Stores > Sears.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.57/10 1.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.46/10 0.46/10

2016-08-21

For Sears Parts: Sears.com vs Sears Parts Direct - Watch Out - Different Return Policies

"On June 20, 2016 I ordered Sears item #07124434000, 30lb. wheel weights for my riding mower, Craftsman Pro-247.20442. The item was delivered on time and in great condition. However, I found it did not fit, since the item used bolts to attach to a mower. My mower does not have bolt holes in the rear wheels.

I thought I was buying this mower part from Sears Parts Direct, where I had bought previous wheel weights for my tractor, which were not what I wanted. Sears Parts Direct has a 90 day Return Policy, which I have used.

To my surprise, I had bought this Sears part from Sears.com which has only a 30 day Return policy. Upon trying to return the item today, I found that I was outside the Return window.

Having two separate entities selling Sears parts with different Return policies seems to be a bad business model, for both entities (i.e. Sears.com and Sears Parts Direct).

Separately, I note that Sears.com does not appear to have Buyers Ratings on their website. If Sears.com had ratings, I might have been alerted to the 30 day Return policy, prior to my purchase.

2016-08-19

Defective lawn mower

"Bought a new lawn mower from Sears. Took it home, removed it from the box and assembled it. Would NOT start. Disassembled it, put it back in the box and returned it to Sears the same day. An employee verified that it would not start. They gave me a replacement. Took it home and went through the same process. The 2nd one also wouldn't start. AGAIN, took it back and got number 3. This one started so I cut my grass. One week later, the 3rd one wouldn't start. I am now 3 days past the 30 day return period and they told me that I would have to take it to the other side of the city, drop it off at their repair facility, go home then return when they get around to repairing it. So far, I have well over 20 hours and over 50 miles invested in picking up and dropping off defective mowers from Sears. When I purchased the 1st mower, the clerk badgered me into getting a Sears credit card. I just cut the credit card into pieces. I will NEVER shop at Sears again. Sears has deteriorated into Walmart service with Saks Fifth Avenue prices. They ****."

This review was modified by denajohn on August 19 2016 09:10:01 AM

2016-08-18

Sears. The WORST Customer Service

"I am a new home owner and I wanted to buy a washer and dryer from a company that would help take care of me if needed. I spent over $2500 on a Kenmore washer and dryer about 7 months ago. The washer machine has broken 3 times since then. The computer board just stopped working. So on 08/11/2016 I called Sears to set up an app. to fix it. They didn't have any open time on Friday or Saturday which i understood. So they made an app. on Monday for 8 am to Noon. I took a day off work just for this. I get an email at 12:01 saying they have changed my app. to 08/16/2016 from 1 pm to 5 pm. So i have to take another day off work. I called several times to explain my disgust and disappointment. The customer service was very rude and didn't care at all. So on 08/16/2016 around 4:45 pm they still have not shown up. I call and they changed my app. again without tell me from 4:30 to 6:30. Well that just was not ok with me. I had a meeting i had to go to. So while on the phone i tried for over 20 min to tell them i need help on this today. I cant be without a washer for 6 days. All they said was well you are gonna have to wait. So finally around 5:30 the Tech shows up. The nicest guy ever. After about 2 min he tells me the issue and starts looking at parts. It is going to cost $1,300 to fix this machine. It would only cost $1,100 to replace. The parts wont be here until 08/27/2016 and then i can make an app when they have time. This is unacceptable. I will never buy any thing from Sears again. I will make sure to tell everyone i know the same thing. Sears Customer Service is terrible. If you actually read this just know the service is horrible and not worth buying. "

2016-08-17

Great store customer service, horrible delivery department

"I love sears. And do all my business with them but now I'm rethinking it. Unfortunately my view of sears changed when sears delivery sub contractors delivered a dented stove and tucked it in the corner to hide the dentist side. My son was home for the delivery. When I returned home 12 hrs latter and pulled it out to inspect it, I seen the trickery the delivery company pulled . But my problem is not that they won't exchange it for a new not dented one because I was with in the 72hr window they had too. .....My problem is there so called "customer service team" saying sears does and will not be able to give me any credit for my inconvenience. Years of giving my money to sears but not a 50$ back for inconvenience. I'm leaving and taking my several rental homes away from sears if I don't get a call back from any one. And I suggest you do the same.. I hate to say it, sears is a great store! Has great products! BUT HORRIBLE CUSTEMER SERVICES!!! and customer service is why I'm not staying. "

This review was modified by Nmangroo on August 17 2016 08:38:13 AM

2016-08-17

Sears Marketplace Is A Total Joke

"Placed an order July 26, item due Aug 4. Nothing arrived, no email, no tracking, nothing. Contacted Sears on August 11. Sears says contact the vendor, but the vendor won't answer their phone or return emails. Sears Marketplace is a total joke and needs to be shut down. After a week of dealing with sears.com lip service every two days, telling me give them 24 hours to resolve the issue, I finally had to cancel the purchase with my Visa company due to Internet Fraud by sears.com, who charged my credit card, not the supplier. Sears has yet to issue a refund 7 days after first contacting them."

