Stores > Sears.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.79/10 0.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.69/10 0.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.66/10 0.66/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.18/10 1.18/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sears.com by clicking a star below.
2017-10-13

Sears Home Service Horrible

"Order #:22795
I had called sears for home service twice and both times it was a horrible experience. I would never recommend sears to anyone. Very very very horrible service.

I made an appointment with Sears for an air duct and vent cleaning. The people who came were very rude and unprofessional. They wouldn't ask for approval before doing anything. They did a horrible job and keep trying to take more money. And they didn't have enough supplies to complete the work. They kept as waiting for ever for them to go and get the supplies. They were a team of 2 people. One of them left to get the supplies while the other kept waiting outside and talking suspiciously. Later we got a call that police is outside. I do not know why someone had called the police. But its was a bad scene and caused a lot of inconvenience for us. We didn',t expect this kind of experience by taking a service from sears.

They left without completing the work properly and we tried to turn on the heater and Ac and nothing is working. We tried calling the person immediately and he didn't answer. We called sears and they told it would take a couple of days for them to come back and they hung up the call. I can't believe still Sears is in business in USA. Sears is the worst service I ever had in my life. I am planning to make a written complaint to the Sears management.

My comment is never call Sears for Home Service " They don't even deserve 1 star *.

2017-09-29

Online orders are a pointless effort.

"Place an order online at Sears and have no expectations that the order ever gets processed. That's the message that I got from Sears customer service after weeks of waiting on a single/simple order. Though the local Sears outlets (privately owned and operated) seem very helpful, the corporation is so overwhelmed with financial difficulties that it has become a huge risk for any would-be customer. I canceled my order. There won't be any others."

2017-09-23

Nightmare

"I had sears come to repair my fridge worst mistake of my life !! after four techs and a damaged floor my fridge has got worse. It has gotten worse after every tech has came out. No help just a run around month after month. To top it off from my fridge being moved so many times my floor became damaged so I complained they told me to call Segway I believe that the name to file a claim on my floor get estimates pics ect what a joke a month later keep in mind fridge still not fixed sears insurance said they are denied my claim because I moved the fridge. Are you kidding me? They said if I could prove the Tech moved it they will continue it otherwise I’m screwed well how can I prove that I did not like I record them. At any rate I now have a broken fridge worse than I started a damaged floor and no help. Thank you Sears Holdings way to go and keep a customer!!"

2017-09-21

Waiting seven weeke for my washer machine to be fix .

"The worth service ever see on my life . Still waiting for my washer to be fix it's been seven weeks and I don't know when it's going to be fix every time they come out they order more part and I have to wait another two weeks this is have an already three times so far ."

2017-09-10

john at sears is outstanding! Philadelphia PA Bustelton

"John was patient and assisted me with all of my questions. I bought a double wall oven."

2017-08-24

HORRIBLE! NO APPOINTMENT RESPECT OR ANYTHING!

"Our Ac Air conditioner stopped making cold air so we contacted and reserved an appointment. Two days later THEY NEVER SHOWED UP on the scheduled time of 8 - 1 pm. Instead, they sent me an email AFTER the "supposed" appointment saying to urgently make another appointment with them ASAP with no reason why they never came today. I did so and made another appointment for the next day, 8 - 1 pm. and Guess what. THEY NEVER SHOWED UP AGAIN! and this time not even an email. I Highly recommend NEVER to use their services. They're unreliable, unpredictable, and sketchy. "

2017-08-15

on line order

"Never ever order anything on line from Sears. I ordered a bathing suit for vacation. When it arrived and did not fit I wanted to exchange it for a different size. Come to find out it wasn't even a sears product. Tried and tried for days to contact the outside seller only to reach an answering machine and left several messages.When I tried to get Sears customer service to help they said all they could reach was the same answering machine. If Sears sells it Sears should at least be able to reach the company. I am very disappointed to not have this suit for vacation but at this point just give me my $140 back, but no they can't do that because it was not their product"

2017-08-09

DO NOT BUT ANYTHING FROM SEARS!!!

