Stores > iFixit

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.21/10 8.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
Voice your opinion! Review iFixit by clicking a star below.
2017-05-25

Very disappointing

"Purchased an iPhone 5S screen. The first screen that they sent was defective (the back light worked, the screen however did not). They sent out a replacement screen relatively quickly. When that screen arrived, I immediately connected the cables but did not fully reassemble so that I could test the screen. This screen worked, but the digitizer had a dead spot along the entire left edge, preventing me from being able to use the device. I promptly returned the first screen.

When I contacted them the second time, they told me that the second screen had been fully tested prior to shipment. Clearly their definition of "testing" did not include ensuring that the digitizer worked. They immediately became defensive and telling me that I had either broken the device, or that I needed to re-install software, because it certainly couldn't be their screen. They would not refund my money, nor send me a working replacement. This is the last screen I will EVER buy from iFixit, and I have been sharing my story with anyone that will listen.

I purchased another screen on eBay for a fraction of the iFixit price, and it worked flawlessly. So much for the software needing to be re-installed.

2017-05-22

Responsive customer service, good products, excellent tutorials

"Ordering a lithium ion battery for an iPhone resulted in a long delay attributable to the US Postal Service. iFixit customer service sent a replacement via UPS about a week after I notified iFixit of non-delivery. The e-mail back-and-forth was not instantaneous, but took a reasonable few days. The replacement arrived promptly in good condition. (The original USPS shipment arrived 5 weeks after it was ordered, though I live only 250 miles from iFixit shipping. USPS is slow to perform their special processing of potentially dangerous Li Ion batteries. Ground shipping only. I returned it with a free return label.)

The iFixit battery worked fine, but it turned out other problems with the phone (not cost effective to repair) were the actual cause of the charging issue, so the battery was a wasted expense. (Not the fault of iFixit.) The toolkit was good, except that the #000 Philips screwdriver head was not well shaped to engage the 7 tiny Philips screws inside the phone. To remove one stubborn screw, I had to superglue the tool to the screw head to get enough traction. On any repair involving removing tiny screws, I recommend buying a $10 package of spare screws for the phone you are working on. Cheap insurance against losing or damaging even one screw that would prevent proper re-assembly.

2017-05-10

Really bad service, don't use them

"They sent me a part that was non-functioning. I sent it back, they said it was cracked and won't refund me. I sent it back in the packaging they provided, with the label they sent. This has been a horrible experience. "

2017-05-03

Horrible customer service

"Just called customer service with a question.
There was terrible background noise and the rep voice was distorted, impossible to understand.
The rep didn't try to improve the communication, just told me something like "send us an email" (which I did yesterday night, but still, after an hour and a half since they opened this morning; no reply) and hanged up.

2017-04-21

Best quality tools at a reasonable price

"Just received my latest order from iFixit and its everything I looked for. Customer service? Don't know as I've never had to contact them!"

Canada
2017-04-20

New favorite website...

"I found this website in an add and figured it try it out, i wanted better quality parts then ebay. Greatest experience ever it gave about a week lead time for shipping received in 2 days. The product is amazing works great and came well packaged to deliver damage free parts."

2017-04-18

Exceeds Expectations!

"The 64 Bit driver kit is a fantastic product at a great price, I did not have high expectations but here I am eating my words. The storage box and presentation is top notch. The driver itself and bits are a joy to use and feel durable. I have already recommended it to several friends and I will likely order another kit as a spare. To top it all off, shipping was 2 days from the other side of the country. I cant recommend this kit from iFixit enough!"

2017-04-12

Faulty battery and terrible Customer Service

"Bought a replacement battery for my MacBook Air. It simply did not take a charge. Customer service refuses to pick up the phone or answer my many emails. They are a scam operation. Avoid at all costs."

2017-04-10

Avoid iFixit at all Costs!

"Don't be deceived by the glitzy repair videos. If you order any parts from iFixit, be prepared to wait at least 6 weeks for delivery - possible 2 months. My story: I ordered iMac repair parts on March 15th, and paid $11.50 for US Postal First Class to Canada. Here I am, April 10th with no delivery. When I contacted iFixit, they told me to wait until 6 weeks have passed and then contact my post office to see if they can locate the item! What kind of company is this? They charge a high delivery cost, no tracking number, no customer support. Never again, and if you're thinking about ordering from them, beware."

2017-03-13

iFixit.com sending broken parts to customers and telling them to eat it...

"I received an iphone 6 plus screen that looks brand new until you power it on where a portion of the screen is entirely black.
iFixit.com states "Thank you for taking the time to provide the pictures. I apologize for any frustration that you may have experienced during the repair.
Based upon the pictures, it looks like the part has suffered some physical damage. As it turns out, physical damage that occurs during or after a repair is not covered under our warranty.
While our warranty doesn't cover it, I can make a one-time exception and provide a coupon for half off of the purchase of a replacement.

The only frustration was receiving an iphone screen that doesn't work and ifixit.com not sending me a replacement or even allowing me to mail them back the iphone screen for them to see that they sent me a faulty screen in the first place.

2017-03-09

DO NOT USE IFIXIT!

"They've taken way too much of my time, sending me TWO faulty Macbook Pro batteries. Now that I've asked for my money back, they STILL haven't done it!!! (after I've returned the products of course). It's been a week, almost two!!! Now that they know it's me calling they instantly reject my call, sometimes even pick it up then hang up!!! Get these guys out of business. Absolute worst customer service in the industry, products are cheap, and customer service is cheap!!"

2017-02-20

Excellent Service

"The products and repair guide were excellent."

2016-11-09

Made it less scary...

"Helping a retired neighbor save money, I volunteered to do a battery swap. On his iphone. I had no idea what I was stepping into. I had never even held an iphone in my hands. iFixit saved my ****, with tools and step by step (idiot proof) instruction. Product was also on time and as described. I will be bringing more business in their direction!!"

2016-10-29

Buyer Beware!

"I purchased a tool to remove broken headphone pieces from iPhones and iPads. The tool DOES NOT WORK and they will not take the tool back and give me a refund. They even implied that I just don't have the skill necessary to use the tool. It's a very big rip off so I wouldn't recommend purchasing anything from this store unless you want to gamble with your money. "

2016-10-09

Sweet!!

"This is my first time using ifixit. I have to say the order process was fun and informational. I will update or add a new review when the parts come in for my phone!!"

Share iFixit's store rating

iFixit is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

iFixit is not a merchant member
iFixit does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!