Stores > Newegg.com (USA)
  • Newegg.com (USA Newegg.com (USA) Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.07/10 9.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.58/10 8.58/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.30/10 9.30/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.80/10 8.80/10
Voice your opinion! Review Newegg.com (USA) by clicking a star below.
KevinGrellmann's Avatar

Arizona
2017-05-24

Problem solved to my satisfaction (Best they could do for my situation)

"Eric.S.Damian-Perez helped me over the phone and totally knocked it out of the park. He was super kind and very understanding and listened to my struggle. Long story short. I ordered a Lenovo Laptop T440S Intel Core i7 4th Gen 2.10 GHz 12 GB Memory 240 GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 4400 14.0" Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit refurbished for $469.99. I instead got a DELL laptop in the mail. I contacted CS via live chat to get this one replaced. They mentioned to be before I returned it that since it was a refurbished item that they do not have UPC number so they are very hard to find and process, and that there was a chance the item may not be in stock again. Understandable as you can only have so many refurbished products of the same type available. 10 days go by and I finally get an e-mail notifying me of my RETURN, and no communication that a replacement was being sent out. I waited a day to see if they needed the time to send me a new one with new tracking and what not. Nothing.

I again contacted CS via live chat to see what they could do to make it right. They did not offer me a replacement of similar quality nor did they even try to find me one on the website. They told me to go look for another deal and they offered me a $30 discount. I told them I was not satisfied because I still don't have a laptop in my hand which was their fault to begin with. They finally offered me $50 as a discount. I tiredly agreed as I just wanted to order a laptop before it was to late in the day to have it shipped out the same day.

I went online to newegg.com, found a very nice laptop (Lenovo Laptop ThinkPad W520 Intel Core i7 2nd Gen 2720QM (2.20 GHz) 8 GB Memory 500 GB HDD NVIDIA Quadro 1000M 15.6" Windows 10 Pro - Retail, refirbushed) and placed my order. Then about an hour later I got confirmation that my Newegg Store credit card was declined. Mind you I just applied for it before my first purchase which was returned and was approved for $1,000. Well this computer was selling for $433.99. As you can see both laptops total up to be under $1,000, so even with a return being processed it was still under my limit. I contacted CS again via live chat. They told me that I needed to contact the credit card bank that newegg uses to back their card. I called in the middle of the chat and for some reason the account was locked. the lady unlocked it within a 5 minutes phone call. The newegg CS rep (Karry) told me that I should cancel my order and then reorder it to put it on my newegg card or use a different payment. So i told her to cancel it, then i went to reorder and the item was out of stock. I told her to stop on the cancel and by that time it was to late Karry cancelled the order "per your request". I told her "no, this is not going to work. I would like to talk to your supervisor." Finally Duncan D. joins the chat and Karry leaves the chat and the session ends and I don't have anyone to talk to but myself.

Annoyed I called NewEgg CS phone line. That's where Eric stepped in and did an amazing job understanding and helping me. He told me the warehouse may still have the item set aside for my previous order and called them. After a few minutes he tells me that the warehouse could not find the product but gave him a list of over 100 laptops that are very similar in quality and price for me to chose from. He stay on the phone with me and walked me through about 4 different options of laptops which I looked at online with him when he gave met he item number. We talked about quality and compared them together. He asked me what I was going to use it for and what specifics I was looking for. We figured it out in about 45 minutes, which felt like 15 minutes. He even told me to purchase it online while he was on the phone, He comped me some discounts which I didn't really need because we found a cheaper computer and almost a better deal I think.
Lenovo Laptop T430S Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3320M (2.60 GHz) 12 GB Memory 750 GB HDD 14.0" Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit $411.99 refirbushed.

Finally someone willing to fix my problem. After the fact I checked my e-mails and Duncan did apologize in an e-mail that we got disconnected and wanted to help me. But by then I was to overwhelmed at how long live chats can take. Overall I am happy with what I will be getting. it was a unhappy start to middle but had a good ending. Not quite the size of the screen I wanted but better specs on the inside of the computer aside from being i5 and not i7. Thanks Eric!

2017-05-24

Hector's Support was Amazing!

"I had an issue with a motherboard I bought and had to call Newegg a few times for issues that kept arising. Each support agent I spoke too did great, but the last agent I spoke with Hector.G.Lopez was amazing. Thank you for your help Hector, you went beyond your call of duty. I am now and extremely happy customer! I usually don't go out my way to write reviews unless someone truly deserves it and I will say that Hector deserves this outstanding review."

Always a Great Service

"Ordered many things from Newegg over the years, never had a bad experience with their sales or service. Today they honored a price drop on an item that was not even price guaranteed. I can always trust Newegg to be great in every way. Will always use them first for my computer parts needs."

Refund Nightmare

"Buying items and service is fine. But when it was time to get a refund from an item I bought which they shipped me the incorrect item, was a nightmare. As I write this, I have been waiting a month since I sent the item back to them to recieve a refund. Its always an issue when I call them thwy say they will take care of it then a week later I call and its back to square one. As long as you dont have to return anything, its an easy site and affordable and great deals. But otherwise, its a pain."

2017-05-23

Customer Service is the Best! Hands down... drop mic.

