Stores > LL Bean

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
Voice your opinion! Review LL Bean by clicking a star below.
2017-09-27

comfort of slippers and shoes

"I HAVE BEEN WEARING YOUR PRODUCTS, ALSO MY HUSBAND. AS I GOT OLDER I DEVELOPED LUMBER PAIN IN MY BACK AND HAD SURGERY. MY LL BEANS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE ENOUGH FOR MY BACK PROBLEM. THE SHOES AND SLIPPERS DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH CUSHION IN THE HEEL OF THE PRODUCT. WEARING ALL DAY GIVES ME PAIN IN THE LUMBER. I NEED FOR CUSHION IN THE HEEL. I LOVE YOUR PRODUCT BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN WEAR THEM ANYMORE. DO YOU SELL MORE CUSHIONED SHOES AND SLIPPERS. I WANT TO ORDER FOR MY WHOLE FAMILY."

2017-09-11

Pleased, Great experience

"We visited the Freeport store coming from Houston. We purchased a pair of boots and winter jacket for my grandson who was starting college at Colby. We had a wonderful experience with two friendly knowledgeable gentleman. Very professional patient and pleasant. Unfortunately we did not write their names.both kudos to them Jana at the register was equally patience and kind. Not at any time did any of those people we encountered seemed impatient. All 3 treated us like we were the only customers in the store. That was my first experience with 'LL Bean and it was a very pleasant on
Customer service personnel has been just as kind and attentive

2017-08-03

The Buck Stops With LLBean

"On June 12th. I ordered a kayak from llbean, with delivery to Maine. The delivery time was listed as 1 to 2 weeks, with shipping provided by a trucking company requiring that someone be at home to sign for and off-load the kayak from the truck. I chose the order date deliberately so that we would be available to receive the shipment. I got an email notifiying me that the kayak had been shipped on June 14th, so I anticipated that the kayak should arrive by July 1st. Decided I needed a kayak seat, ordered it from llbean, and it arrived the next day. Tried to check on progress of kayak, but because it was being shipped by freight, there was no tracking information. On June 30th. I called llbean customer service to inquire the whereabouts of this kayak. I was told by the customer service person that she had no tracking information, but she did send me on to the next level of customer service. That person told me that the kayak was scheduled to be delivered that day (6/30) and I should expect a call anytime from the shipping company. No call, no kayak. I gave everyone the benefit of the doubt because July 4th. holiday was coming up, and didn't call llbean again until July 5th. Had to go through the various levels of customer service, and the person I finally got told me that the kayak had been delivered to my front yard the week before. Needless to say, I was a bit upset, and I got transferred to the next level. I explained my story yet again. This fellow had access to the tracking information for the shipping company and told me that the kayak had arrived in Portland Maine on June 23rd. , had been scheduled for home delivery on June 30th, and was still sitting in a trailer waiting for delivery. This fellow suggested that he give me the phone number for the shipping company so I could follow up myself. I told him I would take the information, but I ordered the kayak from llbean, they were paid for said kayak the day it shipped, and as far as I was concerned the buck stopped with them. I then called the shipping company, was put on hold for 20 minutes, and then finally talked with someone in Atlanta. She tried to call the Portland branch and after being on hold for 20 minutes, gave up. At this point, I at least had a name and phone number for someone at llbean, so called him back. He assured me that he would have someone follow up with the shipping company and get back to me. I got a call back, with the assurance that the kayak would be delivered July 10th. and that the shipping company would call me that afternoon to confirm this. By 4 pm, on a Friday, I hadn't heard from shipping company so I called them. A very rude woman answered, begrudgingly said the kayak would be delivered on Monday (although she didn't say which Monday), and that the driver would call 10 minutes before he arrived. Waited all day Monday with no call and no kayak. Called llbean again on Tue. July 11th. and spoke with yet another person who assured me that she would follow up with the shipping company. I got a call in the afternoon from the shipping company person who actually scheduled the deliveries. He told me no one had told him he needed to deliver the said kayak, but assured me that it would be on the truck the next day, and would be delivered between 10 and 11 on the 12th. At this point I had spent way more time on this kayak than it was worth, but thought it would finally arrive, since we were leaving at noon and would be away for a month. Well, no call and no kayak. I called the shipping number, someone new answered, and he told me that the kayak was not on the truck for delivery. At that point I had had it. Called llbean back and the nice lady said she was amazed that the kayak had not been delivered. I realize that llbean has little control over the shipping company, but had they been waiting for 30 kayaks for their store, you can be sure that those kayaks would not have been sitting in a trailer for days. Bottom line, if you order something from llbean and pay llbean for the item and shipping, then the buck stops with llbean and they are responsible for what does or doesn't happen. I was offered a slight discount if I wanted to come pick up the kayak (if they had one) in their Freeport store. If I had wanted to do that, I would have picked up the kayak in the first place. I was also offered a $100 gift card for my inconvenience. Since I never plan to shop at llbean again, that wasn't very helpful. There were several things that could have been done along the way that would have made this experience slightly better, starting with providing tracking information for items that are shipped via a trucking company. "

2017-07-18

No delivery!

