Stores > eCollegePC

• eCollegePC eCollegePC Elite Status

2016-10-07

Mike is a AI!

"As a PC gamer I built my own since I can remember including liquid cooling and air cooling PC. I had done several month of research and plan to built it myself, but I had become very lazy after many many years building it myself. I went to several different custom build website and compare price and parts, which eCollegePC beats all the other sites price by far. Also if they don't have what you want just email sales and they will get it for you. What is funny is that I just stumble upon eCollegePC by chance base on another site review and what is amazing is that their site looks something I would of built in college, which is plain and simple but don't judge it's book by it's cover because they are a amazing company. I highly recommend eCollegePC for awesome service, products, and support. Great Work Mike and Staff. (P.S. I think Mike is an AI that does it all.)"

This review was modified by V.T. on October 07 2016 06:37:32 PM

2016-10-01

Absolutely the Best!

"I email Mike a few times, and explained to him that this would be my first gaming pc. I told him exactly what I needed to do, as I am also a student. I am loving my pc, and I will definitely be ordering again pretty soon. Customer service was the best I have ever experienced. Thanks Mike. "

This review was modified by nisa2west on October 01 2016 08:21:20 PM

2016-09-28

Great customer service

"This is my 2nd PC from eCollegePC, the 1st is still going just getting old and thought it was time for a new one. Have been taking my time setting up windows and only the software I absolutely needed ( want as clean a machine as possible ). The other day the PC just would not turn on, Mike sent me a power supply which I installed, did not fix it. I shipped it back, turns out was the Motherboard. My PC was repaired and shipped back that day. These guys really stand behind their PC's. Overall very happy I buy my PC's from these guys. "

This review was modified by RandyS. on September 28 2016 02:22:03 PM

2016-09-12

OLD Gamer

"Did my homework on company's and there builds-quality- price- service all of which led me to ecollegePC i configured my machine and emailed sales to look it over and see if it would meet my requirement's for the games i play and Mike replied quickly with some positive suggestions that made the machine stronger and saved me money now thats service before the sale so i ordered it and they shipped it promptly after build was complete always emailing me with progress on it! needless to say i am very very happy with this beast it runs my games at max settings in HD with no strain!!!!!
Would i order from them again YES YES YES
Build-
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0Ghz 8MB Cache Quad-Core | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Fan/Heatsink | ASUS Z170-A (Intel Z170, HDMI, 3xPCI-E, 7xSATA, 4xDDR4) | 32GB (8GBx4) G.Skill Ripjaws PC4 24000 DDR4 3000Mhz Memory Lifetime Warranty | 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO Series MZ-75E500B/AM SATA3 SSD | 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 6Gbps Western Digital Blue | 12X LG Blu-ray Player / 16X DVD+/-RW DVD Burner SATA | 8GB GeForce GTX 1070 GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP (Major Brand) | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit (Includes DVD + COA) | Apevia Black/Blue X-Dreamer 4 (4 5.25, 5 3.5) 5 Fans, Audio/USB 3.0 | 850watt Corsair RM850 Modular 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFIED | Onboard 1Gbit LAN included | Onboard HD 7.1 Sound included

This review was modified by mtucker6815 on September 13 2016 08:47:45 AM

2016-08-28

New Gaming PC -Intel 6850, TitanX Pascal, 512 samsung 950 M2 SSD,

"I was at the point of need to up grade my PC. I really didn't want to build yet another one. Most of the major players were crazy high priced. but I read several reviews about eCollegePC and put together a system that I could live with. They were not only incredibly fast, but very responsive to my very unreasonable time frame and constant changes. I can't Imagine using another builder other than them for another build. I was looking to get the new Titan X Pascal and they were able to get me one for my system. The motherboard I chose for the build was buggy but they sent it to me with out flaw and with great win marks. I sent them I email to ask them an email to thank them for their amazing build. I love it. I can't think of any con's to the system. They will certainly offer anything that you want to put into the build that you don't see on their site if you call and speak with them. "

This review was modified by ambroseken on August 28 2016 08:41:22 PM

2016-08-05

WOW!