This review was modified by AvoidAtAllCosts on August 17 2016 08:27:08 AM

2016-08-16

WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!

"It is not this specific location it is SEARs in general that deserves a negative rating. I bought an extended warranty and am on the last year and requested service. Scheduled for 8/10/16 between 3-6. Got an email that said it had been delayed to 6:5-8:15. After multiple phone calls to get a time the "call Center" in the Phillipines said the technician went home. Rescheduled for 8/16/16 between 8-12. At 11:30 called to find out the time. The "call Center" in the Phillipines said the technician called in sick. Rescheduled for 8/26/16. It is the most frustrating thing to deal with call centers who read off a script. "I understand you are frustrated". They have no idea!!!!! NEVER AGAIN will I buy anything from SEARS because they have LOUSY SERVICE!!!!!!!"

Horrific Experience

"I placed an online order for a Craftmaster combo tool chest as a birthday gift for my husband. Included in the combo were three pieces that were to be delivered to my home on the birthday. A day or two before delivery, I confirmed that my online order was set for the proper delivery date. Late in the afternoon the day before delivery, I received a phone message from a local Sears store, telling me that two of the pieces were being prepared for store pickup, and one of the two pieces was a floor model. I immediately tried to return the call of the person to determine what was going on only to have the phone ring incessantly with no one to pick up. I tried calling customer service to no avail. The live person I did manage to contact in the tool department was not helpful nor did he try to be. I then attempted an online conversation that was of no help. (I was told to file a complaint and wait 3-5 days for a resolution.) I then called the 1-800 number and told my story several times while being switched from person to person. No one seemed to understand that I purchased three pieces, not two, paid for delivery, not store pick up and expected all three pieces to be delivered at one time the following day. After being transferred around, I was eventually hung up on. The next morning, I started the process anew. Once again, no one picked up the phone at the store. I again called the 1-8000 number and finally managed to get a rep who was able to reach the merchandise pickup person at the store. Again, I was told one piece was not in stock, the other was ready and I was to pick up the order. I pointed out that my order included a delivery charge, and that they were missing a piece to the order. After going around in circles, it was finally determined that the third piece was being shipped separate from the other two, that it would not arrive until the following week and that the pieces at the local store could not be delivered until the following week, if I would accept the floor model. Needless to say, I cancelled everything and will never shop at Sears again!!! "

This review was modified by Tallrdhd on August 12 2016 12:39:23 PM

2016-08-12

Botched notifications, shipment, handling order.

"Granted the 10 different people I spoke to in trying to figure out what was going on with my shipment were all very nice. Even gave me $20 in points to use on another sears product woop woop... but the communication systems and the ability to actually take action is so hampered there really isn't any way for them to improve. Totally believe the end is in sight for this once great American company.
Ordered a bed frame with an expected delivery date of about 3 weeks out. Got an email day ordered saying it was processed and I'd receive another order when it had shipped from the warehouse with an expected delivery date. Went in two days before expected delivery to look find email...no email. Went online, order says in process. No email or phone # to call customer service on ShopYourWay, so send a customer query form email. Got the auto responder that someone would be back to me in 24 hours. See tracking # so contact UPS. UPS says they attempted delivery 10 days earlier, but there was a problem with the address. No one called, nothing, so it was scheduled to be returned to sender as undeliverable. We get that worked out and reschedule for delivery. It gets delivered, but discover in the process that there are two packages. Sears only listed one tracking #. Call UPS and they dig into it and find out the second package had lost its label so it was in lost and found and being shipped back to sears. Sears had not linked the two tracking #s so that they would stay together in shipping, and in delivery. STILL no email from sears. UPS tries to get the second rerouted back for delivery but it is too late. Next day we get a text message notice from sears that the package had been successfully delivered. I called the next day to inform sears of the issue...on delivered, on returned. They commit to contacting Home Depot the next day to see if they can get it reshipped out, and would notify me within 48 hours. I also get an email saying it had been delivered and asking me to rate the product. Order online still says delivered. 72 hours later, no communication from Sears, I contact customer service through chat... she says they are contacting the vender again and will get back to me in 24 hours. 48 hours later I called again, talk to yet another supervisor, She says they don't have a record of the product being returned to them. That it is still in transit, I ask, don't you have a special contact at Home Depot to deal with escalating customer service issues? Don't you have a Special representative at UPS? No they don't she says. You mean with Sears spending 10s of Millions of dollars with these companies and they don't have a representative.
So the final... going to try to get me a voucher to return the 90lb box that is in the living room that at this rate will be in a week (i hope), and track down the other box, so I can get a refund. I call UPS and they tell me that Sears has opened up an investigation to locate the missing box. OMG what a night mare. I have spent at least 20 hours on this matter so far... the 'credit' they gave me means my time is worth about $1. an hour.

