Chance of future purchase: 1.25/10
Shipping & packaging: 1.88/10
Customer service: 1.25/10
2018-08-13

Can Do Better!

"I had a hard time with the shipping process. But then a technical support experience that followed made up for it."

2018-07-25

Don’t buy anything form this Company with terrible customer service with all there department

"I had very bad experience with Dell Canada customer service and also Dell financing. First of all they don’t speak English and you have big problem explaining to them What exactly you want. Second of all they don’t care and any thing about customer service. Third of all they are really rude and nasty when they are communicat with you even email. Dell financial is another Chaotic think. They don’t know anything about financing and really poor English and really poor customer service.
My experience this company has a very very poor and unprofessional department when you try to contact them
I will give them 0 at of any star. Don’t buy anything from them.
Have a great day or night

2018-07-03

"A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing us. Through this site, in the wake of perusing every one of the articles"

2018-06-12

Dell does not provide service and lies on reports

"Hi,
I am only writing this because im incredibly displeased at the customer support offered by Dell. I've been trying to talk to them and solve the problem with my laptop. I've been placed on hold and waited for transfers for over 20 hours now. Not only that but they lie in their reports about offering me service or trying to contact me, saying that i refused, hung up in their face or just didn't answer.
I actually once tried to mention a call I never did to see what their answer would be and what i was told was that "I hung up again and never answered when they called me back".
My wife called them while she was in Canada and was told she should wait for them to send assistance, which never happened. Once again we called from Brazil and were told that we can't receive assistance because we were outside of the US or Canada. Later on we called them once more, and were forced to stay in a call for over two hours to try to solve our problem. The person that was supposed to be giving us assistence automatically thought we were just trying to get free stuff and kept insisting in not letting me talk to any manager, he even transferred the call several times to other completely unrelated people, like tech support and then to another coworker. When he finally transferred it to his manager we were put on hold for 40 minutes (this is an international call) and then the call dropped. So i got no solution at all. When trying to contact Dell once more, im informed that this same guy who kept me on hold on an international call for so long wrote in the report that he "offered me a special service as goodwill, but i refused because i would need to be in the US or Canada". Interrestingly enough I was actually on my way to Canada just two weeks after that so if i really had that opportunity I would have taken. Instead, I got a huge phone bill and got my case even harder to be solved now that in the report it says i refused a special exception.
After that, now in Canada, i exchanged emails with Dell to try to receive the service we requested so long ago and have been trying to get it solved since then, and after a long time sending and receiving emails i am given a number to call that will supposedly help my situation. The number ends up being the regular customer service line, in which i spend a few more hours talking to the employees, sometimes they even bring me hope saying the will be helping me out, and that they know exactly what should be done and will transfer me to the correct area that WILL solve my problem. But then transfer me to the very beginning with the electronic call manager (that robot voice who takes your calls), and then to someone else to whom i have to explain the whole situation again and receive no help at all.
So to recap, I requested in-warranty service from dell, who never touched my laptop or even tried to do anything about it. Later when I ask them to please do the service i requested they tell me that it is not possible. Then again they make me go through a long time in calls just to drop me and lie in the report saying they were great to the "mean customer". Since then all i got were false hopes and more hours in hold & transfer.
Normally I would not care if a computer I bought started having some problems and might just get a new one or get it fixed. But this was a gift for my wife. Not only I feel betrayed by the brand that gave me a malfunctioning product, I feel like I am the bad guy here because I gave her a gift that was supposed to be a reliable and versatile computer, but in reality ended up bringing me headaches and struggle
I used to say good things about Dell. In my workplace, where I am one of the owners, we actually own several of their computers and never had a problem with their service. It got so much different when I have to talk to them as a person instead of a business. But I am sure to not purchase anything from them anymore because I dont want my business, where we strive to give the best service to our costumers, to have any link at all with Dell, who treats their customers like filth.
That's not to mention all the struggle i had just to BUY this laptop. Those were by itself another bunch of hours talking and being on hold.
I strongly reccomend everyone to NOT buy from Dell ever. It is already well known that Dell's computer and laptop replacement parts are hard to get.
If anyone knows how to finally get this solved, i would be incredibly grateful.

2018-04-17

Incredibly poor customer service!

"Spent over four hours and four days trying to correct a error with my phone number."

2018-04-06

The worst customer service experience

"Well to start we both a 2800 laptop in January 2018 we get the computer it's not what we ordered there's no DVD drive which to start is a big issue as I do music production we call customer service and they end up sending us one took about a month but we finally got it only for it not to be compatible with the laptop(shouldn't the person on the phone no it was not compatible? Anyway we call again and they once again what to send out a different DVD drive instead of taking the laptop back the dirst time and sending the one we ordered to begin with so now 2 months later and we can finally use the computer. It gets better the second time we use it and the volume doesn't work and then to top it off we receive a letter saying there not receiving payment which they were given all correct info for banking but once again there mistake we call up cause by now we are just fed up it's not worth the headache so we call for return label only be told it's more then 30 days so we can't return it.WOW we just spend 2 months trying to get out computer up and running and now it's having issue the second time we use it and they won't take it back we asked to speak with supervisors or a manager and she said sorry we don't have either and I asked to have someone contact by the end of today she said she will try and have someone contact us but did say they won't do anything it's over 30 days and that's it.. how about that for great customer service let's see if we actually get a call. Please if your smart you would never do business with dell it's been the worst of the worst

2018-03-08

Worst ever online shopping experience!

"Never come back again!!! They made my order a mess and charge me twice!!!"

