Stores > Sears Canada

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.56/10 0.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sears Canada by clicking a star below.
2017-05-26

Horrible Customer Service

"When shopping at fairview mall in Toronto in the women's clothing section, don't bother wasting your time to find someone to assist you. When you do finally find someone to assist you, they don't acknowledge you and are not helpful. I simply asked if they had a dress in a smaller size and was told "I don't work in this department"...the lady didn't bother to find someone in the department for me. The second lady brought me over to the rack where I picked the dress from and told me to look my self. I told her I already look and asked if she could check the system...the answer was no. I ended up walking through the home section and they have some pretty cool items and furniture (kind of like homesense) except the prices are way too high. Needless to stay, the re-branding strategy is not working and I will not be shopping here again."

2017-05-09

if I could give this company less than 1 star I would...DO NOT ORDER ONLINE

"I placed an online order on Apr 19. According to my purchase confirmation, my items were to be delivered to the store in my city within 3-7 days. I have spent hours on the phone trying to find out WHERE MY ORDER IS. Nothing but a run around. The standard "so sorry this has happened..blah blah" they must play this speech on a loop. I was finally given tracking numbers which show my order left the Calgary Warehouse on May 2 (after being told on the phone that it was shipped Apr 29. Yep, not one time of talking to these yahoos did I get the same story). I live in Winnipeg. It takes 12 hrs to drive to Calgary, so why, after 7 days, is my order still "in transit" and not a damn person can tell me when I am going to get it. SO DONE WITH THIS. No wonder this store is slowly sinking... Take my word, don't order online from them. I wish I had listened to others when they warned me >.<

2017-04-17

no service at all

"I bought a range on Apr 4. I set the delivery date by mistake on apr 21 instead of apr 10. I phone 2 minutes after the order to change the date. They told me no problems. On apr 9, I received an automated call. I never received my range. 3 weeks later, after many emails an call, nobody was able to change this delivery date! I did around 10 calls and 4 emails. I ask to talk to a manager, with no success. Still waiting for my range. I will never buy again at sears.ca. This is why Sears is about to close their doors. I will go back with home depot.

2016-12-27

Sears online should advertise.... " Please give your business to anyone else"

"After 4 phone calls..... > 3 hours on the phone............. 3 failed attempts to order 1 item for my grandchildren (first order had misspelled name, street and city; 2nd and 3rd order were not submitted by the staff). I just want to give a heartfelt thank you to Toys R Us at Polo Park in Winnipeg for doing in less than 5 minutes, what Sears Canada could not do in more than 3 hours.
If Sears Canada is struggling at all financially, it might be their abysmal customer service. Though I left 2 polite voicemails and sent 1 email delineating my dissatisfaction.............. I have only received email sales flyers.

2016-12-19

Apparently my in stock item was unvailable the whole time without my knowledge

"Sooooo unimpressed. Waited for my daughters stocking holder for almost a month. Finally called to see where it was. Waited almost 30 minutes to talk to agent regarding current orders. Then had to wait another 15 to speak to customer service. She tells me oh its unavialable, we cant order them. I said well it said it was in stock or I would never have ordered it. I was even sent an email being asked to review said item. So not impressed. I will not be shopping at sears.ca and mayne not the store anymore. Thanks for nothing!"

2016-12-18

Shady business practices - read the fine print because the tellers won't tell you!!!!!!!!

"Preface: I&ve written over 300 reviews on Google Maps, and this is the first review below 3 stars. I only post to help others and never for my own benefit.
SHADY business practices!! Borderline ILLEGAL!!! We were shopping and tried to use what we thought was a Sears gift card, only to be told that it was in fact a store merchandise credit card which had expired a little over a week ago. There is no expiry date on the card, only very fine print stating that it expires 12 months after issue and there is nothing they can do which just cost me around $80 (and this is right around Christmas time - way to get into the holiday spirit). This was NOT explained to us when we returned a present with a gift receipt. Needless to say we will not be coming back to the store ever again, and neither will majority of our friends. Note: the reason I say it's borderline illegal - it is illegal for gift cards to expire in Canada, however store merchandise credits are not gift cards so they are exempt from the rule, except that when most stores give store credit, it is on a receipt, and not on a card that looks like a gift card.
Additionally, the store isn't well maintained with lots of merchandise all over the place. Signage is not very good with many products missing price tags.

2016-12-18

The Worst Online Customer Support

"Purchased a Kenmore vacuum online and wanted it delivered (free delivery on orders over $50). The confirmation email came thru with confirmation number and also says "arrives in 3-7 days". After the 7 days I call customer support to try and find more info on my order. They say that someone will get back to me within 48 hours with the progress of the order. No one got back to me. They couldn't tell me any information at all to when I would be receiving my vacuum. After about 6 calls and being put on "HOLD" probably hoping I would hang up and 3 emails to customer service over the next 3 weeks and never getting an answer.
Each time I signed into Sears.ca to check on the progress of the order, it always said "Being Processed", Status: Not Shipped.
I phoned Sears customer service and emailed them to cancel the order. Over a week later when I look up the order on my Sears customer account, it still says "being processed".
Sears Canada customer support is the worst I have ever encountered. They do not update the progress of your order and were not able to give you any update on the progress of the order placed.

