Stores > ThredUP

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.38/10 1.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.95/10 1.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.65/10 2.65/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.17/10 2.17/10
Voice your opinion! Review ThredUP by clicking a star below.
2017-10-15

Designer suit not even credited!

"I sent a big bag of clothes, including a Carolina Herrera beautiful, worn only once, suit. I should NEVER have sent this suit but they advertised designer clothes. The original cost of this suit was over $3000 so I figured I would get at least $100-200. They took most of the other clothes and never even credited the suit! I wrote to them and never heard back. So disappointed and really felt that I was cheated by Thred Up.

Scam

"I sent them a HUGE bag of barely used and brand new clothes. Some even had tags. Lucky brand, Free People... and they gave me $30 for what I could have sold on ebay for a few hundred. Next time I won't be lazy and sell it myself. Live and learn. This company is a scam and robbing people of their profits."

THIS PLACE ****

"Don’t waste your time. All other reviews are right. "

2017-10-12

Don't bother

"I had a good experience with the first bag I sent in, I wished I had gotten more for some of the clothes but I earned more on a few designer bags I sent in so I was happy with it. However, the last two bags I've sent had like new Coach bags that they deemed "unacceptable" yet they accepted one bag that had stains on it, marked it that way and it sold. I don't believe the bags were "unacceptable" and "donated." By the time I realized this it was too late to get them back because I didn't ask for unaccepted items to be returned to me - that I would have had to pay for after paying to ship my bag to them! They've changed their fees, they now charge you to send in your clean out bag, I didn't pay that fee previously. So you have to pay to send in your items and pay to have anything returned to you that they deem unacceptable."

2017-10-10

Sent many bags for donation and for pay out and this is my experience...

"After sending a few bags for donation and a few for pay out, I realized how untrustworthy this company is. I am extremely aware of quality standards as a designer myself, and therefore I only send sellable items in the pay out bags, and less sellable items in the donation bags. The most recent bag I sent was worth HUNDREDS of dollars, and though I knew I would get less than I paid for these items, I did not expect to get less than $40 total! I cannot emphasize how insanely small that amount is in regards to what I sent. Additionally, items that were in excellent condition from stores like Express and Vineyard Vines, were not accepted. The company also does not tell you why your items are unaccepted, and I wouldn't be surprise if they are still somehow making money off of these items. I have no doubt that this company will start to have trouble when people get fed up with the payout they receive and no longer have things to sell. At the end of the day, if you want to donate items and do not care to get anything in return, they'll make it easy for that, but if you're selling your clothes because you need money, don't expect this company to do anything to help you."

2017-10-07

Very very very disappointed!!!!!!

"I would not recommend this website at all.
Especially if you are selling them clothes.
Plus, I sent a bunch of clothes and accessories and one purse.
And for the total of clothes that they accepted (worth at least $100, they give me only $12!!!)
I asked for the clean out bag back if they didn't want it.
And I am missing few of them!!!!
They didn't take time to put my clothes back in the bag, it seems like they just threw it back in there!!!!!!
I really should've read the reviews first.
We can't even talk to a customer service representative on the phone.
Worse experience ever!!!!!!

2017-10-05

Seller beware!!

"Just a warning, do not sell your items to this company. I personally sent two (2) huge bags packed full of great items. Name branded items jeans, skirts, shirts, heels, scarfs, etc. Brands ranging from Jcrew, American Eagle, White House black market, Lee, BKE, seven for mankind, etc. all items were washed before sendoff as they require and no items had any tears, stains or any defects.
Well they only pay you based on what they feel like I guess, on those two bags I only made $5.22 total!!!! Ridiculous! You are better off going to a local consignment shop and selling your stuff to them. I did that with my remaining clothes I had and they paid me $120.00. So if you don’t want to get ripped off by these people sell your stuff elsewhere!

2017-10-04

DON’T DO IT!!!

"Seriously if you wanna make ANY kind of money sell it at a local consignment......NOT HERE!! I sent in a bag with more than 20 clothing items (nice clothing)....I got $4. They sold my Eddie Bauer’s skirt for $11.99 and gave me $.50 cents of it....seriously that’s ****!!! SUPPORT LOCAL!!"

2017-10-03

Scam

"They take your items and "consider" them only to donate them. The worst of it is that that CHARGE you to send your items back, like seriously? thats why I consider it a scam. At the least if they don't accept your items they should send them back to you LIKE EVERY OTHER STORE instead you have TO PAY to get your items you want to sell back. Their customer service is ridiculously unhelpful, ignorant, and rude. They're not anywhere where I would sell/shop again."

2017-10-01

Don't Do It

"I sent in a large bag of brand name clothing, some still with tags on them. I think that I got about $12. for the bag. From things I had read, I expected at least $50, if not more. Sell them at a local consignment store or donate them instead. "

2017-10-01

I learned a big lesson!

"I once sold my items to thredUP and would receive $150/$300 a bag. The last three bags, with the same brands, some new with tags, that I have always sent have been awful. I have netted less then $15 a bag that was stuffed to the brim. I read on their site that they take photos of why your items were rejected and send you a file. I have never received an email file of why you have rejected my brand name and new with tags items. Very disappointed and would not recommend. "

2017-09-30

Thread Up wins, You lose

" The only positive thing I can say is that you are sent a bag to fill with your unwanted clothing and shoes, and return it all expenses on them. Their items, though in fairly good condition, are very pricey. I found I got nothing in return for quality items I sent to them. If you’re looking for a bargain, go to your local thrift store. Or better yet check department store clearance sales, use coupons and buy brand new unused items for far less than Thread Up sells their’s. I would never recommend Threadup to anybody . As a mother of four, I have been bargain shopping for nearly 40 years I know a thing or two about finding good deals. Thread Up is not one of them."

2017-09-28

The worst

"This site takes an incredibly high cut, along with being shady about paying out. Additionally, it took them over 2 months just to go through my bag. I regret the time that I ever put into consigning with them. Recently, one of my items sold for $18 and they gave me .55. I feel scammed. Just stay far away. "

2017-09-27

Thred up Scams it's sellers and makes a huge profit. DO NOT BUY OR SELL TO THEM.

"I had purchased from their website several times without issue and decided to send my designer clothes in. I must have had over $200 worth of clothing and was given $18 for it. I also was not given a choice to get my clothes back to cancel the process. They scammed me out of hundreds of dollars of clothes and sold them fora huge profit. They treat their resellers like sweatshop workers! DO NOT BUY OR SELL. lawsuit anyone??"

2017-09-23

Love these guys

"I am not someone that would normally resell my clothes. I would donate them. This site allows me to get some money for the clothes I no longer want. And I can just drop it in the mail. It's. so. easy. And I've shopped with them many, many, many time. Returns take a while (my only complaint but I can deal with that) but they're easy too. I've gotten so really great clothes. And yes, this is a store and yes, they are making a profit off what you've sold them. That's what stores do. "

Share ThredUP's store rating

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!