Stores > Outside Outfitters

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.76/10 1.76/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.76/10 1.76/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.76/10 1.76/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Outside Outfitters by clicking a star below.
2017-09-19

6 weeks and counting since my order

"I ordered two items on Aug 6 and still don't have them on Sept 19. I contacted customer service a few weeks ago and this is what they said to me: "Stage 1 of 2 Completed: Stock has been allocated at the warehouse. In Stage 2 your order will be prepared for delivery. Please allow 2-5 business days to complete this Stage, after which you will receive a 2nd email with your tracking number." Tell me what that means. Don't purchase anything from this company. There are many good merchants with the same products."

2017-09-13

Horribly slow!

"11 days after my order has been placed and item still hasn't been shipped, and the item is in stock. Took 4 days to get a response regarding the delay via email, and couldn't give an ETA. Trying to cancel my order, and won't deal with this place again. Unfortunately I seen the poor reviews after I placed an order."

2017-09-05

Misleading shipment dates. Terrible customer service

"I submitted an order for a pair of Dual Eyewear glasses om 8/16. Your web site said that products ship within 2-3 days. I planned to use these for a century ride on 8/25 so paid for three day shipping. I did not hear anything from Outside Outfitters until I called on August 19th. I was told that there should be no issue getting the glasses by the 25th. I called again on the August 24th and was told that you did not have the glasses available to ship so obviously would not get them for the 8/25 ride. I did not receive the glasses until September 1st. There was never any communication from Outside Outfitters to provide a status on the order. The web site talks about how proud they are of their customer service but I found it severely lacking. I do not intend to order anything else from Outsider Outfitters and will discourage anyone who asks me about Outside Outfitters from ordering from them."

2017-08-30

Avoid at all costs

"Not only did it take over a month to get my "rush" order but their "customer service" is virtually non-existent. STAY AWAY.

I ordered a tent on July 15th with expedited shipping. On July 20 I wrote to ask for shipping information. July 21 I got an emailed updating that the "stock has been allocated at the warehouse." Same day I asked for a refund for expedited shipping, which they did provide. July 24 the item "is proceeding to the fulfillment stage." July 28 I asked for an update. July 31 I got an email saying the item is being prepared for delivery. August 1 I asked them to cancel the order. August 8 the item shipped. I wrote again saying I don't want this anymore. August 9 they say they can't cancel (after it has been processed for shipment from the warehouse." August 14 I asked for an RMA. August 22nd I the tent FINALLY arrived. I emailed again asking for an RMA. August 23rd they say the RMA info is my order number and refused to pay for shipping to return it.

2017-08-28

Excellent Service. I will use again.

"Excellent service and I will use again. I had a great experience overall. They helped me find a bike part that was challenging to find. I did have to follow up a few times. I will go back to Outside Outfitters again."

2017-08-24

Fake website

"Don't order anything. You won't get your order and they will keep your money. Reported to BBB and fraud report to the bank."

2017-08-23

pathetic scamboat

"Avoid the outfit for sure. There is a procrastinating scammer at the wheel of that boat. Don't get taken for a ride on that cruise. It's a stinking, sinking ship. "

2017-08-13

Don't waste your time!

"Seriously, don't waste your time. I thought to myself "maybe my experience will be different" I was wrong. The timeframes listed on their site are for show and set false expectations. I truly wonder if they ever actually fulfill orders, or just BS their, an I use this term loosely, customers. I have requested cancellation several times and they simply don't respond. Contacting my bank on Monday. "

2017-08-10

Check the 5 star review profiles

"If Outside Outfitters spent more time shipping orders than creating fake positive reviews, they wouldn't have to do them at all!! How crazy can you be to create a business and strive on customer service, along with a plethora of satisfaction guarantees, and then do the entire opposite. Waste of time. "

2017-08-10

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, DO NOT SHOP HERE

"I purchase bike parts online pretty regularly, easily spending thousands of dollars per year, and I have to say Outside Outfitters has been my worst experience by far.

I had to cancel my order A MONTH after placing it because nothing ever shipped!!! I called customer twice to find out what was going on, and both times the guy was very short with me and didn't seem to care at all. When I finally cancelled the order, it took another 2 weeks to get a refund (and even then, I had to file a dispute with my credit card company).

Just an awful experience, stick with one of the more reputable online shops: Jenson, Pricepoint, Universal, even eBay is better than these guys. I honestly don't understand how they are still in business.

2017-07-26

Had excellent experience with Outside Outfitters

"I had an excellent experience with Outside Outfitters. They helped me find the correct specs for a RockShox bike fork upgrade. I did not have problems mentioned here. I'll order from them again."

2017-07-12

Outside Ethics And Decency

"I ordered from them on the 25th. My order includes a Marmot sleeping bag. According to their site, it takes five to seven days, plus shipping time, to fulfill the order.

Well, it's the 12th and I still have nothing. I'm leaving for a trip (for which I ordered the sleeping bag) on the 18th. I just got an e-mail saying the order is "in process" and is within the normal time parameters.

I should have known something was amiss when they took my money as soon as I placed the order, even though it was a Sunday, but took more than two weeks before they even communicated with me. Most other retailers don't charge your credit or debit card until they've shipped your order.

They're in Missouri, so I'll say to them: Show me some customer service!

2017-07-07

I wish I could give 0 stars. What a joke.

"This is by far the worst online retailer I have ever dealt with. They should be shut down. I ordered a bike frame from them, the site says to expect a 2-3 day processing time, this is ridiculous but ok. 10 days after my order I call to check the status and the rude guy on the phone tells me to stop being impatient and I should appreciate his low prices. He claims it will ship from the manufacturer to his shop in a couple days then he can ship it to me... Seriously? So 3 more days go by and I get an email saying it shipped but no tracking info yet.... 2 days later still nothing so I emailed asking about it... 2 days go by no response. We're looking at 17 days and still no tracking info. This is a really slimy operation. Do not give any of your hard earned money to this guy.. I would rather support Walmart or even ISIS than this idiot."

2017-07-06

Terrible service

"I ordered my sunglasses 2 weeks ago and they still have not arrived. I sent two emails and they do not respond. They advertise 2-3 days shipping. Do NOT buy from them. I will have to cancel my credit card transaction ...what a hassle!!!!"

2017-06-29

It they aren't liars, they are incompetent

"Same as all the other negative reviewers. Ordered items, told backordered, waited, cancelled order, waited, confirmed to get a credit, waited, and waited, and waited..... Seems to me they are willing to take the bad feedback from all of us in order to $crew anyone who forgets to verify that Outside Outfitters knows how to actually credit a credit card. Based on all the reviews, it seems highly likely that they knowingly do this to consumers. As others have stated, fortunately I found the same items on Amazon at the same '**** you in, too low to be true' price, and had my item from Amazing in 2 days. Please learn from all of these honest posters and don't be taken for a fool by this POS company. "

Share Outside Outfitters's store rating

Outside Outfitters is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Outside Outfitters is not a merchant member
Outside Outfitters does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!