Stores > Orbit Communication
  • Orbit Communica

Voice your opinion! Review Orbit Communication by clicking a star below.
2004-09-08

" --Six Charged in Connection with DDoS-For-Hire Case
(27/26 August 2004)
Six men have been indicted on charges stemming from an alleged
distributed-denial-of-service (DDoS) attack-for-hire scheme. Jay
Echouafni, CEO of satellite television company Orbit Communication, and
a business partner allegedly hired four people to launch DDoS attacks
against competitors' web sites. The attacks, which began in October
2003, caused $2 million USD in lost revenue and direct costs to three
Orbit competitors and an ISP. Echouafni posted $750,000 USD bail this
spring and is believed to have fled to his native Morocco. The charges
in this case were brought as the result of the US Justice Department's
Operation Web Snare (see below).

2004-08-09

"This company is a total scam. I ordered over a week ago, giving them my cc number, drivers license number, ssn, etc. To date, they have not shipped nor have they contacted me. They advertise "ship within 24 hours". Be advised: they lie!!!!! I am very concerned with identity theft with this outfit. Stay far away!!"

2004-03-11

"This company bites. I bought a directTivo from them which failed within a month. Trying to get it RMA'd was a nightmare. They tried every trick in the book - even pretended that their phones weren't working properly and couldn't hear my voice. After 2 weeks of the run-around (our computers are down, our RMA supervisor is sick, our phones are faulty) I finally had to get my credit card company to reverse the charges. Avoid at all costs."

2003-11-03

" I bought a Tivo system from this company and have nothing but great things to say about them. My father recommended them he has been a customer of Orbit since 1997 and he bought all of his satellite equipment there. He told me that they have some of the lowest prices every time he checked them out. I checked for myself and found that they were $200 cheaper on the receiver I bought from a local store.."

2003-11-03

"I got my free 4 room Directv system in 3 days and it was installed the same week. I am very happy with this company. Their service is excellent. I liked the fact that they are open 24 hours per day. Very professional company."

2003-10-19

"When I wanted to return a misadverised item they agreed to give me a refund (after weeks of runarounds.) They sent another unit instead. When I returned that (using their supplied carrier and RMA #) they said they can't find it even though I supplied them with the tracking info that showed it was indeed received and signed for. So I am now out $230 and have no unit and they won't return my e-mails or phone calls. It's been almost 3 months since the purchase. When I posted all this (giving many more details) on the TIVO community website I got a phonecall the next day from Orbit's lawyer saying they were going to file a lawsuit against me if I didn't delete my comments. Good customer services, wouldn't you say? Oh, and they STILL claim their ad isn't misleading even though the manufactuer and every other website states otherwise."

2003-10-11

"Tried to buy a replacement satellite reciver. Needed ones with low speed data port. Orbitsat was $20 less than anyone else, but NOT MENTION OF THIS CONTRACT CRAP ANYWHERE.

Ordered, provided my credit card & other info, then nothing. Called them, was told I need to sign a contract. Bullshit - I already have a DirecTV account!

Beware - their prices are a lure, and they are trying to sell only to NEW customers. Existing DirecTV customers cannot buy from them, really.

2003-09-10

"The company promises "ships in 24 hours" all over their website. if you call them and ask, they say sure, get your order in by 12 noon, and your order will ship today, if not tomorrow. for the next 2 days, they can't tell you when it ships and can't provide a tracking number. after 2 days, their story is, and i quote here, "normally, 24 hours to process the order, 72 hours to ship". she also went on to say "it probably has already shipped". don't believe them when they say 24 hours to ship. "

2003-08-13

"I am not happy with having to sign a contract after you buy from these people. I should have checked with this site be for I bought. All I wanted was a new reciever to replace one that is broken."

2003-04-08

"I purchased a 2 room RCA system and was very impressed with the company the equipment was delivered within two days and the installer had called me to the 2 nd day. I had my dish installed on Wednesday the 26th. I had a very good experience with this retailer and actually referred both my father and my sister to their company. "

2003-03-25

"looked on here and decided to be carefull and call and ask questions. told nothing extra. tried to place an order and found a 1 year comitment added on. was ok with the 1 year nad tried to ckeck on some of the other contractual stuff and could not find it on thier site. went to finish my order and was bumped to lost session and asked to call them directly"

2003-01-25

"I was not told that there was a contract required to purchase my DIRRECWAY one-way satellite internet system. The information did not appear anywhere during the ordering process, or any subsequent confirmation email. I only found out about it when I checked the status of my order. I was not called on the phone to inform me that my order was delayed because of this contract. This caused several days of unnecessary delay. The process of having to fax in the completed contract was also very cumbersome. The overall customer service experience was very poor in my experience. I was unable to get answers to my questions about shipping dates. Some information I was given was incorrect. I spoke to a customer service supervisor to make a formal complaint and was treated very indifferently. This person did not care about my complaint. They simply told me that this is the way it works."

Share Orbit Communication's store rating

Orbit Communication is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Orbit Communication is not a merchant member
Orbit Communication does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!