Stores > The WEBstaurant Store

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.88/10 2.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.65/10 3.65/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.72/10 2.72/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review The WEBstaurant Store by clicking a star below.
2017-03-23

Order of cancer-busing plates

"I ordered a dozen glass salad plates and paid $55.00 When they arrived, they were plastic with a warning label that these plates have a cancer-causing ingredient. I packed them up and "chatted" to return them. They said with shipping costs and a 30% restocking fee I would get 16 dollars back, WHAT A 2RIP-OFF SHUT THEM DOWN"

This review was modified by SandyBrownBoa on March 23 2017 04:45:02 PM

2017-03-16

Items broke during shipping and I would have to pay for shipping AGAIN to replace! No thanks!!!

"I ordered 3 plastic serving trays from webstaurant store because it was the only place I could find them in a small quantity. I was still required to buy 3 trays (minimum order) at $4.59 each... $13.77 for 3, and the shipping was $19.48. That's right, if you aren't a business, you pay through the nose for shipping. My items arrived in about a week, I opened the box to verify they were in there and set the box aside as I didn't need the trays right away. 2 weeks later I pull the trays out and see that they are smashed on the bottom side! For $19.48 shipping I would expect better packaging! They just placed the large plastic trays sideways in a box and put air cushions in there to fill the empty space. No cushioning around the edges where, when the box gets dropped, they could easily (and were!) be broken. So I contact the company only to find out they would generously offer me a store credit (because I was past the 5 days rule) but I'd have to pay for shipping again. Right, pay another $19.48 to possibly get more broken stuff. No thanks. I guess I'll find another way to make fruit trays. I was very dissatisfied, to say the least."

This review was modified by cathi22844 on March 16 2017 01:00:08 PM

2017-03-12

Good experience

"I came across this site while heading to their site to make another order. After reading all of the negative reviews, I felt the need to write my own review. I've made 3-4 rather large orders over the last couple of years. I've been quite pleased with every shipment, both quality and customer service. I suppose when people have a bad experience, they are more apt to make the effort to report it, understandably. However, I think there are far more good experiences that do not get reported. So, here is mine. Good quality, you cannot beat many of their prices, fast shipping, and great customer service."

This review was modified by mims125 on March 12 2017 05:30:01 PM

2017-03-06

Great supplier, best prices, prompt shipping

"No one asked for a review, just so tickled with the prices and service it demanded a positive comment.

I've had multiple orders with this company and the prices are the best I've found on the net for the products purchased. Quality has been superior and customer service was very accommodating. Product was well packed and promptly shipped from multiple warehouses.

You can't go wrong with this company, I'm extremely well pleased.

Phil Harwood

This review was modified by PhilHarwood on March 12 2017 05:25:01 PM

2017-02-18

Poor Sourcing and Shipping/Delivery Times

"My first order was simple. The products are manufactured in China. Some sort of shipper/manufacturing delay of over 30 days. However, WebRestaurant Store charged my card anyway. They say it's their policy. It shouldn't be, plain and simple. Don't charge until your supplier has the product and is ready to ship.

Now at about 60 days I have paid for all items and have nothing. One portion is to ship shortly, so they promise, but each e-mail I receive promises shipping shortly, then changes. Like dangling the carrot out there.

Horrible service and they charge you well in advance. Go elsewhere.

This review was modified by flyingshamrockranch on March 16 2017 12:59:45 PM

2017-02-17

Worst customer service I have ever seen.

"I had heard of online shopping horrors but never experienced it for myself till Webstaurant Store. Save yourself the pain, shop with a company that values you the customer. "

This review was modified by MilesGoodman on March 16 2017 01:00:15 PM

2017-02-16

STAY AWAY from WEBstaurantStore!

