Stores > Sears.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.21/10 0.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.80/10 0.80/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
2017-01-06

If there was a negative million star rating SEARS Should be given it!!

"Made a purchase in excess of $900 a few weeks before Christmas. Never delivered, nor installed. I cancelled the order. They have not refunded me or credited my card! What I'd like to know is...HOW DO YTHEY GET AWAY WITH THIS!!! We MUST pay our bills on time. Shouldn't they have to pay theirs!!? I'll take credit for being stupid enough to even purchase there, but please can't someone close down that fraudulent store with their fraudulent business practices? Obviously NOT the same company we grew up with in the 50's, 60's and 70's. I would like my $900.00 back and would like to know how to go about getting it. Should I consult an attorney, pay him a few thousand if he gets me $10,000 in damages, as I am losing my mind over this!"

2017-01-03

Terrible Company

"I bought a dishwasher on Dec 8 for delivery Dec 27. Got a call Dec 27 same day as delivery that delivery is rescheduled because item is not in stock to new date of Jan 3. Got a call on Jan 3 to tell me that delivery is rescheduled to Jan 18 because not in stock. Sears how do you sell items which you do not have? How do you notify customers on delivery date that you will not come in? Terrible company. I will never use again and have shared my experience on social media. I am actually curious at this point if delivery comes in on this 3rd scheduled date as I have quite a following to find out result."

This review was modified by droidbag1 on January 03 2017 08:14:37 AM

2017-01-02

If you like bad service - shop Sears!

"Worst service I have ever received! I thought I was calling my local store to find out if they had a particular dryer in stock - I talked to a representative who never said they were a call center. The person I talked to said they had the dryer in stock and could hold it for me but would need my credit card. They proceeded to charge my card and I asked if it was for the dryer only and they said yes. But they charged me for a vent, elbow and service agreement without even asking! I didn't even know until I got an email stating the details of my order. It took weeks to get the parts refunded that I didn't need and I am still working on getting the service agreement refunded and it has been a month and a half. They said they sent a check three weeks ago! Each time I have to go through the whole story with some service person. Always have to wait on hold for more than 10 to 15 minutes just to talk to someone. Terrible service. Never will shop at Sears again!"

2016-12-28

They are thief!

"I placed two orders of gift cards, but I only got one gift card sent to my email. After almost two weeks I haven't received the gift card, I contacted the customer service and the representative told me she forwarded to a specialist for investigation and I should receive the gift card in 48 hours. Now after FOUR days I haven't received any response from Sears at all. They just charged me without sending me the gift card. What a scam! I will get my money back from the credit card company."

2016-12-22

Horrible Service

"I ordered three himilayan salt lamps as Christmas gifts. I received an email this week that my ITEMS were avail for pick up. I left work early to go get them today. The man walks out with one. I asked him where the other two are? He was rude and of no help. He said not here. Don't know what to tell you. So I called c/s tonight to see if they can overnight the other two. I am now short two gifts and it is too late to shop online to get another deal and to get them on time. They say sorry, soonest you can get them is January 3rd. It's no wonder Sears and Kmart are in trouble. I even gave them the opportunity to make good. First and last time I ever use for gift shopping. Many other stores with superior service. They've just shown me that they do NOT care, incompetent and it shows. I gave them the chance to redeem themselves and they didn't. "

This review was modified by Ereilly07 on December 22 2016 06:25:52 PM

2016-12-22

Sears canceled my order without my approval but kept my payment. They are THIEF'S.

