Stores > Carrentals.com
  • Carrentals.com

Voice your opinion! Review Carrentals.com by clicking a star below.
  • 1
  • 2
2016-08-31

Extortionists

"This company refused to reimburse me for not being able to use my car reservation due to the double hurricanes in Hawaii unless I immediately made one for the same cost or higher. Their customer service agents need to look up the meaning of the word "reimburse" and the phrase "extenuating circumstances." They do not care about the safety of their customers. Do not use them!!!!"

2016-06-20

Attention Orlando Families on Vacation....DOLLAR CAR RENTAL!!!

"I booked an economy car from DOLLAR CAR RENTAL... for a friend that was arriving at 10:30 Friday night. Great deal!!! NOT! $148 for 4 days. Was told a car similar to a KIA. Sounds good Huh? Well i thought so too until he went to the counter to pick up the car. Agent told him...Sir you won't even get your suitcase in this car. It was some type of a Smart Car. Ok....11:00 now on Friday night in Orlando....One hr ride to destination in Cocoa Beach...he said well give me the next size up...Sure Sir...That will be $600 for four days! ... BEWARE.... I talked with two agents and NO ONE mentioned the size of that death trap.."

2016-06-01

Awful car rental search engine - booked car in a different city

"I had searched for a rental car in Hartford, Connecticut. I selected a car and booked it online. When I landed from my flight and went to the car rental company I was surprised to find out that my car was booked in a different city 35 miles away. Hertz was great and helped me get a car, but since this was a holiday weekend and they didn't have a similar car it costs me an additional $60 for a car that could hold my kids, car seats, and luggage. The search engine does not display the city where the car is being booked. They give a street address only. Awful search engine.

I notified their customer service and they did nothing to help.

2016-05-11

Worst car rental place ever

"Total, total rip off. The price at the counter was double the original quoted price when booked online. On top of that customer service was deplorable, the vehicle had damage on every panel and only 1/8 a tank of gas so the first thing I had to do was look for a gas station. And 3 months later they billed me $75.00 for a $4.80 toll charge! "

2015-08-28

"This has to be the worst car rental experience I have ever had. The reservation was misleading. I did a search for a vehicle at the MCO airport, however, after making the reservation I realized that the system AUTOMATICALLY directs you to find the cheapest price closest to your desired area. So I ended up with a rental that wasn't even at the airport -- it was close to the airport. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!!! I never spoke to a "live" person. All of the customer service is e-mail only. I contacted them within 2 hours of making screwed up reservation, and they refused to issue a refund. I got my credit card involved and they could not get my money back either. $300 GONE!!!! THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! Worse than zero stars...more like NEGATIVE 1,000 stars."

2015-08-07

"NEVER EVER IN THE FOREVER OF NEVERS, rent a car through CarRentals.com. You're better off just booking through the rental company's site. They fail to tell you all of the possible charges that may occur until you show up to the rental location, only to find you have to pay an arm and leg on top of the NON REFUNDABLE money you already put on the car, in which carrentals.com gets a percentage of. I've been at this rental location for two hours waiting to get a car because of all the fees I had no idea I'd have to pay. They suck. Like beyond suckage."

2015-07-01

"They provided a misleading information about car rental company "Zoom". Simply, in their ad it was stated "Unlimited Milage" to attract the customer. When they charged my credit card to book the car, there was find prints stating Limited milage! This cost me extra 130$ for 2 days of rental. When i contacted them , the customer service was even worse and not even discussing logically! "

2015-03-25

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY WHAT SO EVER

Even if they offer you cars for $3.99, this company is a rip off.
American Express has Auto Coverage on the Gold & Platinum Cards, When you get to E-Z Rent a Car they acting up like its not legal and you cant do this (go to dollar/enterprise/ect. you can..) and they try to sell you their insurance for $19.99 a day!

No think, you coming in from out of town after a long flight you just want to get to the hotel, now go ahead and pay or stay with no vehicle or reservation..

zeta's Avatar

Arizona, US
2014-04-07

"April 2014 order.

Had to place a quick reservation on the spot since it was cheaper than walking to the counter to reserve a car. Did it on the wrong date apparently, then the EZ Rent-a-car representative couldn't do anything about it and couldn't match the price either. So I tried to find a phone number for Carrentals.com but couldn't find one. I tried to cancel it, but the charge would still be there since cancellations for some companies are not refundable. I then booked it with Alamo through car rentals, which don't ask for payment until you show up at the rental place. This second method is so much better in case of mistakes.

But in order to have my charges refunded through the first time, I had to email them. The first reply I received was telling me about their terms of cancellation, so I replied again explaining in more detail what happened and then they talked to EZ Rent-a-car which then provided me a courtesy refund.

Pros:
Cheap price
Simple

Cons:
No phone number, only email contact information
Their cancellation policy sucks with some companies (especially EZ Rent-a-car)
Their website cannot give a choice of an exact return location in another city.

2014-04-02

"Good simple website to use. They seem to have much more choice of rental companies than some of the other sites. I chose an Ace rental car in Los Angeles and it worked out fine"

2013-08-07

"I had a emergency cancellation of travel plans. If THAT was not bad enough, I can not get carrental.com to answer any direct questions. I only get a canned response with their entire policy returned in quotes.
I will NEVER give this scam company ANY more of my hard earned money and encourage everyone to look else where for their car rental needs.
My quess is that they make their money preying on hard working individuals like you and me who do not have any control over their travel plans.
As everyone else who has dealt with these 'people' I would prefer assigning them a ZERO star rating, but that is not possible.

Share Carrentals.com's store rating

Carrentals.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Carrentals.com is not a merchant member
Carrentals.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!