"Sears is the worst! We bought all our kitchen appliances - stove, oven, fridge, dishwasher and even the microwave from there. We then bought our washer and dryer and even our grill. We made sure to get warranties on everything. After less than a year they had to do work in my fridge and then on July 19th my fridge died. We contacted Sears immediately. The fridge is less than 3 years old. After a lot of back and forth they got a tech out on the 21st and he determined the compressor died. He said they would order the parts and have someone out on 8/2 to fix it. It was going to take so long as they are too short staffed to get someone out sooner. The day before they are supposed to repair it we get a call that the parts are on back order and so we have to wait longer. Estimated date of arrival for the parts is now 8/12. They also won't book an appointment now to do the work as the date I arrival is not guaranteed. We have contacted them twice since with promises of updates in 24-48 hours and they have never contacted us, we always have to call them. The date for the parts is now pushed to 8/18 and still no date for the actual repair. They offer a mini fridge or a fridge rental. However we have to go pay for it and they will reimburse, also where am I supposed to put a whole second fridge?? I also have a newborn that was born a week before this fridge died and they don't care. I will be without a fridge that is from Sears and under warranty that I paid extra for, for at least a month and most likely even longer! I will never buy from Sears again and recommend that everyone else do the same. Horrible service, they don't care and obviously their product is crap! "

2017-07-28

Don't buy appliances here

"We had trouble with our chest freezer lid and called to set up an appointment for a technician to come fix it. We set up 5 different appointments already for their ridiculous 8-5 time range and they have canceled 4 out of the 5. The last time they were here they rebuilt the lid but it still didn't shut properly. They said they have to send someone to come look at it again next month. This is unacceptable and I would advise you to buy your appliances elsewhere. "

2017-07-23

Mattress nightmare

"2 weeks ago I ordered a mattress from Sears. It was to be delivered 6 days later. On the morning of delivery I was called at 7 AM and told that the salesperson had ordered the wrong box spring and it would now be 7 more days. I went and talked to the assistant manager and told her that I had already gotten rid of my old mattress and now would have to sleep on the floor. She offered me $25 sears cash and I was satisfied. I was then told that my new bed would be delivered on a Friday between 11 and 1. I took off work to go wait at 10:30. At 1:30 I still hag no mattress and called the number I was given. It was the delivery driver and he told me that the warehouse was suppose to have called me because the bed was damaged and the had to order a new one. Once again I spoke to the manager and was told that it would be another week before it was delivered and it would also be on a Friday. So now I'm looking at 2 weeks sleeping on the floor and almost a full day of wages lost. I was furious and asked if it could somehow be expedited. The manager got combative with me and told me no. The next day I went to the manager to ask the same thing and he also told me no and that he couldn't force them to make my mattress faster. It's a Serta mattress and they're telling me that it has to be made. C'mon, there's not one mattress made ahead of time?
He offered me nothing for my inconvenience and lost wages.
It's no wonder this store will be out of business soon. They should have been bending over backwards to satisfy me. I went and cancelled my order and will never set foot inside that store again. I have done a lot of past business with this store, including expensive car repairs. They have flushed it down the drain with bad customer service. Just bought a new mattress from a competitor. Will be delivered tomorrow!!
Good luck sears associates when you're in the unemployment line next year!!

2017-07-13

wrong parts sent, big hassle

"The incorrect parts were sent. I tried the chat option to rectify the problem. The agent obviously could not access the correct information, was EXTREMELY slow in responding, just didn't seem to have any kind of a grip on the situation. Then I tried to get things fixed by calling Sears parts online. Supposedly the correct parts are coming - we'll see. They want the incorrect parts sent back - ok but why do I have to go through the hassle of filling out the on-line forms then have to drive 7 plus miles to the nearest UPS store to return the parts?? It's their error, not mine that caused all this. No wonder Sears is folding."

2017-07-12

Terrible

"Ordered something online that I needed in the time frame they said item would arrive. Four days after I place order I get an email saying I need to call to confirm I am the actual buyer. They ask bunch of personal random questions. I answered many questions, but after they started getting personal, like what car I drive and how old my mother was, I straight up asked to talk to the manager (I was on hold forever!) and told her it was weird and felt uncomfortable giving all that info over the phone. I order online all the time from other places and never had this happen. She said she understood and would confirm my order. Well next day I get an email again saying my order was cancelled! I called again and said that I had to place the order again and probably go through all those questions again.. Ugh! So much time wasted. This was the first and last time trying to order from Sears!"

