Stores > Avenue

Product & services pricing Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.19/10 2.19/10
Voice your opinion! Review Avenue by clicking a star below.
2017-12-07

Worst company ever! Rip off!

"I made a purchase of $126.16 for 8 items. As soon as I got the items I tried them on and needed a different size. In the box was a return exchange paper (no return policies were on this paper). I quickly filled it out and then shipped the package back, without looking online for return policy. A couple weeks later I got an email saying 2 items were non returnable because they were clearance. They charged me 8.96 for sending the items back for "shipping" and I had the option of paying 8.96 to send the items that didnt fit back or they could donate in my name. I chose to send them back and pay another 8.96. I at that point had spoke to a supervisor and was completely livid! I told her to return me the too small items charge me the shipping but to keep the other 6 items and refund me fully for those. I specifically told her I wanted nothing else from their company and was given confirmation the rest of the order was canceled I would not be charged. A couple weeks after I received the non returnable items back I noticed another charge on my card followed with an email 2 more items were being shipped. With another 8.96 shipping fee. I was given the option to return them once I received them with another 8.96 shipping fee applied. I said screw it and kept the items. Well now here again noticed my card was charged with another email 1 more item is being shipped with another shipping fee 8.96. I called again. Same story! I can't get ahold of anyone who makes sense anyone in the United States and no one wants to help! I've now been charged 98.88 total for 5 items 2 of which again don't even fit. The items themselves only costed 67.02! I'm so furious right now. I made my order 10/09/17 it is now 12/07/17 and still can't get a resolution. This can't be right!"

2017-11-19

RIP-OFF ARTIST

"New .88 cents policy is a rip-off plain & simple. The dress I purchased was not marked final sale or clearance, but was $16.88. The seams fall apart in their clothing. I'm done. No more."

2017-10-27

NEVER EVER buy online

"NEVER EVER buy online. Online said that coupon would be applied upon confirmation of payment, it didn't but instead I was billed. Customer service refused to apply the coupon and would not cancel. Also said I would not be able to return all iteams"

2017-10-22

Avenue took no consideration to a Harvey Survivor

"I took advantage or tried to use a birthday coupon sent to me from Avenue. I have a thousand dollar credit limit and enjoy use of my platinum card whenever I want. However, because my September payment was 4 days late due to being displaced from Harvey my on line order was canceled. Granted two payments were received two days apart in September, but still was unacceptable in their eyes. I don't plan on shopping this company ever again all it takes for me is one inconvenience and I'm done."

2017-10-22

Returns

"Terrible that they refuse to refund after you send an item back. They stated not returnable but we would be happy to donate it to charity or charge you again to send it back. Why would I return something that was not returnable if it was stated on their website makes no sense. This is terrible that they can rip off customers like this and stay in business. I highly recommend not doing business with this company."

2017-10-12

I have been a customer of Avenue for over 20 years never had a problem, until now. I place an order with the Avenue. And when I

"I have been a customer of avenue for over 20 years and have order clothes online & have mail clothes back to the company. But this time , I send two demin dresses back to them, request that one of them , be ship to me in a larger size.The Auenue customer service had the send me an email starting , we are unable to accept my return for credit or exchange. And had the nerve to tell me that , they are going to donate my item to an local charity in my name. "

2017-10-07

Company insinuated I had worn item I returned.

"I ordered several items from Avenue for an upcoming trip. My store in Macon, Ga has been turned into an Avenue Outlet. It looks like a swap meet now. I have bought quality items there in the past so I went to Avenue.com. When I finally received the items I tried them all on. The return instructions were clear, all tags must be attached, unwashed, unworn, etc. I followed the instructions and returned three of the items before I left for my trip. While gone, I got an email from Avenue saying that one of the items I returned had been worn and could not be returned. My choices were to spend $8.96 to return it to me or it would be donated to charity. I called and requested an appeal but that was refused as well. I am not an idot or a liar and do not like to be treated as such. I am 68 years old and have never been accused of anything like this before. I have paid to have the item returned to me, cancelled my Avenue charge card and will never frequent this business again. The Avenue does not value ne as a customer and will never miss my business. As a former business owner myself, I know this type customer service will cost them more than will gain by not accepting my return. I wish I could have given less than one star.
Brenda B Barksdale

2017-09-01

Butter jeans

"I have bought three pairs of these butter jeans 60 bucks each....within three or four wears the dye rubs off in the inner thigh area....i understand i am fat and my thighs rub.....but ive never paid so much for jeans and this ever happen....i have credit card with avenue and just plan on paying off and never shopping there again....unless they offer some kind of riembersment...very disappointed!!!"

2017-08-31

Is this a RIP-OFF???

