Stores > iBUYPOWER.COM

• Address: 529 N BALDWIN PARK BLVD. CITY OF INDUSTRY CA
    • Contact: comments@ibuypower.com
    • Phone: (888) 462-3899
    • Customer Support: (888) 462-3899
    • Business Hours: 7:30am~6:00pm PST Mon-Fri10am~3pm PST Sat.
    • Fax: (626) 269-5201

Product & services pricing Rating 8.08/10 8.08/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.95/10 8.95/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.61/10 8.61/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.99/10 8.99/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10

2016-09-26

Gaming laptop for optoelectronic device design optimization

"Purchasing role: I am purchasing this laptop for myself, for personal and work use.

Last order date: Prior to ordering this machine, I have been using a Valkyrie CZ-17 that I purchased on 11/10/2012; see order number 7E3CBR.

Order confirmation number: The order number for the current purchase is C24CSZ.

Comments: Please see that this review is given to Lee. I have bought two iBuyPower laptops prior to purchasing this one. I originally used them for gaming, and while I do not game too much these days, I have found that the specs that make for a powerful gaming laptop also make the laptop very powerful for design optimization simulations that I perform for my job. I used my Valkyrie CZ-17 to optimize the optoelectronic performance of various material systems that I work on for my job, as my gaming laptop could complete the tasks significantly faster than other, weaker performing computers. As an example, some of the most comprehensive simulations would take the Valkyrie ~10 hours running two instances of MATLAB at the same time, making them just short enough that they could be done overnight. Running the code on other machines often ran them so hard that they could not complete the simulation in a practical time frame, or often times not at all.

This review was modified by Preston337 on September 26 2016 04:15:05 PM

2016-09-23

Awesome customer service rep (Kristopher Dickson) saves the day!

"I was very excited to receive my first new desktop in 14 years. Unfortunately I immediately had difficulty with the monitor hook up as there was a connector on the back that fit my monitor but that didn't connect to my video card so my old monitor would not work without an adapter. I decided to use my smart TV instead, at least for the time being. Then I had issues hooking up to the internet, I tried for days to fix this on my own, even called and discussed the situation with my internet company in case it was something I was doing wrong. But no, I had to call customer service back - not something I was looking forward to since the first person I talked to (about the monitor issue) was quite...brusque. (I'd like to say snippy but that may be overstating it a bit). At any rate talked to Kris today and he was beyond patient and helpful. He determined right away that I was missing the appropriate driver and walked me thru the process of getting it on my other computer and transferring it to the new one. Thru this was I having cell phone issues and he called me back every time we got disconnected. Kris is the hero in my book as I can now use my computer as it was intended and he was really patient and not the least bit patronizing. Gold star for Kris as he was the one who made me happy with my purchase!

The computer itself is an awesome and very inexpensive gaming computer, cost me less than the new video card and power supply I need for the old computer!

2016-09-21

Superb Job

"Jeff Van gave me a stellar support session, answered all the questions i had and lead me to the resources i needed to accomplish what i wanted "

2016-09-16

Ignorant PC buyer here

"Was buying my very first gaming PC and was nervous about a lot of the aspects involved in making one, parts, cases, motherboards, video cards, processors? I didn't know the first place to look, thankfully the website has quite a few avenues to assist people in finding what they're looking for. I started with a customizable model and started adding parts to bring its price to what I desired. That wasn't enough for me though, after piecing together the exact rig I wanted, I made sure to call their support line to insure that what I had was what I wanted. The man I talked to was extremely helpful and patient with me.

2016-09-14

Kris is totally AWESOME!!

"Kris helped us on two different calls today with three issues we were having on our newly delivered rig. He was patient and thorough as well as professional and extremely knowledgeable. All three of our issues were resolved quickly and efficiently. We appreciate his customer support and service as well as his understanding of our particular issues. He is an A++ in a world where customer service is typically lacking. We are grateful for his assistance and would definitely buy from you again. Additionally, we are very satisfied with the product and process. Thank you very much Kris!"

This review was modified by CodyandAlex on September 14 2016 04:11:19 PM

I Buy Power Computer

"Spoke with Lee. Our family has purchased 5 Ibuy Power computer products in the past. Since it became time to present my son with a nice birthday gift, and he needed a new computer, it was only logical that we come to you first and buy again."

Great Tech Support

"My new PC was having a lot of issues out of the gate, I contacted tech support and got quick responses and a solution to the issue, Lark Myers was extremely helpful and very friendly. I'm highly satisfied with my experience with ibuypower so far."

This review was modified by ABSturgeon on September 12 2016 02:53:37 PM

Awesome and quick help!

"I was on the phone a few times with Francisco Montano for my computer problems and even though I had no idea what I was looking at most of the time, he walked me through it easily. Francisco was extremely patient and explained things in a way I could mostly understand. This was a 10/10 IT experience and I'm glad he could help me while keeping such a positive attitude. Thanks!!"