" I am extremely dissatisfied with your service. In Thursday the 24th I ordered a French Fridge in withe with ice maker in the door for the price of $999. Through the sears account of my daughter in law. At home I realized that the fridge was too wide so I wend ahead and canceled the order. The next morning we looked at the space I have, and my son suggested to move a cabinet so I would have space to house the Fridge. I called Sears back and reordered the fridge, this time in my own account. I spend over an hour on the phone with a girl who barely spoke English and had to repeat my words 3 times or more to get them right. Very frustrating. But she got the order placed as she assured me. I gave my credit card information and the total came to $999. as there was $60 tax but I got a $7 refund or something.
By Sunday I still hadn't received an conformation email so I called Sears back. Again I got a girls who was very difficult to understand. She finely found my order and assured me all was OK. The fridge would be delivered on the 29th. Today (the 29th) in my lunch time I called again to make sure I would be home when the fridge would be delivered and I was told to expect a call from the delivery team the fridge would come between 7 and 9 pm. At 7.30 still no call. so I called Sears again and now I was told my order was canceled. I am livid. I spend so many hours on the phone I have a headache. But no fridge. Now I am without fridge as I was counting on the delivery today. Now I have been put on hold for almost an hour and I finely hang up as I am tired of the tune they are playing. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS. I am going to make this public as I am very disappointed with your service.
Today 12/22/2016 I found out that Sears indeed has taken my payment on the 24th of November and they NEVER returned it. I am now again on the phone for over an hour to get my original payment back.
I want to warn ALL Sears customers about this practice. This was a fridge, what is not so easy to forget. But what do they do with small orders they cancel without telling their customers.
Part of my conversation with them.
Arroyo (01:38:15 GMT) : I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience.
Visitor (01:38:16 GMT) : no I only got $****.99 back
Visitor (01:38:36 GMT) : I just showed you the printout of my PayPal account.
Arroyo (01:38:41 GMT) : Yes, Let me check if the sales tax is not refunded or not.
Visitor (01:38:56 GMT) : Bad that is an understatement. The worst ever
Visitor (01:39:40 GMT) : First you sell me a fridge than you cancel it and you still keep my money for over a month.
Visitor (01:39:47 GMT) : I call that stealing
Arroyo (01:39:56 GMT) : I can completely understand. If that happened to me I'd be really upset too. I can imagine how frustrating that must be.
Visitor (01:41:05 GMT) : You have no idea I have spend hours and hours on this and I am back at zero.
Arroyo (01:41:49 GMT) : I am sorry for that, please allow me 2 minutes.
Visitor (01:44:02 GMT) : I still have no fridge and now i am out $60.
Visitor (01:45:09 GMT) : I was going to get a fridge for half price but that they wanted me to pay again while they were already holding $**** of my money for a month
Visitor (01:45:20 GMT) : 4 minutes now
Arroyo (01:45:39 GMT) : Yes, the difference amount is $60.00. I am forwarding the issue to our accounts team to issue the remaining $60.00.
Visitor (01:45:48 GMT) : just put the money back in my account. I have lost all patient with this company
Arroyo (01:45:54 GMT) : The credit will be processed within next 3-5 business days and you will get a confirmation email.
Visitor (01:46:13 GMT) : I have waited already 4 weeks.
Arroyo (01:46:26 GMT) : Yes, our previous agents already forwarded the refund request to our accounts team.
Arroyo (01:46:45 GMT) : There will not any issues and this is the standard time frame to see the credit.

This review was modified by GOJANTINA on December 23 2016 10:42:03 AM

2016-12-04

I wanted half a star

"never again will I have anything to do with Sears. I ordered a popcorn popper on line at the Marketplace. Beaware...they are the worst. I ordered nov 10 and its Dec 5 and I still do no have it. I have contacted them 6 times as they never contact me back after their phony promises. They refuse to give me a refund. It's always wait 24hs and try again. They are the worst. I just threw my money away!!!!"

This review was modified by solana13 on December 04 2016 04:01:23 PM

2016-11-29

Not in Control

"Purchase a Free Standing Range online for delivery and set-up. Used my debit card for the transaction. The very next day I had to cancel the order due to unforeseen need for the money. I attempted cancel on-line but their system directed me to call an 800 number to complete the cancellation. Called number and was told the order too cancel was sent to their delivery department and will be cancelled. I was also told my monies would be returned 7 to 10 business days from cancellation date.
Not accepting this I called corporate customer service. The gentleman there looked at the transaction and said the monies would be returned in 24 hours. Well it has been 3 working days since my cancellation and the money has not been returned. Called Sears Corporate again and the lady told me because the delivery department cancelled the order it will take 7 to 10 business days.... I asked if that could be changed because I need the money and she said no one has control over the computer to change it. Moral of the story is to never use a Debit card and they have lost a customer of 47 years. I will not buy another item from Sears and will tell this problem to whomever will listen!