"I was considering replacing my 6 Year old gaming rig. I was looking at the "Big" name companies ..Falcon NW, Main-gear and Origin PC. I accidentally stumbled on a review of eCollegePC. I did some research on them and found that almost all of their customer Reviews were 5 star. I went to their web site and spec'd out what I wanted and was floored by the pricing. It was about $1200 less than any of the other bigger outfits. I called them and spoke to Mike and decided to go with them. I had several Special requests that were accommodated with no problem. I wanted a case they didn't carry (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe), an Asus Strix 1080 Video and a special light strip that synced with the case lighting.

The Video Card added to the build time because it was in short supply. I ordered my system on July 13th at 6pm...I received my system on July 28th only 2 days ship time and shipping was free.. (again it took a week to get the special video card) . I booted up the system and was really impressed...it was fast and quiet. I ran 3D mark..the score was better than 97% of the pc scores they had and most of those were SLI and with a faster processor. Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0Ghz 8MB Cache Quad-Core |

16X LG WH16NS40 Blu-ray Disc Burner 3D Playback

8GB ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 1080 GDDR5X PCI-E

DVI/HDMI/DP (Major Brand)

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit (Includes DVD + COA) |

Phanteks Black Enthoo Enthoo Luxe w/Window (4 5.25, 6 3.5)

3 Fans, Audio/USB 3.0 |

airflow |

3 Year Warranty + Three year pickup and return |

Standard processing time: Ready to ship within 5 to 7 Business

Days

This system was a shade under $3500. If you were "on the fence" about ordering from eCollegePC..don't be. I've owned PC's from Falcon NW and Digital Storm.. This PC will stack against any of the competition!

Mike thanks a bunch!

2016-08-04

This place does it ALL Right including the Price!!!!

"Called EC to place a order and spoke with Mike. Mike answered all my questions I had to purchase a build. Within 5 mins my order was placed and received a confirmation order via email 5 mins after my call with Mike. 7 days later I received a Tracker # that my order was shipped. When received I couldn't believe how well it was packaged. I mean this box could have fell of the Fed Ex truck and survived. Unpacked fired it up and WOW! What a Build. I highly recommend EC for Awesome Service, Products, and Support. This place does it ALL Right including the Price. Great Work Mike and Staff. "

This review was modified by BuBu2106 on August 04 2016 08:31:00 AM

2016-06-18

Thanks for Building My Dream Machine, eCollegePC!

"As a PC gamer in my 40's, I've bought four gaming systems since graduating college. While I know I should be able to build my own rig from scratch by now, I still feel more comfortable having an expert assemble my system (especially with high end parts). Having mistakenly bought an Alienware rig in the past, I committed myself to finding a trustworthy vendor with strong customer service who could build my system with quality, non-proprietary components for a reasonable price. After much searching, I discovered eCollegePC. While I had never heard of eCollegePC, careful vetting and online reviews led me to believe they would do a good job. And their 3 year warranty, component selection, and prices were outstanding. So I took the plunge.

After researching parts from their generous selection options, online ordering was simple. I even emailed Mike a few questions during the process, and he responded quickly and professionally. Given my travel schedule, eCollegePC shipped my computer on the date I requested so I would be home to receive it. The computer arrived in perfect condition by FedEx and works like a dream. And should a component falter within the next 3 years, eCollegePC will make things right. What more could I ask for? I give eCollegePC my highest recommendation.

This review was modified by BadgerJim on June 18 2016 08:13:58 PM

2016-04-28

Highly recommended

"These guys are great. Very responsive and helpful when I was having some problems. My graphics card stopped working and they replaced it immediately. You will not find this kind of customer service with other custom PC builders. Price is also very competitive. "

This review was modified by bmaskell on April 28 2016 10:46:43 AM

2016-04-21

Minor issue but solved quickly and courteously

"I ordered a custom built pc that was supposed to be ready to use out of the box.
But when I plugged it in, the wireless card was not working, it had no drivers.

I called the tech support line, informed them of my problem, and they told me they forgot to put in the driver cd disk in the box.

They offered to send me the link to the manufacturers drivers webpage.
The tech named Mike immediately emailed me the link, I downloaded the drivers on a different pc, put the drivers on a flash drive, and installed them on the new pc.

