Stores > eBags

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
Voice your opinion! Review eBags by clicking a star below.
2017-07-20

Great bag/Timely delivery!

"Finally ordered a wheeled underseater tote I've been eyeing for a very long time. It fits the bill for my travel purposes and was delivered in a timely manner. I'm incredibly satisfied with my order!"

2017-07-20

ebags trade in trade up - more like send a bag and get nothing for it

"I saw a bag I wanted to buy, a little more than I could spend. I saw the advertised Trade in Trade up advert on their website, send a bag using a prepaid label and it goes to Goodwill, you get a coupon for $25.00 for ebags. GREAT!! right? sent in two excellent condition (never used) bags that I just didn't care for.....and I waited. and waited. First - you dont' get any real acknowledgement of your donation. If I had not written down the "transaction" number and made copies of the shipping labels (both of which vaporize after you do the transaction) I would have no proof it ever really happened. "someone" picked up the two bags from the Post office, and I have heard nothing ever since. I have reached out twice in the over-3-weeks since I sent the bags - and they tell me they have "no update" from whomever is supposed to do whatever....they keep putting me off saying they will "follow up with me" in 24-48 hours. I certainly get enough emails from ebags trying to get me to buy stuff...what the heck. When I complained they reminded me that the bag went to goodwill, some poor person who would otherwise not have a bag - I said I had NO PROBLEM with donating a bag; what I have a problem with is the come-on from ebags where they are probably getting a tax write-off for 'their' donations to goodwill at my expense. I have yet to hear what happened to the bags. seems like a scam to me, and now that I read all of the bad stories about shipping / returns / quality and otherwise, I will save my shipping labels as a tax writeoff and buy my bag elsewhere. Yours truly, an angry former customer.

2017-07-17

Awesome!!

"I would have given EBags a full five stars, but the shipping of my backpack took three extra days longer than it was supposed to!!! Also the colors are a little mixed up. I ordered a grey/red. But it came as a grey/pink. But I'm very excited about it because it matches my theme!! Thank you eBags!! "

2017-07-17

Shoddy merchandise and policy

"I purchased a FILA bag for diving. Found out that it was not large enough for my gear. Purchase was 6/6. Took the bag on a trip over July 4...zipper opened up. Thought maybe something had gotten caught. Took it on another trip 7/7 and same thing happened. Contacted E-bags. Sorry can't do anything for you!! But I can do something for them....not purchase from thenm!"

2017-07-08

Dishonest

"My wife bought 2 backpacks from Ebags and we checked to see if there was free returns and their website said there were. So, we placed the order and then my wife changed her mind. I tried to cancel the order, but their site said it was not able to be canceled and then it shipped the next day. We waited for it to get delivered and when it did we decided that we wanted to return them. I go back to Ebags' site to return their items and then I find out that they will charge me $5 per order to return if I want a refund. They gave the option to get ALL of my money back if I would settle for store credit. I did not want to do this so I bit the bullet and gave them $10 for free to get the remainder of my money back. Do not do business with this company because they are not upfront and honest."

2017-07-02

Awful customer service, won't let me cancel an order even though it's not yet shipped

"I wish I'd seen all the poor reviews before making a purchase from ebags. I placed an order and later reconsidered and contacted their customer service to try and cancel. Note that this order HAS NOT SHIPPED, and wouldn't be scheduled to ship for several days based on the processing time. Yet they still won't let me cancel it. They say they'll accept returns - meaning I'll have to pay return shipping and eat a restocking fee. The rep was giving me a story about how they can't cancel an order once it's been transmitted to the warehouse, which sounds like total B.S. At this point I'll be refusing any package they ship and will dispute the charge with the credit card company; and at least I have the customer "service" (I used that word loosely here) chat transcript to prove that cancellation was requested within reasonable time and refused. I won't order from ebags again, I won't let my friends/family make the mistake of doing so, and I advise all of you to avoid ebags also."

2017-06-17

E-Bags does not support US Troops and their families serving oberseas

"Tried to order a bag and the order was cancelled as I have an APO address. I was told that they have an exclusive contract with FEDEX and UPS and therefore cannot ship to APO addresses. Yet I am able to use other companies that use both FEDEX and UPS and the items change to USPS in New York or Chicago. I can order from the European side and pay about 1/3 more for the product. Not going to happen. Thanks for their support to US Troops - Not.

2017-06-08

Horrible

"I researched long & hard on line for the item I wanted. I ordered the luggage from eBags only to have problems from the get go. The discount coupon or code they promoted on the webpage did not work. After ordering, I contacted customer service & then said they would credit me the money. EBags charged my credit card the full amount. After 10 days I get an email that my order is cancelled. They cannot fill the order & this is after I received an order confirmation with a delivery date. The charge is still on my credit card without the discount. I now have to contact the CC company to dispute the charge. I'm done with eBags! I ordered a better piece of luggage thru Delsey Factory Outlet store at a much lower price than eBags. Save your time & avoid aggravation. Forget eBags!"

