Stores > Norm Thompson
  • Norm Thompson

Voice your opinion! Review Norm Thompson by clicking a star below.
2017-04-05

Gives customers false information; no concern over informing giver that recipient returned gift

"My daughter received a gift from Norm Thompson, which she didn't like. I called customer service to see exactly how to exchange it for something else, and was told that I shouldn't exchange the item, that it'd be better to return it for a refund, then use the money to order something else. Falsehood #1

So, I filled out the return form, which had a choice of two boxes to check: refund to original purchase method, or mail a refund check to the recipient (my daughter). Falsehood #2

I chose the refund check to my daughter. I was very careful to fill it out correctly because I didn't want my mother-in-law to know her granddaughter didn't like her gift. After two months and no check received, I called, and was told legally they cannot send a refund check to my daughter, it must be credited to the credit card used to purchase it. My mother-in-law. Who now knows my daughter didn't like the gift she gave her, because she unexpectedly received a refund credit.

All the customer service supervisor could tell me was "they should change that form because legally, we have to refund the purchaser". Ya think? She also told me I could have avoided this by doing an exchange. Which I was told not to do. I told her, "YES, you SHOULD change the form, and you should also train your customer service reps not to tell customers not to do exchanges. (Although to be honest, there was literally nothing my daughter (or I) liked in the same price range as the original gift.)

Horrible customer service. Will never do business with them again.

2015-08-12

"If you were a fan of this company 25 years ago and haven't ordered from them recently, I have a serious suggestion for you...DON'T! I used to love the men's shorty tricot pajamas, and recently decided to replace 3 pair of torn and tattered ones from many years ago. Not only have they cheapened the fabric, but they've shrunk the sizes while increasing the price! It also took Norm Thompson 10 DAYS to ship, despite the items being in stock! When I called to find out why my order hadn't been sent, I was told "we can't seem to find your order, sir." My reply..."well, you'd better, you charged our credit card 6 days ago." I will not shop here again, nor do I recommend you do!"

2014-11-10

"Customer service for this company is non-existent. I recently returned an item for a size exchange using the prepaid label. After two weeks, I called to check the status of the return and (after being on hold for more than 5 minutes) was told that it often takes up to 3 weeks to process, to give it another week. They would not even try to track the item. I was told that I'd get an email when the exchange was processed. If I don't hear from them, I'll have to repeat the phone call and long wait, and still not sure if I'll ever get the item or even a refund if it isn't available. I do NOT recommend this company!"

2014-10-02

"Norm Thompson used to be a very good company, but I can't say that any more. I placed an order online. They didn't like the address, which was a perfectly good address. Did they call me? No. Did they email me? No. Two weeks later I received a postcard telling me to call them about the order. Two weeks! I called and told them it was a good address and two days later they finally shipped it. I have been a customer for many years, but they will no longer be getting my business."

2014-07-12

"I bought a nightgown from them. First they shipped me the wrong size. I shipped it back via my own carrier and they still charged me $9.99 shipping to send it back. Then I got the correct size and the it tore in 1 night. I sent it back again via my own carrier and again they charged me shipping of $9.99. I did not use their label and even wrote on the slip not to charge me shipping, but they did anyway - Twice! Will never buy from them again."

2013-12-07

"norm Thompson shipped an item even though I cancelled the item by two emails two months ago. When I called their customer service, to protest, they said well you should have called us. And no, we won't send you a prepaid mailing label to return item! Lousy attitude and lousy customer service "

2013-11-27

"Terrible company. I placed an order and a month later had not received it. I found out that because one item was not available they had put the whole order on hold. When I emailed to ask about it, they cancelled that one item and emailed back that they were sending the rest. Even though it was within 20 minutes of receiving the email that I sent one back asking to cancel the whole order, I was told that it was "too late" and that the order would be processed. What a bunch of jerks. I am still fighting with them by email to try to cancel it. "

2013-09-03

"This is the rudest spamming company that does not respect it's customers and their requests! I've requested to be removed from your catalog list 7 (seven) times since February, filed 2 complaints and called in person at least twice. A representative of your company, Vicky, assured me that I will not be getting more catalogs. And today here it is, your catalog, again. I do not understand why your company is so rude and shameless and ignoring multiple requests to stop spamming and waste paper! I do not want your products! It's just plain rude, unprofessional, and does not help your brand at all. I really had enough. Buyer beware: this company does not respect it's customers."

