Stores > Outside Outfitters

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.77/10 0.77/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review Outside Outfitters by clicking a star below.
2017-07-12

Outside Ethics And Decency

"I ordered from them on the 25th. My order includes a Marmot sleeping bag. According to their site, it takes five to seven days, plus shipping time, to fulfill the order.

Well, it's the 12th and I still have nothing. I'm leaving for a trip (for which I ordered the sleeping bag) on the 18th. I just got an e-mail saying the order is "in process" and is within the normal time parameters.

I should have known something was amiss when they took my money as soon as I placed the order, even though it was a Sunday, but took more than two weeks before they even communicated with me. Most other retailers don't charge your credit or debit card until they've shipped your order.

They're in Missouri, so I'll say to them: Show me some customer service!

2017-07-07

I wish I could give 0 stars. What a joke.

"This is by far the worst online retailer I have ever dealt with. They should be shut down. I ordered a bike frame from them, the site says to expect a 2-3 day processing time, this is ridiculous but ok. 10 days after my order I call to check the status and the rude guy on the phone tells me to stop being impatient and I should appreciate his low prices. He claims it will ship from the manufacturer to his shop in a couple days then he can ship it to me... Seriously? So 3 more days go by and I get an email saying it shipped but no tracking info yet.... 2 days later still nothing so I emailed asking about it... 2 days go by no response. We're looking at 17 days and still no tracking info. This is a really slimy operation. Do not give any of your hard earned money to this guy.. I would rather support Walmart or even ISIS than this idiot."

2017-07-06

Terrible service

"I ordered my sunglasses 2 weeks ago and they still have not arrived. I sent two emails and they do not respond. They advertise 2-3 days shipping. Do NOT buy from them. I will have to cancel my credit card transaction ...what a hassle!!!!"

2017-06-29

It they aren't liars, they are incompetent

"Same as all the other negative reviewers. Ordered items, told backordered, waited, cancelled order, waited, confirmed to get a credit, waited, and waited, and waited..... Seems to me they are willing to take the bad feedback from all of us in order to $crew anyone who forgets to verify that Outside Outfitters knows how to actually credit a credit card. Based on all the reviews, it seems highly likely that they knowingly do this to consumers. As others have stated, fortunately I found the same items on Amazon at the same '**** you in, too low to be true' price, and had my item from Amazing in 2 days. Please learn from all of these honest posters and don't be taken for a fool by this POS company. "

2017-06-28

Liars and thieves.

"Outside Outfitters claims to have items in stock that they do not officially have in their warehouse. Weeks go by without your item shipping. They lack customer service skills entirely. Rude, unhelpful and impatient. When Outsider Outfitters agreed to refund card, they failed to provide a cancellation number. What an enormous hassle. Nearly $300 dollars lost from this company. Disputing issue with CC company. This "business" should not be operating. "

2017-06-27

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS

"DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS. I purchased a jacket. They told me it was on backorder so I said I'd wait. A month later I decided I'd rather have a refund. They said they would issue a refund and I never got it. I emailed them and they said they were having problems with their credit card system and I'd have to call to give them my CC# again. Tried calling during their business hours multiple times over a couple weeks...nobody answered, ever. Probably 50+ calls. I emailed again and they told me they could issue a refund through paypal. Never received a refund. Now it's been too long and my bank won't do anything to help me. F*** these guys."

2017-06-22

Nothing but a scam

"Same experience as many others: I ordered parts, they charged my card, parts never came, but excuses flowed like water. Wish I had come here before making a transaction with these @$$holes. Credit card company taking care of it. I also wish there was more we could do to stop turds like this."

2017-06-19

Never shop at Outside Outfitters!

"I ordered a summit style jacket in September 2016 and needed it shipped express. It arrived the day after I left for my trip. I returned the jacket 2 weeks later and expected a refund to be credited to my account. A couple of weeks went by and nothing was refunded. I patiently waited about 2 more weeks & checked my credit card again. Nothing. I phoned & sent an email. No response. Finally after 2 months someone responded giving me this unbelievable story about their accounting department. He assured me this would be taken care of. I have sent a reminder email, left vm message every week since. NO one returns either message. A complete waste of my time and an unbelievable way to do business. I would never shop there again!"

2017-06-15

Race Face Seat Post and Salsa Clamp

"The site is easy to navigate. The price was awesome. I got an email telling me what to expect. The item was shipped in about a week. Perfect--as promised All good. This is one of my go to companies. Always reliable. Shipping speed isn't lightning fast--but its fine. I know that from so many transactions over the years. Price and Service is second to non. Thank you again!!"

2017-06-04

SCAM----FAKE WEBSITE-----DO NOT ORDER!!!!!!!

"Ordered Stans No Tubes Kit from them for 44.00. I suspected something amiss because they were 20.00 cheaper than anyone else. Never got a confirmation email that the order went through. Looked online and saw all the reports of fraud. Called my credit card company and cancelled the order. Thank gosh my order was in pending mode and hadn't gone through yet. Buyer beware. Steer clear."

2017-05-04

They take your money and don't ship or refund

"Ordered pedals Feb 13, 2017. Never received them. Said on back order. Finally I cancelled and they said they would refund. That never happened. Then they said they switched credit card vendors so couldn't credit my card so could they credit my Pay Pal That never happened either. So here is May 4, 2017 and I haven't received any pedals or money and they have stopped replying to my emails. I called my credit card company to dispute the charges as a last resort. "

2017-05-01

Outside Outfitters should be banned from internet sales.

"I ordered an item four weeks ago and still have not received it, even though on their web site it says it is available. They charged my credit card shortly after I ordered the item, which I believe is illegal. I have inquired about this order two times and get a response that they are waiting on a shipment which includes the item I ordered (which still says it is available on their website). This is an internet scam company and should be shut down. I will initiate a dispute claim with my credit card company tomorrow."

2017-05-01

Stay away.

"Fraudulent website -- seriously avoid at all costs. Ordered bike part, never delivered. I lost 80 dollars."

2017-04-21

worst buying experience of my life

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS VENDOR!!

I have been waiting on a refund from them for over 3 months now. These people will steal your money.

2017-04-18

Terrible Customer Service

"As most everyone else has said, I had the same experience. Item I ordered was supposedly in stock. After about a week I finally received an order confirmation, then I waited several more days. The item had still not shipped. I called to cancel it, and they did not send an email or refund as they said they would. It has now been 17 calendar days since I placed the order and I just called them again. The guy told me that I spoke to his stand-in and supposedly they will issue the email and refund now. I would be VERY hesitant to even entertain ordering from these clowns again.

If you are trying to buy a tandem stoker stem, go to TandemsEast.com and order from them on the phone. I had an excellent and quick experience.

Share Outside Outfitters's store rating

Outside Outfitters is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Outside Outfitters is not a merchant member
Outside Outfitters does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!