This review was modified by Davey754926 on November 29 2016 11:24:41 AM

2016-11-25

Buyer Beware - Sears Credit NOT Refunded - Seller unresponsive

"If you shop online at Sears.com, even using your Sears credit card for protection, Sears will NOT credit your account if the seller is unresponsive to a return request."

2016-11-17

2 months of nothing, to get something done?

"- Bought a Panasonic 42" LED TV @ $599.88 with a 5YR Warranty for $179.99 on Feb 10th, 2012 from Sears.com & picked it up at a Sears store a few days later. Been happy with it ever since.

- We contacted Sears on 09-14-2016 due to TV is dead, and not powering on. Luckily we purchased a 5YR warranty & it's still within that 5YR.

- Appt. set with Sears for 09-27-2016 to have an External/Authorized (not sears) Repair Tech come out with parts on hand to fix TV.

- External Repair Company ordered parts on 09-29-2016 after finding out the parts they had ordered did not repair TV.

- Called External Repair Company on 10-21-2016. Parts expected to arrive on 10-28-2016

- Called external repair on 10-28-2016. Parts expected to arrive on 11-04-2016

- Checked status on the External Repair Company’s site and it states that there is a date completed on 11-04-2016. Apparently they could not repair the TV, but did not inform Sears. They don’t get paid until it’s fixed or deem it’s unrepairable and they will contact Sears.

- Called External Repair Company on 11-04-2016, they will not pick up any of my calls after 7 attempts throughout the morning/early afternoon.

- Called Sears customer service late in the day on 11-04-2016, they will be contacting the company to find out what the current status is & will call me back in 24 hours.

- Called back Sears on 11-07-2016 as the 24-hour call never happened & found out that the External Repair Company had not ordered the part from Sears. Need to wait until the 18th to give Sears a call back to find out why it's taking over 2 months for a TV repair.

- Called back Sears on 11-17-2016 as we received a Service Survey for Service that was performed at our home on 11-15-2016 when we have heard nothing from Sears or the External Repair Company. Spoke to a Sears rep again and find out that we now have been authorized on 11-07-2016 for a replacement for our Dead TV, but did not receive a call about it. Transferred to Replacement Dept. and speak with rep about a "Comparable Product". We paid $179.99 extra on a TV for a 5YR extended warranty to only get $497 back to be told we need to pick out a Comparable Product in one of their stores.

While I realize Sears is not Apple, I remember buying a Computer & Monitor and I was within my warranty when my CRT monitor died 4 years later after buying it. Apple’s warranty company did not carry the same model as it was discontinued and Apple had upgraded me to a larger screen size of the new series that replaced my CRT per an inconvenience to me. They had also given me the option of just cutting me a check for the full monitor cost from when I had originally bought it.

Sears... this is what standing behind your customer and products mean. Giving your customer the short end of the stick and taking forever to get things fixed is unacceptable. This is why Sears will not and cannot compete with the larger retail companies like Target, Costco, or even Amazon. Sears customer service seriously needs an overhaul as your customers just sit there while you try to figure it out & not spend too much money on overhead cost with a much faster solution to remedy a solution to take care of your customer's needs. Your own practices are driving away customers from little life experiences like this. Sears Customer No More. Thank you for putting that nail in the coffin in regards to if I had any reason to doubt my decision on remaining a loyal Sears customer.