It worked fine.
So there was a small issue out of the box, but tech support quickly and courteously helped me fix the problem.
Thanks again to the tech who helped me named Mike.

This review was modified by Thoros_of_Myr on April 21 2016 06:10:00 PM

2016-04-07

Better than building your own!

"Needed a new midrange desktop / tower to replace my 6 year old. If you just buy a brand name, you never know what you are getting inside, maybe a proprietary power supply or motherboard with weird connectors. In the past I've built my own, but haven't been keeping up with technology, and found myself getting lost with all the new stuff. So I started looking at custom builders. Most of them did high end gamer boxes, e college will also do that. But they will put together anything from a low midrange to top of the line.

So I thought I'd at least talk to them. They took the time to walk me through their on line build process, answering questions and making recommendations. I ended up ordering from them, and they even agreed to ship at a specified date, since I was going to be out of town for a while. Ended up costing only marginally more than building it myself, and even then only if I looked for and/or waited for sales. Prob cost me a bit less than if I had ordered all the components right then.

It arrived with perfect timing, packaged well with all documentation and disks.

About a month after receiving it I started having weird problems with USB failing, and bios acting up. Couldn't figure it out myself, so I sent them an email, detailing what was going on and what I had tried. Mike emailed me back promptly with a few suggestions. Turned out I had a bad USB cable, (an older one of mine) going to one of my printers. I could have called them, but decided it might make things go faster if I detailed everything in writing first. So email troubleshooting was my idea, not theirs.

Short version is, good people, good products, good service.
If you need a computer and know whats what these days, go on line at eCollege and build one.
If you don't know whats what, go to their on line builder and call them, or just call them.

This review was modified by nobody13 on April 07 2016 01:42:52 PM

2016-02-16

Wonderfully Pleased

"I had an eight year old Dell that was no longer adequate for my photo and video editing needs. I looked first at Dell's current offerings and then researched best computer components to meet these needs. I discovered a whole world of custom builders in the process. I compared each of the custom builder websites by building a new computer on their website comparing component parts, total price, etc. eCollegePC had a simple easy to use drop down menu, the most choices, the best parts, the best price, longest warranty, and free shipping. Before I had my new computer custom built by them, I worked with Mike. Mike reviewed with me my goals and needs and reviewed each component part to make sure that it fit in with my overall goal. As a result, my components changed somewhat and he saved me money on my final build. My custom built computer was shipped and at my door eight days later. The fit and finish was first class. The performance is flawless. Photo editing is now a breeze. I highly recommend eCollegePC to anyone who wants a custom built computer tailored specifically for your needs with full knowledge of what part is being used and why it is being used. eCollegePC is knowledgeable, friendly, trustworthy, and delivers a quality product at a great price. "

This review was modified by Coached57 on February 17 2016 05:50:49 AM

2016-01-20

Quality Components Configured Exactly How You Want Them without Paying a Fortune

"I heard about this company from a Lifehacker article that took nominations for the best "boutique" PC builders and reported on the top 5. ECollegePC came in as a dark horse at number 5. So when I started looking around I checked them out. I wouldn't have known otherwise because they don't advertise. Well, not so much as I can tell.

Not only do they eschew advertising, they got I have the smallest website design budget of any vendor out there. No flashy videos, galleries of $10,000 builds, and a 10 page PC configuration process.

I chose the Skylake CPU configurator and was taken to one page that had all the components there. With drop-down lists for CPU, motherboard, case, HSF, memory, PS, etc. if you have a pretty good idea what you want, you can spec out a PC with high end quality retail components in 10 minutes easy. No hide the ball. No two-hour specials. No mail-in rebates. If you need more info on a component that is a simple link to the manufacturer's specification page that pops up in a new dedicated window. The configurator keeps a running total of your components. All I can say is without a doubt eCollegePC has the easiest ordering process around. And they do stock major, high-end name brand components. None of these mystery stuff like "major brand" (with the single exception of video cards, which they will tell you the current one when you order) "OC certified" or proprietary cases that they will paint for you for about as much as the cost to paint an automobile. I am not kidding you. I did a lot of research and I had settled on a case. No other vendor save one besides eCollegePC was offering it. I wanted a specific power supply, high-end, spins down to 0 RPM, platinum certified – only eCollegePC offered it. For their cases if you want one that is not listed, they say just email them.