2017-06-01

Buyer Beware

"I recently purchased the crossbody complete bag. Very disappointed in the excess fabric, like I have never seen before, which is a steady annoyance as it is necessary to push excess out of the way to find item and zip it. It also takes away interior space in the bag! In addition, to this problem, the snap on the exterior pocket is very flimsy and opens whenever you put anything in or take anything out. Again, I have never had this issue with any other bag I have with a snap pocket. Not good.
One last and final straw, the excess wrinkled fabric, actually shows through the outside of the bag and it does not look nice at all.
If I could return, I would, but I cut and threw tags and invoice is also gone. So not a fan at all!!

2017-05-11

Dont be fooled by "easy returns" policy

"I purchased an eBags professional slimline back back. In their advertising, a video showed how them packing a laptop and other items, including a Bose 35 headset in the that non-crushable compartment. I have an ultrathin laptop, the bose headset, a mouse, and some files, and I had to crush the bag i order to close the zipper. Also, the back pack straps cut into the shoulders and are uncomfortable. I purchased from ebags because they advertised easy returns, and money back guarantee. The problem is that you have to read the fine print (which i didnt) if you cut the tags, you dont get a refund, if you return it within 30 days (which i did within 5 days) you get a refund minus a restocking fee. The only way to get 100% money back is to buy another bag from them. Not worth the trouble working with ebags. "

2017-03-27

Expectation met in good timing

"To the contrary of most reviews I read here I got excelent service for my order.

After completing my order on the 15th March I received the conformation email that it was received and that I would receive 2 more emails with tracking links and more info on my order. The next day on the 16th March I received a second email letting me know that my items were processed and delivered to the shipper and to expect a email with the tracking code.

On the 22nd March received my tracking code and shipment is due today on the 27th March. I find it reasonable since it's coming from out of the country and that weekends don't count for business days. I've seen wordst from within my own country to me.

Thanks Ebags, I will be back if needed.

2017-03-22

They cant explain their "Tax" charge

"Wanted to purchase a bag for oversea shipping (European) and was hit with a "tax" of 34%.
First they claimed it was "US Sales tax", then they Claimed it was European Sales Tax and no explanation they gave made any sense.
They are either ignorant about Sales Tax and keep the money or they are very **** at costumer support.
No, I dident make the purchase.

2017-02-16

Do Not Waste Your Time. Choose Amazon Prime!

"Otherwise, try ordering from the product manufacturer directly. Because I live in the Denver area, where eBags is based, I wanted to try it out. I used a 20% discount code for being a first-time customer in order to save a few dollars in comparison to Amazon Prime. The order was placed on 2/7/17 and arrived this afternoon. I could have picked up the order locally or it likely would have been here on 2/9 or 2/10 if I had ordered the item through Amazon Prime. Between 2/7 and today, I did not receive any of the text updates that I signed up for regarding my order, its status, and delivery exceptions. The eBags tracking system is terrible in comparison to Amazon's and carriers like UPS, FedEx, or even the USPS. While I fully understand eBag's drop ship business model, it is evident that the process should be more streamlined in an online marketplace. Competition is fierce and Amazon is eating everyone's lunch (rightfully so)."

2017-01-25

No customer service- just drones reading a script

"I have been a long time advocate for ebags- great product, ships fast, and easy experience...all my experience and I have placed many orders over the years...HOWEVER, I had never had a error that required a discussion with customer service. There is only one way- their way. No listening and no help, no making the customer happy, no discussion, no satisfaction, no matter what. Not via chat, not via phone. Just repeat their company line over and over. So, if all is well, all is well. If it isn't, don't bother even trying! Just an exercise in frustration! ;("

2017-01-16

This is absolutely worst experience I have ever had with online purchase.

"The company is completely irresponsible. The customer service is basically doesn't exist.
The customer service phone line is never picked up by nobody and simply drops off on customers.
2 day shipping took about a month in my case only to learn that they send me the wrong bag.
One week of trying to reach somebody online or over the phone resulted in complete ignorance from ebags side. Finally when I was able to request replacement of the bag they promised to send 2 day shipping which turned out to be 10 days shipping to only again learn that they send me a wrong idem second time. I asked to anybody from the management to call me via emails, chats and reps promised that management will get back. Nobody ever got back!
Send everything back to them and asked for refund. It took about 10 emails back and force in order to get some type of commitment for refund from ebags but guess what , 1 months later I still have not received my refund.
Now I am trying to return about $700 I spent of very expensive items through my bank and credit card protection feature.
I also found many customers having similar issues with ebags, looks like its a big fraud!
Be very careful! Good price has an actual price of fraud.

Share eBags's store rating

eBags is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBags is not a merchant member
eBags does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!