Stores > Sears.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.27/10 0.27/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10

Built4speed NOT

"Unwittingly purchased on sears.com from a third party vendor originally wanting to use my reward points which I had amassed from an appliance purchase. I looked for a pair of shoes for my son and only after making the purchase realized my points could not be used. Tried to cancel the following morning but could only get through to call centers in the Philippines! They promised to contact the vendor and e-mail me within 24 hours but never did and I was charged $158 for something that I didn't want!
I contacted the vendor myself and they told me they didn't know about the cancellation and I was too late!
What a disgusting customer service situation will NEVER SHOP AGAIN AT SEARS!
Have purchased directly with a sears store in the last year and spent $10,000 on various appliances and household items will not be doing that again!!

"I recently purchase a GE microwave from Sears and boy did I get the shaft when I purchased one of their
(laughably useless) extended warranties. To begin I am no stranger to Sears and have used their plans and products since 1968 when they had one store located downtown Miami Fl. but boy have they gone from an A rated to something less than zero. When the microwave failed I called them for repair and learned the hard way that Sears has established a policy of troubleshooting by phone in an attempt " I suppose to save themselves gas"
Hey lets face it" If I knew how to repair a microwave or any other appliance why bother calling them?"
Well anyway they wasted my time for twenty minutes asking me to tweek this and tweek that before a service order was scheduled.
Now you would think this was an end to my suffering but it was just the start when I got the most obnoxious repairman in the world who proceeded to tell me that I was doing this wrong and that wrong before he installed some crap part. Well guess what it didn't work and I had to suffer four more lousy repair attempts before I finally gave up and bought myself a new Samsung from Best Buy.
The moral of this story is #1. I will never shop Sears again or purchase one of their good for nothing service warranties. #2. SEARS YOU ***************

Still waiting on my refund check ...

"So I bought a mattress from Sears and ended up returning the mattress. They were supposed to deposit my refund of $650.00 in my bank account. After days of waiting, I called customer service and they said that 'the check is in the mail'. Well, I have been waiting 15 days now, I have had numberous calls to customer service as well as commentary on their support site and still no check. I believe that 15 days is more than enought time to wait for a refund check. "

What a pain!

"I ordered 9 dress shirts on 08/14/16 for my son using sears.com. Unfortunately the shirts did not fit so I used the return label and sent them back. A week later, the box was sent back to me with a note saying that the distributor did not mail the items to me. I then mailed the shirts back to searsreturns.com. I got the box back again with a note from the same distributor saying they did not mail the items to me. I called customer service, the representative got in touch with the distributor and I was told I would receive a shipping address via email with in 2-3 days. I never received the address. I received an email today saying it was past the 30 days return policy, so the items cannot be returned. So, I am out over $300 because of incompetence on the part of Sears (plus over $30 in shipping costs). I have been a loyal customer for over 25 years - not anymore. You have lost a loyal customer - shame on you!"

This review was modified by cjcover on September 27 2016 07:30:35 AM

"Accidentally purchased an extra mattress online. Took at least 4 phone calls to sears.com, 3 "in store" visits, and over a month to get my account credited for a mattress that was NEVER in my possession. I will never shop at sears.com again. Incompetent.

Go somewhere else....this place has HORRIBLE customer service.

"9 month old fridge started overheating in the back and smelling like something was burning. Pulled it out and unplugged it as we were afraid it was going to burn the house down. After SEVEN calls to different numbers, I finally go ahold of who I was supposed to be talking to. 2 weeks for someone to come look at it. AND we bought the BEST warranty possible. Not that we would need it, the thing is less than a year old!!! So two weeks go by, service tech comes out and says, "i don't have these parts...gonna be a few weeks till I can get them." WHAT???? Are you fricken kidding me??? A month. A month with no Fridge. Thank you Sears, but you can go F**K yourself!!! "

Customer service sux

"I purchased a queen box spring from sears.com. The woman who processed my order asked me if I wanted the old one hauled away. I told her of course. Well, the delivery came today and the delivery people refused to take the old one away, saying there was no order to take it away and that they didn't have room. (Didn't they have room from the one they just delivered?) Anyway I called two different numbers trying to get the box springs picked up, only got the run around. The first person came back on the line after putting me on hold saying that she couldn't hear me. The other one, supposedly a manager, told me that I never requested a haul away. Way to cover your az sears. I will never do business with sears again, or should I say K mart. They get me confused. Too bad this lack of customer service has to spoil the great experience we had with the mattress delivery guys 3 days earlier. Sears is a rip off. Buyer be careful. "

Buyer Beware!!! Sears online!!

"Sears Marketplace. .Buyer Beware!! I paid S.E.G. (Survival Equipment Gear)Sears marketplace dealer. Thru Sears online site. $59.93 for a order. They sent me the wrong order. I paid $ 6.85 to ship the wrong order back. They finally gave refund of $29.99-which is only half of what I paid. SEG didn't pay for shipping. Which is $29.94 I never got my order. So they never paid for shipping. Sears marketplace states they will give you back your purchase price PLUS shipping!! They lie!!! And they wont let you put a negative customer review on their site ,for S.E.G. !! Buyer Beware!!~I won't ever buy from Sears again .
Order Summary
Shipping & Delivery
Shipping 29.94
Total Due 59.93

This review was modified by itsjustmemred on September 13 2016 05:37:19 PM

"I was shipped the wrong item. I had two options 1) Have UPS pick it up ($7.00 charge to me) and was never given a date when UPS might stop by (it was days before I chose option 2) 2) Go to the UPS store to drop it off myself. Both would cost me time, money and inconvenience to make up for Sears mistake. I was told by a manager that Sears could not expedite my order (read: won't).
Sears ****, even if you can understand the Filipino voices at customer care.

