Stores > Sears.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.65/10 0.65/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.68/10 0.68/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.54/10 0.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sears.com by clicking a star below.
2017-08-15

on line order

"Never ever order anything on line from Sears. I ordered a bathing suit for vacation. When it arrived and did not fit I wanted to exchange it for a different size. Come to find out it wasn't even a sears product. Tried and tried for days to contact the outside seller only to reach an answering machine and left several messages.When I tried to get Sears customer service to help they said all they could reach was the same answering machine. If Sears sells it Sears should at least be able to reach the company. I am very disappointed to not have this suit for vacation but at this point just give me my $140 back, but no they can't do that because it was not their product"

2017-08-09

DO NOT BUT ANYTHING FROM SEARS!!!

"Sears is the worst! We bought all our kitchen appliances - stove, oven, fridge, dishwasher and even the microwave from there. We then bought our washer and dryer and even our grill. We made sure to get warranties on everything. After less than a year they had to do work in my fridge and then on July 19th my fridge died. We contacted Sears immediately. The fridge is less than 3 years old. After a lot of back and forth they got a tech out on the 21st and he determined the compressor died. He said they would order the parts and have someone out on 8/2 to fix it. It was going to take so long as they are too short staffed to get someone out sooner. The day before they are supposed to repair it we get a call that the parts are on back order and so we have to wait longer. Estimated date of arrival for the parts is now 8/12. They also won't book an appointment now to do the work as the date I arrival is not guaranteed. We have contacted them twice since with promises of updates in 24-48 hours and they have never contacted us, we always have to call them. The date for the parts is now pushed to 8/18 and still no date for the actual repair. They offer a mini fridge or a fridge rental. However we have to go pay for it and they will reimburse, also where am I supposed to put a whole second fridge?? I also have a newborn that was born a week before this fridge died and they don't care. I will be without a fridge that is from Sears and under warranty that I paid extra for, for at least a month and most likely even longer! I will never buy from Sears again and recommend that everyone else do the same. Horrible service, they don't care and obviously their product is crap! "

2017-07-28

Don't buy appliances here

"We had trouble with our chest freezer lid and called to set up an appointment for a technician to come fix it. We set up 5 different appointments already for their ridiculous 8-5 time range and they have canceled 4 out of the 5. The last time they were here they rebuilt the lid but it still didn't shut properly. They said they have to send someone to come look at it again next month. This is unacceptable and I would advise you to buy your appliances elsewhere. "

2017-07-23

Mattress nightmare

"2 weeks ago I ordered a mattress from Sears. It was to be delivered 6 days later. On the morning of delivery I was called at 7 AM and told that the salesperson had ordered the wrong box spring and it would now be 7 more days. I went and talked to the assistant manager and told her that I had already gotten rid of my old mattress and now would have to sleep on the floor. She offered me $25 sears cash and I was satisfied. I was then told that my new bed would be delivered on a Friday between 11 and 1. I took off work to go wait at 10:30. At 1:30 I still hag no mattress and called the number I was given. It was the delivery driver and he told me that the warehouse was suppose to have called me because the bed was damaged and the had to order a new one. Once again I spoke to the manager and was told that it would be another week before it was delivered and it would also be on a Friday. So now I'm looking at 2 weeks sleeping on the floor and almost a full day of wages lost. I was furious and asked if it could somehow be expedited. The manager got combative with me and told me no. The next day I went to the manager to ask the same thing and he also told me no and that he couldn't force them to make my mattress faster. It's a Serta mattress and they're telling me that it has to be made. C'mon, there's not one mattress made ahead of time?
He offered me nothing for my inconvenience and lost wages.
It's no wonder this store will be out of business soon. They should have been bending over backwards to satisfy me. I went and cancelled my order and will never set foot inside that store again. I have done a lot of past business with this store, including expensive car repairs. They have flushed it down the drain with bad customer service. Just bought a new mattress from a competitor. Will be delivered tomorrow!!
Good luck sears associates when you're in the unemployment line next year!!

2017-07-13

wrong parts sent, big hassle

"The incorrect parts were sent. I tried the chat option to rectify the problem. The agent obviously could not access the correct information, was EXTREMELY slow in responding, just didn't seem to have any kind of a grip on the situation. Then I tried to get things fixed by calling Sears parts online. Supposedly the correct parts are coming - we'll see. They want the incorrect parts sent back - ok but why do I have to go through the hassle of filling out the on-line forms then have to drive 7 plus miles to the nearest UPS store to return the parts?? It's their error, not mine that caused all this. No wonder Sears is folding."

