Product & services pricing 4.17/10
Customer service: 5.42/10
Return/Replacement policy: 4.17/10
2018-04-21

to many extra charges

"There is to many extra charges charged in the bill. Beside the Account usage amount. Thank God I don't use long distance. Only when it is an emergency"

2018-04-12

Pathetic Service

"Since BlueTone changed the override code my Mother has been unable to call any number overseas. Tried calling the service 3 times - still no resolution except that I was forwarded to Telstra (just to hear that it is BlueTone who should contact them on long distance calls problems). Would not recommend them."

2018-03-29

Overcharged and hidden fees

"I'm getting charged every month extra 2.99 even when I don't use it. Or my calls cost under 1 dollar bit my bill ends up to be 8 dollars.. ."

2018-03-23

Customer service

"Excellent customer service, Blue Tone rep. Was very experienced."

2018-03-21

The rate is not as advertised.

"I was promised to get 2.9c/min, but after review my bill I found they charge me 10.3c/min before transporter surcharge and tax . The customer service could explain nothing to me, it looks like they see invoice the first time and don't have any ideas how they bill their customers.

2018-03-17

Scammers

"Paid my bill through the bank, but on the next bill, it says I didn't pay my bill. I call to see what happened and was told payment was never received. 2 days later I received the next bill saying that it was paid, but then was charged additional fees. Called to cancel the account, but won't cancel it cause there are fees. Pay the fees, then call to cancel and they say it was never received. So they charge you again for the month. How do I cancel this scam of of a service? Also, when I went to sent up my account online, I wasn't able to do so....just trying to to sink your teeth in to you so you can never break free. Do not join!!!"

2018-02-04

Friendly service

"I had some questions about services and the operator really helped me. As a result, some extra charges were dropped and the bill was more reasonable.

Posted Mar-01-2018

“Thank you so much for your comments! We are happy to hear that you are pleased with our services. Feel free to e-mail us at customer.care@btone.us with any suggestions. Customer satisfaction is our priority.

2018-02-01

Great

"No problems making the call"

Posted Feb-01-2018

“Thanks so much for your comments! We are happy to hear that you are pleased with our services. Feel free to e-mail us at customer.care@btone.us with any suggestions. Customer satisfaction is our priority.

2018-01-16

BLUE TONE IS THE BEST

"This the best way to make long distance call from canada to every where in the world*****"

Posted Jan-17-2018

2018-01-07

Arbitrary, inflexible

"I shifted from NECC, an outstanding reseller who provided my long distance for years, when it closed down for unknown reasons. Bluetone set a $30.00 limit on my account, when for years I ran balances well over that on two NECC accounts. These accounts, with very few exceptions, were paid on a timely basis, but BlueTone set a $30.00 limit on my account, is extremely inconvenient. My first impression of blueTone is not very good, but I will try to resolve the issues at hand.

Posted Jan-11-2018

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that according to our policy all newly opened accounts have a starting limit of $30.00 for the first three months. After those three months the limit is increased based on the credit score the customer has achieved in this period. Please note that you may request an increase of the starting limit by contacting our Customer Service and one of our customer service representatives will assist you with your inquiry. For further assistance please contact Customer Service 617.752.9151 : (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!”

2017-11-01

dishonest people... do NOT get this service

"every few months they invent another way to Take few dollars out of your pocket. YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED IN ALL KIND OF PROGRAMS THAT YOU NEED TO PAY.... just like that...
YOU MUST KNOW THAT YOU WILL BE PAYING THE PRICE FOR 1 MINUTE EVEN IF THE PERSON IS NOT ANSWERING... than you'll have to fight for the principle of not being stolen EVERY MONTH rather than the 7 cents they charged you... ONE MONTH LATER THE SAME THING AND SO ON

Posted Nov-09-2017

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that one of our customer service representatives attempted to reach you in order to assist you with the billing issue, unfortunately we were unable to reach you. Please note that the "Launch 10 Fee" is part of the new promotion that was launched in June 2017 and it's not mandatory for the customer to pay it. Please note that we will be able to credit automatically the cost of the international 1 minute calls that are as a result of a bad connection but you need to report at least one example per billing cycle of any problems with the lines within 24-48 hours from the time of the call. Without valid connection issues reported, these calls will be charged to your account and we may not be able to credit full amount once the bill is generated. Please note that the company cannot guarantee that the other party will be available to answer at the time of your call. Our responsibility ends once your phone line is connected to the phone number you are trying to reach. Ringing is considered a connection and without valid connection issues reported, request of credit will be subject of denial. Please note that if you have already paid the fee and you didn't want to enroll in the promotion we will issue a refund on your account. For more information regarding the promotion and further assistance, please contact Customer Service 617.752.9151: (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!

