Stores > Lensauthority.com

• checkmark icon FedEx Ground
    • checkmark icon FedEx Express

Product & services pricing Rating 9.13/10 9.13/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.88/10 9.88/10
Voice your opinion! Review Lensauthority.com by clicking a star below.
2017-03-16

Great gear and great service

"I have bought almost all of my photo gear from LensAuthority lately, because:

1. The gear is in better-than-new condition (they adjust it in house after each rental, and thus what you get is often better than something right off the assembly line in Japan)
2. Their prices are fair and reasonable
3. Their rental side (LensRentals.com) is also outstanding
4. Every time I have had a problem, they have been there for me.

2017-02-26

Awesome

"Nice doing business with them. I will recomend them to everyone. Shipping is fast and safe"

2017-02-25

LensAuthority - for when you've got GAS

"Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) - an occasional affliction of photographers. I'm an enthusiastic hobbyist photographer, and I'm not immune. Lately, I get that acquisitive itch about E-mount lenses. Sony makes some great E-mount lenses, and many of them are expensive. A few of them are "sell a kidney" expensive.

I'm not rich, and I'm so old that nobody would buy one of my kidneys. After I buy camera gear, I need to have money left over for food. And I *want* to have money left over to travel to interesting places and, you know, actually take pictures of interesting things. So, when I've just absolutely positively gotta have that new lens, I shop for deals. Including used lenses.

Recently I found LensAuthority. I like the look of this company, and I like the way they grade and describe their inventory. They were out of stock of the lens I was looking for - a Sony 10-18mm f4. I signed up for an email "new stock" alert. I got it, looked at the new inventory, and added the lens to my shopping cart.

Then, I called them with a question. They answered the phone. I mean, a human being answered the phone. A courteous, well-informed, and helpful human at that. Wow.

I asked if they could ship the lens to my local FedEx store to be held for pickup. Yep, that would work. I ordered the lens, and picked it up yesterday.

I'm impressed. LensAuthority was not just truthful in describing and rating the used lens, they were if anything conservative. This lens looks better than I expected, and is working just fine.

Next time I need - or want - camera gear, I'm shopping LensAuthority.

2017-02-16

"I ordered one day; it was shipped the next day! The packaging was the most thorough and protective that I have ever seen. The condition of the camera was quite good--spotless except for some scratches on the bottom plate, which I see only when changing the battery. Inconsequential to me. I had to return an item, so they sent me a shipping label with no cost to me to return. Classy! Conclusion: If you think they might have the used gear you want, give them a call first. If they have it, I don't think you'll be dissapointed"

2017-02-08

Great lense and service

"I ordered a used in "like new" condition Canon EF 300mm f/4 L IS lense last week and hoped it would truly be in "like new" condition. I am thrilled to say that this lense is in new condition and looks and works as if I just bought it new from the store. What a great purchase. I have already told a friend about it who plans to buy one."

2017-02-01

Awesome Company!

"This company is one of the best companies when it comes to camera lenses. I ordered my lens at a great price and it was still in great condition. And within twenty minutes of ordering my lens it was out for shipping. I also love their super hilarious emails. Overall just an amazing company with amazing lens and an unbeatable price. Would highly recommend to anyone! "

2017-01-17

Only thing they did not do was defy gravity.

"I bought a used fuji lens after waiting for the periodic fuji sale and finding that it was one of the few lenses not on sale. So I bought the used lens from Lensauthority. Lens went on sale a week or so after I bought it. In light of my poor timing, I humbly asked for a $50 refund. They refused. Gave me a $90 refund instead. Oh, there was also a problem with the aperture switch which they fixed cheerfully and quickly.

Recently bought a Fuji x30 compact from Lensauthority. Good price, excellent condition. Had it on a wrist strap one day and the strap slipped off my hand as I was reaching down for something, sending the camera to the concrete sidewalk. Couldn't move lens mechanism to start camera (it starts by twisting lens) or zoom although glass was not damaged. After a little fiddling, I got the lens to work although it is rough and will probably bread down sooner than otherwise would be the case. Image quality still great,

If only Lensauthority has treated the x30 with anti-gravity spray, I would be be totally satisfied. Oh, well. 5 stars anyway.

2017-01-14

Great job on purchase of Canon Camcorder

"The purchase was for a Canon XA30 camcorder. It arrived on time in great condition and was well packed. Great transaction and great price. "

2017-01-12

Looking out for your best interest

"Thank you, Lens authority, for getting my new Canon lens here promptly! Thank you for putting me through some ropes to make sure I really was who I say I am. My husband and I had our identity stolen about 10 years ago and it's a pain to have to provide extra identification, but good that Lens Authority asked for more before just shipping off this lens. It protected us as a buyer.

Excited to try out this new lens over the next few days to see what it can do! Thank you!!!

2017-01-07

Little lens finds good home

"A can't say enough good things about the service and selection provided by Lansauthority. Every step was clear and quick. This is my first "adoption" but it won't be my last.

2017-01-05

Wimberley gimbal head

"Very very happy with my purchase f the full Wimberley head from the
Lens Authority. Super fast Shipping and the used head I purchased was
In very good condition better than what I had imagined. The Lens Authority is a
Great company with a very knowledgeable staff who were very nice and helped me along with my order. Will be using them in the future for my photography
purchases. I am very pleased with my product and the company's outstanding service !

2017-01-03

Easy Customer Service and Fast Shipping

"Ordered a camera and lens thinking they were compatible but turns out the mount was the wrong one. Contacted LA before shipping and they refunded the order for the lens before shipping that same day. Definitely will be using again"

2016-12-16

A Treasure Found

"I stumbled across Lens Authority's website while searching for used camera equipment, and ordered a lens that I was searching for. The price was good, and included an inspection period to decide to keep or return the lens once I received it. Shipping was fast and I had the lens in my hand the 2nd day after ordering it. The condition of the lens was as described and to me looked brand new, which was great since the price was about 68% of a new one. Overall, Lens Authority will be the first place I'll check when looking for camera equipment in the future."

2016-12-11

E-M1

"I waited impatiently for Olympus to announce the OMD-E-M2, 'cause I like new and improved. The $2000 price crushed my enthusiasm, and nudged me into re-evaluating the thousands of images I have with my E-M1. Huuummm. They're very good. What I actually need is a backup E-M1. Why not find a used body in great shape? Lensauthority had a body listed top-rated for both cosmetics and function at a reasonable $670; ordered it and it was promptly shipped. Arrived in perfect condition, with pristine cosmetics. Did some shooting yesterday and am happy with the functions/results. Now I'm watching the site for a used Oly 7-14mm f2.8."

2016-12-04

Nikon 400mm f2.8E FL - Very Happy with this purchase!

"Ordered the lens at 2:20PM, got confirmation that lens had shipped with Fed Ex tracking number at 2:37PM on the same day! Description of lens said cosmetics, performance & glass passed. This lens looked almost brand new, only tiny insignificant scratches on hood & tripod foot where it attaches. Glass looked perfect to me. Performance of the lens is amazing, it focuses on birds in flight instantly - as soon as I think it, it is already in focus. I rarely write reviews, but this was an exceptional product & vendor performance. I called them after I got the lens to ask a question & got immediate verbal response & a follow up email. I will definitely buy from Lens Authority again."

Share Lensauthority.com's store rating

Lensauthority.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Lensauthority.com is a merchant member
Lensauthority.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,376 merchant members.