Stores > Nature Hills Nursery
  • Nature Hills Nu

Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review Nature Hills Nursery by clicking a star below.
2017-05-26

Dead bare roots.

"My order came partially after 5 weeks. The bare roots were pretty much dead. When call, they said it will came up in 6 weeks.
Nothing came up after 7 weeks . Wasted my money. When I asked them for replacement, initially they said, I have to pay half price plus shipment. When I said ok, they said, they do not have them on stock. This place is a rip off. Their tree are healthy only on their website photos......Horrible

2017-05-22

Awful plants, no support or service

"Ordered one of their bare root blue Wisteria trees. Arrived as a four foot stick with a tiny tuft of a root in October. Planted immediately in spite of doubts , but it never showed any sign of life this Spring. Nursery wants to charge me for another tree plus shipping to replace it. A cherry tree from the same order arrived a few weeks ago. It was a stick with a bit more root and planted immediately. It actually still has a few green leaves at the bottom, but the upper part of the stick is dead. Lesson is to not buy anything from them that is "bare root" because you are essentially buying a stick cutting from a tree that has been placed in water for a few weeks, hoping it will grow."

2017-05-16

Horrible service and even worse trees!

"I ordered 5 trees for this place. Big mistake! The two that actually looked like more than a tree, they chopped the tops off for shipping! Two of the trees weren't even the width of a pencil! They are all suppose to be 5-6ft healthy trees! I called customer service to have one of the twigs replaced and the agent was VERY rude. They probably get these calls a lot! I paid $70 per tree. I want to put this review out there so no one orders from this company!! "

2017-05-16

POOR customer service!!!

"Purchased 5 trees 2016, purchased guarantee for one year. 2017 two trees died, called for replacement, trees almost doubled in price.....could only replace one, had to speak to customer service THREE times, one week later STILL no trees, order was still not placed. Customer service VERY RUDE, will never order from them again!!!!!!!"

2017-05-15

WORST COMPANY EVER. BAR NONE. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY!

"THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH, PERIOD.
DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS SCAM WEBSITE.

I have NEVER written an online review. EVER. For anything.
Nature Hills Nursery is THE WORST. I paid $75 for a tree. They sent me a TWIG WITH NO LEAVES. Literally a Charlie Brown tree. I thought it was a JOKE. So I told them I wanted a refund. I would send their twig back and just refund me the money and I will go to Lowes and spend $75 on a REAL TREE, with LEAVES and everything.

They simply REFUSE! I am reporting this scam of a company to the Better Business Bureau. Absolutely ridiculous they WILL NOT REFUND the unsatisfied customer's purchase. If it is a "dormant tree" as they claim, then they should have NO TROUBLE TAKING A RETURN and selling it to some other sap who is dumb enough to do business with HORRIBLE COMPANY. BUT THEY WILL NOT ISSUE YOU A REFUND! HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Nature Hills Nursery: Shipment # 100215258 for Order # 100159870
Inbox
x

May 14 (1 day ago)

to Melody,
Melody, please see the attached. This is a joke. $75 for this? My dog is using it as a stick ...
The box arrived intact. It's what is inside that is the problem.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG
On May 9, 2017, at 12:39 PM, Melody B wrote:

Hello,

I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I did receive your pictures and I would need to see the tree outside of the box. We don't ask for customers to return the plants once they have been shipped. Once you have the tree out of the box, I would unwrap the plastic so we can have pictures of the root as well as the whole tree. I will also need pictures of the outside of the box as well as the packing slip we sent. I want to get this resolved for you and once I have the other pics, I can send them to my manager for his review and recommendation.

Melody

Thank you for choosing Nature Hills Nursery, the largest online nursery in the U.S.

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 7:05 PM, > wrote:

Yes I did not take it out of the box in the event I was just going to have to send it back, but see the attached.
Rob

On May 7, 2017, at 1:03 PM, Melody B wrote:

Hello,

I do apologize in getting back to you so late. I was just following up to see if you were able to take the pictures so I can send them to my nursery manager for his review and recommendation. I do want to help and I can promise you, no candid camera!