".... good fast shipping but just give the wrong information"

This review was modified by looknamdotson on August 30 2016 04:26:55 PM

First and last time from Sears!! Never again

"I bought a refrigerator from Sears outlets in cherry hill nj on may 9. 2016
Got a delivery on the 19th. I paid for delivery and installation 89.99. I got only the delivery. They refuse to do the instalation. Called the store and she said( the manager) that she will return the 89.99 back in my card for the inconvenience. Never happened!!
So i call the plumer to do that. I paid extra 100.
So i was waiting for the wayer to run and for producing ice. I got only water.
As i m writing this lines today this refrigerator is not producing any ice.
I called and i got technicians 5 times as up to now. Nothing seems to work in this refrigarator!!!
So i got a defective refer that was for trash but they sold it to me.
And no one can really exchange it for a working one!!!
Never again from sears or Sears outlets

"Ordered a window AC online for same day pickup. Waited several hours, was then told it could take up to 24 hours for my order to "get into the system ".
So much for same day pickup. I immediately canceled my order. It is now going on 2 weeks since canceling and several phone calls and I've yet to receive my $183.06 back. I finally had to open a case with PayPal to dispute the charge.
Do not do business with Sears unless you want to get ripped off!

This review was modified by Ceajae on August 26 2016 05:26:44 AM

For Sears Parts: Sears.com vs Sears Parts Direct - Watch Out - Different Return Policies

"On June 20, 2016 I ordered Sears item #07124434000, 30lb. wheel weights for my riding mower, Craftsman Pro-247.20442. The item was delivered on time and in great condition. However, I found it did not fit, since the item used bolts to attach to a mower. My mower does not have bolt holes in the rear wheels.

I thought I was buying this mower part from Sears Parts Direct, where I had bought previous wheel weights for my tractor, which were not what I wanted. Sears Parts Direct has a 90 day Return Policy, which I have used.

To my surprise, I had bought this Sears part from Sears.com which has only a 30 day Return policy. Upon trying to return the item today, I found that I was outside the Return window.

Having two separate entities selling Sears parts with different Return policies seems to be a bad business model, for both entities (i.e. Sears.com and Sears Parts Direct).

Separately, I note that Sears.com does not appear to have Buyers Ratings on their website. If Sears.com had ratings, I might have been alerted to the 30 day Return policy, prior to my purchase.

Defective lawn mower

"Bought a new lawn mower from Sears. Took it home, removed it from the box and assembled it. Would NOT start. Disassembled it, put it back in the box and returned it to Sears the same day. An employee verified that it would not start. They gave me a replacement. Took it home and went through the same process. The 2nd one also wouldn't start. AGAIN, took it back and got number 3. This one started so I cut my grass. One week later, the 3rd one wouldn't start. I am now 3 days past the 30 day return period and they told me that I would have to take it to the other side of the city, drop it off at their repair facility, go home then return when they get around to repairing it. So far, I have well over 20 hours and over 50 miles invested in picking up and dropping off defective mowers from Sears. When I purchased the 1st mower, the clerk badgered me into getting a Sears credit card. I just cut the credit card into pieces. I will NEVER shop at Sears again. Sears has deteriorated into Walmart service with Saks Fifth Avenue prices. They ****."

This review was modified by denajohn on August 19 2016 09:10:01 AM

Sears. The WORST Customer Service

"I am a new home owner and I wanted to buy a washer and dryer from a company that would help take care of me if needed. I spent over $2500 on a Kenmore washer and dryer about 7 months ago. The washer machine has broken 3 times since then. The computer board just stopped working. So on 08/11/2016 I called Sears to set up an app. to fix it. They didn't have any open time on Friday or Saturday which i understood. So they made an app. on Monday for 8 am to Noon. I took a day off work just for this. I get an email at 12:01 saying they have changed my app. to 08/16/2016 from 1 pm to 5 pm. So i have to take another day off work. I called several times to explain my disgust and disappointment. The customer service was very rude and didn't care at all. So on 08/16/2016 around 4:45 pm they still have not shown up. I call and they changed my app. again without tell me from 4:30 to 6:30. Well that just was not ok with me. I had a meeting i had to go to. So while on the phone i tried for over 20 min to tell them i need help on this today. I cant be without a washer for 6 days. All they said was well you are gonna have to wait. So finally around 5:30 the Tech shows up. The nicest guy ever. After about 2 min he tells me the issue and starts looking at parts. It is going to cost $1,300 to fix this machine. It would only cost $1,100 to replace. The parts wont be here until 08/27/2016 and then i can make an app when they have time. This is unacceptable. I will never buy any thing from Sears again. I will make sure to tell everyone i know the same thing. Sears Customer Service is terrible. If you actually read this just know the service is horrible and not worth buying. "

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!