can't forward the package to him. The supervisor said there was nothing she could do and offered me a $10 gift card ($15 less than the earlier $25 offer). I cancelled the order and declined the gift card. Please be aware that LL Bean does not uphold it's printed guarantees, which I wonder about the LL Bean representations about it's clothing."

2016-12-17

ABSOLUTELY NOT CHRISTMAS FRIENDLY!

"Looking for valid Coupon to save $$ for Xmas; spoke to **** online (and he really was one) simply said NO!!!, not interested in working with customer! Didn't offer to spk/w manager; I guess LL Beam is more interested in making $$$$ than having repeat customers! Not good; Despite loving their products, been a loyal customer, I will never shop again!"

2016-10-21

Deteriorating Product Quality, Manipulating Product Reviews

"I have been a long time llbean customer. The last few years, I have noticed that the product quality has deteriorated. Most recently, I purchased a pair of boots and hiking shoes. The leather boots were cheap looking, were cut much smaller than my llbean boots from years earlier, and had a lot of excess leather in the ankle area that just stuck out. The hiking shoes were also cut very narrow and not true to size. I was surprised by the positive reviews on these items, so I decided to post a review so others would know the problems that I found. To my surprise, a day after posting the “one star” reviews I received an email stating that llbean could not post my review because it did not meet their guidelines. I reviewed the guidelines, and there was nothing inappropriate about my review. I guess they consider a “one star” review to be against their guidelines. Their email said to read their guidelines, and resubmit the reviews. Now here is where things get strange. I log into my llbean account, and under my profile, I no longer had a reviewer user name, and all of my prior reviews were nowhere to be found. They deleted all my reviews! When I attempted to create a new user name to post a review, I found I was blocked by their system from posting reviews. They gladly take my money, and then block me from posting reviews.

Llbean is removing valid negative user reviews. You cannot trust the reviews of their products. They are either fake, or the product rating number is severely manipulated by removing or severely limiting any negative reviews. So, products that seem to have glowing four or five star reviews, would probably in reality have a much lower rating if llbean allowed honest negative reviews. I have shopped there for more than 10 years, and thought they were an honest company. We do not have any of their retail stores in our area, so I, like many others, have to count on the validity of the product ratings on their website. I have learned my lesson. You cannot trust llbean to deal with their customers in an honest manner. Manipulating the product reviews deceives you into believing a product is of a higher quality than it is. Also, on the quality issue, their products have become lower in quality than they were when I first started shopping there. They now outsource everything to a number of foreign countries. The sizing of clothing and footwear is inconsistent, the clothing falls apart -- down jackets “leak” down, zippers do not work, and things in general have a cheap appearance and short life span. I continued to shop at llbean over the years even though their prices have steadily and drastically increased. They have now lost a customer. Llbean has not only outsourced their products offshore, they have apparently outsourced their integrity also.

2016-10-14

Wors Company ever! Cancel orders...

"I order my gopro hero5 for $320 with coupon 20% OFF! And they send me email after 10 days that Out of Stock! They cancel my order without my approve!"

Share LL Bean's store rating

LL Bean is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LL Bean is not a merchant member
LL Bean does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!