This review was modified by hjones28 on September 12 2016 12:03:14 PM

2016-09-02

Tech Rep Manny is a nightmare

"This is flat out a company that does not care about the customer at any turn. Sure, they build a decent pc, but all they really do is assemble it for people who don't know how to do it themselves. That's the only reason I used them in the first place, the last time i will ever use them.

Bought a pc in February 2016. Right from the start there were problems. On the website while buying, they had several free upgrades listed during a Super Bowl sale. However, after I purchased it, several of these upgrades weren't listed on my final invoice. Had several phone calls with sales reps before they finally found that i was right and that I WAS promised certain upgrades. For most of the calls they basically said i was lying and that they didn't see said upgrades. I even had one rep go to the site to build a pc using the same process i used, and he even saw the upgrade on there and still didn't wanna give me the upgraded hardware i was promised. In the end it was their error, and one sales rep checked a different place and had all my upgrades listed. But anyway, moving on.

My PC broke 5 months later. First of all, Tech rep Manny threatened to hang up on me when I called to report the problem. When someone's pc breaks on them, they are naturally a little dismayed when they call about it. Well don't let Manny catch you being upset or he will threaten to transfer you or hang up on you instantly.

But the first major red flag for me and this process was they make you pay to ship it out to them for the repair. This is something that if I were running a business I would absolutely cover for a customer. You would think that since the pc they just built broke less than 5 months later for the customer who gave them almost 1000 dollars for it, that they would be bending over backwards to make this right and save the relationship with this customer. Nope. They don't care, and you will get the whole "that's policy" line from them.

The repair took weeks, it's been over 3 weeks for me. Finally when it was done, I had to contact them to find this out, and I was told to call or email them for specifics about what was wrong. You would think the reason your pc broke would be important information for a customer to know and that they would volunteer this with a courtesy phone call or something. Not according to ibuypower. Now granted, I voiced this concern to them and someone did email me to tell me what went wrong. But this should be pretty standard stuff for a company that cares.

Throughout owning this pc, i have called them a few times with different questions and have been unfortunate enough to get Manny almost every time, and as it stands now, this punk is the biggest reason I will never choose this company again. This is the most disrespectful, attitude laden customer service rep I've ever spoken to in my life. He works in tech support, and is just horrendous.

Overall, I never once saw this company put a nice touch on anything, or go the extra mile for the customer in any area at all. All they did was assemble the parts and take my money. I won't be using them again, and will dissuade any I speak to from doing so as well. I've been telling everyone I know that games on pc to avoid them at all costs, and I've waged a social media campaign against them. I'm sure it won't dent them, but I already know I've kept at least 3 people from using them. That's something. They have Manny and some poor policies to thank.

2016-08-31

Yay

"Richard lee help me
I love Ibuypower

This review was modified by CourteneyStacey on August 31 2016 10:31:43 AM

2016-08-29

Great Buy

"Richard Lee was extremely helpful! Great purchase process!"

2016-08-25

Great PC!

"Financial dept. doesn't understand virtual credit card numbers but otherwise they did a great job. Richard Lee, my assigned contact, was very professional, helpful and took care of order details."

This review was modified by usok007 on August 25 2016 01:27:33 PM

2016-08-25

"Great customer support fixed all of my problems, very patient, quick, and easy. best customer support i have ever experienced."

This review was modified by keph on August 25 2016 01:50:46 PM

2016-08-24

Best Help from Tech Support in a Long Time (Kristopher Dickson Helped Me)

"As the title states, it has been a long time since I have had someone help me out with something in a way that was helpful, friendly and understanding. Kristopher Dickson exceeded whatever standards are set by iBuyPower's Customer Support. The biggest example is that my problem was simple, but he helped me as if it was a huge deal and I was able to successfully fix the issue. He went above and beyond and deserves to be an example for anyone else currently hired or to be hired."

This review was modified by Giusep123 on August 24 2016 04:15:29 PM

2016-08-23

10/10, would order from again

"I usually build my own PC's. I don't often need a whole new machine, just upgrade existing as I go, but I wanted to set up a new common machine for a Vive. I figured I would see if I could save myself some time and use a custom builder this time. I decided on what I wanted to build and priced it out using pricewatch and pcpartspicker.com so I knew what the cost should be for me to do it. I then built the identical system on ibuypower.com, and it came out about $100 cheaper. So, slightly cheaper, and I don't have to build it myself is a winner, assuming it's built correctly and packed correctly and all the parts are good when it arrives.
Thankfully, everything is fine. The PC is put together correctly, the wiring is run cleanly, it was packed very securely, and everything is working as it should. No complaints, would definitely give them another try if I need to build another PC from scratch in the future. Their automated system that emails you telling you as the order moves through each stage was nice as well, I didn't have to go stalking the website to check statuses.

Share iBUYPOWER.COM's store rating

iBUYPOWER.COM is a Merchant Member! Learn more

iBUYPOWER.COM is a merchant member
iBUYPOWER.COM participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,635 merchant members.