Stores > monoprice.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.62/10 1.62/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.21/10 2.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.96/10 1.96/10
Voice your opinion! Review monoprice.com by clicking a star below.
2017-10-12

Purchase 3D printer experience

"Purchased a 3D printer (open box). Missing a part when it arrived. Sent it back. Received the replacement (open box). Missing other parts. They over-rated their quality of a "tested" product. Entire process took 2~3 weeks.

I purchased two desktop from them a month ago. One of them has broken corners.

Their prices are good. Their staff are very polite and easy to work with. However, the quality control needs to significantly improve. The replacement process needs to expedite.

2017-10-10

Should have read reviews before ordering

"Great prices get you every time ! I should have read the reviews before placing order. I paid for two day shipping and ordered on an afternoon so could have been shipped same day.
Didn't get shipped until LATE next day and arrived three business days later. What a waste of time. Never again .... you get what you pay for.

2017-10-03

Customer service is very, very bad.

"Monoprice used to be a really good resource for a limited selection of (mostly electronic and computer) products, but they made up for the lack of variety with low prices and responsive and efficient customer service. Now they sell an extensive selection of weirdly unrelated merchandise (camping gear! bike tires! trumpets!) and the customer service is just plain TERRIBLE -- think repeated customer service and/or return requests and emails that go unanswered, a website "Live Chat" function that doesn't work, obscenely long wait/hold times on the phone, clueless and unhelpful employees, etc, etc.

That said, the prices seem like they're still pretty competitive (that trumpet can be yours for just $170!), so if you have no expectation or intention of ever utilizing their customer support you may come away satisfied. As for me, I don't think I'll be buying from them again anytime soon.

2017-09-30

Customer Service Horrible

"I received a defective optical HDMI cable, so I initiated a RMA to send it back for replacement 2 weeks ago. The only contact I have gotten from them so far, despite multiple attempts to get status from them, is asking me to confirm my shipping address. This is odd, since they already have it and they haven't even provided instructions for sending the defective cable back yet. I've ordered a lot from this company over the years but due to this experience they have lost me as a future customer. They also deleted my honest review of the cable I received."

2017-09-23

Horrible

"Once Monoprice started using GSO for shipping.......I stopped buying from them. You will never receive your package. I had my CC company take the charge off my card and ordered from Amazon instead. Got my package in two days. "

2017-09-12

Still Waiting

"Received a chromebook that was obviously used/reconditioned. Nowhere was it advertised as such. Received RMA# for return, along with apology for item not being described adequately, returned item, now weeks later no refund given. Emailed them again several days ago, no response. Will NOT order from them again."

2017-09-05

Extremely Slow Returns Department

"Customer service is extremely slow. Returned DOA product has been in their warehouse for over a week with no action. Now being told that it will be another 9 days before resolution."

2017-08-31

Unreliable shipping; impossible to get customer service

"I ordered an 18U rack from Monoprice at the end of July. On the day it was due to arrive the shipper GSO contacted me to say unfortunately the item was damaged and would be returned to Monoprice. Things happen – that's life.

Monoprice said they'd need to wait for GSO to return the item before they could ship out a replacement. I was in a hurry, so I requested a refund on the first order, and ordered the item a second time.

The second order arrived and when I looked at the box I knew something was wrong. It was way too small – Monoprice shipped me a 6U rack instead of the 18U one. I requested a return label which Monoprice provided after a few days of waiting, and returned the 6U rack via UPS. I send Monoprice the tracking code for the return and they shipped out the 18U rack again via GSO. GSO contacted me shortly after to tell me the item was "missing" in their system. GSO would not give me any more information and told me I needed to contact Monoprice directly for more information. Monoprice tells me they don't have the item back and won't issue a refund until they get it. I figure eventually this will shake out and I'll get a refund.

I was STILL in a hurry, so I made a third order. I chose UPS this time for delivery (at roughly an extra $70 in cost) because it's clear GSO isn't up to the task. The item that arrived looks like it had been beaten with a baseball bat. The rack inside was scratched to hell, slightly bent, and the screws and bolts that came with it were falling out of the box. At this point I just have no idea what's going on. I asked Monoprice what to do and they said they couldn't send me a full complement of bolts for the product, and in fact I have the last one in their inventory meaning they have no more of these racks to send as a replacement. I'm just totally at a loss. I'm filing a fraud inquiry with my credit card provider since Monoprice is completely non-responsive to their customer service phone number.

Monoprice is a good deal only if your time is worthless.

2017-08-24

Used to be a great company

"I placed an order and the shipping was delayed by two days. I paid for expedited shipping too. The delivery company (GSO) said they attempted to make a delivery but it was an "Unsafe Location," and there is no update on when they will actually make the delivery. I live in a small, quiet residential neighborhood, my house has a covered porch, and there were 8 people at the house most of which were only feet from the front door. There was no attempted delivery, the driver lied to get out of making one.
I sent several emails to MonoPrice asking for an update but have yet to receive a reply - 3rd day waiting. I finally called the shipping company to find out what was going on, and they said they will come out in the next day or so. I needed the items two days ago.
This is my final order from MonoPrice, they used to be great but now are so unreliable it is not worth the risk.

