Stores > lordandtaylor

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.04/10 1.04/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.05/10 2.05/10
Voice your opinion! Review lordandtaylor by clicking a star below.
2017-09-20

wrost customer service I had ever seen in my whole life

"They canceled 12 orders which I placed and when I called them asking for reason they said " you will get call in next 24 hours" and they will never call you."

2017-08-19

Terrible Customer Service for Online Orders

"I had two interactions with customer service for my first and ONLY order, and I was incredibly frustrated with both. Primarily, my experience with my incorrect order was clearly the worse of the two. The customer service rep accidentally slipped that it was documented I was substituted an item for the original item I ordered, which is now out of stock. She later denied this, but it was clear it was not an "accident'. The only two options I was provided was mail the item back for a refund, at my own inconvenience, or received a 15% discount. Neither of this were at all satisfactory, when it is clear I was substituted an item without any effort to contact me inquiring my preferences. I was also told that my return would be convenient and able to use USPS at my home, but the return label I was provided clearly states I must drop it off at a Fed Ex location. I extremely dissatisfied with the service provided at ordering and receipt, and do not plan on ever shopping Lord and Taylor again. I am happy to share this experience with friends and family, and anyone who will read this blurb. This is not what I expected from a high end retailer. I've wasted over an hour of my time with this transaction and still gained no satisfaction. Very disappointing. I would have done better on Amazon. "

2017-08-02

Employees refuse return to better their sales

"I went to the lord &a Taylor in the Livingston mall today and one of the employees, Kelsia, basically refused to return a cream I bought 3 days ago.
When I approached her to return the item, she immediately said," I should go return it where I bought it because it will affect our sales." I would..if I was already at the other store. Then she says it's only down the street (30 min. away). Then she went behind the register and opened the products and claimed she can't return a product because it's been used. The products were for my grandma, but I never got the chance to give them to her- so they were never used. I found it odd she didn't want to return the most expensive product I purchased... and instead said she can give me store credit. So basically it will be returned, resold- but the sale won't be affected. I am so livid Kelsia was more preoccupied with her sales than a customer trying to return unwanted products. Especially when the manager, Sharon, clearly expressed the same priority and offered store credit as the only solution. Really shows how the lord & Taylor store in Livingston mall is operating. Now, I need to make a 30min trip to be able to return the products. Thank you Kelsia and Sharon for helping yourselves out first before the customor

2017-08-01

Theft of funds from my checking account

"I attempted to place an order online on 7/31/17. The error message I received said there was an issue processing my payment. The items in my shopping bag were removed. I checked to see if the order was placed and it was not. A couple hours later I tried again. Same error message. I then tried when I arrived at work and received the same error message regarding my payment method. I deleted my debit card information and re entered it to ensure it was correct. Nothing worked. I then called Lord and Taylor to place the order. The payment was declined. I logged into my online banking and found that there were 12 authorization holds totaling $2,904.12 from Lord and Taylor. I called and they said the charges would drop off. I advised them this is not going to work for me. The amount of the hold is too much. After arguing with someone that did not speak English as a first language, I convinced her to request for the holds to be removed. I tweeted and bombarded Lord and Taylor with emails. First they said the holds will drop off in 3-5 business days. Who would allow $2,904.12 to sit on hold in their checking account? Especially when no order was placed. Eventually they did fax a request to my bank asking for the holds to be released. They then advised me this is now up to my bank. This is crap. I insisted on getting an explanation and was advised this will happen if their system or website is being updated. The order will not go through but the debit to your account will. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and recommend others doing so as well.

2017-07-20

Return Process

"1) I paid $23 for two day expedited shipping. I got 3 shipments instead of one and it took 5 days to deliver. In addition, they shipped one item in the wrong size! Explained this to customer service - everyday for a week! They confirmed that it took 5 days for shipping. A month later, they are still reviewing my claim to get my shipping cost reversed. Seriously?

2) I returned my item on July 3rd. It is now July 20th and they still cannot locate my return. Never buy anything online from Lord and Taylor.

My first time buying from them. Never again. Horrible experience.