"Service is horrible. Have spent thousands of dollars with this company and the first time I have a problem with their product, which broke down on me 6 months after purchase, their specialist tells me my warranty is voided for using too much product even though in the manual it does not state the max capacity for the product I'm making. I feel scammed and will never shop with them again, and I will be sure to tell all fellow restaurant owners that I know or meet to stay away from WEBstaurantStore. They dont take care of their customers, starting with Katie Killough, one of their customer service agents. She was beyond horrible and didn't shy away from trying to blame everything on me. STAY AWAY PEOPLE! They will rip you off"

This review was modified by dfountalas1 on March 16 2017 01:01:26 PM

2017-02-06

5 Years of Great Service!

"I have purchased from Webstaurant for over 5 years now and am very satisfied! There prices are the best I can find on the market and the shipping is blazingly fast! There have been occasions when we have received items that are damaged and they have been quickly returned or replaced. We did have a problem with a Panasonic microwave that broke within 30 days and they were unwilling to return it and we had to go to Panasonic which was a serious runaround. Everyone did point at everyone else and in the end we fixed it ourselves as it was just a door latch but it would not function until we fixed it. All in all we are very happy and understand the difference between full service pricing and favorable internet pricing. They bridge that gap nicely! "

This review was modified by beanscafeandbakery on March 12 2017 05:26:38 PM

2017-02-01

Webstaurant store - 1 star

"Webstaurant store - 1 star
I dislike ever having to write a negative review - it makes me sad when I have to do so, however listen so you will learn from my mistakes. I purchased a suppose that high-quality scale from webstaurant for 285 dollars. When I first called them they made all these promises such as guaranteeing their product, giving me service even after I purchase, and making it an overall pleasurable experience to buy from them. This was a huge lie. The first problem was that it took way longer than it should have to ship to my house because they did not send it out in a reasonable time frame. The next problem I had with when I have received the scale at my facilities - any business knows that they should test a product to know if it works before inducting it into the business equipment, therefore we all know it is impossible to test an item without opening the box first - pretty obvious. So naturally we open the box to test the scale and we found that it's defective. We put the same item on the scale 30 times in a row and we got different weights every time up to an ounce and a half off. This is a major problem because that kind of in accuracy can lead to lawsuits and thousands of dollars or more and damages to a business selling goods that need weighing and packaging. We called webstaurant and they told us that they would not take the scale back or refund us because the item was used under their policy. Their company policy I quote from the person telling me on the phone is that if you open the box the item is used and you can no longer send it back. All businesses have to test their product before accepting it therefore we all have open the boxes and if it's broken we expect to be able to return it, however when we can't that's a major problem that we should not have to deal with. We called them repeatedly after that and they stopped answering their phones from our landline. I know this for a fact because we called with my personal cell phone and they picked up but soon enough they stopped answering that to that number too. Next we had a text chat with their online customer service they told us the same thing and verified the same company policy we heard earlier. So I had to call PayPal - I told them about my situation and they gave me a return address and guaranteed my refund as soon as webstaurant got the scale back. A week went by and then they receive the package - so PayPal forcefully took the situation in their hands and refunded my money. I am still working on getting my return shipping refunded as well. Situation cost my company valuable time, money, and production speed. I have been in business for many years and unfortunately this company ranks in the top three worst companies I have ever dealt with. The customer service was non-existent, disrespectful, and they did not care about the customer. In business the customer is number one so for webstaurant to ignore that crucial fact is a disgrace to small businesses. This is the reason consumers Buy from a selling platform such as Amazon instead of a small entreprenuer website - because they break the trust of the customers. Overall I do not recommend ever doing business with this company and I rate it one star for the above reasons. Readers- thank you for your time in this matter.