2017-07-12

Terrible

"Ordered something online that I needed in the time frame they said item would arrive. Four days after I place order I get an email saying I need to call to confirm I am the actual buyer. They ask bunch of personal random questions. I answered many questions, but after they started getting personal, like what car I drive and how old my mother was, I straight up asked to talk to the manager (I was on hold forever!) and told her it was weird and felt uncomfortable giving all that info over the phone. I order online all the time from other places and never had this happen. She said she understood and would confirm my order. Well next day I get an email again saying my order was cancelled! I called again and said that I had to place the order again and probably go through all those questions again.. Ugh! So much time wasted. This was the first and last time trying to order from Sears!"

2017-07-08

sears cancelled my order after 6 days without an explanation

"On July 2nd 2017 I put an order for ratchet socket set and I was supposed to pick up in my close by Sears. Then I got an email saying that sorry, the item is not available on that store and either I can cancel the order or they can offer me free shipping. Well I accepted free shipping and I was supposed to receive it on July 8th. My credit was charged and the status stayed at processing the order till July 7th. I called them up and the agent told me my order was cancelled because of a delay on Sears side. I said I do not want to cancel it and Sears cannot cancel it by his side.By the way, it was showing the item is still available. I chatted online and the other agent said the item is shipped and I will get on July 8th but did not provide me any tracking number and then I told him I am told my order is cancelled and then he said yes my order is cancelled !!!. It proved me Sears is a dying crappy business that will be eaten up by Amazon and other online businesses. They do not respect customers. I will never buy anything from Sears."

2017-07-04

Poor customer service

"Purchase a gifrcard 4 weeks ago for my father for a father's day gift and he still has yet to receive it. How hard is it to mail a gift card. When I call to ask for a refund they say "let me see if we can get you one" you shouldn't have to see u should issue me one. Now I wait in am email approval for a refund. Something so easy yet so hard."

2017-07-02

Lawn Mower Service

"On May 16th 2017 I made an appointment with Sears for the tune up for my Craftsman riding Lawn Tractor. Service order # 7670 42889425. It was scheduled for 8AM-12PM. I received a call from Technician (Scott) approximately 4:00 PM that he is on his way. Tech arrived at 4:45pm (5 HR'S LATE). He had a trainee with him. Technician asked the trainee to turn the tractor around. Trainee made a " K " turn with three hard brakes and broke the tractor brake. As the appointment was for the tune up, technician Scott was telling me the tractor brake is broken. I told him about the three hard brakes caused the brakes to be broken. I told him the tractor is operable and I had my lawn done two days ago. He said he cannot perform the tune unless he fix the brakes. I then asked him how much it will cost to fix it. He went to his truck and came back after 15 min and said it will cost me $1265.00. I mentioned to him I could buy a new lawn mower tractor with this money. He then said if I purchased a Home Appliance Service Contract he will be able to give me 50% off. Also he will have to order the parts and I will have to pay in advance for the cost of repair. I was curious why the brakes are so expensive? He told me he will have to replace the transmission as well as the brakes because these parts are both together. I told him I am not interested for this costly repair of $1265. I asked him to do the tune up and he refused. He then asked me for the payment for the diagnostic fees of $99 plus tax total of $102.10. I refused and told him I did not made this appointment for to do any diagnostic and I already knew I need tune up. Technician threatened me that he will send me the bill by mail if I don't pay.
On May 16th after the technician's departure I called the Sears (800) 469-4663 to complain about this service and spoke to Kay. I mentioned her about the charges as well as the brakes. She told me not to worry about the charges. I was with her on the phone approximately 40 minutes and then she transfer me to Sedgwick and spoke to Lauren. She opened up claim #L1705165113-0001. I was told I should be receiving a phone call from Claims Associates by Friday May 19th. I waited until May 22 and called back to Sedgwick (866) 352-1521 and spoke to Sandy. I was told this claim was assigned to Mr. Mathew Greenly ext. 50976. I was transfer to his extension and I left him a voice mail. I called on May 23 twice and left Mr. Greenly message. No response. I then called the main number end of the day of May 23 and ask for his supervisor. I then transfer to his supervisor Mr. Adam Severily (ext. 50683). He told me I need to get an estimate from a third party. I called many places who would the Lawn Mower service, they are all busy and they will not come to my home to write up an estimate. I am not able to carry my tractor to these service places. I then called Sears on May 25th, 2017 and spoke to Jeffery. He suggested having a technician come to my house and do the estimates however it will cost me $102. THIS IS A WORST COMPANY THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT FROM SEARS.

