Stores > LovingtheClassics.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.14/10 9.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.75/10 7.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.55/10 8.55/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.35/10 8.35/10
Voice your opinion! Review LovingtheClassics.com by clicking a star below.

A-mazing

"This outfit is one of the better examples of this niche business I have ever encountered!! They accidentally shipped me 2 copies of the movie I ordered, but when I offered to return the 2nd one they told me to just give it to a friend. Mickey is very nice to deal with and I will be back to purchase more in the near future. "

This review was modified by numaatch on February 04 2017 02:30:01 PM

2017-02-04

Faster shipping should be available

"I registered with the company 6 weeks ago and purchased a movie as a gift. The payment cleared immediately and the item was placed in the shipping queue, whatever that means. I did just receive the movie. Faster delivery would have been nice, but overall not a bad experience."

This review was modified by chunkytepl on February 04 2017 11:45:02 AM

Rcvd, tx

" I bought the movie Rainbow Island from Loving the Classics, and I really enjoyed it."

This review was modified by heatherbuds on February 04 2017 06:45:02 AM

2017-02-03

Came through in the end

"On 1/22 I finally received a replacement disc. And, my money was refunded. So, it took two months from the date that I ordered to get a good copy
of the movie. However, I did get a full refund. LTC made good in the end and went above and beyond what other companies might have done.

This review was modified by mysticscott on February 03 2017 02:30:02 PM

2017-02-02

I call b.s.

"I can only speculate as to the source of the majority positive reviews for this outfit. The term "sock puppet accounts" seems appropriate. To avoid boring details: I placed two orders, and received no shipments. Twice I asked for status and was told they would ship at the end of that week. Not surprisingly, given the nature of their operation, they bill immediately on placement of an order, not on shipment. After three months I gave up, requested cancellation of the orders and a refund of the charges and notified PayPal and my credit card company to refund my money. Three weeks after that, I receive a partial shipment, significantly the two most expensive items not included, and some weeks after that a letter from the credit card issuer stating the merchant has informed them the merchandise was shipped and the charge is reinstated. Four months after placing the orders, I am still dealing with having the fraudulent charges removed from my bill. Whether this is larceny or incompetence is irrelevant to me. If any of this sounds like fun to you, by all means send them money. My advice: Read the negative comments and ask yourself how there could be such a disparity from the rainbows and lollipops experiences of the purported five-star raters."

This review was modified by bilagaana on February 02 2017 09:45:01 AM

2017-01-31

Satisfied

"Got my order of 5 movies on 12/22. Quality is quite good considering these movies are 50+ years old, and they play well in both my dvd players. Also got a nice apology from LTC for the slight delay in shipping my items. I'm certainly willing to give them another chance. "

This review was modified by prunehorse on January 31 2017 09:00:02 AM

2017-01-30

Got 'em, thanks

"I received the movies I ordered one month ago. Thank you. "

This review was modified by scuttlesmovies on January 30 2017 01:15:01 PM

2017-01-29

Check stock levels first

"I won't hesitate to order from them again, but I would recommend you contact them to confirm what items are in stock before ordering since things aren't always as up to date on their site as maybe they should be. They don't guarantee delivery dates for things like Christmas, Valentine's
Day, etc. which is a HUGE disappointment. Fyi, paying for faster shipping won't get you that guarantee either.

This review was modified by iltnwoy on January 29 2017 12:00:01 PM

2017-01-26

Room for improvement

"It took 3 weeks for me to get my item, but they charge for things the day you place the order. Not thrilled by that, but they aren't doing anything against FTC rules. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie when it arrived. "

This review was modified by aousec13th on January 26 2017 05:30:02 PM

Returning customer

"I have placed about 10 orders with LTC for a total of about 40 discs. Of these 6 were faulty, but they were quick to replace them. They have also told me that they have implemented a new policy of testing out discs in a DVD player, not a computer, so hopefully I won't have to ask for any
replacements in the future. Orders seem to take 2-4 weeks to ship, but so far the movies have been worth the wait.

This review was modified by anby01-imn on January 24 2017 01:15:01 PM

I'll wait and see

"I had to wait for a bit just to get a partial shipment, but they did include a note that the rest of my order would follow shortly. They are fairly quick to respond to emails and once I get the rest of my order I will buy many, many more titles. Will probably give them 5 stars once I get the rest of my stuff. "

This review was modified by obnxmil on January 24 2017 11:45:02 AM

Enjoyable

"Awesome independent video shop! Well worth visiting because it has a really great selection of
all the popular stuff, as well as the rare and eclectic. Really broad selection of genres and a huge international section as well. It's a really great supplement to the more mundane stuff that you find on Netflix, etc. Prices are very reasonable for the rarity of things.

This review was modified by rrdeticxe on January 24 2017 11:00:02 AM

2017-01-22

Can't wait to come back

"Heard great things about this place so decided to check it out. I didn't have as much time to browse as I'd like, but already found a handful of things I haven't seen in years. Will be back soon for more!"

This review was modified by tcoalfyre on January 22 2017 04:45:02 PM

2017-01-19

As one of my friends would say, I die!!

"This place is video heaven! Of course, if you want one of the more obscure titles, make sure that you have a VCR. They have it all: horror, westerns, musicals, foreign, etc. If you check out the site not knowing what you want, you may end up with a basketful of movies!"

This review was modified by otherthanbye on January 19 2017 10:15:02 AM

2017-01-16

My take

"This is the kind of place that doesn't really need my help, or anybody's, on Reseller Ratings, but will get it anyway because they generate such goodwill. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. The selection is also great, full of hidden gems and a full selection of Criterions, new releases,
and re-emergent obscurities to boot.

This review was modified by uskbegging on January 16 2017 05:45:01 PM

Share LovingtheClassics.com's store rating

LovingtheClassics.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LovingtheClassics.com is not a merchant member
LovingtheClassics.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!