• eCollegePC eCollegePC Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.64/10 9.64/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.93/10 8.93/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.64/10 9.64/10

2015-07-03

"I had looked up computer companies that built computers. eCollegePC was number 5 on the list, but scored very high marks for customer service. I decided to research the 5 companies listed and chose eCollegePC to build our computers. I was a little leary about spending the money for 2 gaming computers based on soley on reviews. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! I had a simple question regarding the order and emailed customer service. Within 30 minutes Mike called my personally to answer my question. I was amazed. I was even more pleased when the order arrived exactly as described. I finally got to play on the new computer and I was blown away by its capability. I would definately order again from eCollegePC and recommend giving them a chance to make you happy with your new computers. Price was very reasonable and customer service was through the room!
I couldn't be happier!

Ray DeBacker
Cathlamet, Washington"

2015-05-31

"I don’t do reviews, I just don’t. But this is a special case – in fact, I’m going to copy and save this one and post it on other forums. Anyone who is on a limited budget, or doesn’t have a lot of computer savvy, or has a problem comprehending someone who speaks with a heavy accent will understand why I made an exception in this case. Especially if they spent a week trying get a little preliminary info from “Customer Support” at HP, Dell, etc.
If I wanted a custom-built PC and my name was Buffet, I’d probably buy IBM or Cray and tell them I wanted to be able to do anything, anywhere, anytime. Same thing if my name was Gates – I couldn’t use my own company because I wouldn’t want to risk a discrimination lawsuit by hiring a translator so I could actually understand my Customer Support Staff.
If I were just run-of-the-mill wealthy, I’d probably go to one of those high-end (apt) Custom Builder Boutiques – the ones who would feel soiled and insulted if they were ever asked to build a PC for under 10K.
Either way, ecollegepc would have never been on my radar – and I’d have missed the most pleasant and painless experiences in my 15 years of online shopping.
When you call them on the phone, they take your number and ACTUALLY CALL YOU BACK – usually within 5 minutes…..even if you’re just looking for info about their products and policies. When you contact them via e-mail, with several questions at once, they usually respond within a couple of hours, and always within the same day – unless you wait until after business hours, then it might be the first thing next day. And you can talk to the same knowledgeable person each time you contact them, no matter which way you do it.
You can buy a ready-to-ship PC from their Value Series for around $450, and if you want, customize it almost any way you choose. Or choose one of their specialized lines and customize that. They have an impressive selection of options, and if you ask for something you THINK you want, but don’t need, they’ll tell you. I’m sure they’d sell you whatever you insisted on, as long as there were no compatability issues, but they don’t go out of their way to sell you stuff you don’t need.
And there’s a free 3 year warranty on parts and labor, and free lifetime support.
I had a problem with my PC that I caused by my own stupidity, and they said that I could ship it back at their expense, or they would try to tell me how to fix it myself. They told me, and I fixed it.
I couldn’t be happier with the PC, or the whole process from start to finish.

2015-04-21

"I usually build my own PC's because big name builders like Origin/Xidax/Falcon cost SO, SO much more money. With eCollegePC the cost was just a tad more than building it myself, but I got the benefit of a 3 year warranty, beautiful cable management, and free shipping. I had a strange problem with my power supply (it was a quality brand PSU, just this unit was funky) where the computer wouldn't turn back on after a shut off unless I waited a minute or so. Mike sent me a new PSU asap and I had it installed in less than 3 minutes. Fixed the problem. If they keep their prices reasonable and build quality good I might never make my own again."

2015-03-30

"Excellent custom computer build and fairly priced, Courteous, expert advice; timely communication/follow-up; and stellar customer service after the sale. Highly recommended."

2015-03-28

"I just got my new machine custom built from eCollegePC and have to say they have some of the best customer service I've had with any company I've dealt with online. Response time is not only amazing they know what they'd talking about (thanks to Mike in particular). Keep up the good work and thanks for a killer gaming machine!"