2016-12-15

Dont trust their online inventory status

"Order washe dryer, oven, a microwave and a vacuum, all supposedly available. None of them got ship, after 2 weeks waiting, and way too many call to untrained customer service rep, I had to cancel and reorder somewhere else!"

2016-12-14

Back orders without your knowledge

"Ordered winter boots on cyber monday deals and never received it, neither tracking or any update on status. So I wasted other opportunities on other stores and ended up waiting forever. In the checkout the system said I would receive in 5-7 days and never ever mentioned it was a back order. Called and they said that it would take one week more in the worst scenario. Well, worst scenario is getting worse then... I would really like to get my boots soon but will probably just get my money and spend double to have the same and yet with a one month delay"

2016-09-05

sears did it again won't every go back

"yepper Like I said I had bought 1000s of dollars worth of stuff from sears over the years stereos, couches, table sets, tools,TVs, clothes etc. But since they screwed me over on the washer I have not been back and well never go back again

2016-07-30

Sears - satisfaction NOT guaranteed

"Sears Canada used to go above and beyond for their customers. Satisfaction was guaranteed. Not anymore! 3 months ago my elderly mother bought a bread maker thinking she'd given away the old one. I decided to call and find out if I could return the unopened product, still with tags and packaging to the store. I was first told by a CSR in the Philippines that 30 days had passed so I couldn't return it. I then spoke to a manager, who told me it was actually 72 hours, no exceptions. What kind of large company sets their return policy at 3 days?! I finally asked them to patch me over to someone in Canada. I spoke to an unfriendly manager in Belleville, Ontario who was equally unhelpful. That's business, she said. Yep, bad business. My parents buy everything major from Sears. I certainly will never buy another thing there and I will discourage my family, friends and colleagues from doing the same. Go to Costco where they still believe in customer service.

2016-04-25

Failing Giant

"It is a any wonder, in today's day and age where businesses are supposed to be concerned about customer satisfaction, that Sears Canada continues to fail in that department.
Once again, Sears has disappointed me.
Consumers get better treatment from most other retailers. I'm officially done with Sears Canada.

2016-04-06

What a disaster this company has become.

"Ordered a 400$ dishwasher with a 50$ bonus code and 150$ of sears points Ive had for years and claims of free ship all of which seemed to apply but not only do they not apply any of these before charging me the full amount plus shipping after refusing to send me a confirmation email AFTER they charged the CC. They now hold my money for 7-10 days after cancelling after I decided to call them the following day. Phone service couldnt explain to me why the Sears points werent applied and why store locator cant indicate or warn of free shipping options. She did expain there was fine print on the bonus code (basically it applied to almost nothing in their catalog). Ive not received any email confirmation for order cancellation or sears points returned to my account. Online order verification says not available at this time. Their online store is dangerous the way they dont inform you at order time. No order number is given or explanation of costs after putting in rebate info. "

2015-07-11

"I am very disapointed with Sears Cananda. I ordered something 2 weeks ago and it was supposed to arrive on July 6th and I am still waiting for it a week later! It has no tracking number so I have no idea where my package is and when I called customer service they did not speak english and couldnt answer any of my questions!! Horrible company, would never order anything from them again!"

2015-03-04

"Sears has become a horrible company to deal with and have no business posting guarantees on their website such as “We’ll do our best to do what’s best for you” that it has no intentions of honoring.

We purchased a mattress from Sears it is sagging more than 6 inches in less than a year of purchase. We tried to deal with them over the phone and the customer service agents were so robotic and hung-up when they could not answer questions they are not willing to or able to provide the best service. Then, we went into the Sears Outlet on 2633 Sweden Way on February 11th, 2015 and we were assured that Sears Corporate Customer Service - Furniture Medic would come in and assess our issue with the mattress within one week. NOBODY contacted us! We escalated the problem all the way up to the CEO’s office rboire@searshc.com and they told us “We will have an appointment arranged shortly”. We finally got an appointment for March 19th, 2015; 5 WEEKS LATER.

Now I am preparing myself for the second phase of having to struggle with Sears after all the reviews I have read http://homestars.com/companies/2681010-sears-canada-inc and I fully expect them not to find anything wrong with the mattress and yet the amount of pain is ridiculous even though we are not large people. I did not have back issues prior to this mattress but my husbands does and his back problems are more severe being triggered by using this mattress. My husband sleeps on the floor and I stay at the edge of the mattress so that my body doesn’t get as sore as sleeping in the middle. Waiting for an appointment is very painful and we have been suffering in the meantime. But Sears could not care less!

I provided Sears with links of reviews on Kingsdown mattresses which are extremely negative but Carrie Whittle from Sears Executive Office Email: cwhitt2@sears.ca replied “Unfortunately I can not authorize for anything till we have received the report from the furniture medic. I am constantly monitoring the open work order for any changes”

When we decided to purchase from Sears, it was because we believed in their “New Satisfaction Guarantee” Hassle – Free Shopping but it has been a nightmare for us. We feel like we have been robbed and wish we never experienced dealing with them.

Share Sears Canada's store rating

Sears Canada is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears Canada is not a merchant member
Sears Canada does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!