"Defined as: a fraud or swindle, especially something that is grossly overpriced. Synonyms: fraud, cheat, deception, swindle, confidence trick

I placed an order online on 8/30/2017. When I placed the order the clearance items were 25% off, now in less than 24 hours on 8/31/2017 I look at the site to make more purchases and I see that all clearance is 40%. Could I please have a price adjustment? No Ma’am you cannot. This is a rip off. I spoke with a customer service representative named Joey and he put me on hold for over 10 minutes because I wanted to speak to a manager about the adjustment. After returning to the call he suggested that he would submit this to corporate for a price adjustment and gave me a confirmation number. I was still unable to speak to a manager - I assume there was no manager. Unfortunately, they claim this is their policy but I have yet to receive this policy in writing. Did I mention that I purchased some items in the store and then I look online and they were cheaper in the store than online? I don’t know what’s up with this place but they are not consistent and it seems to be a rip off in my eyes…

I will mention that the clothes that I purchased thus far in the store a pair of jeans and a jacket, I do like the quality. But, I don't like being ripped off.

2017-08-18

I will never shop with Avenue again!

"Sadly after the fact I learned that I cannot return most of the items that I purchased after spending $170 with Avenue because most of my items end in 88 cents, are clearance items that don't meet the $16.96 minimum requirement or one of their final price items. They will not budge at all. This is the worst scam of a return policy I have ever seen! They should be straight up an honest and say we probably won't accept a return of the items you purchase from us. Not only is there return policy very poor their clothing does not fit as the sizes state. I bought about 8 different items and every one of them were way too big for me and not anything I can work with at all! If you're lucky enough to read all of these reviews before purchasing from Avenue do not do it. I would stay far far away from the store. I will never shop there ever again!!"

2017-08-06

Do not shop at this store!!

"I gave it one star because 0 wasn't available. I wish I had read these reviews before I purchased from this store. They are all very similar to my experience with them. I am closing my account and never shopping there again. Unfortunately I am out about $80. I ordered 3 tops from them to take on vacation. I removed the tags when I was packing. The first time I wore the first top, I saw that it had a dime sized hole in the front. The second top was too big. I sent them back and they sent me an an email saying that the return was unacceptable because it did not meet their return standards and that they could return them to me for $8.95 shipping or donate them to charity. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I hope they fail as a business. Please heed this warning and the reviews that have been posted. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!"

2017-07-21

Learn from my expensive mistake

"I just dropped $170 at Avenue and hit submit before I read their return policy. BIG MISTAKE! I've shopped at a lot of stores online with excellent return policies, but I've never come across one so complicated or sketchy, and now I know none of my clothes qualify as returnable if they don't fit. Just make sure you go to the store, if you have one, and try the clothes on.

... they are obviously aware that their clothing runs all over the place and that most women will buy multiples to ensure the fit, so they make their return policy as complicated as possible so they don't have to keep all of the returned clothes in their inventory... and I'd like to know what charity they plan to donate to, the "Ripped off avenue customer" charity because who's to say they don't just put that stuff right back in their inventory.

2017-06-20

Worst bra I have EVER owned.!!!

"A friend recommend this store for a bra. I went into the store where my aunt and I were greeted and sized
(Very incorrectly). Once we got the size right we both quickly tried on and bought to bras each because there was a buy one get one sale so why not huh lol well, turns out the "sale" didnt include the ones we picked even though it was clearly marked. Once we have bought the items and get maybe a week of wear out of them the straps begin to stretch or something because no f**king matter what you do the starps literally never stay on your shoulders!!! I have never been so annoyed that I could take off my bra in public just to get the worthless thing off!!!! AND OF COURSE you can NOT return them to save your damn life!! I hate this store, how they're still open is a mystery to me!!!

2017-06-14

Bait and Switch

"I went in to the store and founds lots of things I loved. Staff was friendly and helpful, talked up the merchandise and showed a bunch of pieces they own and even helped my husband feel welcome when he came in with me. I let them talk me into a store card because I had a sizable purchase and the benefits were worth it.

More than half the things I bought did not live out the year. The shoes started falling apart after a couple of uses, clothes stretched out and/or pilled like crazy. I bought this beautiful ombré skirt that was perfect for summer events and only got to wear it once . I washed it according to the directions, cold/delicate, and the blue dye bled all over the white. I tried to bring it back a week or 2 after purchase and was told by numerous people that it wasn't returnable as is. Spent an hour on the phone with customer service to be told the same thing. I tool it to a dry cleaner to see if it was salvageable and was told it would be like "shoveling sand against the tide" as it was clearly a defect in the dyeing process. Needless to say that card was canceled and I will never shop there again. Definitely a disparity between cost and quality.

2017-06-13

Return Policy is Deceptive/Dishonest

"I ordered several items of clothing on Avenue.com. I ended up returning some of the items for various reasons. One of the items I returned was not accepted for return and I received a phone call indicating that I could pay $8.95 ("plus tax") to have the item sent back or I could choose to "have it donated". I asked the Representative to what organization the item would be donated and she could not tell me. I also asked what the "plus tax" was for (what was the basis for additional taxes) and she couldn't explain that either. This company is engaging in very questionable and dishonest practices regarding their return policies and I will never do business with them again. They treat their customers as if they don't need them, so I will take my business to companies who value their customers."

Share Avenue's store rating

Avenue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Avenue is not a merchant member
Avenue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!