Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.47/10 2.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.35/10 3.35/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.80/10 1.80/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.04/10 2.04/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-08-12

No Problems

"We have ordered hundreds of parts for years. Never had a problem. AAA+++"

2017-08-12

Wrong Oil Filter

"Ordered new drain plug and oil filter for 2014 Jetta. Oil Filter did not fit. Drove to local NAPA, and picked one up. Disappointing. On top of that paid $9.83 for filter + $5.99 shipping (with drain plug and crush washer). Local NAPA had for $7.11. Live and learn."

2017-08-09

Fraudulent

"Sent me **** bearings and I ordered Timken!"

2017-08-08

Rockauto is the ****t!

"100,000+ satisfied customer's don't give the good ratings only the bad. Fantastic selection to choose from, try that at your local parts store. "

2017-08-07

Never again

"I got two wrong parts from them when I was able to eventually use the other I had to totally return and then I had to fight with them to get a refund"

2017-08-07

Customer service joke

"My 1st ever order from rock auto was beyond great. 2003 acura cl type s 6 speed clutch kit came in under 2 days. Wow i was impressed. My master clutch cylinder however was a nightmare on my street. They sent the wrong part. Description is right but part is absolutely wrong. Tried to call. No way Jose. Can't talk to human at all. Now i got to pay return shipping for wrong part sent? Really rock auto?
They changed what i put in drop down box from WRONG PART to DON'T WANT. Now i have to pay to send this garbage back. I've read the reviews and i can only imagine how long it will take to get my money back.never again. Will pay hire price and be better off. DO NOT TAKE THE CHANCE

2017-08-05

Defective parts & won't exchange!

"I want to give 0 stars really. I ordered a fuel pump, got it installed a month later. It worked for a test drive around the block & thought it was great. Go to start the car the next day...and nothing! Went through the process of elimination & concluded it indeed was the fuel pump causing it not to start. My husband said that the part is defective.
I emailed rockauto.com & said that I am 5 days past the return policy & explained to them the part was defective & asked simply for an exchange fuel pump, didn't want the money back, just rather have a working fuel pump...they said no, you're too late!!!
So that's my experience with that company, **** parts & **** customer service. What a ripoff.

2017-08-03

Wrong part. order # 65106955 wheel hub and bearings. No customer service.

"I ordered a wheel hub for a 2005 Hyndai Tuson. Easy arder as the hubs and bearings are the same front and rear. However when my girlfriend got the time and the money to have it installed in CT, it turned out to be the wrong hub. The replacement hub was obviously larger and would not allow it to be installed. I tried to make contact with the company and noted the part was bought over 30 days (48) and the company would not honor a return. I tried to let the company know they were selling the wrong hub for this vehicle. There is no way to contact anyone in the company. The phone number will not allow you to speak to anyone referring you to their website no matter what option you chose. I can understand how many companies choose not to deal with the public however I was not going to ask for my money back. I was trying to let them know they have a faulty parts line to prevent further issues with the public."

2017-08-02

Selling used parts

"I ordered fuel injectors for my Ford escape. All came in new boxes except that in one of the boxes was a filthy used injector. Trying to return this was a challenge. I finally did get someone on the phone but he was very rude. Seems they don't want return business. It took a week but I finally got a new one. I do like their prices but service is terrible. "

2017-07-31

Package never recieved

"I purchase a condenser fan for my 97 Corolla and it was never recieved. They did a investigation and since they thought it could have been stolen they didn't refund me my money or did anything. Very very **** that this is the conclusion they came too. "

2017-07-30

Rock Auto tells lies and they also ****

"They sent a broken fuel pump and insisted I pay for return shipping. I said no and they got an attitude. I told RA that I would reverse the charges on my CC. At that moment RA started telling lies and making threats about not honoring any of my prior purchases warranties and also I couldn't use their website again. I said so what and that you will honor my warranties and that I was disputing the charge as soon as I hung up. Well RA hung up on me at that moment. I called my CC and disputed the charge and to make a long story short....I won the dispute, got refunded and RA sent me a prepaid shipping label, with an apology, in order to get their item back. I started not to even send it back, but I would be stooping down to their level. I instead bought one from Advance Auto."

2017-07-25

Sent me a part without packaging - Wouldn't take return without packaging!

"I ordered a part. It was shipped WITHOUT manufacturer packaging. In the end, I did not need it and requested a return authorization. I even pad the Pre-Paid Label Refund Deduction of -$6.14

I returned the part exactly as they sent it to my with corresponding documentation. I received an email from Mike S,
RockAuto Customer Service that they were not going to give me a refund due to missing packaging.

After several email exchanges, Mike told me they were going to dispose of the part because it was not in an original box with a UPC code attached.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

2017-07-23

Bait and switch

"I ordered a belt by Continental, it was a wholesaler closeout. The pictures were all of a Continental Elite belt. The part that arrived was in no way even close to similar as the one pictured. I emailed RockAuto and was told by Michael that i could return the part but that I would have to pay return shipping. I called rock auto and was told by David that the pictures do not matter! So sorry RockAuto but yes, the pictures matter, a lot! My buddies and I have spent thousands over the years with RockAuto. NEVER AGAIN! Over a shipping label, laughable!"

2017-07-22

CUSTOMER SERVICE NONEXISTENT

"Ordered a 4 wheel brake kit. The brake pads for the front rotors are wrong. Tried to contact them to no avail.They have a phone # but it won't do you any good, as all options loop you back to the website! It is IMPOSSIBLE to speak with an actual human being. I will never buy anything from them again. That low price won't do you any good if you have a problem. From now on I'll buy locally or from an online retailer that has a real customer service department; and yes, I will check first. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me."

2017-07-22

Bad Parts and Won't Accept Returns

"Bought a radiator for a Toyota Tacoma, their website lacks the filters to immediately let you know if it is for a 2WD, 4WD, automatic transmission, or manual transmission. It is written in black but they don't have the filters Ebay or Amazon has, which (Ebay, Amazon) will let you know immediately it's wrong. I ordered the wrong radiator didn't notice till final installation since all Tacomas of my year have the same radiator bolt bole pattern and only differ in radiator height. A weld-nut broke off on their cheap part. I wanted to return it but they claim I ordered the wrong part and refuse to refund it. They won't hear my case no matter who I talk or write to. Their part broke because it was cheap. I know that O'Reilly, Autozone, or any local company would have let me return and exchange it. Bottom line don't do business with these con artists."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!