2017-06-29

Washer not working

"I contacted corporate and they will not do anything for because I have had the washer for 31 days 1 day past their exchange policy. Nobody has any idea what they are doing when it comes to their customer care team team I made a 2000 dollar investment and they do not care. Never buy anything again from sears if you buy something from sears I guarantee you you will regret it when it is too late."

2017-06-24

do not buy sears appliances

" brand new refrigerator breaks down they cannot get parts over a month in the summer with no refrigerator customer service actually laughed at me when I called to complain about trying to get a new one instead of waiting over a month to get this one fixed no wonder Sears is going down"

2017-06-23

Worst customer service

"Sears should close all it's store and do us all a favor. Today is day 3 of no hot water and I'm suppose to wait until June 30, 2017 for an appt for my hot water heater. It's ok for my family to boil water to take a hot bath or brave it and take a cold shower. I will just call a plumber and pay out of pocket than deal with loser like Sears. Anything from these losers will no longer be welcomed in my home. What a joke."

2017-06-22

Buy 3 get 2

"I bought 3 Garden Hoses from Sears.com. The package Sears sent them in was 2 boxes made into one. One box was the bottom and the other was made into a top. The top and bottom were not taped together when I received the package. I bought 3 hoses and received 2. The hoses weight 11.6 pounds a piece. Meaning the total weight of the package should be around 34lbs. The UPS label clearly states the box weight was 20lbs. It's clear they only sent 2 hoses to begin with. So, I call sears and blah, blah, blah, they're sending this to their investigative team and I will be reached in 72hrs. I needed all 3 hoses for a family camping trip this weekend. Why order from sears when I could have dropped by another store and been in and out without the hassle? Sears, I won't be ordering from you again. Good luck."

2017-06-21

Purchased a Macbook online | returned it | no refund and seller kept the MAcbook| Complete scam

ON 6/2 I purchased a refurbished Mac Book from Sears.com. It was delivered to us on 6/8. We followed the return instructions that came with the Mac Laptop. The return tracking number is 9505514625937163144976. It shows delivered We were given 2 sets of return instructions: One from Sears and One from Weekly Closeouts. Although we have returned the item per the instructions that came from Sears , I am still being required to pay for the Macbook. Weekly Close outs says they will not honor the return because via email they said send it to their California facility BUT within the packaging that came with the Mac book, the return instructions said to only return the Macbook to the address listed above.
This is brilliant scam: We buy and return a laptop , the company keeps the laptop, Sears still make us pay for the laptop and everyone gets to blame the other company because the consumer didn’t know which return instructions to follow: The one from Sears of the ones from Weekly Close outs.

When you call then they just send you to the other company, or if you're really lucky you get an extremely rude CSR that will tell you its your fault because we didn't pick the right return policy. Whne we tell them we followed the Sears sent return instructions, they say they will escalate m promise a fix, and then we get an email saying they wont help up.
If you look up rating s on Sears.com AND Weekly close outs its obvious this is a blatant scam.

2017-06-15

Horrible Sears Experience

" system doesn't seem to have an update. I go onto there shippers website again, it says the item has been at the delivery terminal since June 9th. I never got a call, an email, nothing. I call sears back, and explain the whole story yet again. He just says "I see it was supposed to be there May 24th, we will cancel the order." I do not want to cancel, I've been waiting this long. He has no other replies except "let's cancel and refund", or when I said what the shippers website said all he replied with was "it is in transit", even though the shipping says at delivery terminal since June 9th. I call the original shipper (Demar Logistics), tell her it was supposed to be delivered to me by May 24th. She informs me Sears didn't even release the item to them until June 5th. Are you kidding me?!? By June 14th I've had enough and take it upon myself to find my item. The tracking with the new shipper says it's still in another city, but they can't seem to find it. After hours of having people look around, they discovery it is at the local shipping facility where I live, and this shipper has had it for days and days. They finally found it and I took it home. Putting it together, guess what? It's missing pieces. I have to then call sears back for help. It's a cheap $4 part, that is it. The lady tells me I have to return it and order a new one, they won't just send me the little $4 part. Are you kidding me??? After I've waiting this long, got jerked around for this long? I am NOT going through that again. I ended up getting the part from a local parts store. I will NEVER shop at Sears.com again. I will not refer them to anyone ever again. Absolutely no communication about my item, no calls back when I called, nothing. They are horrible and this has been a horrible online shopping experience. Never again! "

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!