2017-10-20

Crooked Practices

"I did not pay my bill on time and blue Tone, instead of sending me an email as a reminder, they just charged me 21$. Taking in consideration that my bill was less than 1$, I consider that the penalties are exaggerated, therefore I decided to move my business somewhere else. Also, there are hidden fees that did not exist in the beginning."

Posted Oct-23-2017

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that we were able to review your account and found out that the current charges include a past due balance which was due. The continuation fee is charged automatically whenever there is a passed due balance. For further assistance, please contact Customer Service 855.225.9914 : (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST).
Connect to your world!

2017-09-25

Surprise!

"I was pleasantly surprised when I got my bill last month amounting to $1.00!
I had a little problem reaching my friends in Austria but I think that is fixed now!

Posted Sep-28-2017

2017-08-26

Very bad customer service experience

"I signed up due to the monthly fixed amount of 10$ with no hidden fees. I asked anout fees before signing up and was confirmed there are none.
I had none for the first 2 months then they added the transporter surcharge that was around 2$, but varying monthly.
When I called to ask, lots of good explanations were provided.

Then earlier this year I got another fee called referral fee of 3$ without our approval. When we called they said that it was added for our benefit, but if we don't want to enroll in the referral program they can waive it.
So the policy is we will charge you first and then you call to dispute - unacceptable. I decided to cancel the account. Done in the middle of the billin period. I was told we will be billed for the time we consumed the service that last month.
The invoice comes with a full month charge - not prorated.
I emailed with a complain they answered that it is stated in the Customer agrement on the web that after 10 days a full month will be charged. I could not find this in the Customer agreement, so I asked them to show where I agreed to this.
Then they said a rep will call me. They called a couple of times, but my work did not allow me to pickup. I called them twice and I reached the 1st level of customer service and each time they had to transfer me to the next level but they dropped the call.
Long story short - it is not about the money, it is a matter of principle and a very bad customer service experience.

DO NOT RECOMEND BLUETONE !

Posted Aug-29-2017

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that we offer cheap rates and plans to call internationally however we cannot remove or avoid the state, federal and carrier charges while providing our services. Please note that the Carrier Charge is a fee that is paid by the customer to our carrier based on the contract that we have with them. This charge is being imposed to recover amounts for regulatory costs, for telecommunications services for the speech and hearing-impaired, local number portability, governmental mandates, and North American Numbering Plan administration. This amount is a certain percentage of your Account Usage (cost of the calls not including taxes). Please note that the Referral Plus fee was part of the new promotion that was launched in June 2017 and it's not mandatory for the customer to pay it, therefore we have already applied the credit to your account for this fee per your request. For more information regarding the promotion and further assistance, please contact Customer Service 617.752.9151: (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!

2017-07-07

They'll promise you everything and will behave initially, but at the end will find a way to screw you ...

"Absolutely dishonest. A lot of misleading information on the website, operational charges, transporter surcharges, increasing your rates more than twofold with an alleged warning hidden somewhere in the small print in the back of your bill ...
When I called to cancel, they picked up in few minutes, but after hearing that I want to cancel, they transferred you to the "cancellation department" where I was kept on hold for half an hour. Obviously, it's a very busy department ...

Posted Jul-12-2017

“We apologize for the inconvenience, please note that customer satisfaction is our priority. Please note that we offer cheap rates to call internationally however we cannot remove or avoid the state, federal and carrier charges while providing our services. Please note that the Carrier Charge is a fee that is paid by the customer to our carrier based on the contract that we have with them. This charge is being imposed to recover amounts for regulatory costs, for telecommunications services for the speech and hearing-impaired, local number portability, governmental mandates, and North American Numbering Plan administration. This amount is a certain percentage of your Account Usage (cost of the calls not including taxes). Please let us know if you had experienced any other issues regarding our service and feel free to to e-mail us at customer.care@btone.us with any suggestions. For any other inquiries, please contact Customer Service 617.752.9151 : (Mon-Fri) 9am-10pm (EST), (Sat-Sun) 10am-4pm (EST). Best regards!

Share BlueTone's store rating

BlueTone is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BlueTone is a merchant member
BlueTone participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,438 merchant members.