This review was modified by GregWeller on March 16 2017 01:00:49 PM

2017-02-01

They have managed to turn online convinience into huge inconvinience

"I bought food warmers for my Church's fellowship lunch. Its been two weeks now I am begging tgem to send my shipments. First off they said they emailed me ( which i didnt receice that so called email.) saying they want additional information to verify me sisnce i am a bew customer . I didnt know about that email until when i was trying to track my package and they told me they sent email..... requesting my utility bill, oh well i did send it to them, these people are not serious, sent it on Friday, up until now Wednesday morning, my order is still not processed . I gave up all i know is i will never buy frok them again. If you wnat your items to get to you later than two weeks after the day you placed an order then go with them but if you want faster service , these are not the guys. Very slow like really slow, they are not even ashamed to tell their customers that it takes 1-2 days to review documents you sent us, clearly their business doesnt care for customer time. Well , wasted my time hunting this order God knows when it will be shipped out, i placed an order on Tuesday Jan 25th, today Feb 1st order still pending. Thank you for the slow service you should hae warned us in your websites that items are to be shipped after two weeks and after numerous of follow up from customer's end. "

This review was modified by meemy on March 16 2017 01:01:25 PM

2017-01-30

Lacks Customer service

"Very disappointed with the service provided by your company.
Recently bought an Oreck Vacuum Cleaner online. Was not at all happy with its suction capacity. It is worse than one you can buy for $30. I paid close to $300 for the same product.
Instead of trying to make sure your customer are completely satisfied with the buy ,your customer service representatives suggested me to sell the product locally. Never plan on using you company again for any purchases in future ,rather go with Amazon.

This review was modified by kchowdhury10 on March 16 2017 01:01:13 PM

2017-01-18

Love this website

"Whether youre a small business or a very large booming business Websterant.com has everything you need and at a great price too. Shipping is fast. I usually get my order within the week. "

This review was modified by ashley_lorenzo on January 18 2017 09:30:03 AM

2017-01-12

Terrible store that takes your money

"I've been using you guys for awhile and have had minor issues here and there but recently have had more and more issues. Currently I'm still waiting to receive an order I placed on January 1st and when I contacted your customer service department via online chat. She basically told me it's my responsibility to find out where my order is not hers? Your customer service department was extremely rude! You guys took my money and 2 weeks later I have yet to see my products?? Terrible experience!"

This review was modified by Perez123 on March 16 2017 01:01:43 PM

2017-01-09

A Satisfied Skeptic

"I was cautious to purchase anything from this site due to the poor reviews, though I'm glad I took the chance because I couldn't be more satisfied with my order thus far. This is a Google trusted store. I do a lot of a online shopping, and being the frugal person that I am, I often come across "bargain" sites that may or may not be legitimate, so I'm a bit familiar with scam sites. So far I haven't ordered from any duds, and this site is no exception. I made a large order for wedding supplies...mostly disposable dining ware, cups, stirrers, even hot chocolate and sugar, as well as some baking/kitchen utensils. After placing the order, they'll provide you with an order number so that you can track its status. Because my order was so large, it had to be separated into several different shipments, which was listed with a shipping tracking number for each, and it will even list where your order is being shipped from (everything I ordered had been shipped from within the US). They'll also send general status updates to your email. I was surprised at how quickly the majority of my order arrived. Everything was well packed and in good condition. All items were accounted for and in perfect condition. I was impressed with the quality of everything, too. It's been just over a week now and I'm still waiting on the final pieces of my shipment, though according to the tracking number on the postal service's website, the delay is due to bad (icy) road conditions, so that's certainly not Webstaurant's fault. I'm in no rush, and I've already been so impressed with the speed of ground shipping for the other packages I've already received. I have 0 complaints about this company as of yet. I would certainly order from them again."

This review was modified by Tinoki on January 09 2017 08:59:01 PM

2016-12-30

Do not do business with these people!

"Purchased some shoes as a Xmas gift for someone 12/17/16. Asked for an RMA return to exchange for a slight shoe size modification THREE days after Xmas - needed the shoe a half size smaller. THEY REFUSED TO EXCHANGE THEM!!!!! Who does that!!!!! You cannot stay in business if you refuse to help people get what they want. You should not sell clothing of ANY kind if you refuse to accommodate sizing adjustments after the sale. These people are ridiculous!!!! Buyer beware!"

This review was modified by bluz1st on March 16 2017 01:02:39 PM

Share The WEBstaurant Store's store rating

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member
The WEBstaurant Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!