I ordered on a Monday afternoon. I had a telephone conversation with Mike about some picky stuff I wanted done. Received an email on Friday that it was ready to ship and it was on my porch the following Friday double boxed, and in good shape. No shipping fees or tax. After I got my new PC out of both boxes and got a look at it I could not see a dent, divot, or even a fingerprint. It was absolutely immaculate. I didn't have to so much as reseat a memory stick or tighten a screw. My HSF was carefully wrapped around and around with bubblewrap and the empty space in the case filled up with bubblewrap. I plugged it in and turned it on and it booted right up. All the latest drivers were installed (I checked), even for my NVMe bleeding edge M.2 Samsung Pro 512 GB SSD on a stick mounted on the motherboard. I downloaded Samsung Magician and benchmarked it — over spec. The nice thing about having a PC made to your specifications is there is absolutely no bloatware. No case stickers. No vendor specific splash screens, no nothing. Just the operating system.

I was little bit concerned whether they would do first-class wiring. They did. I mean I could not see a single out of place wire from the front side of the motherboard. They use all the grommets and tiedowns my particular case is famous for and carefully routed them all around the 2 SSD trays on the *back* of the motherboard tray. I had seen some "as built" YouTube videos by major, major review sites and my wiring was way better. Oh, and you know that big bundle of over length wires that even modular power supplies leave you with? I couldn't find it. Completely out of sight. It just was, what can I say. I do not know why they do not include some photos of their completed builds. Wiring can be tedious and time-consuming. A good place to cheap out. They should show off their craftsmanship.

Obviously, I paid more for this PC then one that "looks" similarly configured from Dell or HP. This is a very bad comparison. These mass manufactured companies use proprietary everything. When I tried to compare the price of my PC from eCollegePC, even though I had to substitute parts I didn't want to make the comparison, I saved $500-800 – in some cases not accounting for tax and shipping savings.

If you're reading this and are on the fence about eCollegePC, get off. I can imagine that you would be disappointed.

2015-12-09

"I purchased a computer from eCollegePC and am very satisfied with their service and with the computer that I received. Prices are reasonable and competitive. It's not cheap, but if you want a cheap computer go to a local big-box retailer. If you want a computer that meets your exacting needs, that is well built and fairly priced then I strongly recommend eCollegePC.
- Here's the story. I had a custom built computer that was 7 years old. When I bought that one it was a screamer but over time it got slower and slower and basically wore-out, as they do. So, I looked through all the name brands and didn't find anything that met my specific needs, too many compromises and too expensive. Then I looked for places that offered to build to spec, the one I bought from years ago went out of business. Most of these offered fancy gaming computers which just didn't meet my needs. I wanted something well build, fast, lots of storage and plain. A major consideration for me was to get a 6th gen Intel CPU, lots of RAM and a good graphics card, without lots of otherwise unnecessary bells and whistles. (It's what's inside the box that counts.) So, I went through eCollegePC's website using their custom builder to put together a computer. (I did lots of research on the side to make sure I understood all the options offered.) They seem to offer options that they know are good quality and will work together as a system. Once I had what I thought I wanted I still had a few questions. So I contacted them and Mike answered my questions right away. I ended up purchasing and have been using the computer now for a few weeks. (I placed my order Nov 16 and received the computer Nov 24.) It is a great machine, no problems at all. I am very satisfied with the product and the service I received. I would buy from them again, no doubt about it.

This review was modified by MHWallace on December 09 2015 05:33:59 PM

2015-11-23

"Received my Custom built AMD system with Thermaltake MK-1 case from eCollegePC, set it up and it has been the best PC I have ever had!!! The customer service was excellent and what I really like is that Mike took the time to talk to me about the PC I wanted and also met my budget. Overall great experience. I definitely will be purchasing from these guys again.

Levord Adams
Alabama

This review was modified by leeadams on November 23 2015 07:54:15 AM

Share eCollegePC's store rating

eCollegePC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

eCollegePC is a merchant member
eCollegePC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,606 merchant members.