2017-07-16

Very low quality website, Very poor quality credit card

"What happened to Lord & Taylor? They used to be one of the best places to shop. This is the only retail card I have kept for 15+ years. The website has to be the WORST internet experience ever. Today, I'm unable to put things in my shopping cart. Last week, it wouldn't take my credit card payment. I even called to phone in the order and, after 20 minutes on the phone, that didn't work either. I registered a complaint online about the poor credit card experience and they said they couldn't help me. I feel like I'm dealing with the Department of Motor Vehicles, not a high end retailer. Doesn't Lord & Taylor actually want to sell their goods? Or, is this some secret conspiracy to purposefully drive the place into bankruptcy? Truly, it appears they aren't even trying to win our business. "

2017-07-12

Beware: DON'T Shop Online during Friends&Family

"Last day of friends&family trying to buy a cart full of items and the site was not working. This had happened on several days during this sale. Waiting until that evening to buy and now it was not letting me check out. I call customer service, wait on the phone for an hour or so and am told me need to go item by item through my cart providing style numbers for each piece in order to purchase. My first 4 items were no longer in stock, yet they were still available through their site. First time I've had a terrible experience with L&T but has tainted my buying moving forward. Complete waste of time!"

2017-06-28

Pathetic customer service

"I was not able to locate the billing register... There was no sign board for the same, when i walked almost a half mile,i could find just one person who sent me in the wrong direction. Then again i reached the shoe section where all the employees were frustrated n not willing to help me, again they sent me to the wrong place.
When i was finally able to locate the register with the help of a friend, the lady at the counter said there is no tag to the dress, so u have to go again half a mile n bring the tag . I mean seriously???

2017-06-26

Cancelled my Order 48 hours later

"Title says it all. Only 2nd order with company and they cancelled my order. "

2017-06-23

Terrible Customer Service

"I placed an order for a pair of shoes for work and paid extra for overnight delivery and expected to receive the package in a couple of days. However, as soon as I placed my order, I never received a single email confirming my order went through correcting. Nevertheless, I did receive an email from PayPal confirming payment so I just assumed the order was placed. Fast forward a week, and I still didn't have my shoes. I called customer service and waited patiently for a rep to answer. Once I got a live person, I asked to check on the status of my order to which they replied the order didn't go through because they couldn't find it. I gave them my phone number, email and name and they said it wasn't in their system and to dispute the charges with PayPal. After I hang up, I call PayPal and they say I have to call back L&T because it is still showing the order is processing and can only be cancelled on their end. This time I decided to write them instead. I send an email to customer service and told them the situation. Again, after a couple of days their was no response (still none and going on 14 days now). I decided to call again and this time spoke with a supervisor. She confirmed once again there was no order placed so they couldn't cancel it. I hung up and immediately ordered another pair of work shoes from a different retailer assuming the pending charge would soon fall off. Another week or so goes by and today after I come home I see a box from L&T and sure enough it's the shoes I ordered (25 days late). I called L&T back and told them what happened. I asked if I could be reimbursed some for the time, money and effort I spent to get these shoes. This was my first time ordering from there and said it wasn't a great experience. The rep then tells me she could reimburse the shipping charge and discount my order 10%. I am not a pushback type of person and really hate asking for something unless it's warranted, but this particular experience made me feel like more should be given. She said that was all she could do. She asked her manager and she pumped my savings to 15%. I asked to speak to the Supervisor because I felt this was still not adequate. (If I didn't work as a Supervisor for another retailer for 7 years prior, I probably would of accepted the offer. However, I know that these compensations can be bargained and it really just depends on how good of a mood your rep is in that day to get a higher discount). I asked for more and she declined. She then went on to actually giving me a lower discount than what I was originally quoted from the first rep. I asked for someone above her. She said there was no one higher than her on the floor right now so take it or leave it and as an extra dig she said she didn't even see notes in here saying I called or emailed before and implied I was lying. I told her the reason why she didn't see my calls is either a) I'm a new customer and they never sent an order confirmation to my email b) the reps each time never wrote any notes legitimately each time I called. Whatever the reason, I felt dismissed as a customer. I asked for a case be made to give me a half off my order and waived shipping. I believe if I hadnt asked for my case number, my request would of never been submitted because after she said she put in my request and I asked for the number she said she had to put me on hold because her computer wasnt working right for her to be able to see my case number. I am now waiting for customer relations to get back to me to probably tell me they can't help me either to which I will keep calling and climbing the ranks until I reach someone who will oblige my request. "

2017-06-02

Take your online business elsewhere! Worse experience ever!

