• Sears.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.38/10 0.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.21/10 1.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.59/10 0.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10

"I found a treadmill in a Sears store but they didn't have it in stock. The associates suggested ordering it online and having it shipped to the store nearest me. It took two weeks for the treadmill to arrive and I picked it up from the Morehead City, NC store. After half a dozen uses, the belt began to fray and I was still within the 30 day return policy so I contacted Sears.com and asked what to do. Patricia (online chat) said it had to be returned to the store it was picked up from so I loaded it into a borrowed vehicle to return it to the store.

I arrived at Morehead City, NC store to return it. The woman, Jenna, was helpful but couldn't "find" the transaction in their system. It shouldn't have mattered since I had the online receipt and the store pick-up receipt. Her manager then told her that they didn't accept returns at the store because they are an outlet store. I called Sears.com for them to verify that this was true since I was specifically told to return it to this store. After an hour on the phone, they said it had to be returned to a full-line store, which is 50 miles from me. This in itself is completely unacceptable.

Since they refused to take it at the store and the woman, Ads, from Sears.com "couldn't do anything more", I was forced to take it to Jacksonville, NC. The gentleman at merchandise pick-up, Jason, was extremely helpful but, again, for whatever reason they couldn't find it in their system even after entering everything from the receipts. He called Sears.com to see what the problem was and the woman on the phone told him it had to be returned to Morehead City, NC store. At this point, I was steaming mad and he told the woman I was told to return it to Jacksonville, NC. She said she can see where it was noted on the file that it was to be returned to Jacksonville but policy said it had to go to the store it was picked up from. Finally, I got on the phone with her and said I don't care what she has to say because they can't seem to get their information straight. I refused to leave the store with the treadmill and got on the phone with my credit card company to file a fraudulent charge. The woman on the phone then said because the order was placed over 30 days ago, I couldn't return it even though the order never arrived in store for two weeks after the date of purchase. It clearly showed the date that I paid in full and received the item at the store. She argued that it was from the date of purchase so I said if an item was out of stock and ordered online, I paid for it and it took 6 weeks to arrive, I couldn't return it. She said, "well no that's different." No, it's not different. Sears is simply trying to step around their return policy! She then said I should call a technician to come fix the problem. Are you serious?! After sending me on a wild goose chase with incorrect information, I was furious.

The manager at the Jacksonville, NC store was helpful. She finally told me to just hang up with Sears.com and she would refund the money. She couldn't believe the run around that I was given. I will never shop with Sears again. Ever.
Side note: Several workers at the Jacksonville, NC store said the manager at the Morehead City, NC store is a liar. They are not an outlet store, they are a home store and they absolutely MUST do returns there.

"WARNING: SEARS HAS NO BUSINESS INTEGRITY. Be very careful when shopping at Sears. They have no limit to how low they will go in an attempt to cheat their customers. When - not IF - you have a problem with them, be prepared for the worst possible customer service resolution. My experience began with the purchase of appliances that QUALIFIED for Zero Interest if we used our Sears Credit Card. Even though we paid off the purchases, Sears underhandedly charged interest and, to make matters worse, has sold that fraudulent "amount" to a collection agency EVEN THOUGH they acknowledge it was incorrectly assessed to our account. In essence, Sears manufactured a false and fraudulent "balance due" and have attempted to collect it even though they have admitted it isn't valid. Hey Sears, do you also go beat up little kids for their lunch money?? Sears, if you're struggling to stay afloat by cheating and then harassing your customers, maybe it's time to examine your business model and consider acting more like a business and less like a sleazy, fly by night peddler."

This review was modified by badsears on September 23 2015 08:02:51 AM

"I have been trying to get a washer / dryer installed and working for over a month. This company had a delivery team that had no idea what they were doing deliver it. They scratched the machine and broke my door threshold wood. Long story short... I have had 4 visits with them trying to get a washer /dryer installed and working. I have to have a 5th visit. Now I am trying to schedule that. 2.5 hours later I am still talking with sears trying to get them to send someone out to make this washer work. This organization is very unorganized, arrogant and not respectful of its customers. You have to really fight for what is right because Sears will not support their warranty claims."

This review was modified by eynow on September 21 2015 06:29:58 PM

"Do not buy appliances from Sears. I bought a line of Kenmore appliances last December. The refrigerator broke last week. After telling me I had to wait until October for a service tech to come out, they finally sent one out today. He told me that my 'fridge is a piece of #### and to sell it' and that the part wouldn't be available until October 7th. After calling customer service they told me they can't do anything and that I would have to wait 3 weeks for the part. I'm currently spending a month without a fridge that I just purchased 9 months ago. So far I've spent over $300 in wasted food and restaurants and that amount will continue to grow. Also, there are tons of reviews for this fridge with the SAME PROBLEM (hence the backordered part). Worst purchase I've ever made and terrible company to deal with."