This review was modified by IamDexter on November 17 2016 01:45:43 PM

2016-11-16

Online shopping at Sears.ca must be the worst that I’ve experienced

"Long story short; I bought 2 sleep sets online at Sears.ca. Both sets qualified for free delivery. First set went on sale right after I bought it. Sears failed to refund me the difference. I was charged a delivery fee for the second item. It appeared on the order summary AFTER I completed my purchase. Before I completed the transaction, the delivery fee was zero.
I spoke with 4 Sears customer service agents during one month period. At first I was told nothing can be done until I receive the items and the delivery charge is just a computer glitch. Then I was told that I must receive the credit card statement before anything can be done. After I had all of the above, I was told that I was supposed to pay the shipping fee. The agent did not even talk about the price adjustment for the first set.
The sets came in poor condition. One was dusty and had a dirt spot and a little hole. The second also had a little hole on a side. The producer of mattresses was not identified on the labels. They were shipped from King Koil.
I posted a review on the Sears website reflecting the QUALITY of the items. The review stayed there for a few days and was removed. Now one can find there just one review that gives this sets 5 stars.
In addition, Sears failed to provide anything that can be used can be used as receipts for warranty and returns.

This review was modified by VadimR on November 16 2016 07:20:10 PM

2016-11-05

Please do not purchase with sears!!!

"I ordered a washer and dryer for my mother as a gift. She was so excited about the present however, things went from good to nightmare. Customer service placed an order for an electric dryer instead of a gas one. They took the wrong dryer back and said we should get the right dryer in 3 days. Three days pass and no dryer. Initially they said we could exchange it easily. Someone else called me to say it would take 2 weeks! Between me and my mother we got calls from 5 different people stating different time periods for delivery. I have never been so aggravated regarding a purchase. I will NEVER order from sears again. I do have shop your way money but refuse to use them. I suggest others who plan on making a purchase to reconsider. If you want to deal with aggravation and conversations lasting 45 minutes then go ahead. NO REASONABLE PERSON WOULD WANT TO DEAL WITH SEARS!!!"

2016-10-25

Horrible customer service

"I have never been angry enough to waste my time voicing a negative review but I have never dealt with such a mess in my life. I ordered a water softener which they over charged me for. I have now spent over 2 hours trying to resolve this problem with several non-English speaking customer service representatives. I have no idea if I will actually get my money back at this time. What happened to this company? Stay away from sears.com!"

2016-10-15

Built4speed NOT

"Unwittingly purchased on sears.com from a third party vendor originally wanting to use my reward points which I had amassed from an appliance purchase. I looked for a pair of shoes for my son and only after making the purchase realized my points could not be used. Tried to cancel the following morning but could only get through to call centers in the Philippines! They promised to contact the vendor and e-mail me within 24 hours but never did and I was charged $158 for something that I didn't want!
I contacted the vendor myself and they told me they didn't know about the cancellation and I was too late!
What a disgusting customer service situation will NEVER SHOP AGAIN AT SEARS!
Have purchased directly with a sears store in the last year and spent $10,000 on various appliances and household items will not be doing that again!!

2016-10-09

SEARS AND THEIR SERVICE WARRANTIES AND CARE PLANS ****

"I recently purchase a GE microwave from Sears and boy did I get the shaft when I purchased one of their
(laughably useless) extended warranties. To begin I am no stranger to Sears and have used their plans and products since 1968 when they had one store located downtown Miami Fl. but boy have they gone from an A rated to something less than zero. When the microwave failed I called them for repair and learned the hard way that Sears has established a policy of troubleshooting by phone in an attempt " I suppose to save themselves gas"
Hey lets face it" If I knew how to repair a microwave or any other appliance why bother calling them?"
Well anyway they wasted my time for twenty minutes asking me to tweek this and tweek that before a service order was scheduled.
Now you would think this was an end to my suffering but it was just the start when I got the most obnoxious repairman in the world who proceeded to tell me that I was doing this wrong and that wrong before he installed some crap part. Well guess what it didn't work and I had to suffer four more lousy repair attempts before I finally gave up and bought myself a new Samsung from Best Buy.
The moral of this story is #1. I will never shop Sears again or purchase one of their good for nothing service warranties. #2. SEARS YOU ***************

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!