Stores > ThredUP

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.07/10 2.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.53/10 1.53/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.86/10 0.86/10
Voice your opinion! Review ThredUP by clicking a star below.
2017-03-24

Beans for beauties

"I was a loyal buyer on Thred up. I decided to send a bag (had to pay $10.00 to send it per their policy). I was expecting maybe $10.00 on my bag of new goods. Not really big expectations since I read the reviews on reselling on the site. What I got was an insult. They took my items and gave me pennies for my loot. What a waste of time and resources. And if you want your unsold items returned to you, it's another $10.00. Ridiculous! I can drive up the street to my choice of three consignment stores in my area and get triple if not more (if you account for shipping and more shipping) for my unused items. Completely disappointed, almost angry that I wasted my time like this. "

2017-03-23

Sellers can do much better than this

"Sorry, I wanted to like your site. Have bought a few items from you and was not disappointed. But as a seller, ThredUp is more than disappointing. Sellers can do much much better by taking their items to their own local community resale and consignment shops. Example: they took an item for consignment, posted it at 12.99, and when it sold, my return was less than 1.00 - pennies! Then, if you want to cash out, that's when they charge you for shipping and handling! I'm done with ThredUP. And for those who are considering using it, don't! Use your time wisely, get much better return on your clothes, and then donate to the charity of YOUR choice!"

2017-03-21

Do NOT send your items here!!

"I sent them a clean out bag containing mostly new/never worn clothing and shoes, including a $150 pair of designer Donald J Pliner wedges and $100 Aldo boots........my payout is $6. I feel ripped off...I wish I never sent them my stuff or sold them myself :'( It also took WAY too long to process the bag, it was processed weeks past the estimated date. NEVER AGAIN!!"

2017-03-20

What a SCAM site

"I had sent in a bags full of brand names clothes in great condition but they only accepted 4 pieces of clothing. After the fees I earn nothing while they listed my clothes that worth over $40+. Don't do business with the and sell your own clothes from eBay, Mercari, Poshmark to make your clothes worth more money. Thredup is a riffs off place they just take your clothes and make a lot of money while you make a $1 something a piece."

2017-03-17

Horrible service and misrepresentation of items

"Not only did I purchase what was CLEARLY not a genuine leather bag but I also made the mistake of sending a bunch of my brand new, unused items to them to sell. $14 measly dollars later, I just saw they sold most of my 10 items for around $30 a piece. Great. They also listed a cheap bag I bought at Target as "genuine leather. " ThredUp ****. Don't be fooled. You're better off shopping on eBay."

2017-03-14

Vary bad

"It was so promising at the beginning. My bags arrived quickly and I though they will take all of my clothing especially that all were designer, once or never worn, most had tags on them. They also current style. It seems so easy to just put all my stuff to the bag and send it at once. Turned out that out of 50 items they only took 5 and if I wanted my clothes back I had to pay for them- wtf?! The processing took forever - once they took 3 months. For all the clothes and shoes I sent them (10 full bags - I had hard time closing them) they only gave me $132 and they didn't take all of the clothes - as they say. In order to get all my other clothes back that they supposedly didn't take I would have to pay around $12/bag so that means that I wouldn't even earn anything. Now they charge for bag so if you want to send something they will charge you $9.99 - this is a joke. I would rather give my clothes away to somebody or donate it or sell it by myself. If I could I would open a better service for all of us to sell our clothes. Oh and I thought that the pay out will be in for of a check and not Visa gift card or you can use pay pall but they will charge you 2% so again less money for you!!!!! SO DONE WITH THREDUP!!!!!!!"

2017-03-13

Turtle Speed

"When I first discovered thredup it was great! My bags would arrive quickly, they would process it fairly quickly and my payout was good. I was hooked! I told lots of friends about thredup and they started using it too!

However the service has declined immensely. It takes months to receive a clean out bag (or your put on a wait list... seriously). When my bags arrive they take over a month process them. They process by date is always wrong. They said my current bag would be processed a week ago and I am still waiting. My payouts have declined greatly bag bags were bringing in $50ish bucks and my last two I have walked away with a few bucks. The clothes I send are all designer clothing a lot still with tags. It seems like a lot of my good clothing is turned away and it is confusing to me cause isn't that what they want. There website is full of old navy clothing which does not seem to be up to par.

