Stores > Lensauthority.com

Product & services pricing Rating 8.95/10 8.95/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.75/10 9.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.75/10 9.75/10
2015-12-09

"you know, I havent even got what I ordered yet- as I only ordered it two days ago, but I am already charmed by the quirky language in the confirmation emails. I already want to check with you guys before my previous go to's: b & h and ebay, because I just get a really good vibe from you guys. Maybe it shouldnt matter that much, to hear "We carefully plucked your gear from a shelf that's deep in the heart of our camera & lens playland, and we wrapped it up in copious amounts of soft foam and bubble-wrap. " but it really does! If this product makes it in the mail, hell, even if it arrives a little late with slight damage from shipping, I think I'll still have a soft spot for all of you. Thanks for making me laugh.

ben

2015-12-08

"Ordered 70-200mm f2.8 IS II lens from them. Even through, the condition mentioned as very good, I found it to be in excellent condition. Tested the lens upon arrival and was really impressed. Would highly recommend Lensauthority to anybody who is looking to buy a used camera gear. "

2015-12-04

"I just bought a used camera, a Sony A77 from them. We began the process with the website and that was awesome, to be honest-we gave up on a competitors website because it wasn't working. We had to place a call to finish the order, and the person on the phone was very helpful. We ordered the camera, and when it arrived-it was exactly as portrayed, and I am beyond happy with it. I would never hesitate to buy another product from these guys!"

2015-12-01

"I ordered a used SB-700 that was rated in 8.5 condition. VERY pleased with the service and product.
The unit is in excellent shape, the original box serial number is the same as the unit, no scratches or dings that I could see. The unit works as expected. The only reason for a less than 10 rating on condition (that I see) is the paper manual is a little worn from use. Shipping was next day by Noon, perfect.
Excellent service, good product, excellent company, great price.

2015-11-16

"Quick & Painless!
Lens Authority replied to my inquires very quickly, then my purchase was a breeze.
Well packed items shipped right away. Recommend for sure....

2015-10-29

"Absolutely the best customer service experience I have received with any photographic equipment vendor. An easy to use website paired with a fast (and human) phone interaction made for the best experience possible when dealing with Paypal dilemma. 5 Stars! "

2015-10-20

"I just purchased a used Paul c buff csrb from Lensauthority and must say it looks like new and works flawlessly. I would purchase from them again.
Shipping was fast

2015-10-14

"Lensauthority.com is the only place I buy used lenses. When you shop at other websites, their used lenses cost more, and you really are rolling the dice when it comes to quality. Lensauthority gives very detailed descriptions of the condition of each lens, and they have personally tested it and maintained it, as part of their parallel lens rentals business, so there's no risk that some vague description like "lightly used" is masking some more specific flaws. Their customer service is also great and friendly, and they are fast to respond with any questions, as well as resolve any problems."

2015-10-06

"I've ordered multiple times from LensAuthority, and before it was LensAuthority, LensRentals. I've never once been disappointed with the equipment, and in the rare instance I needed something from them, their customer service is 100% top notch. Deal with confidence with these guys - they're as good as it gets. "

2015-10-02

"Shipping was a little slow but overall the experience was good. "

2015-09-25

"I always recommend Lens Authority to individuals looking for quality equipment and for reviews. I have purchased multiple lenses and they have all been flawless. I've received nothing but the best customer service from the team there, and again, I will always recommend them as a source for quality gear and information. "

2015-09-24

"excellent service--fair prices"

2015-09-19

"Earlier this week, I purchased on-line a Canon 24-105mm f4L lens from Lens Authority. I had agonized for several weeks over purchasing this new or used. New, it was an expensive lens. I had not purchased a lens from LA previously. Were they a reputable company? Was their inspection comments to be believed? I had heard great things about their sister company LensRentals. I then decided to give LA a try since their return policy was commendable.

The next day, I received an order confirmation, and shortly afterwards, a shipping confirmation. Boy, that was quick! Maybe this company was to be believed. Shipping was included, and there was no Texas sales tax ( at 8.25%) added to the cost. This was looking like a great deal.

About 48 hours after order confirmation, FedEx showed up at my door with the lens. I immediately inspected the lens for any use and/or abuse. The lens mount was snug as it should be. The focusing and zoom rings were solid and firm without any sloppiness or wear. No dents or scratches on the lens body. The LA inspection comments stated that there were faint scratches on the front lens elements. My inspection showed no scratches anywhere. Maybe the LA inspector's reading glasses were dirty? The IS and AF/MF switches and functioning were flawless. Was this lens really used????????

In summation, I feel like I received a "NIB" lens that showed no wear or flaws. And I had bought a lens with 38% savings over a new retail Canon "L" lens, which are pricey to begin with. Will I buy my next lens from Lens Authority?....Yes! Would I recommend LA to another serious photographer?....Yes! To Lens Authority, I want to say thank you, you have vastly exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to my next purchase from you.

Bill B.

2015-09-04

"After deciding to make a $1700 purchase (on a Saturday night) AND spend the $35 for overnight shipping (for it to ship out on Monday for Tuesday arrival), I expected that my order would ship overnight on Monday for arrival the next business day. What happened was the item did not ship because they wanted to 're-verfify' who I am. So Monday afternoon I did verify CC info (that they had previously verified with approval from AmEx) was a match to billing and shipping. So when I learned at the end of the day on Monday that they missed the shipping cut off because they wanted more verification, I was very disappointed that my Next day shipment was now 2 days - And I would miss my urgent use on Wednesday. When I explained this to the CSR, he was apologetic, said I would not be charged for the next day shipping.

So what did they do, they shipped it the next day via GROUND! Seems like a $1700 purchase, and a shipping mistake on their end, should not further delay the shipping. Yes, I expected faster shipping at their expense. Instead I got Free shipping, via FedeX ground and that will take 10 days due to the long holiday weekend. Should have shipped Monday for Tuesday Delivery. Instead Shipped Tuesday for delivery the following week, Wednesday. That is not cool. or keeping the customer in mind.

Lesson- If you need it fast, better call them and make sure they have all the details they need because the online order processing failed to deliver the automation.

2015-09-01

"Really great site and shipping.
Item received in great packaging and was exactly as described.
I have bookmarked Lensauthority.com for future purchases of cameras and equipment.

Share Lensauthority.com's store rating

Lensauthority.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Lensauthority.com is a merchant member
Lensauthority.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,442 merchant members.