Stores > Soho Diffusion
  • Soho Diffusion

Voice your opinion! Review Soho Diffusion by clicking a star below.
2015-01-29

"Horrible company. Never EVER buy from these guys online. Took them 4 fucking weeks to ship from Quebec to New Brunswick.. 4 WEEKS. That is just insane, its not like these guys are located in another country, all though dealing with their god awful support it wouldn't surprise me after my experience. Avoid these guys at all cost. Buy from NCIX, Newegg, BestBuy, ANYBODY but these guys."

2014-12-09

"Terrible merchant. I'm only in my mid-20s, but so far this is the worst shop I've ever had to deal with in my entire life.

Extremely bad communication. 1) They don't have a phone number. 2) Despite allegedly offering 24/24 7/7
customer support, I've never seen their "live sales help chat" feature ever online. 3) E-mails take forever to be answered compared to what you'd expect in the 21st century. Usually long delays since all the ones I've received were in the little wee hours of the morning. (I suspect it's an outsourced service)

As for the actual transaction; they arbitrarily cancelled my order, citing that I sent them "too many" e-mails inquiring about it. Moreover, I was accused of "fraud" for HYPOTHETICALLY asking whether I could pay by bank transfer to receive their 3% rebate for non-credit transactions. Furthermore, their 4.99$ flat shipping is hogwash, as it leaves out the insurance, and it is not applicable to most items.

2013-02-09

"It take weeks to get my order. They sell me a defective noctua fan and dont want to refund me! What a shitty place, incredible. NEVER buy from there. It cost me 1800$ for my computer witjhout monitor and now i can't have a normal cpu cooler who work on the cpu controller fan.Dont make my mistake to save a few bucks: go to micro-bytes."

2012-10-06

"On August 26, 2012 I placed a web order for a NEW Dell U2711 monitor that the web site indicated was in stock. When my credit card was charged, the amount was not the total invoice price. Instead it was the total invoice price plus an additional 3%. I expected the monitor to be shipped promptly but it was not until Sept 11, 2012 that it was finally sent to me by Canada Post. I received the monitor from Canada Post on Sept 17, 2012 and the box it came in was sealed with Dell packing tape. However, to my dismay, the box had a sticker with a Service Tag Number C12Z7R1 and the monitor serial number on it. I believe the presence of the service tag may indicate that the monitor I received was previously owned, likely faulty, sent back to Dell and REFURBISHED. Following that, it appears that this company then sold it to me as NEW. I am extremely disappointed with this seller and will NEVER deal with them again. "

2012-06-24

"Ordered a scanner first time, then a month later when I inquire why it hasn't shown up, they say the credit card didn't go through.

Order the scanner second time ($30 cheaper now!) and they do charge the credit card, but they charge $950 instead of $823 like the bill says. Never shows up. That was a month and a half ago.

Wish I'd seen this site beforehand.

Update: so I complained more, and demanded a refund. Within two hours they sent a package and I received the tracking number. They said they held the order to check me over (like, security-wise) because my credit card hadn't gone through the first time. For six weeks they already had the money from the second transaction, but they say they had to search my iP address against my physical address and some other creepy stuff to get 'authorization' to send me the package. Which seemed to happen finally a little after midnight on a Sunday just after I'd demanded a refund.

I just wonder... what's in that package?

2012-04-13

"Wish I saw these other reviews first... Ordered 3 items from this company. Their warehouse is relatively close to my house so I opted to pick up the order in person.

Asked if the order was ready, and got a confirmation email saying it was.

Drove across town, only two items were in stock. Asked about the 3rd and was told, "Oh no, this product won't be available in Canada for a few weeks". Why didn't they let me know this first?? Anyhow, cancelled that product.

A few weeks have passed, and I just opened one of the other items, a Belkin Powered USB hub. This unit is DOA. Doesn't work at all, no power.

This seller is a joke, and probably sells at a discount because of buying discounted, shoddy / broken products.

Avoid at all costs.

2011-04-21

"They shipped me a product that we pre-opened and covered in dust. They product was defective. First they told me to contact the manufacturer, then they told me all sales are final / no refunds, then they told me that a 25% restocking fee applied. I had to pay all shipping for a heavy item and the only acceptable term was store credit. I wouldn't shop here."

