Stores > The WEBstaurant Store

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.15/10 3.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.88/10 2.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.53/10 1.53/10
Voice your opinion! Review The WEBstaurant Store by clicking a star below.
2017-04-24

Defective Product and Horrible "Customer Service"

"ordered an Oreck carpet sweeper, after charged for full 24 hours, suction is lousy and when lifting over door saddle all dirt and dust fell right out of the bottom. I called webstaurantstore.com customer service, waste of time.... told me I must call the manufacturer directly as they assume no responsibility for products and WILL NOT TAKE BACK. I call Oreck and was told I must bring to a service center (1 hour from my home) to see if they could fix it..... I chatted with a rep again at webstaurantstore.comand was told the same thing. absolutely terrible customer service. once they sell something that's it. you're on your own. "

2017-04-20

Shipping rip off.

"Their shipping costs are getting higher and higher. Now often 30% - 40% of the cost of the items. Checked with UPS and they verified that it was way over priced based on their rates. "

2017-04-14

goods recived, mashed box, mashed produ pkg - was a gift - Their response TOUGH!

"I ordered a knife for a gift, the product came mashed. contacted them and they responded that they are not responsible. I will never order anything more from this crappy spot.. AVOID. "

2017-04-13

Avoid WEBstaurant at all cost!

"I purchased a replacement part on WEBstaurant, relying on the dimensions posted on the website. But the product was not the same size as the dimensions from the website. When I complained they said that the dimensions on the website were "nominal" and that it was my fault that I relied on them. Because the replacement part would not fit, I wanted to return it, but they will charge a 30% restocking fee and I must pay shipping."

2017-04-12

Look elsewhere for your restaurant needs

"Avoid at all cost. This place is a toxic online store with zero support and a one way streak for the companies greedy needs. If they mess up your order? They dont give 2 cents. Its pretty much an oh well tough luck attitude. And as others mentioned they have the worst shippong methods and tactics ever. Both slow and expensive.

2017-04-07

Where is your phone number

"I have placed a few orders with this company. For the most part they sell what they advertise. A lot of the equipment is lower quality but the price is cheaper. The problem I have is if you have an issue either with shipping, fulfillment or other there is no phone number on invoice, receipts or easily displayed on website. "

2017-04-06

Deceptive shipping practices

"I paid for UPS Next Day for a time critical delivery.
This is often 2 to 3 times UPS Ground shipping.
They then shipped it UPS Ground.
UPS confirmed this with me.
That is, the order was shipped UPS Ground, not NEXT DAY.
(Essentially they skimmed and pocketed the money.)
After the better part of an an hour online and on the phone they finally offered to refund shipping difference.
But my time critical delivery and the business meeting it was intended for are sunk.

2017-04-04

Liars...Terrible Customer Service - Rip Offs

"Purchased a part for my Robot Coupe - the web page was deceiving and it was misleading. The blade did not fit my machine. Contacted customer service and they told me too bad. Send it back and there is a 20% restocking fee. I packed it up just as it was sent to me. I received an email a few days later saying that they received it, but it was used. It was never used. They lied. They then said they would put it on eBay for $100 less than I paid. NEVER will I ever do any business with them. Beware, because if you order the wrong part, you are stuck. "

2017-03-31

Misleading products and terrible customer service

"I ordered milk bottles for a wedding and the lids that came with it merely sit on top...provide no seal whatsoever. When you turn the bottle sideways, it fall off. If you blow on the lid, it falls off. When I emailed customer service to return, they said their website correctly described the lid as not fitting tightly....however, the website terminology only says it does not provide an air tight seal but otherwise is the "perfect" lid for these bottles. No reasonable person would guess this means it sits like a coaster on top of the bottles. In addition to wanting me to pay return shipping, they also want me to pay a restocking fee. "

2017-03-29

Deceptive Sales Practices

"This was partially my fault for not thoroughly reading the product description, hence the reason for two stars instead of one. I found them on google by searching "covered serving tray". The google shopping ad pictured a covered serving tray. The landing page also featured the same picture, of a covered serving tray containing pastries, with other detail pictures. So I ordered two. When I received them, they did not include the trays. I contacted customer service via chat, and their response was "sorry for the confusion, but you should have read the product description more thoroughly. They offered no further solution. In my opinion, a picture containing items not included in the sale should not be used as a main product picture. I think their selling practices are intentionally deceptive."

2017-03-29

Very Good!

"Ordered ARY Vacmaster Pro 350 on Monday morning and was using it Tuesday afternoon. That's faster than Amazon prime. Arrived double boxed and in great shape, worked perfect. "

2017-03-23

Order of cancer-busing plates

"I ordered a dozen glass salad plates and paid $55.00 When they arrived, they were plastic with a warning label that these plates have a cancer-causing ingredient. I packed them up and "chatted" to return them. They said with shipping costs and a 30% restocking fee I would get 16 dollars back, WHAT A 2RIP-OFF SHUT THEM DOWN"

2017-03-16

Items broke during shipping and I would have to pay for shipping AGAIN to replace! No thanks!!!

"I ordered 3 plastic serving trays from webstaurant store because it was the only place I could find them in a small quantity. I was still required to buy 3 trays (minimum order) at $4.59 each... $13.77 for 3, and the shipping was $19.48. That's right, if you aren't a business, you pay through the nose for shipping. My items arrived in about a week, I opened the box to verify they were in there and set the box aside as I didn't need the trays right away. 2 weeks later I pull the trays out and see that they are smashed on the bottom side! For $19.48 shipping I would expect better packaging! They just placed the large plastic trays sideways in a box and put air cushions in there to fill the empty space. No cushioning around the edges where, when the box gets dropped, they could easily (and were!) be broken. So I contact the company only to find out they would generously offer me a store credit (because I was past the 5 days rule) but I'd have to pay for shipping again. Right, pay another $19.48 to possibly get more broken stuff. No thanks. I guess I'll find another way to make fruit trays. I was very dissatisfied, to say the least."

2017-03-12

Good experience

"I came across this site while heading to their site to make another order. After reading all of the negative reviews, I felt the need to write my own review. I've made 3-4 rather large orders over the last couple of years. I've been quite pleased with every shipment, both quality and customer service. I suppose when people have a bad experience, they are more apt to make the effort to report it, understandably. However, I think there are far more good experiences that do not get reported. So, here is mine. Good quality, you cannot beat many of their prices, fast shipping, and great customer service."

2017-03-06

Great supplier, best prices, prompt shipping

"No one asked for a review, just so tickled with the prices and service it demanded a positive comment.

I've had multiple orders with this company and the prices are the best I've found on the net for the products purchased. Quality has been superior and customer service was very accommodating. Product was well packed and promptly shipped from multiple warehouses.

You can't go wrong with this company, I'm extremely well pleased.

Phil Harwood

Share The WEBstaurant Store's store rating

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member
The WEBstaurant Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!