"I ordered a sun shelter for the beach for the grandkids and was told it would arrive yesterday. After LL Bean shipped it with UPS it was turned over to the Sure Post delivery by the post office. Because this is a summer home the post office doesn't deliver. It is now sitting in a post office two towns away on the Cape and customer service says they cannot intercede once SurePost has the package. So it will get sent back to LLB and we can reorder it. Really??? after the vacation is over?? This is not the company it used to be and REI, EMS and Sierra Trading Post can easily equip me with anything I need. Goodby LLB."

2017-07-14

Poor Shipping/Order fulfillment continues

"I will pile on to the other comments here and add that at the time of this post 7/14/17 the issues others have noted continue with ordering off web. Product showed in stock and was suppose to be delivered the following day. Product didn't show up so looked up order number and it showed still processing 48 hours after i had placed. Sent e-mail to customer service inquiring and they cited computer system problems and could not provide a ship date other than to say it would be "shipping shortly"

Unacceptable and disappointing.... these are known issues, have been going on for what looks to be at least a month, so there should either be a warning on the website that states that there will be delays. This is preferable as it would allow you to source the product from another vendor if you didn't know when you would receive it or at least there should be notification in their e-mail confirmation of the order. Instead everything looks like it will ship immediately and in my case be there the next day

2017-07-07

Customer Service Gone

"The owner of Bean turned the company over to his grandson. All these problems with order entry and shipping customers are experiencing bring Bean to become a terrible company. Could it be that this is happening because Grandpa Bean turned the company over to his Granson a year ago? yes I think so. It's time to get those IT geniouses fired."

2017-06-25

Mass confusion

"Order done over a month ago for 7 items, was told 2 weeks ago all but one item in stock and again "computer problems" but that things were "starting to improve". Today I looked at my original order and its marked to "tell them" if still wanted 3 items or they would be cancelled. Called Customer service (they are so nice but helpless) and had to go item by item as some "may ship 06/23" (today is 25th!!!) one was cancelled, one item when they looked was not there! LOL
So have done something I have never done with LL Bean in 30 years as customer. CANCELLED ENTIRE ORDER, as still cannot tell me what will ship, when will ship, but 2 items were cancelled...they think.

2017-06-23

Prodcut Quality & Service Gone - So Am I

"Order men's shorts at 6am on a Thu. Has not shipped by Friday night. In the past I would have had them already. Called, they do not know when it will ship, even though its in stock. Really. Product quality, and especially sizing control has gone missing for a number of years. The problem is I have been a customer since 1990...so I remember quality products and outstanding service. I do not know how they can sustain this and stay in business, too many other choices...especially at their inflated pricing."

2017-06-20

2 weeks delivery is unacceptable

"Placed order June 15th, delivery estimate is June 27!!!!!
Shirts are in stock.

2017-06-13

Terrible order processing cycle

"Ordered two kayak cockpit covers 10 days ago and order status still shows processing! I asked for status update and was told that they'd advise when it ships. This is pathetic from a company that once set the standard for others in the industry. The result of blatantly poor planning on a major system upgrade. The level of indifference demonstrated by LLBean during this period of service disruption has just costed them a 35 plus year customer...there are simply too many other options to choose from that can accept your order, fulfill it, and have it on your doorstep within 5 business days from anywhere in the US! "

2017-06-13

The worst customer service

"I ordered five shirts and they sent me a partial order with wrong colors. As they told me, I returned two of the shirts and they were supposed to exchange them. My return was not opened for over a week and then when it was LL Bean charged my credit card again without my permission. I have not gotten the two shirts yet so I called them numerous times today and with the exception of one of five employees, was treated like crap.....like I had a problem. The customer service is at an all time low. Hello Lands End and the heck with my 30 year plus relationship with Bean. You **** guys!"

2017-06-02

Delay, followed by delay, followed by nothing

"Ordered(on-line) an outdoor folding chair. When the promised delivery date passed, I went on to the website to get a status. No note at all except "processing." A few days later, I checked and it said the item was going to be delayed another 2-5 days. I emailed customer service to confirm the reason for the delay. The news got worse-they could not confirm the product would even be delivered within the 5 days mentioned on the order. I mean, this is not like a custom built item. I cancelled the order. Note a friend of mine is having the same problem with a different product-delivery date went from May 31st to June 6th. And even that is uncertain. Too bad, it is obvious LL Bean isn't the LL Bean that once prided itself on customer service. "

2017-05-09

A great company!

"We appreciate recently being informed prior to placing an order of a pending delay in actual delivery. This current issue is due to an unfortunate software programming temporarily hampering processing. Thank you for the "heads up" in advance! A company mindful of customer's needs!"

2017-05-01

22 year customer, going, going, gone.

"21 years of good service and products . Now 32 days and counting on a simple order. Why? " Snowstorm... system upgrade"...
I can upgrade too, to another company if they don't get their act together. Ordered March 29th, still nothing. Well, now I see my pending transaction of Paypal has disappeared. So LL BEAN must have cancelled the order. Strange, I thought they sell stuff.

2017-04-26

Truly Awful Customer Service

"I ordered a raincoat for my grandson's birthday from LL Bean. On the confirmation email it said it would arrive April 27, 2017 which would have been in time for his birthday. However when I called them on 4/26, they said it wouldn't arrive then, and that they had never said it would. The customer service lady was very rude. I then told her to cancel my order to which she replied she didn't know if she could, it may be shipped !! I'll never order from this company again. "

Share LL Bean's store rating

LL Bean is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LL Bean is not a merchant member
LL Bean does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!