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 9:39 PM, wrote:

sure. the thing was a twig! it had no leaves. i didn't even bother to take it out of the box. i literally thought it was a joke and you guys had me on candid camera. why on earth would any company send a product out like that?!
i will send the photos tonight.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Melody B wrote:
Hello,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. However, in order to get this situation taken care of we will need for you to send us a photo of the tree, packing slip and the box. If you no longer have the box, please let us know if there was any box damage. Once the photos have been received we will forward them to our nursery manager for his review and feedback.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 1:38 AM, wrote:

Hello, I need to return this tree that arrived dead. What is your return process?

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sales
Date: April 29, 2017 at 11:34:43 AM CDT
Nursery: Shipment # 100215258 for Order # 100159870

Nature Hills Nursery
Hello,
Thank you for your order from Nature Hills Nursery. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at info@naturehills.com or call us at (888) 864-7663.

Your shipping confirmation is below. Please note that orders may arrive in multiple shipments. Separate email notices will be sent for each shipment. Thank you again for your business.

Please allow up to 24 hours for your shipment status to be updated in the tracking system.
Your Shipment #100215258 for Order #100159870
Shipped By Tracking Number
Tracking Number 363107616313336
Attachments area

2017-05-04

Terrible trees and they got order wrong!

"Avoid buying from this place, the trees are sticks, nothing arrives on time, u can rarely get anyone to answr the phone and Home depot do far nicer trees, cheaper!!! AVOID!!!"

2017-05-01

Slow Shipping with super small plants and trees. Dont buy from them

"Not only are there trees NOT 4-5 FT (they count the root ball) I order a tree and it never shipped me. I had to call after I waited 6 months, Just to find out the item was on back order?? No emails or confirmation for longer than 6 months??? Really??? Oh but it only gets worse from hereā€¦ Shortly after giving my CC # over the phone to Nature Hills, my Credit card was spoofed/copied and had to be deactivated 1 week later. Seems a bit odd that the same town the company takes orders from, just happened to be the exact location of an attempted $1 gas transaction that failed. Needless to say, I will not be doing future business with them, ever!

I found the exact same trees down the street from my house for $25 and it was twice the size, where as they charge $165 for the exact items.

2017-04-12

Deceptive

"Purchased a plant expecting the plant to look like the one on their website in the pot. When it arrived I was shocked that it had likely never been pruned with several feet of leggy growth. It was also nothing like the pic on their website. being much smaller and very thin. After I contacted them their email stated that the plants on their website are mature plants and that I could send them a pic for review which I did also emphasizing that I compared what I received to the pic of the plant in the pot on their website. Their response was wait until the plant matures. The plant is fast growing but it could take 2-4 years, probably 3 -4 for the plant to look like the one on their website. I will never order from this company again. They are very expensive even after the phony discount."

2016-10-06

Save Yourself Some Grief

"The most frustrating experience. 1) The website: when you add your billing address, it changes your shipping address unbeknownst to the buyer. 2) When I received an email showing that my two trees were being shipped to the wrong address, they would not contact FEDEX. ...so I contacted FEDEX and found that the ability to change the shipping address lies solely with the shipper. I contacted Nature Hills customer support again (and again and again) pleading with them to please contact FEDEX: they refused, talked over me, mocked me and would not let me speak to a supervisor. Please save yourself some grief and look elsewhere: these are not the people you want to support with your money.

It would be fabulous if Nature Hills cared to resolve this problem by contacting me. From my experience with their customer support, this is not likely, but I certainly would like to be wrong about this.

2016-09-16

RIP OFF HILL.COM

"stay away from them. I ordered apple tree and all I got was dead stick. When I called they wanted to charge me half of the cost + shipping for another tree. they have bogus reviews on their website that are nothing like real reviews on Yelp and elsewhere. They should change their name to ripoff hill.com!!!"

2016-09-14

A Very Bad Business

"I won't waste your time other than to say that you don't ever want to do business with Nature Hills Nursery. I was ripped off. Seems that most other customers are too."

2016-08-18

Sick of Internet Shysters!

