Stores > Lensauthority.com

• checkmark icon FedEx Express

Product & services pricing Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.63/10 9.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.79/10 9.79/10
Voice your opinion! Review Lensauthority.com by clicking a star below.
2015-09-19

"Earlier this week, I purchased on-line a Canon 24-105mm f4L lens from Lens Authority. I had agonized for several weeks over purchasing this new or used. New, it was an expensive lens. I had not purchased a lens from LA previously. Were they a reputable company? Was their inspection comments to be believed? I had heard great things about their sister company LensRentals. I then decided to give LA a try since their return policy was commendable.

The next day, I received an order confirmation, and shortly afterwards, a shipping confirmation. Boy, that was quick! Maybe this company was to be believed. Shipping was included, and there was no Texas sales tax ( at 8.25%) added to the cost. This was looking like a great deal.

About 48 hours after order confirmation, FedEx showed up at my door with the lens. I immediately inspected the lens for any use and/or abuse. The lens mount was snug as it should be. The focusing and zoom rings were solid and firm without any sloppiness or wear. No dents or scratches on the lens body. The LA inspection comments stated that there were faint scratches on the front lens elements. My inspection showed no scratches anywhere. Maybe the LA inspector's reading glasses were dirty? The IS and AF/MF switches and functioning were flawless. Was this lens really used????????

In summation, I feel like I received a "NIB" lens that showed no wear or flaws. And I had bought a lens with 38% savings over a new retail Canon "L" lens, which are pricey to begin with. Will I buy my next lens from Lens Authority?....Yes! Would I recommend LA to another serious photographer?....Yes! To Lens Authority, I want to say thank you, you have vastly exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to my next purchase from you.

Bill B.

2015-09-04

"After deciding to make a $1700 purchase (on a Saturday night) AND spend the $35 for overnight shipping (for it to ship out on Monday for Tuesday arrival), I expected that my order would ship overnight on Monday for arrival the next business day. What happened was the item did not ship because they wanted to 're-verfify' who I am. So Monday afternoon I did verify CC info (that they had previously verified with approval from AmEx) was a match to billing and shipping. So when I learned at the end of the day on Monday that they missed the shipping cut off because they wanted more verification, I was very disappointed that my Next day shipment was now 2 days - And I would miss my urgent use on Wednesday. When I explained this to the CSR, he was apologetic, said I would not be charged for the next day shipping.

So what did they do, they shipped it the next day via GROUND! Seems like a $1700 purchase, and a shipping mistake on their end, should not further delay the shipping. Yes, I expected faster shipping at their expense. Instead I got Free shipping, via FedeX ground and that will take 10 days due to the long holiday weekend. Should have shipped Monday for Tuesday Delivery. Instead Shipped Tuesday for delivery the following week, Wednesday. That is not cool. or keeping the customer in mind.

Lesson- If you need it fast, better call them and make sure they have all the details they need because the online order processing failed to deliver the automation.

2015-09-01

"Really great site and shipping.
Item received in great packaging and was exactly as described.
I have bookmarked Lensauthority.com for future purchases of cameras and equipment.

2015-09-01

"I honestly don't know why anyone would buy camera gear anywhere else. Now that I know how honest and inexpensive Lensauthority.com is I will never shop anywhere else A+++
They also have a great sense of humor =) much more human than the the big 2.

2015-08-30

"Lens Authority delivers with great service and products that exceed what was promised and expected.

When buying used gear, there is always a concern about the condition or quality of what you are getting. After numerous purchases of used gear from Lens Authority, the condition of what I ordered has never been worse than described and has usually been much better than their ratings. I have bought refurbished gear direct from manufacturers (e.g., Canon) and I prefer to buy used from LensAuthority because the condition is at least as good and the prices are better. In short, a good value.

Best of all, their service is pleasant, responsive, and helpful. I have emailed with questions about gear and received quick, informative answers. When ordering, I usually require special shipping instructions. A simple email request to them after ordering has always been met with happy accommodation of my request with a very prompt response.

2015-08-22

"I ordered two used SSDs from these guys and I could not be happier. They shipped quickly and the drives came exactly as described. I happily recommend this site to anyone.

2015-08-17

"Canon 28-300 3.5-5.6 L IS USM just as described. Very prompt shipping. Extremely pleased with Lensauthority."

2015-08-12

"Why would anyone buy a lens from anyone other than LensAuthority,com? The only reason I can think of is that THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE STUPID. :-)

Seriously, fast service, great products, and friendly folks. It doesn't get any better than this, IMHO.

2015-08-05

"I am a first-time customer and I am very satisfied with my experience with Lensauthority. Found a new NEW Canon camera bag for 40% less than on Amazon. Received the following note:

"We carefully plucked your gear from a shelf that's deep in the heart of our camera & lens playland, and we wrapped it up in copious amounts of soft foam and bubble-wrap. Then, we sealed it in a box with the stickiest packing tape we could find, and finally shared one last warm embrace with the package, just before the delivery guy pried it from our grasp. We'll miss the little guy, but we know he's going to a good home."

All the above was done in packing (much, much better than Amazon), the shipping was quick and free, and I was notified when shipped. All in all, I cannot think of anything that could have been done better and I will definitely be checking future wants to see if Lensauthority can fill them. THANKS FOR AN EXCELLENT JOB!

Gangins

2015-07-27

"I just received notice that my lens has shipped. You Guys are a trip, you have the best price and so far Your service has been top notch! I'm looking forward to trying it out on my camera! I'm assuming it's coming by truck cross country to my lean to in the Southern California desert!
And not by camel!

2015-07-21

"Excellent service! Fast shipping, great product, unbeatable price!"

2015-07-17

"I was interested in a Nikon 24-70 f2.8. Lens authority had one listed on their site but I wasn't thrilled with the rating/grades. I asked to be emailed when they received others in. I received an email a few days later and went onto the site to look at the lens. I ordered the lens and it was quickly sent out. The rep called to confirm my shipping address because it was different than billing. I can appreciate that. I got the tracking number and it was delivered when promised. The grades on this lens were definitely underrating the lens. It shows and works much better than the LA grades it received.

I would certainly order from them again

2015-07-10

"Accurate, friendly, professional. You guys are my go to for all my lenses. Thank you for your great service and pro packing! Dan Howell / Cinema Pirate Corp."

2015-07-03

"They made me feel All fuzzy inside. Like I had a New Best Friend."

2015-06-20

"a lens well traveled
i placed my order for a schneider 90 mm pc 4.5 lens i am kinda old school wish i could of talked to someone and ordere it over the phone. anyway the process was flawless. i paid 25.00 for 2 day
delivery to ca from tenesee. This is where it gets interesting. fed x picked up the package and then lost it. it was found in florida then shipped back to tenesee then within 2 hours hit ca then to me in grass valley. so you have to understand 2 days turned into 5 days so when i noticed it had not left tenesee after the first day i called lens authority they had gone home for the day. Next i called lens rentals their parent co,in a panic. A wonderful lady named connie
took the rains and followed through found the package assure me it was going to be ok constantly talking to me via phone and e mail. she was personal and proffesional at all time
any way i got the lens in perfect shape . their rating system thou is crazy. this lens was rated 9.25 condition. there was not a blemish ,scratch or anything on this lens it was perfrct in all areas. cant say much about fed x but i would not hesitate buying from lens authority and again thank you Connie

Share Lensauthority.com's store rating

Lensauthority.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Lensauthority.com is a merchant member
Lensauthority.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,429 merchant members.