Stores > Cycle Gear, Almeda, TX

• Cycle Gear, Alm Cycle Gear, Almeda, TX Elite Status

• Address: 10900 Gulf Freeway

2017-02-21

Misleading Salesman

"I went in to buy a Bilt Bluetooth/Helmet combo. The salesman proceeded to upsell, like any good salesman would, by telling me all of the advantages of buyin the Sidicci helmet and adding an aftermarket Sena Bluetooth to it. After asking many different questions, because the price differece was close to $200 to buy the items separate, I finally bought the items separate. One of the key features described was that the model was waterproof. I passed on the protection plan because I have had salesman mislead me in the past and then later find out that the plan doesn't cover everything it was said to. Two weeks after purchase the first rain storm came. Believing that my product was waterproof, I rode to class in the rain. The product IS NOT WATERPROOF. I immediately take it back to the store and speak to the manager. He again assures me that the product is waterproof but because I didn't buy the protection plan it can't be returned. So after we argue back and forth he then tells me that the product is not waterproof, only water resistant. I explain that I was pushed into buying this product instead of the Bilt with one of the selling points being it was waterproof. The manager first tried to accuse me of breaking the item, then stated that he "can't control what the salesman said, but the product isn't waterproof" and he couldn't do anything for me. At this point I have gotten mad. I was passive aggressively accused of breaking the item, then basically told that the salesman can say whatever they want to get a sale. If you sell me a waterproof item and it isn't waterproof then you should be responsible for replacing it regardless if I bought the service plan or not. At this point I am unsure if Sena will replace it either because they are saying that it is water resistant, not waterproof. I guess none of that matters to the store off of Almeda though because they already have my $400 in their pockets. I was taken advantage of and now have a Bluetooth that worked for 2 weeks.

If they would have simply informed me that the product was not waterproof instead of just trying to make a sell then I may have still bought it. The difference is I wouldn't have rode in a rain storm with it on. I place full responsibility of this on the people working at cycle gear who took my money, and especially on the manager that reinforced the claim that the product was waterproof, then at the end of the conversation after I got irritated told me that "nothing is technically waterproof" and he can't help what the salesman who sold the unit told me.

I will never shop at a cycle gear again. I honesty wish I could return everything I've ever bought from there. People who do business like that need to be expoased.

The invoice # for this is for the time that I was trying to get the unit replaced, not the original purchase of the Sena unit. I bought a jacket and gloves while I was waiting for the manager to tell me that he pretty much didn't care that I was lied to.

This review was modified by rfelch-91922 on February 23 2017 12:15:02 PM

2017-02-12

"It was alright. Not a lot of help but then again it was first thing in the morning. Lots to choose from between dirt and street bikes"

This review was modified by tacoma3890 on February 14 2017 07:15:02 AM

2017-01-03

Purchased helmets.

"The sales associate was extremely helpful in sizing helmets for my kids. "

2016-12-30

Best motorcycle gear shopping experience.

"Great people greeted my family when we walked in. Came over and knew exactly what I was looking for. Left me with the jackets for us to look at and came by to see if we had questions. Very helpful in offering to order if they did not have my size. Turned out that a similar jacket that was in stock was a better choice. Fit great. This is why I would never buy online. Stores like this are a must and great people excited to be working there made it even better. The gentlemen also let me know about the tire's that they can sell and install at a great price. I will be back for this soon. "

2016-12-23

All the right stuff!!

"Great selection of apparel, helmets and accessories. Staff was very nice and helpful."

2016-12-05

Very friendly staff

"Every time I've gone to this location, I've been greeted by every staff member. Every one of them is helpful, especially Loni. They're willing to go out of their way to make sure I get the parts I need, such as going outside and looking at my bike to make sure everything fits. They don't always try to sell me the most expensive apparel and parts if there's a cheaper option of similar quality, which says a lot about how much they value their customers. I live on the north side of Houston and it's worth the hour long ride."

2016-11-29

Good reps

"Great people very pleasssed"

2016-11-22

Very Helpful

"Frankie was very helpful and informative. I got exactly what I needed and all my questions answered. He even put my helmet visor on and cleaned it up for me. I had a wonderful experience. "

2016-10-19

Awesome

"Every time I go in there the salesperson Lonnie is great always been very helpful"

2016-09-27

Not Bad...

"The Almeda location is Very Good at focusing primarily on customer service...everything else (inventory, product malfuntions, etc.) gets taken care of easily when the customer is priority."

2016-09-26

Highly recommend!

"Complete rookie related to Motorcycles & the staff was very helpful & treated us with respect."

2016-09-23

Great Purchase

"Got a great email deal on the product and the staff are always friendly and personable."

2016-09-23

Lonnie is awesome

"Lonnie goes above and beyond every time we have been in there and needed an item that wasn't in stock. He finds it and gets it there for us. Great select too.

Thanks for all your hard work
Rance

2016-09-19

Great service! Thanks Melissa and Looni

"Great service.
Awesome people there.

2016-09-19

"Very friendly and knowledgeable."

Share Cycle Gear, Almeda, TX's store rating

Cycle Gear, Almeda, TX is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cycle Gear, Almeda, TX is a merchant member
Cycle Gear, Almeda, TX participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,442 merchant members.