2018-03-01

They clearly don't want to sell computers

"I ordered an XPS 13 in mid-February, and received a confirmation email. I checked the status towards the end of the month, and it showed my order as canceled. I contacted customer service by email and was told that the order was canceled because of verification issues, and I would have to speak with someone in Verifications to find out what the problem was. I called the number provided and sat on hold for 3 hours, before giving up. I called back and selected the option to leave a message, which said calls would be returned within 2 hours. When I didn't receive a call back, I phoned the second number provided by customer service and was forwarded to a call centre in the US. Finally giving up, I ordered a new machine. Two days later, the order status was "changed or canceled". My credit card had been charged. I wrote back to customer service and was told that it was a verification issue, which would clear within 3-5 days. As I was responding to that email, the laptop was delivered. I told customer service that I had received the laptop, presumably from the original order, so the second order needed to be canceled. I was just informed that both orders have now been canceled. If I hadn't just finished setting the thing up and downloading Office, I'd send it back and buy an ASUS."

2018-02-21

Worst customer service ever!

"I was trying to buy an Alienware Aurora from them. I told the sales representative that the delivery can only happen after March 1st since that is the first day of my new house. They said they would leave a notice there and it is guaranteed. Guess what, it makes no difference and the order still came out way early. Besides, several days later, I found they have deal online. I called in, ask if I can upgrade order. They said I have cancel the old one and order a new one. Then I was transferred to another apartment for cancelling. Again, they promised everything was fine and ask me to order the new one directly. Guess what, they lied again. Three days later one of them told me the desktop has been shipped and there is no way to cancel but when I called another lady, she told me it has not been ship yet, they could still return it to warehouse. Then guess what, you got it, they lied again, it went to Purolator. Then I called in, they told me they initiated a return request to carrier. Not surprising, they lied again. I called to Purolator, they said they never get any return request, but I can just refused the delivery and returned it to dell. It took me 2 mins to return it and dell used half month and even no request to Purolator? I will never buy a damn thing from dell anymore. All of their customer services are lairs."

2017-12-12

Faulty laptop and Dell isn't doing anything

"If you purchase the Dell m5030 a few years ago you might have run into the 7 beeps of death issue... Meaning there was a problem with the heat sink not removing heat from the processor intern giving you 7 beeps and the laptop will not turn on. If you did find the form for it you'll find that there are hundreds if not thousands of people who cannot get this resolved and Dell does not seem to care."

2017-11-29

Unsupportive support

"Be wary about Dell support. I have purchased Dell computers for many years, but it looks like they are cutting costs. It doesn’t matter what time of day you call, you go to India for English service and who knows where for French service.
Let’s start with India. These people are friendly and I can generally understand with their accents. Problem is, they don’t know what they are doing or, they take advantage of the client, and once they connect to your computer, they do things to mess it up. Then, all of a sudden, I get a call from a company claiming to be Dell with all of my info (Service tag, type of computer, etc.). When I started asking questions, they hung up on me. They made changes that could potentially have someone hack my computer. Now, I re-install Windows, yeah…. Non trustworthy Dell technicians.
As for the French service, thought I’d give that a try since I’m bilingual, it was like talking to someone in a cave and they were very rude. They forgot I was the customers I guess.

2017-11-10

Dell Selling Substandard computers claiming PCIe 16X Slots that are only 8X

"Alienware promotes PCIe 16X graphics slots that in reality only run at 8X. Alienware confirmed this to me. The Graphics slot will accept a 16X card but only performs at 8X. The Aurora R6 service manual for the motherboard has buried on page 20 item 20;
PCI-Express x16 mechanical/x8 electrical slot (SLOT1).
x8 Electrical is the actual slot performance. The motherboard has both slot 1 and slot 4 labelled as 8X. I have had Alienware confirm this. this information is not shown on Dell's retail site where people are looking for information to base spending thousands of dollars on a computer system. This is Complete Fraud. Contacting Dell and asking for compensation proved futile. They don't care and don't believe anyone will do anything about it. A class action lawsuit is being investigated. If you would like to be included please send your name and email address to dellfraud@hotmail.com

2017-08-18

Double Charged

"I purchased a laptop and the charged me TWICE!!! when I called them to rectify it she told me they had to wait until it is shipped before they can do anything! I was charged 260.00 twice! 520.00! Its a friday so now they tell me It'll be fixed by next week..I told them to cancel my whole order then, I refuse to spend my money with a company who has such horrible customer service. So I guess I'll see if they reverse BOTH charges by then! I called my bank and even they say that I have to wait until Monday and then if they don't fix the problem then, then they will launch an investigation into them. I have insurances coming out and DELL made no attempt to rectify the fact that there will be several Bounce fees for those if the money isn't back in time, let alone I need to now wait to buy FOOD! SO ANGRY! Horrible customer Service! and the fact they were able to take my money and there's nothing I can do until next week infuriates me! Big Companies get away with way too much!!!"

2017-07-21

Worst customer service in the world.

"Dell should be proud, it is not easy to be the WORST in the world. Somehow, they achieved it.

Customer service is all the bad things: unresponsive, sloppy, rude, terrible, dismissive.

2017-07-20

Useless customer service and ordering process - order held for ransom!

"I ordered a mouse that was advertised on sale. After one full week of the order just sitting in "processing" mode but not shipping, I contacted them to ask what the hell was taking so long. That's when they decided to tell me that the product was out of stock, and I should just order something else instead. When I told them that I was not impressed that they'd just left my order in limbo for so long without telling me and that I wanted them to just cancel it, they again told me just to order a different mouse instead of cancelling. Like I wasn't entitled to make my own decision on whether or not to buy from them, trying to force me to shop from them by holding my order ransom and not cancelling it. The customer service clerk lectured me not speaking to her politely enough and refused to honour my cancellation request. I have never been treated so cavalierly and disgracefully by any company before, and I will never buy anything from them ever again."

Share Dell Canada's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!