Stores > Zavvi

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Zavvi by clicking a star below.
2017-10-05

Embarrassingly Poor

"So poor, they dangle items in front of you, take orders, make all sorts of promises, but take WEEKS to deliver goods, if they deliver at all. Last order of mine made on Sept. 5th, still not received a month later.

And when I say last order, I MEAN last order.

Customer support is just full of auto-responses and meaningless platitudes that really just translate as 'we'll send it when we send it'.

Embarrassingly poor for a company trading in a global, online, Amazon Prime-led marketplace.

Strongly recommend people to not waste their time and effort, just to be disappointed.

2017-07-31

wrong item sent out twice

"i ordered a cardboard cutout from zavvi and i received the wrong item a cheaper item so returned it they then sent exactly the same item out again avoid this company at all cost "

Texas
2017-05-14

BEWARE OF SELLER!!!!

"I ordered two retro phones from Zavvi and both arrived water damaged, and despite having photographic proof that the local post had damaged the phones in transit Zavvi expected me to pay return shipping before they would agree to replace them. Living in the United States return shipping was way too expensive, and Zavvi refused send me replacement phones. I'm out the purchase price and shipping of two phones I ordered from them. I'm never buying from Zavvi again. I wish I'd seen all the bad reviews, I would have NEVER purchased from them. I blame Google for not posting these for me to see when purchasing off a search result from them."

2017-05-03

Great prices and shipping on movies from across the pond

"tl;dr I've made 4 orders with Zavvi over the last 3.5 months, all for movies on region-free Blu-ray for ~$10 each including shipping and currency conversion and received before the estimated delivery date.

Bought 6 region-free Marvel Blu-ray movies on sale for approximately $10/movie (versus $20-25), including exchange rate (GBP to USD by PayPal) and international shipping (USPS delivery), and received them across the Atlantic a day prior to Zavvi's estimate (on May 2 instead of May 3-4; exactly 2 weeks from order date).

Bought 2 more region-free Marvel Blu-ray movies for same price, but this time arrived two days prior to Zavvi's estimated date (May 8 vs May 10-11; and if USPS delivered on Sundays I might have received it on the 7th).

Bought another 4 region-free Blu-rays (3 Disney and 1 double-feature) for just under $10 a piece on sale including shipping and currency conversion. Order placed after-hours on 7/12 and 3 arrived on 7/18 with a straggler showing up on 7/19. Overseas shipping in a week? Awesome! Only negative: one of the Blu-ray cases had a small crack on one of its corners (still intact, but cracked) presumably because the movies were shipped in individual padded envelopes (where previous shipments were boxed all-together).

I contacted customer service about the cracked Blu-ray case with pictures about 6:30 PM British time and within minutes they replied offering a refund based on a percentage of the damaged product's price. I'm declining the refund because the quick response and mere offer is satisfaction enough.

I bought an on-sale box set on August 2 which was two-thirds the price of Amazon ($40 vs $60), including shipping and currency conversion. After not receiving the dispatch notice after a day or two, which is unusual based on my 3 previous orders, I reviewed the status of my order online and it was "on order" (or something like that; can't remember the exact wording). Reviewing my order notice, previously received by email, I realized it said "Usually despatched within 3 working days" (yes, misspelling and all) where all my previous orders said "In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours". I figured it was "in stock" because Zavvi said "BUY NOW" and not "SOLD OUT" on the website when I ordered; my mistake. The order was dispatched a week later on August 9 and received on August 21, 2 days prior to the estimated delivery date range, wrapped in a cardboard book mailer and in perfect shape. I would have given 4 stars for this single order because of the confusion, but 5 stars overall.

DISCLAIMER: This review is only for the "www" zavvi subdomain, not the "us" one which is for the US website and has limited product selection, appears to ship from state-side, and presumably other differences.

2017-03-23

No Savvy at Zavvi

"i returned a faulty tablet in January and after over 100 emails still awaiting refund, numerous excuses and empty promises always stating it will be refunded within 3-5 days but it does not happen, then another excuse another email 3-5 days and yep again it doesn't happen and the loop goes on, i sent recorded letters still no response, sadly this is a British Company who can learn much from the Chinese and american companies about customer satisfaction, one email from zavvi actually said "we have not given you are world class service we are known for" they want to look online at their reveiws and see just how crap they really are. i buy almost every day from Amazon, Groupon, Aliexpress, Banggood ,Ebay etc but the first and last on zavvi. Their policy is to keep messing you about until you give up, their customer relations manager is a non entity and the company should be closed down. "

2017-03-23

Rubbish service

"I received a damaged item from Zavvi (Third time in two orders). After being sent a returns label that didn't work, I had to pay the return postage myself. I contacted Zavvi, who told me that there is nothing they can do. This company frequently sends damaged goods, and then makes you pay the return postage. Avoid at all costs."

2017-03-05

Avoid at all costs - Sent broken product and don't take returns

"zavvi.com Sent a copy of Finding Dory that doesn't play in American DVD players. After trying the DVD in several players they would not allow us to return because it was now opened.

Kids are heartbroken about their useless Christmas present thanks to Zavvi.com Sent several requests for a return but was rejected by auto reply. They didn't even bother to personally respond to this issue.

Please shop on Amazon or any other site that stands behind their products.