2017-08-16

Held off on shipping order for 3+ days without telling me

"Typically Monoprice is great, but this order was horrible. Placed my order on Sunday evening and the order was marked as expected to ship the next day. I had order several things I needed for a project for the next weekend and with 3-5 business days shipping, I had full confidence I would have my items in time. However, Wednesday rolls around and I noticed that I hadn't gotten a shipment notification so I check the site for the order status. It has everything marked as shipped, but the order is in progress. That made no sense to me so I contacted customer service. They said that they held off on shipping my order because one of the items I ordered was not available at that location so they had to wait to get it from another location. They then asked if I would like to split the shipments. So, they could have split the shipment ensuring I still got the vast bulk of my order on time or they could just hold everything, not inform me at all, and just send it to me whenever they wanted. I have no idea how long I would have been waiting if I didn't go look for the status myself. Screwed me over on the things I needed. I'll just go with Amazon next time. At least I know it'll get here when they say it will."

2017-07-31

As expected

"Placed an order. Said it was in stock and would ship out the next day. Order sat pending doing nothing so I attempted to online chat with customer support which after waiting 5 minutes told me nobody was able to chat and closed the window. I called and sat on hold for 15 mins and told they were behind on orders and couldn't see what was wrong. I got off the phone and immediately received an email stating they were cancelling my order with no explanation. Back to Amazon I go!"

2017-07-27

Totally unresponsive

"Bought an audio cable from Monoprice. It was defective right out of the box. After 5 business days (and 3 e-mails), still no response from Monoprice. They used to be a great company...not any more. Buy your cables elsewhere!
Edit 8/1: Still no response to my return request. Its now been 2 weeks since I e-mailed them multiple times. To make matters worse, on their 'unsubscribe' page , they are claiming to have a 9.84 Reseller Ratings score!!!!!!! What a lie!!!!

2017-07-15

Sh#t experience

"Product arrived late. Box was not sealed. Small parts floating in bottom of unsealed box. 3d printer was to be assembled. Was not. Parts floating in shipping container. Called to return. Got a #. Days later network down, no pick up info, no one I talk to knows what the f#ck is going on. Will get back but never do. I am still waiting. I will be posting this everywhere I can if I get no response immediatly.
Monoprice has my money. Refuses to refund untill they decide when to get back to me. "Extortion and Fraud"

2017-07-10

Hope your order goes smoothly, or else you're in limbo forever

"I placed my order on June 26th, and payed with paypal. The funds were deducted from my account immediately, but my order on Monoprice never changed. It just staye as "In Progress". I opened a web chat with a support rep on July 5th, trying to find out what happened with my order. I would normally expect a company to proactively contact me and let me know that something was wrong, instead of me figuring it out on my own. The support rep that I chatted with said that she was helpless to do anything, and that "IT" had to find out what was wrong with the order before either a cancellation/refund was issued, or shipment took place. I asked if they could compensate me either by expediting shipping, or monitarily in some other way, but again, the support rep couldn't answer. Frustrated, I ended the chat, not knowing what would be next, or when it would happen. Today, July 10th, I placed a phone call into Monoprice support, and tried to find out again, what was taking so long. And AGAIN, the support rep couldn't tell me anything about what had happened, nor when it would be fixed. She only stated that she'd escalate to the "IT" team. I tried pressing for escalation to a supervisor or manager, but they were "at lunch". So again, I have no recourse but to continue waiting. Time to file a complaint with Paypal, and go that route. What a complete waste. Normally, I've been happy with Monoprice, but apparently, they're only a great company if things go perfectly."

2017-05-25

Monoprice used to be reliable but now... yikes are they bad!

"Their products are okay at best, have had hit-n-miss luck with their electronic components and speakers, good luck on their patch panels, jacks and mounts. Obviously I went there for price, but the quick order turnaround and shipping was a bonus. Well, that's gone now. Their turnaround and shipping has taken a serious dive over the past year or so. They no longer get orders shipped on time, they charge way more for overnight shipping now and don't deliver on that promise. To me that is adding insult to injury, charging way more than before AND not delivering... come on! Last few orders have all been the same story, pay for overnight, order doesn't get out of warehouse on time, shipping is slow or doesn't show up at all, get needed parts elsewhere, attempt to cancel order several times and ways, eventually get someone to respond, feel disrespected and disregarded. Well no more for me! Have spent 10's of thousands of dollars with them over the past few years and I still get treated with complete disregard, I'm just a number and not a valued customer to them. Taking my business elsewhere from now on."

Share monoprice.com's store rating

monoprice.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

monoprice.com is not a merchant member
monoprice.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!