2017-07-08

sears cancelled my order after 6 days without an explanation

"On July 2nd 2017 I put an order for ratchet socket set and I was supposed to pick up in my close by Sears. Then I got an email saying that sorry, the item is not available on that store and either I can cancel the order or they can offer me free shipping. Well I accepted free shipping and I was supposed to receive it on July 8th. My credit was charged and the status stayed at processing the order till July 7th. I called them up and the agent told me my order was cancelled because of a delay on Sears side. I said I do not want to cancel it and Sears cannot cancel it by his side.By the way, it was showing the item is still available. I chatted online and the other agent said the item is shipped and I will get on July 8th but did not provide me any tracking number and then I told him I am told my order is cancelled and then he said yes my order is cancelled !!!. It proved me Sears is a dying crappy business that will be eaten up by Amazon and other online businesses. They do not respect customers. I will never buy anything from Sears."

2017-07-04

Poor customer service

"Purchase a gifrcard 4 weeks ago for my father for a father's day gift and he still has yet to receive it. How hard is it to mail a gift card. When I call to ask for a refund they say "let me see if we can get you one" you shouldn't have to see u should issue me one. Now I wait in am email approval for a refund. Something so easy yet so hard."

2017-07-02

Lawn Mower Service

"On May 16th 2017 I made an appointment with Sears for the tune up for my Craftsman riding Lawn Tractor. Service order # 7670 42889425. It was scheduled for 8AM-12PM. I received a call from Technician (Scott) approximately 4:00 PM that he is on his way. Tech arrived at 4:45pm (5 HR'S LATE). He had a trainee with him. Technician asked the trainee to turn the tractor around. Trainee made a " K " turn with three hard brakes and broke the tractor brake. As the appointment was for the tune up, technician Scott was telling me the tractor brake is broken. I told him about the three hard brakes caused the brakes to be broken. I told him the tractor is operable and I had my lawn done two days ago. He said he cannot perform the tune unless he fix the brakes. I then asked him how much it will cost to fix it. He went to his truck and came back after 15 min and said it will cost me $1265.00. I mentioned to him I could buy a new lawn mower tractor with this money. He then said if I purchased a Home Appliance Service Contract he will be able to give me 50% off. Also he will have to order the parts and I will have to pay in advance for the cost of repair. I was curious why the brakes are so expensive? He told me he will have to replace the transmission as well as the brakes because these parts are both together. I told him I am not interested for this costly repair of $1265. I asked him to do the tune up and he refused. He then asked me for the payment for the diagnostic fees of $99 plus tax total of $102.10. I refused and told him I did not made this appointment for to do any diagnostic and I already knew I need tune up. Technician threatened me that he will send me the bill by mail if I don't pay.
On May 16th after the technician's departure I called the Sears (800) 469-4663 to complain about this service and spoke to Kay. I mentioned her about the charges as well as the brakes. She told me not to worry about the charges. I was with her on the phone approximately 40 minutes and then she transfer me to Sedgwick and spoke to Lauren. She opened up claim #L1705165113-0001. I was told I should be receiving a phone call from Claims Associates by Friday May 19th. I waited until May 22 and called back to Sedgwick (866) 352-1521 and spoke to Sandy. I was told this claim was assigned to Mr. Mathew Greenly ext. 50976. I was transfer to his extension and I left him a voice mail. I called on May 23 twice and left Mr. Greenly message. No response. I then called the main number end of the day of May 23 and ask for his supervisor. I then transfer to his supervisor Mr. Adam Severily (ext. 50683). He told me I need to get an estimate from a third party. I called many places who would the Lawn Mower service, they are all busy and they will not come to my home to write up an estimate. I am not able to carry my tractor to these service places. I then called Sears on May 25th, 2017 and spoke to Jeffery. He suggested having a technician come to my house and do the estimates however it will cost me $102. THIS IS A WORST COMPANY THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT FROM SEARS.

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!