"I have been shopping online for many years now- over ten. It's easy and simple, right? - Not with L&T! Placed an order over the holiday weekend, not once but 4 times! The checkout process kicked me back out to cart view- with an error message indicating something went wrong. I checked in with my CC account to see that my card was charged several times. No worries figured I would call in.... after 3 more attempts I am STILL waiting to get the holds off my original card. And still waiting for their CC department to get back to me as to why the last order was ultimately canceled without notifying me. "Check your info with your CC company". Five days later this is what I am told, as well as that I have to wait 72 more hours to hear back from their CC department. Never again. Stay far away from their online orders- their systems seems to be outdated and unreliable. "

2017-05-19

Refuse to refund

"Lord & Taylor are scammers. I sent merchandise back and tracking info showed they received it, the merchandise had no issues, yet they would not refund my money. Customer Service admitted they received my return and they had some confusion over a separate price adjustment due to a coupon mistake they made. They promised to issue the proper refund, yet they would not do it. I had to call again and again over the course of five weeks and I was given a case number every time, yet when I called back, I was told my case was closed and had to re-open a new case. I’ve had to continuously waste my time calling back, being put on hold and having to explain my situation over and over. I was made to feel like a beggar. The last straw was the final time I called demanding my refund, I was transferred and put on hold several times. When I finally spoke to a manager, explained the situation yet again, he said there was nothing he could do but he would call me two hours later with a solution –he never did. The inordinate amount of time and energy I’ve spent on getting my refund is outrageous. If I hadn’t persisted, they would have stolen my money! "

2017-05-04

Unbelievable

"Steer clear of this outfit. Just hung up after 42 minutes on hold waiting for a guy in Costa Rica who could not find our account. "

2017-04-19

Worse worst and gone

"I have overlooked many things during my years as a Very devoted customer. Not any more, I was sent by the BayShore store to the Huntington store to purchase a petite. Petites are only carried on line? Rather perplexing.. The length from shoulder to waist , lenghth, arm length all is reflected in a petite size. I get an email notification for everything else from LT. but not that one. Could that be considered discrimination? The long and the short.......I went to Saks and they now have a new client, You are better off going to a thrift store than LT. They are not what you pay for and the associates are not friendly, don't know the merchandise, defensive and rude! My Chanel records I will have sent to me "

Queens, NY
2017-04-15

As other's everyone else below has said, and as far as I can tell no effort is being made to improve anything

"I'll start with the positive which is that I am a member of ShopRunner, so if L&T actually ships the product - then receiving it in a timely manor is usually not a problem.
My issues are mainly with the quality of the product, and also the website itself. I choose to shop at the (horrible) L&T website mostly because of the good deals that can be had combined with free shipping, being a member of ShopRunner. I guess you could say 'you get what you pay for' which is certainly the case here. Often times much of what I buy is on sale. With that being said, I am still expecting to receive a product in its original with with tags condition. However, what I find with L&T is that often times what I received is a product that has been removed from all its original packing, and somethings even reticketed with cheap Lord & Taylor tag.... in general unkempt condition overall.
My other issue is with the website overall. I could go on and on and on about all the issues I've had over the years, but I don't even think I could remember all of them at this point. The company is definitely 'behind the 8-ball' as far as technology is concerned and that still hasn't changed. I think what i most concerning to me is there is little evidence that ANYTHING is being done to address ANY of the number issues you can find described here or on other review sites across the internet. Whats worse, is that these bad experiences don't just seem to be limited to the internet, but are also happening in the stores as well. Anyways, back to the original topic - I've received items that were not the item displayed on the site, sometimes the prices and promotions are off or don't work properly, there has been more than one that time something I've ordered gets cancelled, the photo's available to look at are HORRIBLE, STILL no in-store locator for items (even if its always a little off). I actually had to start a new account, because there was some issue with my wish list that even customer service could help me to fix - You get the idea.

Share lordandtaylor's store rating

lordandtaylor is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

lordandtaylor is not a merchant member
lordandtaylor does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!