2017-01-18

They should stop selling outside the UK...

"...and even that will still yield **** service. Ordered steelbook. Estimated delivery SHOWN is 1/13/17 so I waited. Email shows estimated delivery by today, the 18th. Still waiting. Contacted Zavvi, yet another **** response with unusable information. They simply state "it could take up to 30 days for delivery, if not there by February 2nd, let us know"

NO WHERE on there site shows 30 delivery! I simply asked what's preventing them from just arbitrarily saying "keep waiting for a couple more months, it'll eventually get there". Really no different than pulling "30 days" out of your ****.

This company has such a great site and product line but what's a product without service????

They should just stop shipping outside the U.K. and call it a day. At least people won't get their hopes up.

2017-01-18

Terrible company

"Do not do business with Zavvi. They have the worst customer service, often orders arrive wrong or damaged and they don't want to know. They recently did an offer where if you subscribed to their "zbox" monthly service you could receive two past mystery boxes for free. What I received were two identical boxes with all the same items in them and some were damaged. Customer services refused to respond at all. I've had other problems in the past with this dodgy little company and I would strongly recommend everyone avoids them."

2017-01-10

Sent me Wrong Item.

"I was sent the wrong item, the return process has taken over a month, they refused to cover shipping costs, and then deleted my account from their website after I was forced to get paypal involved."

2016-12-29

Worst Company & Customer Service

"First time last time customer. Ordered 4 blu rays on November 26 as Christmas gifts. 3 arrived all individually on separate days, one past the estimated delivery time. When I complained about the 4th item, I was told I needed to wait 30 days until December 27th. On the 27th it still had not arrived so I contacted customer service again and was told I needed to wait an additional 3 days until December 30th. Are you kidding me?! That's your solution...for me to just continue to wait? 30 days have passed!!! That's not proper customer service. And what kind of company ships four blu rays individually that were all purchased at the same time? That is just bad business both from a cost perspective for the company and for me as the customer. The absolute worst experience I have ever had buying a blu ray and I buy tons. Never a problem with Amazon UK or Germany when buying overseas. And when customers make purchases on Black Friday that are intended for Christmas, you as the merchant have an OBLIGATION to ensure it gets delivered in time for Christmas! Totally unacceptable. Get your act together Zavvi and get me my order!

December 29th: Zavvi tells me to upload 'Non-Receipt of Goods' disclaimer form which will NOT upload. I tried in several different file formats over a dozen times and it WILL NOT UPLOAD! Why as the CUSTOMER do I HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO GET AN ITEM I PAID FOR!!!! IT"S YOUR JOB AS CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FIX MY PROBLEM AND MAKE ME SATISFIED. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2016-12-21

Bait and Switch Scam!

"I purchased 2 Cyber Monday specials that were deducted from my bank account the following day and never arrived. I have written customer service daily with no results and have asked them to call me which they refuse to do. I can't find their phone number to save my life-RED FLAG!!!!!! I had to dispute the charges with my bank and run out at the last minute to purchase new Christmas gifts and ship them to Florida before the 12/20/16 deadline for delivery by Friday 12/23. Thanks for the extra holiday stress Zavvi-YOU ****!!!!!!!!!"

2016-12-21

Do not use Zavvi! Ever!

"Worst company of all time. How they trade and survive is beyond me. The 5 star reviews must all be spurious?

Ordered a £300 item 3 weeks ago, nothing received.

They dont even read your messages.

No way of contacting them other than a very primitive messaging system that you access via your account, it is a horrible experience.

They have no email

Their live chat system never works

No phone numbers for them.

Still waiting for a refund for goods that were never received.

Do yourself a favour, use an alternative retailer, they are not worth the risk.

Read other peoples reviews!!!!

2016-12-04

Do not buy from zavvi if you expect to get your packages within 30 days or even ever.

"I ordered nba 2k17 to California, first off they said they processed my order a day after I ordered it, but it did not leave their warehouse until 5 days later. Now my order still has not arrived and is two weeks late and they just say they dont have any track of it and won't do anything until it is three weeks late. DO NOT BUY FROM ZAVVI IF YOU WANT SOMETHING BY CHRISTMAS... OR EVEN EASTER."

2016-11-25

No, Just don't!

"Hi All,

I was checking the deals during Black Friday and I purchased a PS 4 PRO + PS VR bundle from zavvi.com. The promised dispatch date was 28/11/2016. I spent almost £700 for it.

I read all the bad comments but I thought "Hey, I'll be fine!". Nope, of course not. That was naive of me.

I got a message from zavvi.com saying

"I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. This item is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock."
The translation: "Hey, sorry but we can't deliver the goods on the promised date. Ah also we don't know when we'll be available to deliver it. No compensation, no elegancy and offering the money back. We'll just stick to your money until you cry about it."

I am in line of contracting and I'd feel really embarrassed if I took someone's £700 and promise to deliver a job then act dodgy but not these guys obviously.

Thanks to these guys I am missing Black Friday because they answer messages like in 5 hours and I also spent £700 for this so I need the cash back in order to buy a new one...

I strongly recommend you to buy stuff from reliable sites, the stress and all the pain they cause. Just not worth it...

Share Zavvi's store rating

Zavvi is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Zavvi is not a merchant member
Zavvi does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!