2013-01-15

"They have been scamming a lot of people, including my elderly mother, by enrolling them in a 'rewards' program that costs $15/month, charged to your credit card. You have to opt out online or you are enrolled. Seriously lame!"

2012-05-03

"I placed an order for a nightie and a pair of pants in the afternoon of 30 April 2012. At 12:34am, on 1 May I received an email indicating my order had shipped. There were no pants, but a blouse I had not ordered. I tried immediately to call customer service; they were closed til next morning. Called 1 hr after they opened on May 1, was told they couldn't check my order status, but would call me back. No call back. I tried customer service again shortly before 5pm (when they close for the day)and was told the order had been shipped (with no pants, and the wrong item). The lady told me all I could do was place a second order for the pants. I did. No email confirmation. I have no idea where things stand now, but I will never EVER deal with these cretins again."

2012-03-27

"Placed an order for mens pants. After 6 days of no feedback from them called customer service. After trying to wade through their automated system that couldn't understand my order number, finally got to a human being. They said pants that are hemmed add "6 to 10 days" to the order leadtime. She had no further information about their status. 6-10 days? Really? Lands End takes 2 to do the same thing.

Moral of the story? If you're ordering in preparation for a trip of any kind, I'd suggest giving them 3 weeks, at least, to ship your stuff.

2011-03-21

"Do not order from this company! My boyfriend placed an order for a pair of black boots for my birthday. He received an email confirmation. The took it upon themselves to send brown instead of black. The item has been returned but they are now saying it takes a minimum of 2 weeks to process the refund. Give me a break! It didn't take them two weeks to take the money out of our account. "

2011-03-09

"Norm Thompson has filed bankruptcy, is screwing the businesses that have provided product for them to sell, and is still continuing to provide products for sale. Please think twice before ordering from them!!!"

2010-07-08

"I ordered # 30991 Plus Paisly Pleated Silk top. The ratings in the catalog were very high. I received the top, with no tags and the collar was the same pattern, but several shades lighter. The price was $ 49.50 and I expecteted the collar to match. I promptly returned this item, with the return sticker on the invoice. I paid $ 63.48 for the item and the shipping, ( $4.99 for Generic Express 5 day ) and had $ 41.00 returned to my credit card. The loss to me was $ 22.48 for returning a defective product. I called and Norm Thompson told me that I should have called before returning. They agreed to wave the $ 8.50 for return fees, but stated that they would not return my original shipping, (this was policy). So I am out $ 13.98 and have no top!
I also rated the top on Norm Thompson's own website and my rating never showed up!

2008-12-24

"I placed a Christmas order on Dec 12, 2008 with Norm Thompson(NT.) I received the usual order confirmation, but no "Your Order hsd Shipped" notice. I tried to call Customer Service and received a message "We are experiencing an unusually high number of calls, please try back later." I did call numerous times over a 5 day period and received the same message; I also sent 3 e-mails, eash more testy than the last. Finally, on Dec. 23, I received a call from a very courteous and knowledgeable lady with information concerning a companion order that I had made. She told me that a higher than expected volume of orders and bad weather had created shipping problems and that I might receive my order on the 24th, if not then on th 26th. As I was leaving this morning (Dec. 24) to find something to wrap and put under the tree, the package came. This was a harrowing experience that I hope I don't soon have to repeat. On Norm Thompson's behalf, I order from them regularly and items are usually delivered on time and there has never been a problem reaching customer service by phone or e-mail. My husband wears a hard-to-find (locally) size and I depend on NT for those. (Consequently, I have had shipping problems with everything that I have ordered online because of heavy loads and bad weather affecting UPS and FedEx. I will definitely order from NT again."

Share Norm Thompson's store rating

Norm Thompson is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Norm Thompson is not a merchant member
Norm Thompson does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!