Stores > ThredUP

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.93/10 0.93/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.55/10 1.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review ThredUP by clicking a star below.
2017-04-13

Broken return process, terrible customer service

"I was impressed with thredUP's selection and bought several items from them. After trying everything on, I decided to return one item. There are several options for returning item, and I chose the one that would give me a full refund — but I had to pay $8.99 for a pre-paid shipping label.

The label was never sent to my email. I followed up with customer service, and they sent me an image of the return label. Unfortunately, the image was low resolution and was slightly blurry. The shipper couldn't use it. So I requested another shipping label, explaining that it needed to be an original, unscaled version.

They sent me an image again.

I contacted customer service again (third time now), and I didn't hear back within 24 hours. thredUP puts a time limit on your returns (1 week), and thanks to their poor handling of the shipping label, I was now out of time.

Terrible, time-consuming experience. I won't be using them again.

2017-04-13

ThredUp is Stealing Your Clothes

"I sent two heavily-stuffed bags to ThredUp. One was accidently marked for "donation" which I was able to stop. The other I waited 5 weeks before they processed it, and when they finally got to it, I was given a grand total of $2.00 for 8 items that were accepted. I guess they thought I would forget what I had sent. I took photographs of everything before I placed them in the bags. RIP OFF. There customer service department is really hidden within the website and not easy to access. I was driven by anger and finally found a Live Chat person who proceeded to quote the company's polices to me.... She only credited me for the ridiculous $9.99 shipping and handling fee they charged. She also slightly admitted that they may not have given me my full allotment for the clothes they did accept. THIS WEBSITE IS STEALING YOUR CLOTHES and selling them for a high profit. When they donate you get no receipt. DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME. DO NOT JUST GIVE YOUR CLOTHES AWAY FOR FREE TO THIS RIP OFF, LYING, UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY. THEY DO NOT PAY YOU WHAT YOUR ITEMS ARE WORTH. DO NOT SELL TO THREDUP. "

2017-04-09

suspicious

"ThredUP started out pretty well, but they have really changed. I think I, and many others are becoming suspicious about their practices. I sent in thousands of dollars worth of clothes and shoes, and they claimed to have only kept several pieces. The clothes and shoes were in fine shape, but they claimed they were not good enough. I'm beginning to wonder if these people have a warehouse they are selling out of or employees who take your things home! ThredUP has become a company that no one trusts. "

2017-04-05

Worst Selling Site EVER!

"So like most ppl, I got ripped off. 15 pieces fine clothes, they market $58-$98 and give back only $12, and it’s store credit. What’s more disgusting, I sent over 2 exact same dresses, one red, one black. They listed only the red and told me they “recycled” the black. Why? I have no idea where the black went and would never know. "

2017-04-05

rip off!!

"i sent my clean out bag with plenty of clothes. they accepted five items upfront and gave me a total of $2.45 for five items, crazy how one item they are selling for 9 dollars and paid me less than $3 for all items. lmao it seems funny but its not. They accepted consignment items as well which will cover the shipping and handling and return assurance. it was such a waste of time and items for me. i could have just kept all of it. ( i dont need their $2.45) booooooooooo! once i get all my items back, im closing my account and never again!! "

2017-04-03

ThredUp is a RIP-OFF

"I was initially impressed with ThredUp - no charge for the bag, quick processing and fair $ amount offered for what I sent. Now it is the complete opposite. The last bag I sent in contained about 8 items - including shoes, coats and brand new items with tags. I was paid just over $12 for all of it - subtract the processing fee I essentially made nothing. Kicker is that ThredUp charged close to $100 for all of it - nice profit for them - totally not worth it for me. I'm waiting for my final bag to be processed (which now takes around a month...) and will be cashing out my account and saying goodbye. "

2017-04-01

Wrong Sizing

"Purchased a nice dress for $25. The chest measurements on the sales page were TEN INCHES larger than the actual dress. Naturally, I'd have to spend another $10 to return for refund. I won't do that again. "

2017-04-01

Love this site!!

"I received my first bag from ThredUp yesterday and I couldn't be happier! The employees at ThredUp truly go above and beyond to make sure that they only resell items of the highest quality, and it shows when you get your items in the mail! I purchased 8 items from ThredUp and with my new customer coupon, I ended up paying $80 for clothing from J.Crew, Banana Republic, and Ann Taylor Loft. You cannot beat the prices on this site!!"

2017-03-31

Don't Use!

"I'm not sure I've ever written a review about my experience with a company but I feel the need to warn you about this site. I sent in many high-quality items and after being charged $7 for the bag and $10 for "return assurance," I made $2. You will make much more money at your local consignment shop and you will find much better prices for items. I wish I looked at Thred Up reviews before I sent in my own clothing - I never would have sent my items here. "

2017-03-30

Total Rip-off

"Someone should seriously investigate the business practices of this place. I sent in hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise and received $35.00, only $25.00 after the $10.00 they charged me to process the items. You want them to send your items back, even more money. Not to mention, they take over a month after receiving your bag to actually process it. Do yourself a favor go somewhere else or, just donate the items for a tax write off. "

2017-03-30

Basically steel everything you send to them

"I will only use Swap.com to resell going forward. I sent them about 40 items and they gave me $22, less shipping I made just under $8!!! Everything was in great condition and all name brands! Even included Express dress pants and blazers, dresses and Gymboree and Gap kids clothing and a puffer coat!!! Total rip off!!!! "

2017-03-29

Abysmal!!

"They don't have customer serivice or an 800 number, so if you have a problem with an order you will never hear back and if you do it won't be until long after the items you were interested in in the first place are gone!!! Terrible!! I can't say it enough! I wouldn't touch them again with a 10 foot pole!! Not surprised about all negative reviews, but am am a bit surprised they don't give a damn!"

2017-03-27

WORST

"I have sent three large bags of women's clothes, baby clothes, toddler, and men's clothes and have disappointed each time they process my bag. I tried them out 3 times to see if it would get better and it got worse every time. This company is a JOKE!!! I regret ever selling or ( giving my clothes away for free) to this company. I would have rather donated the clothes to goodwill, but was hoping to make some decent money and re-use on their site for boys clothing for my son.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. I cant believe they are still a running operation.

2017-03-26

Horrified

"I have a six month old baby. A ton of clothes (brand NEW, brand NAME) given to us were for the wrong season. I had a winter baby and was gifted all these beautiful summer infant clothes. And babies grow faster than they wear most clothes. Long story short, tags were removed for the first initial wash before a baby wears clothes. But my girl didn't wear any of these clothes. I sent OVER 100 ITEMS of beautiful brand name clothes never worn!! AND I MADE $00!!!! They said I made $5.00 but after the shipping fee of 9.99 I'll legit get nothing. I'm sick just thinking about this!!!! All of those clothes gone! Wasted! There's no logical reason to turn them away! I didn't expect them all to be accepted because I felt that was a pipe dream but they only accepted like 5? No. What a scam!"

2017-03-25

Horrible!!!!!

"Terrible. The worst. Never use again. Never recommend "

Share ThredUP's store rating

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!