"Sears on line customer service is a complete joke. ABSOLUTELY ridiculous, they don't care about you as a customer... my grandfather ordered some vines through sears on line, he paid 75.00 for vines that were supposed to be 3-5 for long vines with flowers in a pot, what he got was 4 twigs that were dead, with dry roots Wrapped in a paper towel and saran wrap. Paid 27.00 for shipping, and they came in a 7.00 flat rate box. The company sears used was bulbsnblooms, absolutely horrible don't ever use them or buy from them, the company is unresponsive and will not refund his money, neither will sears. Both of these companies ABSOLUTELY SUCK... if you want to save your money, and you don't want headaches...don't ever order from these companies. Customer service on both parties keep giving him the run around, they all have their heads up they're asses."

"TERRIBLE!!! I will never deal with sears again. My item was coming from a third party seller, needles to say I'm sticking with amazon. I tried reviewing the seller directly low and behold I am unable to and no one can tell me why....fishy!!! I orders my item two weeks ago and never receive the item or even my follow up email with tracking info. They really deserve no stars. Sears used to be the company my granfathers generation bought EVERYTHING from, how times have changed."

This review was modified by caseymagiera1978 on September 17 2015 05:31:13 AM

"NEVER EVER ORDER FROM SEARS! They don't deliver on time. Upon ordering a mattress, Sears promised to deliver my new mattress today. Again, 3 days ago Sears sent me an email confirmation that it would be delivered today. Last night- without informing me AND after Sears Customer Service had closed for the night- the delivery was cancelled and rescheduled for a FULL WEEK later. They expect me to sleep with no mattress for a week! The Customer Service reps were totally unapologetic. Customer service just kept repeating the new delivery date as if I had approved it. They never acknowledged the promised/confirmed date or the bait and switch that occurred AFTER business hours and without my consent or knowledge. I am moving into my college housing with NO BED BECAUSE SEARS DOESNT STAND BEHIND THEIR PROMISES. And their customer service is awful- they just repeat and repeat and do not help.
In this day and age, can you believe that Sears doesn't understand that people expect what they are promised? I still have no mattress to sleep on tonight!
I will never order from Sears again. Terrible experience.

"I tried ordering a refrigerator, my order was cancelled twice for no apparent reason. They said they could not disclose the reason, even after putting my bank on the line. I spent half the day on the phone, spoke with about 6 different people, all with very hard to understand English skills. All they can do is "transfer you". In the end decided to never deal with sears.com again. I will also make sure everybody around me never deals with them either. "

This review was modified by IMarch on September 14 2015 02:22:00 PM

"If could give negative stars I would. Several problems with customer service. First, we bought a grill at the store. The sales person assured us it was natural gas compatible. We got it home and assembled it (this took 4 hours). To find out it was not natural gas compatible. I went back to the store and talked to a manager. she refunded the grill, and I informed her that we were having a refridgerator delivered soon, and asked if they could pick up the grill at that time. She assured me she added it to the work order. When the delivery guys got here, they said they could not take the grill, and had no work order. Then, they tried to give us a damaged fridge. it was dented AND the ice maker was cracked! When I spoke to customer service, they just said "oh, we are very sorry for the inconvenience" So completely disappointed in how this was handled."

This review was modified by jenwergin on September 11 2015 01:50:55 PM

"We purchased several large appliances from sears.com in the last month. 1st. A refrigerator. Almost 3k paid. The delivery ppl damaged the unit bringing it into the house. I immediately called sears. They offered us a 250.00 gift card to keep the unit. We accepted. We still do not have our gift card and after the last week of phone calls, Noone seems to know anything about it. We have been told it was processed several more times by phone answers from a third world country that barely speak any english. Still no card. 2nd. We purchased a stove and microwave. They came out to install the microwave and damaged that unit. Stove was never delivered. We called sears.com for a week trying to get a new one to replace the one they damaged. No replacement was given. We were told they do not have anyone available to reinstall a new one. Nor did they even have another one to replace it with. I proceeded to cancel the entire order for the stove and microwave. Sears told me my order was cancelled but could not give me a refund. Almost 2000.00. I then called my bank to stop payment. The bank contacted sears.com on a 3 way call. The woman told my bank that I never cancelled my order and it had to be cancelled. That woman said she was putting in the cancellation for my order. We were then transferred to yet another woman from sears.com. she looked up my account and said my order was still never cancelled. After about an hour on a 3 way call my bank was very aggrivated withe the sears ppl and put a stop payment in for my purchases. Thank gad for the lady at my bank or I'd be out my money and merchandise. Btw. They found someone to come out tge very next day and take the damaged microwave. They seemed to have found someone to come our after my bank stoped payment. Terrible ppl. Terrible customer service. Sears should just close their doors for good. Awful awful place, Sears.com. I did not use my sears card. I paid with my bank cc or I would of never gotten anything back. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE"