"I purchased a crape myrtle from this shyster company after speaking at length to one of their reps. This was last October 2015. I made it clear that it had to be pink, when she suggested purple, and she was aware that I can't stand purple and it would not look good next to my house. She then they gave me the number to order from their site for the pink and the price was what I did pay. *The purple was actually $10.00 more . When the tree arrived it looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree in a cardboard box. I planted it and hoped for the best. Low & behold it just bloomed a couple weeks ago and it is PURPLE! The one color on this planet I despise the most. There was no packing slip that said that it was purple either or it would have been returned. Now, they will not give me a credit. BUYERS BEWARE. They are not member of the BBB (for obvious reasons). The internet is full of complaints about them and I have learned a very good lesson. No more internet purchases from substandard companies. I will do my research first. A complaint has been filed with the Attorney Generals office in Nebraska."

2016-07-26

Nature Hills ****

"First, know that the reviews on their website are cherry-picked. My negative review on the product page for the tree I purchased magically doesn't show up.

And beware that they're "guarantee" is that you have to pay half the price plus shipping for a replacement, but first wait 8 weeks. Nature Hills sent me 3 fruit trees. 2 looked great and one looked pretty sad. All their info online says the trees are deeply dormant so I put all three in the ground. Two weeks later I called Nature Hills to tell them that the tree was looking pretty dead. It sprouted a couple leaves at the very bottom - a tree's last ditch effort at making it. They told me to wait 6 more weeks for it to break dormancy. I called several times in that time, did a scratch test for them showing a dead trunk and they still refused to honor their "guarantee" until 8 weeks passed. So not only do they want me to pay their cost for replacing the tree, but it's now too late to plant bare root trees.

2016-05-25

If I could give zero stars I would! Avoid Nature Hills!

"Check the BBB first before purchasing anything from Nature Hills Nursery. The shear number of complaints against the company is testimony of how poor a company they really are.

I had customer service issues, guarantee/warranty issues, product issues, refund/exchange issues, service issues, and sales practice issues. In my opinion, Nature Hills should not be in the customer service industry!

I purchased a Chinese Wisteria Tree from Nature Hills. When the tree arrived, it looked dead. I immediately contacted Nature Hills and they said that the tree was dormant and to plant the tree and give it some time. I planted the tree immediately according to their direction and instruction. A week later I contacted Nature Hills again because the tree still did not have leaves. I did this every week for two months. I even sent them pictures of the tree, at their request, proving that the tree was dead. Nature Hills kept telling me to give it more time.

What they were doing was stringing me along until I was no longer in any type of warranty period. They even tried to blame the annual flowers that I planted at the base of the tree for sucking the life out of the tree! Crazy! The annuals were planted seven weeks later! Then, when I asked for a replacement or refund, they said that they would not warrant the tree and my only option was to purchase a new one and pay for the shipping as well! Nature Hills has quite the scam going on. What they seem to be doing is sending the customers that don't purchase additional warranty coverage dead trees then only offer them the option to purchase another tree and pay for the shipping as well! When they complain that the tree arrived dead, they string them along to make sure that they are out of the 45 hour warranty period. Then they string them along another few months and try to blame other factors for the dead of the tree. I would imagine that the customers that purchased an additional extended warranty coverage got the living trees. You can tell by the shear number of complains against Nature Hills that they have some serious fraudulent sales practices going on.

Avoid this company!

2016-04-02

RUN from Nature Hills

"This company is nothing but a middle man scam business that sells plants without ever seeing what they sell. They advertise midwest grown trees but two of my trees came from Alabama. I was also told that some of their trees come from California which is not a midwest state. I bought 8 trees last fall and planted them as soon as they arrived. Not one of the trees planted show signs of life nor did they show signs of life when I planted them but was told that they were dormant. The company is willing the replace the trees at half the price of new plus shipping which cost almost half of what the trees cost. This is not a creditable company, do not waste your money on any products from this company!"

Share Nature Hills Nursery's store rating

Nature Hills Nursery is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Nature Hills Nursery is not a merchant member
Nature Hills Nursery does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!