"Kinda messed up understanding an invoice; called Customer Support to clear things up.
Come to find that the order was fine and that I didn't have to return items that I already had.
In the end I got compensated for my troubles... had an awesome lady give me friendly advice... and that compensation will go towards something I find out I needed all along and kept 'blowing off'
NewEgg has great stuff at decent prices; most stuff from their warehouses ships Free. (try getting that w/o having to pay for the privilege of being a loyal customer, huh)

great service from Newegg

"Bot software with mail-in rebate. Rebate VISA card (finally) arrived - could not activate. Called newegg service rep who could not log on to rebate website either. Newegg rep (Missy. Y. McDonald) e-mailed me a few hours later asking for copies of UPC and invoice. Sent same. She (apparently) contacted card issuer the same day and then I was able to access their website and activate credit card promptly. The kind of service that has kept me returning to Newegg for over 10 years, whenever i build a computer /need software at great prices, etc. etc. Good Job!

Fantastic customer service!

"Twice I had a problem with which the Newegg customer services, twice they were solved with minimal stress and effort. Thank you Ellie!"

2017-05-22

Najai D. is the BEST customer support rep @ newegg.

"I was dealing with a complex refurb\RMA issue utilizing a third party shipper and needless to say there was lots of confusion and back and forth. Najai was able to pull everything together and see my issue through to the end. Thanks Najai!!!"

Customer Service

"Got a live response in 2 minutes, issue was resolved in under 10. Also had another experience the day before with changing an order to a more preferred item. Both of these were most likely my fault and Newegg yet again fixed them for me regardless. These guys have yet again reminded me of why I continue to buy from them. The prices are almost always the lowest and if they aren't I would spend a few extra bucks for the customer service. The ONLY time I wont buy from them is if they don't have a particular Item I am looking for, but I haven't had that problem for years now. Here is an exact copy of my customer support, I am sure others have the same experience with them.

ME: hi
ME: the order i placed has 3 day shipping on in that cost an extra $8.50. I did not intend for this to be on the item, I wanted just the regular free shipping
Yuki X. : I am so sorry to hear that this happened. I would be more than happy to assist you. Would you mind if I have a few minutes to look into this order for you, Max?
ME: sure, thank you
Yuki X.: Thank you for your patience while I looked into this. After checking, I show the $8.5 is the shipping fee for Newegg 3 day.
Yuki X.: Because we do value you as our customer, I would like to refund the $8.5 shipping fee to you as an exception.
ME: ok thank you, normally i use the free shoprunner shipping, or if its not available i just use the standard eggsaver free shipping.. not sure why this one was different
Yuki X.: You are very welcome.
Yuki X.: I am sorry that I am not sure why it was selected 3 day shipping.
ME: yeah i dont know, i ordered it with a group of items and sometimes newegg splits order numbers depending on shipping locations and retailers i suppose
Yuki X.: Yes, you are right. We splits orders depending on shipping locations and retailers.
Yuki X.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today, Max?
ME: nope that is it, thanks for the quick customer service and getting things fixed... this is a prime example of why i only buy from newegg.
Agent: It is really my pleasure!

Dwight S - The Best Paper Salesman/Newegg Customer Service Employee

"Newegg - Dwight S

Dwight S provided fantastic customer service, with speedy responses and confidence in his information. He was humorous and built large rapport with me (the customer) during my interaction with him. I've had numerous transactions through Newegg and not all of them were great, but Dwight S definitely left a good impression of what I can expect from Newegg: quality service.

2017-05-21

Had some great service due to a bad board

"Been having major problems with the gigabyte gaming 5 and wanted to completely change boards to get over the hassle of all the error codes, bad fan ports, and hard drive errors.

Thanks to Christy Y. i'm getting store credit and a far better motherboard.

2017-05-21

Customer Service

"I recently had a CPU(i7 Kaby Lake) come in only working on 3 cores, 4 cores would BSOD on an infinite loop. It wasn't able to be cross shipped and as it was my only working PC I asked if there were other options. The customer service rep (Ada L.) worked some magic to get me a round about version of a cross ship situation so I could use the PC on 3 cores until my new one came in. I simple bought a new one, once I got it I RMAed the original one for store credit which was then converted to a refund on their end back to my bank account. I haven't actually completed the process yet, but if it goes through without a hitch its for SURE 5/5 star customer service!"

2017-05-20

Great cust. service

"Been shopping at Newegg for many years now. Always a pleasure to do business there.
Prices are very competitive and their sales make the prices even more so.
Flat screen TVs to PC monitors, motherboards, memory,cases, vacuum cleaner to can opener, bought it all there.
Only a couple times I have had an issue with a purchase, and the folks at Newegg took care of it right away.
Too bad every company does not take care of its customers as well.
Thank you.

2017-05-20

Great Customer Service

"I accidentally ordered the wrong item. Neweggs customer service department handled the RMA quickly and professionally. Extremely happy and have already placed another order."

2017-05-18

AMAZING SERVICE from Troy!

"Just when you think service is dead, BOOM! Troy steps in and saves the day. I messed up my order for computer components by individually ordering Combo items. I was going to send everything back then order the combo but troy stepped in and paid the difference in savings back to me so I could continue ordering my additional components! Thanks Troy!!! "

Share Newegg.com (USA)'s store rating

Newegg.com (USA) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Newegg.com (USA) is a merchant member
Newegg.com (USA) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,403 merchant members.