2015-03-19

"I was looking for four new work stations for a busy photographic studio. We needed high spec PC's without gaming graphics capability. Mike worked with us to come up with a suitable specification and quoted a very fair price. After ordering, the PC's were built, shipped and installed without incident. Overall - very satisfied and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for custom built PC's."

2015-01-11

"Wonderful service and excellent product.
I custom designed a gaming system and they made it work perfectly..."

2014-12-20

"Very impressed with the efficient, clean build of my new PC. Great communication, reasonable prices, and perfect build. Many thanks!"

2014-08-11

"The best service you can get always respond and are very helpful with problems. The computers are great and affordable. Best site I have found"

2014-06-19

" Very happy with my new PC
This is my first pc in 3yrs so i spent a lot of time researching online comparing offers and pc specs
it arrived perfect and i was able to see that it was built with great care by someone with experience who did a fantastic job.

Was great communication from mike.fast shipping with expert packing
arrived better then expected
3 years i will be a return customer=)

Research your specs and the company reputation it means so much more then flashy websites that offer the image of power when reliability and power can mean so much more."

2014-04-10

"I recieved my new computer from ECOLLEGEPC yesterday and it looks and runs great! And I got a lot more computer for less money than the bigger guys offered. Thank you Mike!"

2014-02-04

"Great technical support! Very helpful with everything. Also great prices and products! "

2013-10-03

"Purchased a system from eCollegePC, had a minor CPU heating problem, called for support. Support addressed the issue on the phone, after just a moments investigation (the tech told me what to do). We solved the problem instantly. System is now 2 years old, running just fine."

2013-08-02

"An all-around fantastic experience! I was in the market to build a very nice but still affordable gaming computer. However, my knowledge of gaming computer specifications was limited and the prospect of selecting the wrong components for my needs was downright scary. I expected the process to be daunting but Mike was with me every step of the way from start to finish and beyond. I received responses to all of my emailed questions very quickly - sometimes within minutes- and got great advice. Shipping was quick and I received the pc in excellent condition and plug-in ready. Even a few questions I had after receiving the pc were answered just as rapidly. The customer service I received from eCollegePC was top-notch, well above and beyond the usual. Given the excellent product and stellar customer service, I would not hesitate to purchase from this company again."

2012-08-06

"The two outfits who built systems to my specs in 2007 and 1997 are gone and there's no one else in Phoenix, AZ - not at pricing on par with the on-line whitebox crowd anyway. So I went searching and eCollegePC rose to the top every time. I examined the business from every angle including records on file with the Missouri Secretary of State. There was nothing to make me suspect they weren't anything but legit.

What set eCollegePC apart for me from the gee-whiz big-time outfits like iBUYPOWER, CyberPower and the like is that they're not, well, gee-whiz big-time. Except maybe for a stellar reputation as an eBay Platinum Power Seller and their standing here at ResellerRatings.

No one else that I could find was able to match their warranty: three year parts and labor. For a few extra bucks there's a "hassle free pickup and return" warranty (one, two and three year options) where FedEx will be dispatched to pick up your system so eCollegePC can do the warranty repair and ship it back to you.

Having wrapped up my research, I ordered Thursday on-line and next Thursday a nicely built i7-3770K/Z77 arrived at my doorstep. For $1223 delivered I have a great system comparable to ones at $1500-$1700 had I gone for a branded system from a local big-box store or their on-line configurators.

Mike is eCollegePC's chief cook and bottle washer and a saint. Leading up to my final configuration he responded to my dozen or so emails within an hour - several within minutes from his smart phone. After I ordered, I changed my mind for a better PSU and in two emails and a PayPal transaction, it was done. He even accommodated my request that all parts' boxes, docs and leftover bits and pieces be shipped with the system. And to setup the Windows 7 build with three partitions the way I like it done.

Considering they've been in business for 12 years, when I'm lusting for Intel's 5th gen procs and Windows 10 (SP1 of course) I'll know where to place the order. "

This review was modified by dallas7 on August 06 2012 09:58:15 PM

Share eCollegePC's store rating

eCollegePC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

eCollegePC is a merchant member
eCollegePC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,833 merchant members.