"In the past I have been a very regular customer at Sears but things have taken a very bad turn. My husband and I have had a tough couple of years, but I had always shopped at Sears for appliances and my kids and grandkid's clothing. Yes I did use my Sears charge and always paid in full after a couple of months just making payments. Well I guess the joke was on me last week I received a letter from citi on behalf of Sears telling me that charge card had been cancelled. Seems they decided to pull a credit report and my score wasn't up to their expectations. Not sure why they were pulling a credit report as I had not asked for additional credit or anything. I called them and was told that they could pull my credit report whenever they wanted too. Told them I had been a customer since 1979 and was very disappointed in them and I wouldn't be back to purchase anything from them in the future the guy who I talked to was very rude. I also informed them that now that they had cancelled my card they have no reason to pull my credit. I always told them that this is exactly why they have all the problems that they do and would never climb the ladder to be a trusted retailer."

This review was modified by lsayles on September 09 2015 05:49:59 PM

" Two delivery men came into my girlfriends house last week for a scheduled delivery. She was alone. After entering and being what she described as "very rude and impolite" they found the valves to which they were going to hook up her new washing machine. After surveying the situation, they told her that hey could not install her washing machine because the valves in her wall had corrosion on them. (we later sought a second an third opinion, both were plumbers and neither found any corrosion on either valve. They explained it was simply paint and that the valves were in good condition) So after lying to her that the valves were corroded, they prompted that they would install the washer anyway if she gave them more money "off the books". After asking them to clarify what they meant and being told again that they would do what they came to do if she gave them extra money on the side, she told them to leave. They began to try a negotiate a price with her, to which she repeated that she wanted them out of her home. After they eventually left, he called me immediately telling me how intimidated and uncomfortable they made her feel in her own home. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to find out that your girlfriend who is a single mother was taken advantage of in her own home. It is unacceptable to say the least. On top of that, after filing multiple reports with sears and their 3rd party delivery service i got a very nonchalant email reply telling me to let SEARS know when she gets the valves fixed so that they can send another delivery team out. And oh yeah, offered us a $50 gift card. What a joke. The behavior of the delivery men was completely unacceptable and the response from SEARS has been almost non existent. Its 2015 and a single mother can even have a product from a company as big as SEARS delivered to her home with out being taken advantage of by the intimidating, money hungry delivery men....working for the delivery service that SEARS employs. i rate them at a negative 10, all parties would have been better off if this interaction had never happened, and we had taken our business elsewhere in the first place. So if you are a female, or any person who is not trying to get schemed don't shop with SEARS."

This review was modified by chaseclem on September 07 2015 10:17:25 AM

"I purchased a dishwasher from them on my debit card. Order went through, I scheduled the delivery. Went into my bank account and the transaction was shown as processing. After an hour, I received an email saying the order was cancelled. The online chat help said the order wasn't cancelled and they gave me a number. I called that, they said they couldn't help and gave me a different number. I called that number and they said the dishwasher wasn't in stock. They then told me I would be reimbursed in 5-7 days. Really???? They took the money for product they didn't have and couldn't get. Opened a complaint with BBB. "

"Placed order on August 5. Said I could expect delivery (to their store) by August 18, 2015. Finally phoned to ask what was up on September 1. Was ready to cancel order, but agreed to give them 3 more days to sort it out. Well, nothing. Phoned again, talked to Ana, talked to her boss, (they were willing to cancel my order - my refund would be posted to my MC in 7-10 business days!!!) and was on-hold waiting to talk to his boss for 20 minutes. Gave up. What a disaster. Oh yeah, they said I would have to wait for delivery of my product before I could "Negotiate" any compensation for my time and trouble!!!!!!!!!! Really horrible service, would never order on-line from Sears again, wish I never had. "

This review was modified by MiltonAvery on September 04 2015 07:26:59 AM

"Take a close look at sears.com return policy before purchasing anything! Sears will only pay for return shipping if the item is "damaged in shipment and you contact them within 72 hours" or "if the wrong item was shipped". I received a defective skillet (warped on one side and the handle was crooked) and I was expected to pay for return shipping out of my own pocket! I decided instead to use the online return process and "say" that the item was damaged in shipment. I tried 3 different web browsers: Chrome, IE, and Firefox and the return shipping label would not appear on screen or print! I have given up all hope in Sears assisting me in any way. I purchased the same skillet from another company and plan to return the defective skillet back to that other company using the receipt, I am not happy that Sears has forced me to resort to this somewhat unethical tactic."

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!