Craftsman 30" deck rear engine Mower is a cheap piece of crap

" I purchased this 30" rear engine Craftsman online and the first 2 hours of using it i bumped inro a concrete slab and it bent my deck.This has happened a million times with my Murray and i replace the blades and bend the deck back out but when i replaced the blade and bent the deck back out my deck was warped.Craftsman won't cover it.I was wanting to pay for a new deck and trade it for a nicer Craftsman so they gave me a number to call and have the Mower repaired by Craftsman but it would be 5 weeks away.I mow an Apartment complex and had half the mowing still needing Mowed.So i had to take the mower to my repair and I went to Lowes and bought a John Deere Mower and because it had 14 hours on it i got it for half price with all the LOWES warrantee,2 years! Craftsman didn't care that i needed a mower or that i was willing to pay cash for them to repair the mower so i could trade and keep mowing.They don't seem to care about anything but Money.Their service only covered the Motor and the transmission.Lowes will cover almost anything.My brother will buy tyhe mower i bought from sears at $600.With the price i paid to fix it i have over $1400.00 invested in this Mower.The decks on Craftsman mowers are THIN and so cheap they are not worht anything.I suggest Murray Mowers over Craftsman any day!!!!!!!!!! I will never buy anything but tools from sears.Only hand tools because their power tools are crap too.I ordered in july but received on August the 2nd.

2016-08-02

Service repair and bad appliances.

"i purchased an entire house of appliances 3 years ago
The fridge a whirlpool stopped producing ice. Sears repairmen, 2 of them, said it was a manufacture defect.
The washer stopped spinning. Have a service warranty on it. Sears repair has been out 7 times. This morning 8/2/16 I had an appointment from 8-12 ...
no one called or showed ..
i called .. they said the tech was running late to check confirmation email for better time. . so i did .. it showed tech was here .... no he wasnt ..
so i called sears repair back .. they said that their records show the tech was here and fixed unit and left .. NO ONE HAS CALLED OR BEEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now the warranty department is telling me they wont replace the unit because the 7 times they have been out only counts as once!!!! geez they have spent 3xs as much as the unit costs ...

I have lost thousands of dollars in income. I want a new washer as their service agreement states AND I want them to fix my fridge or replace it.

2016-07-28

Absoute Horror

"I gave one star because a minus star is not possible. This retailer has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I recommend strongly against shopping at this site.

I ordered a patio umbrella and the umbrella that arrived had no way to raise the umbrella despite a statement in the add that it has an advanced pulley system. I immediately contacted Sears via chat (as the phone number is impossible to find and as it turns out phone service is even worse than the chat). They told me they would get back to me in 2 days. Then 3 days later they again told me 2 -3 days. After one week and more than 6 hours on the chat and phone line, they told me they would get back to me in 20 to 48 business hours. And every time I contacted them, I got a new person to talk to who I had to reconvince that I have a problem. They obviously did not care about keeping me as a customer despite the memorized polite responses. I received an email asking me if I want to return it to contact them but the email has a no-return address. And they want to charge me for returning an item that even they admit has a "technical" error in the description. I still have the *Y*&)&)(&%^% umbrella and they have my $300.

Off the local Hom store to buy one that costs more but will work and they will take it back. I will never use SEARS again. Back to AMAZON prime.

2016-07-20

Horrible customer service, loads of excuses to make returns

"I ordered a dress online at sears.com. It was supposed to be for my graduation and it was not marked the correct size. We I got it of course it didn't fit. I returned it to the 3rd party vendor from the website and was told I would be deducted $5 off of my amount to be returned because of their mistake and that I would also have to pay to ship it back. The third party vendor swore up and down they never received the return. Thank God I had tracking. I called them down on it. Once they admitted they had the item I was told that sears itself would be doing refunding. I contacted sears and they refunded me .99 for a $50.00 dress. I had paid with a gift card. I was then told that due to electronic difficulties I would have to wait and I will be contacted. It is now after my graduation and 7/20/16. I still have not gotten my refund. I will never again purchase anything from sears. "

2016-07-11

Worst return policy and horrible customer service

"Would never shop at Sears again - Horrible return policy and pathetic customer service.
I purchased apparel from Sears and never got a chance to return items that did not fit me since I was travelling internationally. It was around 60 days when I finally got a chance to visit the store for the return. The store associate was rude and refused to entertain my return or even give me a store credit. I was just provided a Customer support number. Those guys further directed me to a customer relations team. That lady was very arrogant and refused to hear me out. Blatant reply I got was return policy changed from 90 days to 30 days.