2011-04-08

"Purchased a laptop from them on March 25, 2011 - they immediately charged my card, but did not have any stock of the product even though their website said they did. I notified them, and I found another vendor with stock. The vendor says they credited back my mastercard on March 30, 2011 and today is April 8, 2011 and no refund has been issued. I contacted Mastercard who checked their records and say that no attempts to credit my account have been made. *SEE EDIT FOR UPDATE*. I would highly advise you to save yourself the headache of dealing with these people. Customer service is not a priority for these guys - in fact, when they read this review they even contacted me to make legal threats against me for posting it.

Because they have in fact credited my card back, although they lied several times about it prior to the actual credit date I have placed the following edit below:

EDIT: As of April 8, 2011 they have credited back my purchase. While the vendor says they credited back the purchase on March 30th, Mastercard confirms they did not do so until April 7, 2011 after I contacted them multiple times about it.

2011-02-07

"Bad experience.

Read all the bad reviews before buying from them and still went thru since I was able to go for a local pickup and pay cash at their desk. Bought two items for a total of around 300$

One of em was defect. Contacted them for a replacement and they offered me to take care of the RMA for me and send the item back to company for a replacement. No refund, no exchange. Just a couple weeks of waiting. Too bad if I paid for it, i must wait for a new one without enjoying anything. Unacceptable. Lots of arguing, no cooperation.

I ended up buying another one elsewhere.

Stay away from those losers.

2010-07-06

"This company is one I advise staying very far away from. I'm still waiting for an order 4 weeks after placing it. When I request information via email the requests are ignored. When I check the item on their website they claim there are "Just a few left!", just as it said when I placed my order. I asked to cancel the order and was informed there is a 25% "restocking fee"... for an item they obviously don't actually have in stock!!! So now I can't get the item from somewhere reputable without paying these cheats money for jerking me around!

Take it from someone who's learned the hard way, save yourself some money and aggravation and shop somewhere else.

UPDATE: Now 2 months and counting. No reply from the company to any emails. The item ordered still appears on their website as "Available" and "Only a few left". Sleazy business practices.

2010-05-25

"I bought 2 weeks ago a custom build computer case (2700$+++) total order.

Been 3 weeks now, and they cant get all the items in time. I got a bad PSU also, which they wont remplace FREELY like the laws in quebec/canada stipulate. Need to get a stupid RMA, pay to get remplacement. Everything is agnaist the law at that place.

I told them I probably wont take their case (missing after 3 weeks). He replied, if you dont pay for it, we will charge you a 25% restock fee. (That made me laugh a LOT lol...) You cant charge what I dont get. And 3 weeks to get a case (which I still dont have).

I've bought around 100k-150k $ (CND) of equipment there, they gave me a 2%. Even tho I got them 2 companies, familly, friends, I all convinced them to buy all their stuff there. I've lost my 2% 1-2 years ago even tho my expenses there and all my references.

Last time I waste my time there, Ill try to find a new place to buy my stuff to.

2009-11-09

"Bad experience. I ordered 2 items on their web site because they seemingly had the best price. It was misrepresentation. Later I received an email saying "Unfortunately a corruption in our database prevented the price update last night in the memory section. All price listed are now revised." I appealed to them to honor the sale. They did not answer, which I interpret as contempt for their customers. In the mean time, they made me miss another sale for the same items on a reputable site. Result: waste of time and money. "

2009-06-20

"I think sincerely that Sohofiffusion is far the worst experiment I had to do on purchasing to a web store.
Although I'm a registered Sohodiffusion customer I can't consult my account for the state of my order or updated bill because nothing is available. I had to requested 3 times to obtain an updated bill after I made an addition item on the same bill. The worst thing is that Sohodiffusion shipped my order on mail C.O.D ($2024.61) the dilivery man ring at my door and asked me to pay in cash so I did'nt have this cash amount at home. I have had to pick up it at post office the day after. When at home I opened the percel it was only 3 of 5 items inside the box but I have paid for the total of the order. It was on May 16 today we're June 20 and I'm still waiting for the missing pre-paid articles! Sohodiffusion never send me some email to inform me on the progress of the situation, each time I had to beg for some information about the situation. What a shame thinking that Sohodiffusion is just at 1:30 hours in time distance from my home.(Montreal, Quebec, Canada). Also I've seen on another canadian web store an article I have ordered $65.00 cheaper but Sohodiffusion refuse to match price and reduce my bill. How can I recommend anybody to purchase anything from SOHODIFFUSION? Excuse me but Sohodiffusion is out of the race...

Share Soho Diffusion's store rating

Soho Diffusion is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Soho Diffusion is not a merchant member
Soho Diffusion does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!