I won't be using thred up again. It's a joke! Better off saving my time and energy and just donate my clothes or bring them to a local resell.

2017-03-10

Run the other way

"Would not recommend. Of the 4 items I sent they accepted 10. I received nothing I may receive 14 eventually. They are charging 125.00 for the 10 items. What a ripmoff. i expected more than 10% of what they will sell it for. "

2017-03-10

DO NOT SHOP AT THREDUP

"DO NOT SHOP AT THRED UP This company DISCRIMINATES THEY BLOCKED OUR ACCOUNT AND give TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE What a prejudice horrible company. AWEFUL They do not treat customers well AT ALL. BAD!!! VERY BAD COMPANY!!!"

2017-03-08

Stay Away

"I sent a bag with 2 brand new gowns with tags,2 pairs of pumps and 2 pairs of boots. When it was listed after inventory only 1 pair of pumps were there. After several live chats and emails I was told they couldn't tell the **** of the gowns, 1 pair of boots were faded and no mention of the rest of the items which apparently were lost. The gowns were thrown out--shoes missing. This place is a disaster. Never again Stay away "

2017-03-03

Dont' use Thread up! Terrible Company

"Never will I ever use this company. I read how wonderful they are on their advertisement and shipped by new and nearly new clothes to them. They paid a few dollars for my new clothes but hiked the price by 5 x on their website for re-sale. I also paid return assurance for my unsold clothes bag to be mailed out to me 3 months ago. So far I haven't received my bag despite paying $12.99. When I contacted Holly Ann at Thread up they very sweetly apologized that they mailed it out to a WRONG address! Again I updated my address with them. Again they mailed it to a WRONG address. I don't think I will ever see my clothes again. I could have donated them to charity to save this hassle instead of this rogue company."

2017-03-01

Terrible

"ThredUp is a terrible place to trade in items. My first bag they took a lot of items, I think to get me in the door as a seller. The next they took barely anything - including a few very nice pieces, a blazer I had actually recently work to work (so obviously not in bad shape) and a jacket I had only worn a few times. When I asked for items back because I didn't opt for the return option (which they charge a really high amount for!) they refused! SO beware - they will take a lot at first to get you in the door and then nothing. I find other online and brick and mortar resellers to be far easier to work with (and at least give you the option to have your pieces back without having to pay for them!). Also they will take 6-8 weeks to process your bag. "

2017-02-24

Not worth it

"The first time I used ThredUP I thought it was an OK deal. It was very little effort on my part. I filled the bag with clothes cluttering up my closet at received about $75 for the bag. Not great for the amount of clothes in the bag, but not bad for the little effort I had to put into the sale. The last time however, I filled the bag to the brim with similar items as I did the first time (not "the best" brands but brands such as Caslon, Halogen, Gap, Express, J Crew, Victoria's Secret, etc. All in good condition and some with tags) They accepted 27 items from by of the previously listed brands bag and I got $33. Also, they didn't accept items of brands like Micheal Stars or Splendid which I would think are more desirable. Altogether I will definitely either donate to a local charity or sell myself on ebay/tradesy from now on. I could probably take the same amount of items, donate half to a local church, and still make the same amount of money off of the other half."

2017-02-22

Sleezy sales tactics for pilled, faded and very worn clothing

"Forced me to attach amazon or fb account to even view the site - then STOLE my email provided through amazon (& who knows what else) to starting spamming me with email advertisements. Two in just one day. Finally get to the site and found overpriced clothing for the condition they are in. I'll stick with my local thrift shops."

2017-02-17

They LOST my return items!!!!

"I paid for the 'Return Assurance' - meaning they would send back any items that they chose not to keep. Well, after waiting a couple of months, I contacted them and was told, "oops". They lost 10 items! Then, they told me they gave me a crappy $65 for those lost items. Really???? $6.50 per item???? I'm hoping to speak with a supervisor soon - this is not acceptable!"

Share ThredUP's store rating

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!