It is disgusting that at no point was I as a customer made aware of this NEW 30 day return policy while I was making this purchase, neither is it mentioned anywhere on the receipt for customer reference. They have deliberately left it loose to misguide the customer. The associates reasoning was that I should read this policy that is posted on the billing counters (in 5mm size text.. really??) or I should go to sears.com to educate myself regarding their new return policy.

I am pretty sure Sears is losing out in the race against other stores like Kohls and JCP which such cheap, customer harassing gimmicks. Definitely, I for one am never setting foot in a Sears store ever again.

This review was modified by nvashishta83 on July 11 2016 08:44:17 PM

2016-06-24

DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES FROM SEARS

"I have had the worst experience with Sears that I have ever had in my life. I never write reviews but this time I have to warn people. DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES FROM SEARS. My dishwasher that is under warrenty has not been working for almost 3 months and Sears is not at all concerned about getting it repaired or replacing it. The first time I called, it took over 3 weeks for them to schedule a technician and they sent out a third-party contractor. He diagnosed the problem and ordered a new electrical board. Two weeks later, I had not heard anything from Sears. I had to call and they informed me it was another 2 weeks out to have the technician return. He returned and installed the new board, but did not ensure the dishwasher was draining properly. It was not. I had to call Sears again to report that it had not been fixed. They sent a Sears technician another TWO WEEKS later. He diagnosed a different problem and ordered a different part. TWO WEEKS later, another technician came to install the part. He said it was the electrical board. When I questioned how that could be the case, seeing as though it had just been replaced, he said he couldn't account for the past technician. I called customer service and they ensured me I would have another new part and a technician to repair it within the next week or it would be replaced. Another two weeks went gone by, and I didn't hear anything from Sears. When I called to follow up, the guy said I was lied to, and it will be another 10 days before someone can come to my house to look at the dishwasher again. I have lost wages due to taking time off to be home for 4, going on 5, different appointments. Nobody is taking any responsibility and nobody cares. I will never work with Sears again. "

This review was modified by NZ2016 on June 24 2016 01:18:11 PM

2016-06-22

Compared to them, Walmart feels like MIT!

"Ordered two pairs of shoes via the website (brown and gray). The box with "brown" pair came with one shoe in brown, another in gray. Replacement should be simple, right? Not so fast, it's Sears! According to them, the process of replacement works as follows:

- Return the bad merchandize
- Place a new order for correct merchandize

The new order has a new (60% higher than the original) price per pair. OK, life is unfair, ordered at the new price (used some points). Returning is even better - no shipping. One is welcome to lug the box to B&M store (in my case 1.5 hours away).

Lucky me, got some business around that area, so I figure I'll carry the box around and then drop by the store, which I do. Service is amazing (as in "I can't believe they are still in business!") - cashiers act like zombies, each customer takes some 10-15 minutes to process.

My turn: the guy spends the first 5 minutes punching in buttons only to realize the POS is malfunctioning. Switches to another POS. Barcode reader can't read the RMA code. Punches in the numerical code. Spends 5 more minutes fumbling with my phone looking at RMA doc and punching arbitrary keys. Possibly proves Poincare conjecture in his mind as for some time he stares blankly at the screen doing nothing... Asks for CC I used (stupid me, didn't bring it) then announces that since I don't have a card he could only give me a gift card as refund (claims he cannot find the order in the system. I understand - one is B&M store and another one is something fuzzy on the "internets..." How could they be related?!?!). I demand a real refund (no chance in hell I'm coming back to use the gift card). He understands, calls a manager, which has absolutely no effect for the rest of the interaction. Keeps asking me "Do you have an RC code?" I keep showing him order form and RMA form - no "RC code" on either. Lucky for me, in an act of ultimate desperation, I fish in my email trash and find a shipping confirmation which (amongst other 10 codes) has a "return code." 5 more minutes of punching in numbers (it takes time to remit them using a 1,200 baud modem to Mars and back) and I am told I'm getting my refund (still to be seen).

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!