Stores > Pro-star
  • Pro-star Pro-star Elite Status

8:00 to 18:00 M-F
      rma@pro-star.com

Product & services pricing Rating 8.89/10 8.89/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.44/10 9.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.50/10 9.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Pro-star by clicking a star below.
2017-05-01

Extraordinary service

"Great experience with Pro-star. As a servicemember, I received relatively short notice that I was being sent on an individual augmentee deployment, so I was on the market for a performance laptop with a short turnaround. Pro-star provided prompt, honest, and timely service the whole way. Their representatives demonstrated individualized consideration and attention to detail, and I would not hesitate to order from them again."

2017-04-19

Awesome experience!

"Unbeatable prices and great customer service! This guys are awesome!!"

2017-03-15

Amazing Laptop, And Even Better Laptop

"Pro- star has very good customer service, their response time is fairly quick, and very polite and helpful. The customization is awesome on the products! The process was very smooth and worry free. The gaming laptop exceeded my expectations!"

2017-02-02

First PC Laptop Experience

"Bought a P650RS-G Through Amazon. I called Prostar to upgrade my shipping, they were courteous and helpful"

2017-01-31

Great service / Better Price

"I bought my 1st laptop w/ Pro-star 4 years ago and they had the absolute best prices. Excellent customer service; no issues...buy w/ confidence."

2017-01-21

After 1 year, still thrilled with my purchase

"I bought an MSI computer from Prostar last January after my old Dell died. They were incredibly responsive on the phone, shipping was fast, and I could not be happier with the product. Best of all, the price delivered was the best I could find anywhere. I couldn't think of a criticism if someone paid me to do so.

Getting all my

2017-01-20

Smooth Transaction

"I brought a Laptop in 2013. Time for an upgrade. Good company"

2016-12-22

Pro-star.com Rocks !!

"Very satisfied customer. Great service and quality. Will buy every time from Pro-Star !"

2016-12-19

The Review of Prostar/Clevo P653-RS-GS

"The laptop works basically very well. It runs very quiet when not running a game. It also runs game like Rise of Tomb Raider smoothly. The temperature of the laptop is good too. My only complain is that the number of interface CRC Error Count of the hard drive is raising. it's not a big problem though."

2016-11-03

Quality products, excellent service.

"Over a year ago, I purchased a laptop (P650SG) from Pro-star. It arrived with everything advertised however I did have a technical problem with the screen not turning on. However, I managed to fix it myself after discovering the connector was merely loose. During this short period, I emailed pro-star and they were very helpful and offered quick service to help me find the problem. That was the extent of my experience with customer service, but I was very satisfied since they made sure I was happy with my product, and I was."

2016-11-01

Great Product/Super support

"This is an amazing company as far as tech support. Easy returns. Good follow-up. Their products are top-of-the-line and they can compete with anyone. I am about to purchase my second high-end computer and pass my other one on to my wife."

2016-09-24

Great Company

"Fast computer that has good graphics, decent battery life, and good build quality."

2016-09-20

A 5 stars Service!

"Some are thinking it is all about the merchandise, I would say the service. I bought my gaming laptop from Pro-star and it is the 4th time now to do so, even-though, I faced a malfunctioned device in my 2nd order. Pro-star changed it and send it back to me. Life is not perfect, and things happen time to time.

Keep the good work "Pro-star team"

2016-09-17

Great experience buying MSI GS43VR from Prostar!

"Buying from Prostar was a great experience from beginning to end. I spoke with several boutique notebook resellers before choosing Prostar, asking all of them about their quality assurance processes and potential discounts. Prostar impressed me because they were always quick to answer my (many) questions, never gave me canned responses, and surprisingly never even pressured me to buy from them. I was also impressed with the details of their quality assurance process - at least based off the answers given by the various resellers I spoke to, Prostar's process far surpasses the competition, as they will test the CPU and RAM; run GPU stress tests multiple times; look at the LCD for backlight bleed, flickering, and dead pixels; test the wireless, keyboard, audio, and every port; and conduct physical stress tests on the chassis. This quality assurance is a large reason why I went with Prostar (MSI has their own quality assurance process, but it helps to have second set of eyes look at your laptop before you receive it!)

Prostar also offers great prices compared to their competition, including what is by far the most affordable 1-year Dead Pixel Warranty I could find from any reseller, and they also offered a generous discount to me because I'm a member of the Notebook Review forums. They also went above and beyond by offering me, for free, overnight testing and customization for my notebook. This usually costs about $40, but because I had to wait two days after placing my order for Prostar to receive a shipment of GS43VR notebooks from MSI, they graciously offered to have my unit available to ship out in one day.

Upon receiving my GS43VR, which arrived on time, it looked like they had placed the computer, which MSI already had double-boxed, into a third box for additional protection. My computer was undamaged, clean, and had the custom Intel Wireless 8260 card I asked for in place of the stock Killer Wireless (I also asked them to remove the stock thermal paste and apply IC Diamond Thermal Compound to the CPU + GPU). Everything (ports, keyboard, screen, mouse, dGPU, etc.) worked out of the box and continues to work! The screen does have some small backlight bleed despite Prostar's QA, and I would have preferred even less, but some amount of backlight is almost always to expected to occur on a high-quality IPS panel. Some other MSI GS43VR owners have had issues with recurrent micro-stuttering, but I've (so far) been fortunate to avoid that. I've had mine for several weeks now, and I continue to be very pleased with its performance!

One small disappointment is that I had asked Prostar to send me pictures of the results of the GPU benchmarks they ran, and they weren't able to. I don't really hold that against them though, because speaking with their reps, it's clear that the request got lost in the shuffle when they kindly gave me the free upgrade to have my laptop ready to ship in one day. Plus, I've run my own tests and logged my own hours gaming, and I can say the GPU runs surprisingly cool for a 14" notebook and performs great! Given Prostar's thorough QA, I'm not sure if that would still be the case if I had bought through another reseller.

Overall, I had a fantastic experience with Prostar, and I would certainly buy from them again!

2016-08-16

Longest Lasting Laptop

"My Prostar laptop has run for the last eight years without a hiccup. It has been the most reliable computer I have ever owned and I am buying another one because I want to, not because I need to."

Share Pro-star's store rating

Pro-star is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Pro-star is a merchant member
Pro-star participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,408 merchant members.