Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.93/10 2.93/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.18/10 1.18/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.45/10 1.45/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-10-16

Bait and switch

"ordered, paid, received email stating I need to pay more for shipping. Classing bait and switch. Lower shipping than other sites then demand more money. Hold payment if you want to cancel and get a refund."

2017-10-11

return policy

"Wouldn't return 2 new controll arms 10 days past return policy,lost $230.00.2 sway bar links lasted 1 week.couldn'the wait 2wks out of work bought 2 at part store.sent the 2 bad ones back to place where the controls came from cause their website wouldn't show me the warehouse they came from cause they were defective they didn't want to accept the fact they have bad parts.Since I already had new ones installed & they wouldn'the refund me $$$ I lost the price of the sway bars. Your parts store is a better choice"

2017-10-11

Worst Customer Servie Ever

"Rock auto has absolutely horrible policies and customer service. I recently bought some body parts to fix a car on a tight time schedule. The first shipment, I was shipped incorrect parts. They refused to expedite the replacement to me even though it was their screw up. On a second shipment that arrived 3 days later, the part was broken due to insufficient and awful packing. Again, they refused to expedite a replacement part to me. In fact, they would not even ship out a replacement until the old part was picked up by Fed Ex. I even sent them pictures of the broken part!! I asked for a supervisor who could make an exception and expedite the part to me and he refused even though I had multiple problems! Now the other big complaint...They got rid of their customer service phone line!!!!!!! When you call in now, you are unable to speak to anyone except a receptionist if you keep hitting "0." She was RUDE and refused to let me talk to a supervisor and then hung up on me!! Their customer service has gone from what used to be pretty good to zero!!! I will never buy from Rock Auto again and recommend nobody ever buy from them!!"

2017-10-09

Trust Your Local Auto Parts Store

"Power steering pump was lost in the mail. One and a half weeks later, still waiting. Terrible customer service. It might cost a little more from your local retailer, but well worth it. I would still trust Amazon as well due to their awesome service. Buyers beware."

2017-10-09

You get what you pay for in life (If you're lucky).

"I am a professional technician with 40 years in the business. I use Rock Auto when I have the time to wait for a part because they are the lowest cost supplier of virtually everything, and while other reviewers have had awful experiences, my dozen or so orders have gone smoothly.

When I had a defective part, it seems unfair to have to pay return shipping, but I understand that for the margins Rock Auto must work with to sell at their prices, one cannot expect hand-holding.

My other distributors cover labor when they sell me a bad part, and obviously RockAuto offers almost zero support, but thankfully most parts are made well enough that bad new-parts are few and far between.

Bottom line, you pays your money and takes your chances.

2017-10-08

Terrible support and no real people toTalk to

"Ordered premium radiator new denso

Recieved open box old stock item that was very beat up.

Asked for help or replacement they refused to help now out 200.

2017-10-04

Charged for their mistake

"Ordered steering shaft for dakota and they sent me part that was 2 inches toof short. Customer service never responded and wanted charge me to send back their mistake. Cost me 1/3 of price to ship than what rockauto wanted. Use to buy from them a lot, but no longer. "

2017-10-03

Worst customer service known to man

"Bought an Audi water pump was sent a Toyota water pump.
Who does their quality control?? Evidently no one!!
I spent numerous time on their highly automated phone system and got no where.
My car is in pieces, I have had to rent a car and also pay duty and shipping on a part I have to return and re-order.
When I finally called in, all they said was we are very sorry and offered nothing to compensate me.
I asked them to send me the proper part by courier at their expense.. their answer "no, that is not our policy, we do not compensate clients".
THen asked me if I wanted to buy a new one from them.... I am beyond mad!

2017-09-29

Horrible customer service

"Horrible experience. I have been in the automotive industry for three decades and never experienced anything this bad. There is no customer service. Product never received. It has been a nightmare to try and get my money back even with detailed shipping information showing product has not arrived. It is not worth trying to save money using this company when the customer service is so bad. Was supposed to receive a call from a supervisor, that was three days ago. Rock auto.com please use invoice number listed if you want to contact me to make this right "

2017-09-29

was lied to told they couldn't help me

"Ordered some parts at the end in shopping cart did 2 day shipping on all of it 4 days went by call them they said I had two day shipping on all of it that it should have been there it was on the shipper called the shipper the shipper said that they did not put two day shipping on it call them back and they told me I only had 2 day shipping on two images and that they could not give me any money back I highly recommend you not to use them I will never use them agian"

2017-09-27

would not honor warranty and refered me to the manufacturer

"Horrible customer service purchased 4 shocks for my grand cherokee had a lifetime warranty but went bad after 8 months of use. Tried to get a defective exchange and was told they no longer work with this manufacturer and told me to contact the manufacturer. If they state that the item has a lifetime warranty and I have purchased the items from them they should honor that warranty not pass the buck. Horrible company and will tell the world about how i was treated."

Defective Part

"Bought 2 front struts. 1 was defective and snapped off a bolt during installation. Rockauto will not replace it. Had no problems with other strut. Will never order from rockauto again."

Brake calipers

"I ordered brake calipers, hoses, wheel speed sensor started the job on my suburban spent about a hour to hour and half messing around with the calipers trying to get the sleeves and allen bolts in I greased the o rings installed slid back and forth the first time and no more had to press the pins back out with a c-clamp out so I started a return for defective parts told meto hold the old parts for two weeks Wednesday I call Mondayto find out they are waitng for me to send parts back i had to pay for shipping back ,and then to have new ones shipped to me again $17.98 to me first time defective back $9.00 and $17.98 back again nope I did not do it I spent thousands with them over the years no more way to taking care of your costumers I will go shop at Advance auto parts"

2017-09-26

HORRIBLE. BEWARE. NEVER AGAIN BUY ANY PARTS FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

"Ordered exhaust system gaskets with some other parts. The gaskets arrived and all were visibly defective as they could be seen through the clear plastic bag they were in. The defective items should never been shipped to customer. Went to the Rock Auto website to return the gaskets and it would not print return label as the price for each separate gasket was less then the cost of return shipping label. Called the the 608-661-1376 number and explained the issue and the Rock Auto representative would not authorize the return and wanted picture of each item be sent and the total cost of the all the defective gaskets were less then $9.00. Explained to the guy that going through this trouble is just not worth my time and that he should trust the customer. He refused to authorize the return. Said to him screw Rock Auto as I will never again do business with Rock Auto.
Folks there are far better customer centric places you can buy parts on the internet. Do not ever go to RockAuto.com

2017-09-24

gone downhill to the point of basically being a fraud site

"I placed 3 large orders, in excess of $2000. I didnt realize that pieces were missing from the first two until it was too late (past the 30 day window) to the tune of around $80. Not the end of the world, on me, cant fight that.

But now this last one is just laughable. Ordered 4x of lifters. ie: 16 total. I received a box big enough to put 4 shoes in, packed full of bubble wrap, with a tiny box inside containing JUST 4 lifters of the 16 total.

If you go to their website and follow the directions for reporting it, the default reason comes up as "CARRIER LOST." So they literally just default to blaming somebody else/starting an insurance fraud claim.

Will NOT be returning to these guys.

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!